Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano (26539 Views)

Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN / Why Many Poultry Farmers Loose Their Birds And Are Broke!!! / Our Cages For Your Poultry Farms@65,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by wanze(m): 7:33pm On Feb 04
My belle oh bros you funny
VeryWickedMan:
A good wife should start laying eggs in the house to save cost. Otherwise, replace her with a chicken.
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Ndoki85(m): 7:33pm On Feb 04
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/egg-price-rises-as-many-poultry-farms-shut-down-in-kano/
3100 and you are complaining, here in Bayelsa it's 3500 per create

2 Likes

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by malvisguy212: 7:36pm On Feb 04
G00dharddick:
As at today, a crate of egg is now 3,500 this is something that was 1,500 before!

The westerners are not yet serious, when they're serious they'll hit the streets with massive protests!

Kindly note that the protest must start from the West, to avoid them calling any region hater of Nigeria and Yorubas!
1,500 ? a crate of eggs is 650. during goodluck Jonathan
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by 2tpick: 7:38pm On Feb 04
Princedapace:

South west does not split votes. South west has lots of non indegenes. Those so called split votes are mainly from non indegenes. When una go understand this reality?
lol
If Igbos should go by ur logics, since u said Igbo voted for non Igbos becus there was no Igbo near the candidates, Igbos could have as well not voted at all. There is no law that mandate anyone to vote. Oga, Igbos no send tribe. They just vote based on wetin u sell give them.
Oya, una don win abi, oya fix Nigeria. If una fix Nigeria, we will all be happy. We are tired of hearing sound of generator set. I am so tired of how shameless we are in Nigeria.
U have no right to attack Igbos here becus u are in power, fix the issues. Someone losing no supposed get mouth. Na for Nigeria person wey lose dey make noise.
Ur candidate is not performing well, the previous candidate u brought, wrecked Nigeria, u should be covering ur face in shame, yet u dey drag tribalism. They swear for people like u?
Both of us contested, u won, I lost. Then u got into power, u cant fix problems, issues keep getting worse, u dont want me to use that against u and promote how incompetent u are.
I have said it, they should come and take democracy from Nigerians. They actually know nothing about it.
In Europe, opposition parties use the failure of the ruling party to make points and the only way to counter them is to prove them wrong and fix the issues. But here, una begin drag tribe. Oga, them dey kidnap school kids. That is my fear. I am scared that our kids may go to school and get kidnapped. That is the issue, focus on that and leave tribe alone abeg. Ur candiate is failing!

Watch, the next response of the guy you just quoted will be 'your candidate would have failed too'.

1 Like

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by hopepitex: 7:40pm On Feb 04
no be lie
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by izubext007: 7:40pm On Feb 04
½ crate of egg 🥚🥚🥚 is now N1700 in my area now.

1 Like

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by geoworldedu: 7:40pm On Feb 04
mrvitalis:

Igbos have vote Hausa and Yoruba many times

Abiola got 45% in Igbo land even when his opponent had Igbo vice

Has any Igbo man gotten 45% from South West?

But Peter Obi got more than 50% in Lagos State alone na.

1 Like

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by tctrills: 7:43pm On Feb 04
RepoMan007:

It is both ways. How many Igbo men will vote a competent Hausa or Yoruba man if one contests?
Stop being bitter because you lost in the bitter game of politics and bigotry.
Oga, it's not both ways. Igbos voted for Obasanjo, Yaradua, Good luck, and Atiku, all nonIgbos.
But that's not even the issue here, I thought you guys say that the falling Naira would increase local production. How come it's the opposite here.

1 Like

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Tonygeesm(m): 7:44pm On Feb 04
RepoMan007:

It is both ways. How many Igbo men will vote a competent Hausa or Yoruba man if one contests?
an igbo man will pick a competent Hausa or yoruba man over his tribal man both day and night. We don't have religion extremist or tribal mark on our faces

2 Likes

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by hopepitex: 7:45pm On Feb 04
E GO BUGA PASS DIS
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Ndoki85(m): 7:45pm On Feb 04
ivolt:

Eggs can't be properly "hoarded".
It has a shelf-life and would be spoilt if kept for too long.

The primary reason for scarcity is that poultry farmers are shutting down en masse due to the high cost
of simple
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Frankaka8(m): 7:46pm On Feb 04
mrvitalis:
You go to hospital you don't care where the doctor comes from, you don't care about his religion... All you seek is good service

You put your money in banks you don't care where the owner is from, what his religion is

But time to elect President you say you can't vote a Christian, or an Igbo man continue

When you guys are ready enter the streets and protest and I pray what happened to endsars protesters happens to you all
this is deep and a HARD TRUTH
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by love201(m): 7:50pm On Feb 04
VeryWickedMan:
A good wife should start laying eggs in the house to save cost. Otherwise, replace her with a chicken.

Chai, u this wicked man ehn
😂😂😂
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by mrvitalis(m): 7:51pm On Feb 04
geoworldedu:

But Peter Obi got more than 50% in Lagos State alone na.
Abiola won Anambra got nothing less than 40℅ from the other Igbo state's

Your point?
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by blowjohn(m): 7:51pm On Feb 04
RepoMan007:
I was shocked when they said 120 for one average looking egg.
What is left now is for people to buy chicken feed and be eating directly.

120? Where u dey wey e cheap like that?

Over here na 150 and 170
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by kaludestiny10(m): 7:52pm On Feb 04
When Obasanjo contested for presidency, Igbos voted for him, likewise Yaradua. If Osibanjo had won the Apc presidential ticket, Igbos would have for him because we have trust in him. But how many of your tribes men and women have ever voted for the Igbos? Just a few.
RepoMan007:

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Chasito(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04
Ordinary common egg Don turn big man food now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Princedapace(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04
LagosFc:
grin story for the gods, we all know everyone is rich on the internet grin whatever you do is your business and I didn’t tell you i was also suffering but you ibos make it seem like, you have the magic wand, just because we didn’t vote your bitter obi grin how far is Anambala fairing since bitter obi left office…you dolt are known for celebrating mediocrity…Tinubu has not even used a year in office and you ibos have already started your belle aching grin we all know your wish is for this government to fail, but y’all will be disappointed grin
Hi bro, calm down. I cant do this with u. I pray Nigeria gets better, okay! Pray for the Ekiti school bus driver who was killed. He is not Igbo.
Pray for him okay. I know lot of Yorubas in UK doing care giver jobs they dont really like. I just finished speaking with a yoruba paddy of mine in the UK on how to transist into tech. Baba, Nigeria affects Nigerians. Pls, I cant do this pettty argument with u. I am very sure u either work for govt or u are a very heartless human being because what is going on to Nigerians is unbearable.
U keep voting for tribe, if only that candidate can even fix the region he or she comes from, it would have been better. Honestly, blacks deserve every name called on them by whites becus obviously, from ur level of reasoning, many Nigerians have low IQ. I have never seen people who are beeing oppressed and still sing praises of their oppressor becus of tribe. Omo, this one weak me.
Two kings were kidnapped in South west, many south westerners have been kidnapped along Lagos Ibadan express way. As we speak, many kidnapped victims have been married off to their kidnappers. Dont u have heart? Are this wicked? leave Igbo matter pls.
U are ruling, face the challenges. It is normal for opposition to hold on to ur failure and make points. That is how it is done in America, in Europe. To counter ur opposition, simply deliver, fix Nigeria that u guys have been governing for over 60 years.
U no dey tire? Haba, no one said u are suffering. Pls, I can't do this with u. May the Nigeria work. If Tinubu works, we wont be kidnapped again, I wont be scared if my kid's school would be invaded by kidnappers.

4 Likes

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by franchasofficia: 7:54pm On Feb 04
RepoMan007:

Young man stop listening to them say and try to make personal research to avoid being deceived by your tribesmen who get ecstasy in lying against Igbos to make Igbos look bad in the eyes of other Nigerians.

Igbos gave MKO Abiola 45% of their votes and gave Tofa 48% even though Tofa's running mate was an Igbo man from Imo state. You can check the records online to confirm this so nobody will deceive you that Igbos didn't vote MKO Abiola.

Mind you, in 1992/1993, Southeast had just 4 states and out of that 4 states, MKO Abiola won 1 state. The other 3 Igbo states Tofa won, he won it with very small margin against MKO Abiola a Yoruba man.

Now in 1999 again, Igbos voted massively for Obasanjo another Yoruba man. In 2003, Igbos still voted Obasanjo again leaving reputable Igbo politicians like Ojukwu and co.

If Igbos do vote like the North or Yorubas, they won't mind, they will massively vote Ojukwu not minding if he would win or not, but they instead shunned Ojukwu and voted Obasanjo a Yoruba man whom they believed was a better candidate at that time.

In 2006, Igbos abandoned notable Igbo politicians again and voted massively for Musa Yaradua, a Fulani man.

If you go back to 1979, Igbos abandoned Nnamdi Azikiwe a notable Igbo son and voted Shehu Shagari an Hausa man.

Igbos against all odds voted massively for Goodluck Jonathan an Ijaw man and stood solidly by him against all odds, and in 2019 same Igbos voted Atiku Abubakar a Fulani man.

Go back to history of Nigerian politics, other tribes used to mock Igbos saying the reason Igbos have never produced President since the end of civil war is because Igbos are not united and never vote their fellow Igbo person during Presidential election, this has always been the accusation other tribes level against Igbos before 2023 Presidential election that Igbos for the first time in history massively supported and voted an over competent Igbo Presidential candidate and it's mostly because Peter Obi has the competence and capacity nothing else but tribal bigots like you will always come online to change history just to paint Igbos black, God and nature go shame all of una

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by blowjohn(m): 7:56pm On Feb 04
TMHL:

Suffry Suffry oga.

What is suffry?

Egg is 150, 170 or 200 here in abuja.

Spaghetti is 800
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by bluefilm: 7:57pm On Feb 04
The most difficult part for me to understand is what happens to the money they claim to be saving from removing subsidy?
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by eminemkayc: 8:04pm On Feb 04
OChimex:

The word Westerners, refers to people in Europe. When i first read the sentence i thought you were refering to Europeans or Americans. grin.
Naija own na Wasterners. Lol.
Westerners do not refer to the people residing in the whole of Europe per se as Russians and belarussians ,though Europeans, are not Westerners. The word originally referred to those residing in the western hemisphere of the world such as the U.S and Canadian citizens as well as those in Western Europe such as Italians, the French, etc by contrast, Romanians, slovanians, etc are no westerners even though they are Europeans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Izzymore(m): 8:11pm On Feb 04
BOOKING IN PROGRESS for ur day old chicks at lower price at Izzymore agro
Available chicks such as BROILER, NOILER, PULLET, COCKEREL, GUINEA FOWL, FOREIGN TURKEY AND LOCAL with the difference type of hatchery are;
Agrited...
Amo...
Fidan...
Supreme...
Farm support...
Sayed...
Chikun...
Kaymaxi
Cascada..
Izzymore...
CHI...
Dhamas...
Nastech...
Zartech...
Vertex...
Valentine...
PLACE UR ORDER HERE
We delivered various destination in Nigeria.
Bookings/order placements;
Call: 08024110512, 08057736633
Whatsapp: ( For booking 08136290387
We delivered nationwide.

Address:No.39 Along atanda int'l school off obasanjo farm, Oluyole estate, Ibadan.

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by ogbe88(m): 8:15pm On Feb 04
alimiadedayo1:

The case of igbos supporting a particular tribe was partaining or peculiar to party not the person the party fielded as a candidate.. PDP has always be igbo party from the 2nd republic and majority of their political elites are loyal to the party and they enjoy the power and wealth formula bestowed to them by PDP as a party.. The story changed because APC used divide and rule tactics in form of religion and tribalism which really showed the true color of Igbos.. From the beginning I have always advocated for igbos presidency until last election I discovered the more I look the less I see which means igbos are also as tribalistic as hausa in fact I came to the understanding that the northerners are not that tribalistic, it was the religious bigot among that falls for that political gimmicks and which comes to play in north central where the majority of Christians in the North's voted for Obi and vice versa(majority of religion voted for muslims muslims ticket).. Though, this problem started because Buhari and APC cannot manage our diversity but the revealing part of it is that it unleashed the tribal part of igbos which was conceal under their loyalty to PDP party.. And the truth of the matter is that if PDP presented an igbo candidate like obi they will vote for PDP and if there is no alternative for igbos they would rather vote for PDP than voting APC.. They supported Atiku in 2019 because of obi not because they liked Atiku or PDP
Another lunatic, i hope u r enjoying Nigeria now

1 Like

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Kionrae: 8:15pm On Feb 04
RepoMan007:
rigged votes count as real votes once mandate is secured so I am not surprised at your claims. Same way Yoruba's voted sanwo-olu and Tinubu against their wish.
nonce... come up with something else to say, retardded bigot

1 Like

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Nice2023(m): 8:16pm On Feb 04
muyico:
still cheap
egg at Ibadan now is 150/200 for one piece

Let it get to 500 per egg in ibadan.

Una follow put the country in this mess.
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by LagosFc: 8:17pm On Feb 04
Princedapace:

Hi bro, calm down. I cant do this with u. I pray Nigeria gets better, okay! Pray for the Ekiti school bus driver who was killed. He is not Igbo.
Pray for him okay. I know lot of Yorubas in UK doing care giver jobs they dont really like. I just finished speaking with a yoruba paddy of mine in the UK on how to transist into tech. Baba, Nigeria affects Nigerians. Pls, I cant do this pettty argument with u. I am very sure u either work for govt or u are a very heartless human being because what is going on to Nigerians is unbearable.
U keep voting for tribe, if only that candidate can even fix the region he or she comes from, it would have been better. Honestly, blacks deserve every name called on them by whites becus obviously, from ur level of reasoning, many Nigerians have low IQ. I have never seen people who are beeing oppressed and still sing praises of their oppressor becus of tribe. Omo, this one weak me.
Two kings were kidnapped in South west, many south westerners have been kidnapped along Lagos Ibadan express way. As we speak, many kidnapped victims have been married off to their kidnappers. Dont u have heart? Are this wicked? leave Igbo matter pls.
U are ruling, face the challenges. It is normal for opposition to hold on to ur failure and make points. That is how it is done in America, in Europe. To counter ur opposition, simply deliver, fix Nigeria that u guys have been governing for over 60 years.
U no dey tire? Haba, no one said u are suffering. Pls, I can't do this with u. May the Nigeria work. If Tinubu works, we wont be kidnapped again, I wont be scared if my kid's school would be invaded by kidnappers.
hahaha very funny, so let me ask a simple question, if obi had won the election, do you think he would have solved the challenges Nigeria is facing in 7month? Let’s be realistic and tell the truth for once. What was obi’s score card in anambala? We all know an average ibo have not gotten over the election loss grin and therefore wish Nigeria doesn’t work if it not not my tribes man ruling then the country can burn. The 5 ibo state, how far have they gone in development that we can make references to as dividend of good governance? Mind you I served in owerri and been to Abia and Anambala, trust me there is nothing happening in there. Yet you talk down on others like your place is any different, yet your tribe has the highest number of internal migrants scattered everywhere. This govt is just about 7month and yet you want a miracle to happen? If you indeed are not tribalistic, you want have called out 2 major tribes and left out your own like you never contributed to the problem of the country.
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Urgent1Million: 8:17pm On Feb 04
cyrusmillz:

For real ??
Yes oo
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by alimiadedayo1: 8:19pm On Feb 04
ogbe88:
Another lunatic, i hope u r enjoying Nigeria now
your father is lunatic.. Did you ask me who I voted for before you start disgracing your family members here OSU
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Nice2023(m): 8:22pm On Feb 04
RepoMan007:

See who is talking,igbos voted massively for Yar'adua and they did it without hate.

Same way they voted Obj massively and even voted against Buhari when Okadigbo was his runing mate and they equally voted against Ojukwu under APGA.

Go and check the statistics.

U guys forget easily and still voted massively for Jonathan...go and check these facts I have written.

The only tribe that vote blindly are Hausa and Yorubas. They vote with so much hate in their hearts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by alimiadedayo1: 8:24pm On Feb 04
nedekid:

Why will any sane person vote for APC after the first 4 years and last 4 years apc did ruining the country?
It really does not make sense.
Regarding igbos and PDP, tribal voting, I am sure igbos vote for the rather a progressive party. PDP was in government for 16 years, they voted Obj, yar adua, Jonathan all against other parties that had igbo vice or presidential candidates.
On the claim of hatred for APC, kindly note that there are valid reasons, eg, PDP was in government for 16 years, met the dollar at ₦90, in the 16 years it remained stable rising to 140. It was only during the normal election period in which political activities affect exchange rates the naira fell to 180-₦200.
What did the apc do? Within just 8 years of apc, naira fell to 750 to the dollar. The next one under Tinubu ie total 9 years so far of apc, the dollar is now 1500 and rising!! In just 9 years!! There is mass migration of Nigerians. Poverty inflicted on a mass scale.
it seems you cannot decipher a very simple analysis.. Did I tell you I voted for APC or I am in support of APC.Pls let your common sense always tell you guys that not everyone that did not support obituary voted for Tinubu.i casted my vote for Atiku and I was one of those Nigerians that advised the opposition to merge together because of this case like this we are experiencing.. Because APC did not perform very well does not mean we should vote for Mediocre and any candidate we like based on your sentiments or tribal bigotism.
Obi was never a better candidate and I am not saying this because I hate him or your tribe but based on facts and research, It is very obvious that Obi did not have any good or track records when he was a governor for 8 years unless you want to lie to me that he performed very well
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by BABAawoo47: 8:26pm On Feb 04
muyico:
still cheap
egg at Ibadan now is 150/200 for one piece
you sure? cause ibadan na the hedquarter of poultry production undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why We Are Importing Grass By Minister Of Agriculture / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Governor Shettima Inspects Farm Implements Procured By The State Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.