Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? (14892 Views)

What Is The Maximum Speed You've Attained While Driving? / The Fastest Car Of Every Decade (1880-present) / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Ikenna351(m): 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2011
oblo:

My Humble max in my 1997 nissan almera hatchback was a modest 180km on lagos- ibadan expressway. My next car will definately be a v6 . I don tire to dey drive i4 engine joo, sad

I feel you bro! E don teh wey i run comot from the I4 engine world. You would realise how much you have missed so much as soon as you enter the V6 world.

Ikenna.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 21, 2011
Some people will kill themselves to prove a point here. If you had flown out of the road while snapping that blurry picture, nobody here will be aware of your gallant death for NL and even if we were, it will be said you were making call. We will never know.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by oblo(m): 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2011
Ikenna351:

I feel you bro! E don teh wey i run comot from the I4 engine world. You would realise how much you have missed so much as soon as you enter the V6 world.

Ikenna.

Sure tin bro, I have felt a v6 before but not enough to really appreciate it. I don dey eye 2004 acura tl, that car try no be small, e smooth die!!!
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Ikenna351(m): 6:29pm On Nov 21, 2011
oblo:

Sure tin bro, I have felt a v6 before but not enough to really appreciate it. I don dey eye 2004 acura tl, that car try no be small, e smooth die!!!

Now that i have two V6s, na so te joly-joly i dey do each time i dey drive wink

The first time i drove my first V6, I came out of the car giggling like a girl grin

One thing about V6, the non-V6 people fail to understand is that its not just about the power, torque or fast acceleration alone, but the engine sound note. The way V6 engine dey sound as the acceleration dey increase dey make me happy pass Obama grin Honestly, its a wonderful world wink

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by leadro(m): 12:53am On Nov 22, 2011
ikenna wait till you try v8. drove my friends 08 tundra, with 5.7 liter iforce engine. the car dey move like no mans business.but when i saw the fuel bill, i give am im key je je go sit down for passenger seat.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by KA24DETT(m): 5:39am On Nov 29, 2011
leadro:

ikenna wait till you try v8. drove my friends 08 tundra, with 5.7 liter iforce engine. the car dey move like no mans business.but when i saw the fuel bill, i give am im key je je go sit down for passenger seat.

LOLLLLLL, o boy, na work truck be that nah,, those cars go tow trailer and all those face me i face you house from lagos to PH, My old construction job, we have a fleet of Ford f-150 (best work truck ever), Dodge ram and tundra, Our fuel bill every week is ridiculous,
Ikenna351:

Now that i have two V6s, na so te joly-joly i dey do each time i dey drive wink

The first time i drove my first V6, I came out of the car giggling like a girl grin

One thing about V6, the non-V6 people fail to understand is that its not just about the power, torque or fast acceleration alone, but the engine sound note. The way V6 engine dey sound as the acceleration dey increase dey make me happy pass Obama grin Honestly, its a wonderful world wink

Ikenna

If u like engine note, u can take off your air box and install a Cold air intake or ram air intake, might lose low end and gain at highend, but the exhuat note is to die for smiley. I lost low end torque but gained at the high end. SIENNA can show you how to build one ,, or u can buy one already,
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 06, 2011
160kmph with a 1995 Toyota Camry between Okigwe and Enugu racing with an empty Toyota 2008 Hummer Bus. I took the prize.

I do up to 140kmph on winding roads but I must know the roads very well.

In all speed is bad but sweet. Nigerian roads arent it at all.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
hit 180km/h last week. 2000 Camry I4 (pencil-light)

just came in from a trip, same car but I only hit 150 km/h undecided what could be wrong?

P.S; Check engine light was on and I scanned the car before the trip. It reported a Camshaft sensor error and Oxygen sensor 2 error.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by elektra80: 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2013
KA24DETT:

LOLLLLLL, o boy, na work truck be that nah,, those cars go tow trailer and all those face me i face you house from lagos to PH, My old construction job, we have a fleet of Ford f-150 (best work truck ever), Dodge ram and tundra, Our fuel bill every week is ridiculous,

been wanting to install a cold air intake. Do u know where I can get one done in Lagos?

If u like engine note, u can take off your air box and install a Cold air intake or ram air intake, might lose low end and gain at highend, but the exhuat note is to die for smiley. I lost low end torque but gained at the high end. SIENNA can show you how to build one ,, or u can buy one already,
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 25, 2013
Audi Cabriolet 2.8 V6 (174 hp) 137 mph (220 km/h).
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by yungboss(m): 6:58am On Aug 26, 2013
200km/h, 1993 bmw 320i 6cyl. Out-ran a 2009 toyota Camry in a race...
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by andre82(m): 4:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
Had cause 2go to Lagos from Abk last week wednesday through Lagos Ibadan Express Way. Road was way free. Did 140 to 160kmh to Lagos but on my return, did avg 180 to 200kmh. Car was Toyota COrrola 2011 1.6l manual; tight AC and gbedu blasting. Car was as light as paper. Have also done 130kmh on a golf GTI manual (abk to ibadan). Done 140kmh to 160kmh in my grand cherokee 5.9l V8 from abk to ibadan car is a monster. @ the touch of the gas pedal, it jumps and the engine roars. Infact the sound @ the exhaust is what inspires my driving it regardless of the fuel consumption. When travelling with this car, what i loose slowing down @ bends and portions of bad roads, i gain it back on the stretches of good roads...
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by elektra80: 6:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
yungboss: 200km/h, 1993 bmw 320i 6cyl. Out-ran a 2009 toyota Camry in a race...

Were u racing with the driver of the 2009 toyota camry, or u saw him ahead of u and u decided to pedal hard so u can overtake him and then for ur mind u outran him?
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by komekn(m): 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
Not sure if I want to encourage people to arrive in heaven prematurely.

Just for the fun of it 140 mph in a FX45, 22
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by yungboss(m): 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
elektra80:

Were u racing with the driver of the 2009 toyota camry, or u saw him ahead of u and u decided to pedal hard so u can overtake him and then for ur mind u outran him?
it's of no use asking me in this manner 'cos i'm not a kid...i know what i'm saying. 'cos its an old bimmer right?
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 6:04am On Aug 27, 2013
yungboss:
it's of no use asking me in this manner 'cos i'm not a kid...i know what i'm saying. 'cos its an old bimmer right?

@ bolded,

I guess that's why he asked
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by samuelk(m): 7:11am On Aug 27, 2013
180kmph with a BMW 330i e46, Third Mainland bridge
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
n.oxide:
hit 180km/h last week. 2000 Camry I4 (pencil-light)

just came in from a trip, same car but I only hit 150 km/h undecided what could be wrong?

P.S; Check engine light was on and I scanned the car before the trip. It reported a Camshaft sensor error and Oxygen sensor 2 error.
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Emekayoung(m): 9:16am On Jan 11, 2017
leadro:
before i say anything, yes i know. speed kills so let me be.

used to do a lot of travelling with my dad. didnt want him driving long distances so i drove for him. always at moderated speeds of course.
you shouters of speed kills are actually the ones who sometimes create obstacles along the way. if you know you cant move, then by all means get out of the way of faster vehicles.
wouldnt say this is my list of fastest speeds ever (cos i still wanna go faster), just my list of fastest speeds with different cars.

1. 05 toyota corolla 190 kph benin-warri express
2. 97 honda accord (bulldog v6) 200 kph ife-ibadan express
3. 97 honda accord (bulldog v6) clocked out the speedo (just saw fast and furious4 that night and this audi 80 zoomed past on 3rd mainland while i was trying to restrain myself. needless to say i showed him grin. needless to say i REFUSED to drive to go see fast 5)
4. 09 kia optima 187 kph. lokoja-abuja express
5. 10 toyota corolla 190 kph lokoja abuja express. (lovely engine, crappy brakes)
6. 10 hyundai ix35 180 kph benin warri express (seriously underpowered)
7. 2006 acura tl coming soon ( neeed to buy one first wink )
Which 2005 Corolla have u seen wit 190km/h? Maximum is 180km/h. Pls cook ur lies well next time..
Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Emekayoung(m): 11:43am On Jan 11, 2017
gigabytes:
Well, in 1999, with my baby boy then, i ran between ajah to eleko 230km/h while doing that, in between lakowe and alafia, a Mercedez 300 E pass me as if am on 20kmph. I swear. I still remember that day till tmrw. Cant just imagine it.
It's not possible to do such on dat road,pls stop misleading people. It's the area i live. Even if it's at nite wen there are no cars on d road. It can never happen...

1 Like

Re: What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 10:48pm On Jun 25, 2022
phuckNL:
To all the guys driving above 120km/hr on naija roads. PLS PLS and PLS. Whenever you decide to do it again, make sure you are the only one in the car. Don't put your family or friends in danger. You have to been insane to drive at such speeds on naija roads. You can't put your life on a machine that can give way at any second. What if you loose a tyre (numerous expired and bad tires abound), what if you hit a pot hole, what if robbers throw a rim at you. STOP iT OOOO. It is not funny.
don't believe them, most are just lying. Gain sayings just to boost ego

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FRSC Writes Toyota Over High Rate Of Crashes / Branded Cars. What Are the Required Documents? / Front Wheel Drive Vs Rear Wheel Drive; Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.