Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,582 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? (14895 Views)

What Is The Maximum Speed You've Attained While Driving? / The Fastest Car Of Every Decade (1880-present) / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Wallie(m): 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2011
ideylaff:

I reached 300 KPH (187.5 MPH) on the SilverStone Circuit in an F1 car as a Birthday Experience Adventure gift. a few years ago, wow cry

As a passenger?
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2011
Ikenna351:

Siena, you got it wrong. If you read the post properly, you would understand that i wasnt emphasing on the speed, but a matching car for a high speed.

Like i noted in the earlier post, a KIA Picanto can speed upto 170kph. Yes, likewise Toyota Yaris. But are you now telling me that the body or size of such cars match such speeds? You think they can handle it? So just because a car instrument cluster shows 240 km/h,  means that its safe to speed the car in question at such speed and still manuaever eventualities at such speeds?

Ikenna.

If you're referring to the size of the body shell, then again, you're not on point. A smaller shell with a decent power-to-weight ratio will out handle a big heavy car. I attend track days, and the cars that out handle the opposition are the small lightweights. An example is a Caterham 7 or a Lotus Elise. The Lotus Elise ('96-'01) makes a measly 118 bhp from its 1,8 I4 engine. This will out-accelerate a Bentley Turbo R, and out-handle it too. So, would you still say a big, heavy car is favourable for good handling? We've dropped balls-out power now, and engine configuration. I have been out-smarted on the track by a Caterham 7, with 110 bhp, with me in a heavily-worked Audi S4, with trick suspension and 412 bhp.

And you're getting things mixed up bro. At no point did I state the maximum speed of any car, based on what's on the speedo dials. I've gone by the manufacturer's figures, which have very little to do with the speedo dials. Most cars will have the dials calibrated in excess of the car's actual maximum, so the dials are a moot point.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by itoldu: 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2011
i did this somewhere between ile- ife and moro in a kia cerato 2008 model. i checked online for the topspeed of the car. it was written to be limited at 198km/hr whereas i went ahead to 200km/hr. the pics was taken with my hp phone so it aint that clear.
If you are interested in taking your car to topspeed in the southwest, there are two main roads/highways i can recommend.
1- from elegbusi beach to La campagne tropicana beach in Lagos state (my 1st choice, straight road and no potholes)
2- from ota to Joga orile in ogun state

Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by itoldu: 9:26pm On Nov 09, 2011
la campagne tropicana resorts
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by itoldu: 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2011
i was just wondering why some are putting their records from video games here. get real, it doesn't kill, it only makes you know how good a driver you are
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Wallie(m): 9:30pm On Nov 09, 2011
Ikenna351:

Siena, you got it wrong. If you read the post properly, you would understand that i wasnt emphasing on the speed, but a matching car for a high speed.

Like i noted in the earlier post, a KIA Picanto can speed upto 170kph. Yes, likewise Toyota Yaris. But are you now telling me that the body or size of such cars match such speeds? You think they can handle it? So just because a car instrument cluster shows 240 km/h,  means that its safe to speed the car in question at such speed and still manuaever eventualities at such speeds?

Ikenna.
Siena:

If you're referring to the size of the body shell, then again, you're not on point. A smaller shell with a decent power-to-weight ratio will out handle a big heavy car. I attend track days, and the cars that out handle the opposition are the small lightweights. An example is a Caterham 7 or a Lotus Elise. The Lotus Elise ('96-'01) makes a measly 118 bhp from its 1,8 I4 engine. This will out-accelerate a Bentley Turbo R, and out-handle it too. So, would you still say a big, heavy car is favourable for good handling? We've dropped balls-out power now, and engine configuration. I have been out-smarted on the track by a Caterham 7, with 110 bhp, with me in a heavily-worked Audi S4, with trick suspension and 412 bhp.

And you're getting things mixed up bro. At no point did I state the maximum speed of any car, based on what's on the speedo dials. I've gone by the manufacturer's figures, which have very little to do with the speedo dials. Most cars will have the dials calibrated in excess of the car's actual maximum, so the dials are a moot point.

If I may both of you are correct. The answer really depends. If you want the most stable car on the highway, the car needs to have a little bit of meat on it. You really don't want a paper weight like an Elise or Caterham when going triple digit speeds as they're adversely affected by wind and little undulations on the road.

On a tight track (track with very short straight ways and a lot of turns), you want a light weight small car or what some people refer to as a momentum car because it lacks power to accelerate quickly but it makes up for it by being able to carry more speed around a turn. On some tracks, a Lotus Elise or Exige will be faster than a Ferrari 458 (slight exaggeration but not far from the truth).

The most important things for you to have on a high speed run are good tires and suspension. You don’t want your car bouncing off the road when you hit a bump at high speed nor do you want a blow-out at triple digit speeds.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2011
From Lagos to Onitsha at 185km/h. My dad was driving and it was like a race against time after spending hours at that crazy Ore traffic.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 09, 2011
itoldu:

i did this somewhere between ile- ife and moro in a kia cerato 2008 model. i checked online for the topspeed of the car. it was written to be limited at 198km/hr whereas i went ahead to 200km/hr. the pics was taken with my hp phone so it aint that clear.
If you are interested in taking your car to topspeed in the southwest, there are two main roads/highways i can recommend.
1- from elegbusi beach to La campagne tropicana beach in Lagos state (my 1st choice, straight road and no potholes)
2- from ota to Joga orile in ogun state

Be careful bro, snapping pictures of your speedo at those speeds is risky business, but cool none the less.  cool

And as for the top speed, it wouldn't be limited. Limits are imposed on certain Euro models that will do in excess of 155 mph. Or in Japan, models are limited to 112 mph. Your figure for the Kia Cerato would be the maximum, very different from an electronically limited / governed speed of 198 km/h.  smiley
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 09, 2011
@signor zax
i dey feel you

@ikenna351
i dont rili kno much but from ur taste for d 505, would a mercedes benz 200 (aka flatboot) match?
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by itoldu: 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2011
umm, siena wink i see u. meant max speed.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 09, 2011
Wallie, I agree with you - to a point.  A lightweight, aerodynamic car will be less affected by crosswinds at speed, than a heavy, boxy one. This is also why the Lotus Elise has tremendous downforce, courtesy of it's rear spoiler and front splitter. It also sits closer to the tarmac, with the underside pretty much covered. With its small frontal and side area, it will cut through the wind, helped by its wedge-shaped profile.

A big, heavy car with a boxy shape will definitely be affected by crosswinds, and will become unstable at speed, even on a good day. The same goes for trucks - they are way heavier than cars, but at 90 mph will feel far from stable, and are more affected by crosswinds. Large frontal / side section = greater wind resistance, which increases the faster one travels.

But it's all good, we're all learning a thing or two here.  wink
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2011
i mean d 1976 benz 200

@siena
you're da man
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by goggs(m): 9:57pm On Nov 09, 2011
170 km/hr Jos - Bauchi highway in  my old faithful toyota carina II. This was like 6 years ago when Julius Berger just finished the road. Was trying to catch up with my friends travellingahead to Adamawa for a wedding.

I only realised my speed after my friend seating in the passengers side fumbled for the seat belt while staring ahead in horror and pushing back in his seat. I slowed and cautioned myself. My usual speed is 130 km/hr max no matter how good the road is.

i just dont trust naija roads.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Wallie(m): 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2011
Siena:

Wallie, I agree with you - to a point.  A lightweight, aerodynamic car will be less affected by crosswinds at speed, than a heavy, boxy one. This is also why the Lotus Elise has tremendous downforce, courtesy of it's rear spoiler and front splitter. It also sits closer to the tarmac, with the underside pretty much covered. With its small frontal and side area, it will cut through the wind, helped by its wedge-shaped profile.

A big, heavy car with a boxy shape will definitely be affected by crosswinds, and will become unstable at speed, even on a good day. The same goes for trucks - they are way heavier than cars, but at 90 mph will feel far from stable, and are more affected by crosswinds. Large frontal / side section = greater wind resistance, which increases the faster one travels.

But it's all good, we're all learning a thing or two here.  wink

The same down-force that keeps a car like an Exige or Viper ACR planted also inhibits it from doing well in high speed runs. The wing actually acts as drag. Redirecting the energy of the airflow to hold a car down creates more resistance for the car to push against. When turning, you want as much wing as possible so that you can carry more speed in the turns but when going straight, you don't want anymore wing than is required to add some weight to the rear tires. This is the reason racecar drivers will try to strike a balance depending on the track they are on.

With regards to boxy shape, you are right and my comments were directed to a modern day sedan and not a truck. To simplify, let's say a car with drag coefficient 0.35 or better.

I will own an Exige S260 in the near future, God willing!

Speaking for Caterhams, I once played with the idea of building a Lotus Seven kit car with a Miata engine.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by ambyzown(m): 10:23pm On Nov 09, 2011
I see there are a lot more speed demons in Nigeria than I thought. I enjoy the thrill of speed, but always put common sense into use when driving. The road from benin to Asaba is very good, so occasionally, I let loose. My fastest has been 220kph in my 2001 Nissan Maxima SE on a straight stretch of tarmac between Abudu and Benin when heading towards Benin. I know when to slow down, and keep my cars in good shape. I don't play with my suspension or tires either. Car racing is fun, but its unfortunate we don't have proving grounds or tracks here in Nigeria. What's the essence of buying powerful cars when you can't drive them faster than 120kmph?
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2011
Wallie, you're right - downforce aids create drag, it's hard to compromise between both. The best of both worlds of course is "active" rear wings. Seen as early as 1988 on the Volkswagen Corrado, and pretty mainstream these days - Porsche 993, Audi TT to name but a few. I quite like the system employed in the current Audi RS6 and S8. Not a wing in sight, but a very trick suspension set-up. As the speed piles on, the suspension lowers, making the car as aerodynamic as possible. The dampers are also linked diagonally by fluid or air, so corners as flat as possible.

I also looked into building a Caterham 7 some years back too, with an Audi A8 4,2 V8, and Audi 90 FWD 5-speed transaxle. But I was moving house at the time, so didn't have room for a bunch of parts and rolling chassis! I might still do it in the near future.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Ikenna351(m): 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2011
Siena, you still dont get it. We are not talking about race track or smooth road with corners here. We are talking about Nigeria high ways here. Do you know what will happen to a light weight small car like KIA Picanto with 13" wheel when that wheel enter a big pothole at 180 kph? Some of the pothole on highways here are big enough to consume 13" wheel. Considering a light weight small car, its mortuary straight! Siena, you may not understand since you dont ply on the death traps here called Nigeria high ways!

To safely speed on Nigeria highway, the car need to have enoght weight & more importantly, a matched car. I know about small sized cars that handles very well, more than some big sized cars on high speed, like Peugeot 205 that had set world record. But its a different thing entirely here.

I have driven a lot I4 cars on high ways here. I know terrible encouters i had with some of them, when trying to push them hard. Yes, they can speed, but lack certain handling qualities performance cars are equiped with. Recently, I purchased a Peugeot 605 V6 5-peed manual. The car has an electronic damper/shock absorber. Once the car gets to a certain speed, the damper will automatically switch to sport mode, to help balance the car at high speed. Unfortunately, none of the I4 605 has that electronic damper, except the Turbo model, i believe, which i also consider as a speed car. Yes, modern 14 cars has improved. But the truth remains, not all components installed in V6 or V8 cars to help the car with spped that their I4s get.

Now, would one compare the handling of Toyota Camry 2.2 (I4) with Lexus on Nigeria Highway? Would one compare the handling of Benz S-600 with Toyota Corolla on Nigeria highway, both at high speed? We all know what will happen to both if they jump the same big pothole at the same speed on Nigeria "good & safe" high ways. Nothing might happen to Collora, but the car the driver, at 180 kph,  would really feel the impact, the car wont lose control. But would Benz S- 600 noticed that anything happened at the same speed? I leave you guys to answer that.

Ikenna.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by gongoaso1: 11:00pm On Nov 09, 2011
Sometimes the saying "knowledge is free" is very true!!!

Learned a lot from this thread.
cool
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Ikenna351(m): 11:04pm On Nov 09, 2011
My points are:

1. Nigeria highways are deathtraps. Unsafe to speed.

2. Any car can speed on our highways, if the driver has the liver.

3. But some cars are safer to speed with on Nigeria highways, if the need arises or if the driver is in the mood.

Ikenna.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 09, 2011
Ikenna, I do get it. And my reference to handling will apply to Nigeria as well. No sane person would drive at crazy speeds on bad roads. The same applies to British roads. If the roads are bad, why would you give the car beans? This thread was about the maximum speed we've experienced in a car, you brought the handling aspect, engine type and suspension into the equation, and of course I responded to it.

And my write-ups are based upon your references to V6 models. Driving fast is not based upon the engine, if you're looking at bad roads, then the suspension is more important, regardless of the car. You could pick two cars, same make and model, just different engine - V6 and I4. The I4 could be better, with the same suspension set-up of the I4. Don't forget, some V6 engines have very deep oil pans, so ground clearance will not be as good as the I4 model.

As for citing the Kia Picanto, that makes no sense. I used it as an example, to counteract your argument that doing 170 km/h with an I4 was suicidal. I then picked another I4, at the opposite end of the scale - an Audi A4 B6 1,8T Sport. These were comparisons, not meaning one would drive a Kia Picanto at speed on roads with pot holes.

Driving at speed also calls for a degree of common sense - I wouldn't drive even a Volkswagen Phaeton (full-size sedan) at speed on a road full of pot holes. Why would anyone wish to take evasive action on such a bad road? And even with 20" wheels, we all know what would happen to the car if driven fast over the pot holes - buckled wheels, suspension geometry thrown out and a distorted bodyshell.

We're still learning, this thread is awesome!
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by obinna222: 11:27pm On Nov 09, 2011
I have done 200km on my Audi TT (Lagos - Benin)

200 km on my BMW X3 3.0i (Asaba - Benin - Lagos)

However, be sure that you car is in good shape ( brakes, tires, engine)
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Ikenna351(m): 12:10am On Nov 10, 2011
Another problem again grin Our highways are deathtrap, but not as you think. Let me describe Nigeria hiway to you.

You set out for a 10 hrs long distance drive. For 10 mins, 20, 30 mins or even 1 hr, you might not see any pothole. Or they might be small enough for you to steer away from & still maintain the same speed. But sometimes, while trying to overtake a long truck, blocking your view with thick black smoke from it exhaust, all of a sudden, halve way passing the truck, there a big hole you didnt see before you put head to overtake. Would you push off the truck so that you dont jump the pothole or would you prefer to remain behind the truck for hrs because you dont want to jump any pothole on speed when you still have another 9hrs drive to do? And mind you, you need to accelerate & overtake quickly before a coming vehicle reaches you (which is where a quick accelerating car becomes an advantage). So my brother, our high ways are not full of potholes the way those outside think. You wont say because you might jam a porthole after an hour of not meeting any pothole & you then decide to speed 50 kph. Pls, this is highway we are talking about. We are talking about passing through so many states, running on uninhabited dangerous road, likely full with armed robbers waiting for unfortunate vehicles to attack. We are talking about a driver who has to speed to keep himself alert from sleeping on the wheels. We are talking of roads where some part of states are unsafe to pass on at certain hrs of the evening or night. Pls, highway is not for the faint hearted. Whoever that is hitting a Nigeria high way is fully prepared of eventualities. Either you run slow and be left behind & deal with what you meet on the road alone or you you try to catch up. Of course, we speed sensibly on our highways. People that claimed to speed up to 200kph donot mean that they constantly were speeding that throughout the hrs of their journey. They would must have only tried that on a long straigth road they knew had no pothole.Mind you, the major cause of accidents on our high ways are not necessary because of speed, but reckless overtaking, inexperience driving (not experience enough to control a car at speed when tire burst occurs), not knowing how to negotiate a sharp bend ,etc. In fact, do you think that its every Nigerian that knows that not all tyres are speed rated? Do you think its every Nigerian car owner that knows how to check for tire production date when purchasing a tire? Some foolishly cause accidents themselves by buying inferior new tyres & speed with them, even the expired & used tyres. How many people in Nigeria do you think that really know how to drive? Very few. People buy auto trans cars, jump in and start driving for the first time. The next day, they will hit the high way & end up causing accidents for themselves & sometimes for others too. For me, I stay more alert on highway when am speeding. It prevents me from feeling sleepy on the wheels.

I can go on & on. If not for anything, i will never forget how my 505 V6 saved me from being under the 6ft,  which happened along Onitsha-Enugu expressway last two months, October. If it was to be other ordinally cars  i have used before i got this, i wouldnt have been existing by now. No one would understand except myself, alone in the car, when the incident happened. Ever been pushed out of the road by an on coming vehicle, on your own lane? That was the day i experienced the work of a performance car: to save life! I used to to think they were mainly produced for speed. I lived today to tell the story for the choice i made late last year when i purchased the car. Even with what happened, the car had no scratch after the incident, except that one of front tyre, a brand new tire, bursted when the ordeal happened. See, whether you decide to speed on high way or not, if accident happens, it can come where you are crawling and end your life right there. That was what happened the day. But God, coupled with experience i have in handling such situation & with a predictable car, made it possible to live and will continue to do anything possible to have & use a performance car on NIGERIA highway.

Our highways are not that bad truely speaking. They are just highways, not for the faint-hearted.

Ikenna.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by ambyzown(m): 12:20am On Nov 10, 2011
@Ikenna: Strange as it may seem, I totally agree with the first paragraph pf your last post. What I find hard to phantom is your continued reference to your Peugeot 505 as a "Performance Car" Are you kidding me? So what would you call a BMW M5 or an Audi R8 or a Nissan GTR?
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Ikenna351(m): 1:05am On Nov 10, 2011
@ ambyzown,

And what about them? Yes they are poweful cars, with modern electronic components that ensures good road handling of such cars at great or hi speed. And pleasurable to drive. Yes, performance cars, they might be too. But does that stop the 505 V6 from being one too? Was it because it a late '90s production? Car enthusiast dont judge cars by mere look or how modern they might be, but how they perform when geared into action. I can only comment on a car i have driven. The technology might be outdated, but it still remain what it is. At least, not many modern cars performs as good as the good as the car does. Most modern Performance cars need to be hard accelerated before they will perform. But this car is different. Its a short stroke V6 engine. The car shoots out like rocket at slight touch on the throttle pedal (low rpm). Find out the difference for us between short stroke & long stroke engine and get back to us. Tell us which one produces high engine torque at a very low rpm.

Its a performance car not just because its V6, but the road handling. Test drive one and judge!

Ikenna.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by sultaan(m): 3:11am On Nov 10, 2011
I think my max speed of (90mph/144kmph) going to florida(speed limit 80mph) happens to be same as the lady.

Worst case scenario not worth the thrill for me.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by OmolodMilkman93(m): 3:47am On Nov 10, 2011
240km/hr on my bicycle along benin-asaba expressway. My legs were sore after dat
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by chidexy(m): 8:35am On Nov 10, 2011
270 km/hr along the A9 Berlin - Munich Autobahn. I wasn't driving myself, but it was scary. Made the 800 km long distance in under 4 hours. We drove on Mercedes ML 350 rental car.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by niyistic(m): 8:41am On Nov 10, 2011
180 Km/Hr with Honda Accord V6 Engine, Asaba-Benin Express Way
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 10, 2011
Ikenna351:

@ ambyzown,

And what about them? Yes they are poweful cars, with modern electronic components that ensures good road handling of such cars at great or hi speed. And pleasurable to drive. Yes, performance cars, they might be too. But does that stop the 505 V6 from being one too? Was it because it a late '90s production? Car enthusiast dont judge cars by mere look or how modern they might be, but how they perform when geared into action. I can only comment on a car i have driven. The technology might be outdated, but it still remain what it is. At least, not many modern cars performs as good as the good as the car does. Most modern Performance cars need to be hard accelerated before they will perform. But this car is different. Its a short stroke V6 engine. The car shoots out like rocket at slight touch on the throttle pedal (low rpm). Find out the difference for us between short stroke & long stroke engine and get back to us. Tell us which one produces high engine torque at a very low rpm.

Its a performance car not just because its V6, but the road handling. Test drive one and judge!

Ikenna.

Err, Ikenna, the Audi Quattro 20V (1989) 2,2 I5 produced maximum torque from 1,950 rpm to 5,800, so quite a broad plateau of usable torque. It wasn't a long stroke engine either, the stroke was 86,4 mm with a bore size of 81,0 mm. So it all depends on design.

The Peugeot 505 V6 is not a performance car. It takes more than a V6 engine and good road holding to make a car a performance car. Your car at best falls into the large family sedan class. it has a modest (170 bhp) output for its size and weight. And no, I'm not saying so because the Peugeot 505 V6 is an old design. There are older 4-door sedans that are regarded as performance cars. BMW E23 M535i (1984), Ford Sierra RS Cosworth (1985), Nissan Skyline R32 sedan (1989).

I think you're simply biased towards your car (not a bad thing) - hence you opinion that "most modern performance cars need to be pushed hard before they will perform." You've made this thread about the virtues of the Pug 505 V6. Any car with an I4 is no good for hi-speed use. All this thread was about was What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? That's all. It wasn't about extolling the virtues of any given model. Bro, where did you get that opinion from regarding modern performance cars, and how many "modern" performance cars have you driven? There are many other short-stroke engines out there, even in I4 guise. A short-stroke does not always equate to high torque at low rpm in modern designs. A long stroke in older cars simply meant the engine's maximum safe rpm was reduced. These days, with lighter material and variable intake flaps, it doesn't really matter.

If you Google BMW M3, M5, M6, Audi S4, S6, S8, Ford Sierra RS Cosworth, Ford Fiesta RS Turbo etc you'll see they're all referred to as performance or High-Performance cars. Interestingly, the Ford Fiesta RS Turbo (1989) was an I4 1,6 turbo, 130 bhp with FWD! This pretty much negates your statement with regards to FWD cars not fitting the "performance" tag. A performance car is a car that is built for a purpose, not just get from A to B. The Pug 505 V6 was built to appeal to the family man who wants more poke in a family sedan than the 2,0 turbo could give. It was not aimed at the Sport / Performance sector.

I used to be a contributor, write a technical column for Volkswagen Audi Car magazine, between 1988 - 1996. Google this magazine when you get a spare moment. It was a monthly publication, still exists as two separate magazines - Audi Drive and Volkswagen Driver. I would be handed a brand new car, and told to abuse it for 3 weeks, give an opinion, do a write-up, see what broke, stood up to abuse, and generally what could be improved, before the car was taken back. Opinion had to be biased, not based on my preference to my own car. My own model had its own failings too, and I had to address them when writing my column. I'm no stranger when it comes to building engines that can be classed as high-performance, I'll scan some magazine features on some cars I've built.

@ Ambyzown: The Audi R8 and Nissan GTR can be referred to as Supercars!  grin
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by StreitGrp: 9:45am On Nov 10, 2011
299km/h on my 1000rr
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 10, 2011
@siena. . is it possible to calculate the maximum possible speed of a car wn u know d engine specs. I use a camry 2.2L with a 5s-FE engine. Wt u tnk?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FRSC Writes Toyota Over High Rate Of Crashes / Branded Cars. What Are the Required Documents? / Front Wheel Drive Vs Rear Wheel Drive; Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.