Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,374 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano (26518 Views)

Over 50% Of Poultry Farms In Nigeria Shut Down In 2023: PAN / Why Many Poultry Farmers Loose Their Birds And Are Broke!!! / Our Cages For Your Poultry Farms@65,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by G00dharddick: 10:05pm On Feb 04
TMHL:

I have for 3,200. How many crates do you want?

If you ain't selling it for 600 the price it was during GEJ era, then go and sell it to Tinubu and his supporters along with the Westerners let them buy it from you
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by pattybf(f): 10:06pm On Feb 04
RightChannel:
E go favour us and our families

I have not been hearing this. Looks like it is not favouring anyone again grin

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by arantess: 10:06pm On Feb 04
alimiadedayo1:

OSU is that you you are wise at all. And I say it with no sense of respect.. I have said it to many of tribal men's face..The problem with you igbos is that, you full of pride and self gratification. whereas you know nothing about politics you better face your commerce
Nlfpmod
OAM4J
Dominique
Fergie001
Seun
Mynd44

Rule 2 broken

This thing is using a tribal slur "OSU" to describe the south easterner. Kindly look into this or it will be weapons free.

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by mrvitalis(m): 10:07pm On Feb 04
alimiadedayo1:
It seems you are misunderstanding yourself.. orji uzor kalu was a PDP members for 8 years under PDP abi you were young then or maybe you were not born and mind you, you cannot expect the same result from different time.. voting in 1999 to 2003 is different from the voting in 2023.. I did not say ojukwu was a PDP member if you really read what I typed or maybe you are reading what is your mind, I said ojukwu supported PDP at national level and ojukwu is not so daft to think he will win the election of becoming the president of Nigeria under a afga party.. and remember when he contested all the governors were PDP members literally the state in under PDP party and igbos general are loyal to the party because PDP is a national party... I have told you that majority of your political elites enjoyed from Pdp, which orji uzor kalu, who was a founding members of PDP, Ken Nnamani and many I cannot mention here.. During Obasanjo, Igbos were in control of Senate and house of assembly which gives igbos sense of belonging.. If you understand politics, you will know what that means.. That is power sharing formula to keep the nation together
Did labour have even a lga chairman in South East in 2023 ?

Your logic doesn't hold water

Ojukwu contested under apgaw
Orji kalu contested under PPA yet igbos didn't vote them

So people who voted in 1999 to 2019 stopped voting

Your logic holds no water at all
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by G00dharddick: 10:08pm On Feb 04
NaMe4:

It has been 3600 in Edo for over a year!

Poultries shutting down? Meanwhile the minister of labour, a few days ago stated the unemployment rate was 4.2%.

Even the US long-term average unemployment rate is 5.7%.

Lie keee you there. 2 months ago I bought a crate of eggs for 2,300 here in Benin city. As at yesterday the price skyrocketed to 3,500 and 3,600 respectively. So WTF are you saying it's been 3600 for over a year now? And WTF are you mentioning US for? Is your country develop like Ghana? Let alone the US?
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by alimiadedayo1: 10:16pm On Feb 04
mrvitalis:

Did labour have even a lga chairman in South East in 2023 ?

Your logic doesn't hold water

Ojukwu contested under apgaw
Orji kalu contested under PPA yet igbos didn't vote them

So people who voted in 1999 to 2019 stopped voting

Your logic holds no water at all
abeg if you cannot understand my simple analysis don't tag me again..I thought yoyou have common sense but I have come into conclusion that all of you are the same
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by mrvitalis(m): 10:21pm On Feb 04
alimiadedayo1:

abeg if you cannot understand my simple analysis don't tag me again..I thought yoyou have common sense but I have come into conclusion that all of you are the same
Lol igbos only vote PDP
Ok why did igbos vote obi ... U said because he is PDP

I said ok why didn't Igbos vote other PDP people that went to other party to contest you are here blabbing

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by TMHL: 10:23pm On Feb 04
blowjohn:

What is suffry?

Egg is 150, 170 or 200 here in abuja.

Spaghetti is 800

I have 3,800 per crate. Save/gain 700 Naira.

How many crates do you want?
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Greenback: 10:26pm On Feb 04
alimiadedayo1:

OSU is that you you are wise at all. And I say it with no sense of respect.. I have said it to many of tribal men's face..The problem with you igbos is that, you full of pride and self gratification. whereas you know nothing about politics you better face your commerce
You see,I said it...not a single intelligence... nothing to say at all...this is all they resort to,shame

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Greenback: 10:28pm On Feb 04
alimiadedayo1:

Intelligence ain't your game at all, pity 😁

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by malvisguy212: 10:37pm On Feb 04
G00dharddick:

I was talking about buhari's era. During GEJ era Nigeria was heaven on earth. People were enjoying
yesterday some of my Muslims friends ( Fulani and hausa) they are praising goodluck Jonathan. lol

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Coolgent(m): 10:45pm On Feb 04
G00dharddick:
As at today, a crate of egg is now 3,500 this is something that was 1,500 before!

The westerners are not yet serious, when they're serious they'll hit the streets with massive protests!

Kindly note that the protest must start from the West, to avoid them calling any region hater of Nigeria and Yorubas!

You are right
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by alimiadedayo1: 10:49pm On Feb 04
Greenback:

Intelligence ain't your game at all, pity 😁
if you cannot understand that simple analysis then they need to check mental state and level of intelligence.. I can't blame you no matter how try to explain sense to OSU..Their thinking faculty remain the same

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by alimiadedayo1: 10:52pm On Feb 04
Greenback:

You see,I said it...not a single intelligence... nothing to say at all...this is all they resort to,shame
you should be ashame of yourself if you cannot understand very simple analysis devoid of sentiments but I cannot balme you, OSU have the same mental faculty
.. you keep asking questions without fully understanding the one I explained so you expect me to waste my simple intelligence on someone that can never understand anything because he is clouded by sentiments and poor mentality.. This is my last message for you OSU if you like send me 1k messages I will not reply you because I cannot waste my precious time try to explain to dead wood
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Akaegwu(m): 11:08pm On Feb 04
Agụụ na-agụ ndị ofe mmanụ bulshit
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Chickensoup: 11:41pm On Feb 04
RepoMan007:

It is both ways. How many Igbo men will vote a competent Hausa or Yoruba man if one contests?
Stop being bitter because you lost in the bitter game of politics and bigotry.
Most Igbo people voted for Atiku during the Buhari and Atiku face-off. The same with Yaradua. We igbos didn't vote Buhari and majority didn't vote Tinubu for genuine reasons not tribal reasons. Tinubu has a fraudulent identity and Buhari treated the igbos poorly in the past.
Right now, nobody is bitter about losing election. We are bitter that the country is nosediving to the abyss after APC took over. PDP stopped at N200 to $1 now it's N1500 to $1.
Where is Wole Soyinka that was protesting against GEJ. So yes it's safe to say tribalism is running it's course.

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by blowjohn(m): 11:42pm On Feb 04
TMHL:

I have 3,800 per crate. Save/gain 700 Naira.

How many crates do you want?

Are u in abuja?
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by pseudaria: 11:45pm On Feb 04
[quote author=RepoMan007 post=128287052]
It is both ways. How many Igbo men will vote a competent Hausa or Yoruba man if one contests?
Stop being bitter because you lost in the bitter game of politics and bigotry. [/quote
We all voted obj in 1999 and 2003 ND yaradua in 2007 so what the Bleep are you talking about.
Look at this fool trying to change history before our eyes. I'm from the nigerdelta and we voted obi enmasse because he was head and shoulder above the rest. Tinubu was by far the worst of them all. Completely incoherent, couldn't do one genuine interview, refused to go for debates delegated questions to his Entourage at Chatham which was very weird supported all the atrocities committed by buhari and even promised to continue. No identity, plus drug dealing past and certificate issue. It is only an extreme bigot that will vote for tinubu either religious or tribal. So shut the Bleep up cos we all warned you all that this man was gonna be worst than buhari.
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by ufotunang: 11:45pm On Feb 04
G00dharddick:
As at today, a crate of egg is now 3,500 this is something that was 1,500 before!

The westerners are not yet serious, when they're serious they'll hit the streets with massive protests!

Kindly note that the protest must start from the West, to avoid them calling any region hater of Nigeria and Yorubas!
...how many eggs are in the crate?
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Konquest: 11:50pm On Feb 04
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/egg-price-rises-as-many-poultry-farms-shut-down-in-kano/
The recent hike in the prices of eggs and other poultry products in Kano State has generated a serious public concern, especially when the Muslim fasting period is fast approaching. Eggs are usually in high demand during the fasting period.

It was gathered that one egg new sells at N130 while a crate is N3,100. It was also revealed that despite the increase, eggs are gradually becoming scarce in the state metropolis, and that has raised a serious concern from the public as other poultry products are getting out of the reach of the common citizen.

According to a resident, Abubakar Abdulsamad, egg scarcity is a perennial issue that usually occurs in periods like this when Ramadan fasting is setting in. He explained that the hike in price and scarcity of poultry products is connected to heavy hoarding by merchants. He added that the little eggs being produced by the few poultry farmers in the state are now hoarded by some merchants bent on making huge profits during the Ramadan.
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Thonee(m): 11:56pm On Feb 04
G00dharddick:

It must start from the West and end in the north, East and South should watch on the sidelines unless the few morons that supported them wants to join.

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Metrofox(m): 1:17am On Feb 05
alimiadedayo1:
if you can't understand my previous analysis I will not stoop so low to explain to a sycophant like you get out of my wall and get lost OSU nothing upstairs than to brag and split tantrums

typical dunce that doesn't even understand the logic he claims is contradictory in itself.. foolish people everywhere, go find a book and expand your mind. Illiterate

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by zamaani(m): 1:29am On Feb 05
Hana😂
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by zamaani(m): 1:31am On Feb 05
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by najamkhattak48: 1:42am On Feb 05
Transform your event with Hog Roast Hire – a perfect blend of savory flavors and culinary spectacle. Elevate your gatherings with our premium hog roasts, tailored to suit events of all sizes. Explore the joy of hog roast hire and make your celebration truly unforgettable.
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by malcom1X: 1:48am On Feb 05
RepoMan007:

How about Obasanjo?
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by IbeOkehie: 3:34am On Feb 05
Simple solution is to remove maize from the import ban list. Why should anyone need a license to import maize? angry

The government instead gave 4 companies exclusive license to import maize, creating an oligopoly. And of course these companies will likely get preferred access to dollars at CBN rate. I leave it to the imagination if they will use all those dollars to import maize or take the automatic 20 or 40% profit from round tipping.

Back in 2020, this happened:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/agriculture/agric-news/412263-as-food-shortage-looms-nigeria-approves-emergency-importation-of-maize.html

If these companies were importing enough, why would Poultry Association of Nigeria be begging for import license for maize in 2023:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/09/28/poultry-farmers-call-for-maize-import-licenses-to-prevent-collapse-of-industry/

Reduced supply = high prices.

Increased supply = lower prices.

Those are the simple economic law of demand and supply.

Allow anyone who wants to import maize to do so. They bring it to Nigeria and ADD VALUE to it by using it in poultry production. Voila, there's the local productivity we all crave. But now government officials have taken bribes and awarded a monopoly to a gang of their friends.

The solution is always and forever will be FREE MARKETS.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Philistine(m): 4:54am On Feb 05
tishbite43:

Your hypocrisy deserves a Nobel Prize
Abiola, OBJ and Yar'Adua are Igbos abi?

Abiola lost in the East to an unknown Bashir Tofa
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by G00dharddick: 8:04am On Feb 05
Thonee:

It must start from the West and end in the north, East and South should watch on the sidelines unless the few morons that supported them wants to join.

East and South won't participate in the protest. Only north and West will do the protest because north and West are one
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by G00dharddick: 8:06am On Feb 05
ufotunang:
...how many eggs are in the crate?

Go to the market and count how many eggs are in a crate
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by tinktanker: 8:43am On Feb 05
What APC cannot destroy doesn't exist.
Re: Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano by Kpartners: 9:12am On Feb 05
RepoMan007:

They voted for Yar'Adua

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why We Are Importing Grass By Minister Of Agriculture / Governor Shettima Inspects Farm Implements Procured By The State Govt. / Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71