Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son (71004 Views)

Bodies Of Herbert Wigwe, Wife & Son Arrive Port Harcourt Airport (Photos) / Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government / Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by jattopeter(m): 7:03pm On Feb 11
My Condolences to the Family and Access bank company as well. I just hope , this is not a plot at all.
I am surprised, all the whole Family.
I just hope there is no more attached to this story.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Wotowotoman: 7:04pm On Feb 11
43Ronin:

Roosevelt is the MD/CEO of Access Bank not AccessCo. Access bank is a subsidiary of AccessCorp. Roosevelt gets his authority from Herbert

In Access Holding, what subsidiary is the most important?
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by jattopeter(m): 7:05pm On Feb 11
God Bless you, flesh and blood hasn't revealed this to you. Check the work force of access Bank, over 5000 if am not making mistake.
We have lost an Iroko , he is more useful than these people that called themselves our leaders.
CSTRR:

That man is.more useful to Nigeria than everybody in the FG combined.
And I mean everybody.

His company employs thousands and thousands of people, and is one of the reasons why Nigeria is not a failed state today.

It took vision and patriotism to build access bank to what it is today, as the largest bank in Nigeria by assets.

That man is a visionary and Nigeria has lost an iroko tree.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Johnn87: 7:06pm On Feb 11
malali:
⁠How CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sold Intercontinental Bank To His Friends!

Street Journal’s investigations have revealed discrepancies in the sale of Intercontinental Bank Plc to Access Bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria. It has been discovered that the Central Bank Governor, Malam Sanusi Lamido waived a

loan of N8.9Billion for Senator Bukola Saraki and another N16.2 billion loan for Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, the MD of Access Bank, to help them buy Intercontinental Bank over. Before now, there had been allegations that the former Kwara State Governor was at the background of a grand scheme to take over Intercontinental Bank.

After Erastus Akingbola was sacked as the bank’s MD, Mahmoud Lai Alabi was named as his replacement. Alabi was until his appointment on Saraki’s payroll, being the Chairman of Shonga Farms, a Saraki initiative that brought displaced Zimbabwean farmers to Kwara State. It was reported then that one of the first steps Alabi took as MD was to write off Dr. Saraki’s N8.1 billion loan. Alabi also went ahead to sack Executive Directors of the bank who were replaced one after the other with staff of Saraki’s Societe Generale Bank. It might not be wrong therefore to conclude that Saraki has been running Intercontinental Bank by proxy since the new management took over.

Questions are already being asked within the banking sector regarding how Aig Imoukhuede who is one of the biggest debtors on Intercontinental Bank’s list suddenly mustered enough resources to buy the bank.

It was announced recently that Access Bank would acquire 75% stake in Intercontinental Bank for N 50 billion and combine both firms’ operations within one year of the merger. Shareholders of the latter had reportedly given their support to the merger, though it remains unknown whether the shareholders are aware of the situation or they just decided to ignore.

The move which is plagued with irregularities has exposed the Central Bank Governor’s inadequacies. .
cool

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by 43Ronin: 7:11pm On Feb 11
Wotowotoman:

In Access Holding, what subsidiary is the most important?
Oga Roosevelt is the MD of Access Bank Nigeria. Coronation securities, and other access bank and insurance branches worldwide fall under Access Holding. Basically the person to replace Herbert will not be Roosevelt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by pansophist(m): 7:13pm On Feb 11
AllBlack:
After all the struggle on earth.
go to the best schools,
graduate.
don't drink, don't smoke, avoid cancer, don't party, don't fornicate, don't go to club,
marry, get kids, be a good husband,
double your hustle, earn in dollar, wear gucci,
drive benz. bla bla bla

it ends 6 feet.

Life.

Hence I sometimes don't blame those that are hedonistic. I mean, what's the guarantee they you won't die before their time if they live righteous instead?

If you remove religjon, which serves as a motivation for many to not live recklessly, humans just want to live as their flesh so desires.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by jimcaddy(m): 7:31pm On Feb 11
In this life ehn, just be good. That's all. People will always remember you for the good you did while out were alive. Such a very tragic loss. Which day was I still seeing that he even started a Private University. Imagine. Very very tragic loss. May his soul nd those of his family rest in peace.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by codemaniacs: 7:39pm On Feb 11
pansophist:

Life.

Hence I sometimes don't blame those that are hedonistic. I mean, what's the guarantee they you won't die before their time if they live righteous instead?

If you remove religjon, which serves as a motivation for many to not live recklessly, humans just want to live as their flesh so desires.

"their flesh" is not the right word to use..

Humans like animals have default settings but humans have the ability to have or learn the intelligence that makes them rise above their default settings.

You calling it "their flesh" means you have not risen above your default settings or the settings the media, your parents, your friends, your environment installed in you.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by themanderon: 7:49pm On Feb 11
Jonathan:

I thought you had a reasonable thing to say until I saw:
It is written...
Bible... And Christ.
Why would I believe in your Jesus over Allah, Buddha and Shiva? Because it was written?

What is your hope after this life?
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by codemaniacs: 8:01pm On Feb 11
mastermaestro:
Some of these highly placed men shake hands with spirits, make covenants with powers, offer great sacrifices, make shocking vows at high altars in order to rise to where they get.

Payday usually comes on them unawares. When it does come, it sweeps mercilessly leaving pools of agony behind for their loved ones to drink from.

I am not talking to kids, please. sad

You're saying nonsense...

You're very f:oolish and dull for downgrading the intelligence of black people to start successful businesses and be successful through their own hard work and intelligence.

If spirits existed most of them will be of African descent because black people are the first humans in the world which means the spirits will never hurt black people and will even warn and protect black people.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by codemaniacs: 8:03pm On Feb 11
DrAkpa:

There is some truth in what you have written, but it may not be applicable to the circumstances surrounding wigwe's demise. It was his time and destiny to end up like that. In this life, you may acquire wealth and fame, but be predestined to die young, while another person will keep struggling and struggling, and end up in middle class, but will live till ripe old age. This life is deep and has no manual. Cheers

You're very f:oolish and dull for downgrading the intelligence of black people to start successful businesses and be successful through their own hard work and intelligence.

If spirits existed most of them will be of African descent because black people are the first humans in the world which means the spirits will never hurt black people and will even warn and protect black people.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by MartinsD12(m): 8:04pm On Feb 11
koning:

For bragging rights. Sad thing is that he does not need to do that.

I so much admire the lifestyle of 2 world billionaires. One is the late founder of Ikea. Was once in the top 5 of world's richest, but drove his 80's Volvo till he died at a very old age.

The second is Sergei Brin of Google. He bought an entire island in the Carribean, put all the luxuries money can buy in the island and stayed put there 24/7 all year round. He don't want no shiit from nobody and has nothing to prove to anybody. Everything he wants is brought to the island. Absolute living in peace. No stress.

And in Nigeria Adenuga of GLO comes close. Has nothing to prove to no bagger either. You can't even see him. Enjoying his wealth in peace.
To be rich is good. Very rich, better. But it's of no use if you cannot enjoy your wealth well into your 90's
Honestly point dey here oooo , being too over ambitious can kill sometimes it's good to be contented once you are rich enough to take care of yourself and family members
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by MartinsD12(m): 8:07pm On Feb 11
Basicend:
This guy (Wigwe) and Tayo Adeniroku with Fola Adeola started GTBank.

They blew very quickly into prominence and wealth. Tayo died young suddenly just like this Wigwe.

In my family, there were professors that achieved quick prominence and were cut-off in their 50s, same happened to my father.

It was Jesus that opened my eyes to these things and began to teach me how to walk with him and avoid lineage judgemental patterns. It is a rope. He would pass you Tru some sufferings, but that yoke will break upon your head.

It is not the will of God for Wigwe and his entire family to just go this way at their age. That is a judgement, and in most cases, it is a matter of ages before them (that they did not see or treat).

It is better we gather little by little, by God's hand, and avoid those slippery grounds that can bring a man into instant judgement.

Such a very wealthy man. I pray God give his family the strenght to bear this. May their gentle souls rest in peace.

Sad one nothing pains more like dying in ones prime especially when it involves other family members, should we call this karma no only God knows why
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by codemaniacs: 8:08pm On Feb 11
DeepSight:

His life, his choice, and a valid one too. Material things are material things. Not everyone is interested in money, fame, assets, etc. Life is deeper than that.

Every one is interested in money and assets...

It's because of "material things, money and assets" that e:uropeans left their continent to attack, steal "material things" of other people and kill other people on other continents and use the resources of other continents to grow their own continent.

Life is not deeper than that..
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Myer(m): 8:09pm On Feb 11
inoki247:

Lol at the same time what you call less are other people's achievement....

I don't know your definition of less buh everything you do on earth that deals with survival and deal with your hunger is a win you don't put people in unessacary pressure all in the name of don't settle for less...

I'm sure if Elon musk sees Dangote money to him it will be less buh that's a lie is still an achievement to Dangote...

Dere are people that will see what you called achievement as you settling for less with what they've achieved...

So in one word so far dere is someone out dere richer than you den you're also a candidate of settling for less....
Well said.
However, I was not only referring to the financial aspect of life.
Do you believe every human is created for a purpose?
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by MartinsD12(m): 8:11pm On Feb 11
AskNgige2:

Aswear
Since I realized this... I hardly save again. I enjoy my life
Chia this world sometimes when I become very sick I ask myself same question what happens to my savings it's really vanity right now I will do things that I enjoy make myself Happy
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by codemaniacs: 8:11pm On Feb 11
inoki247:
Rip..

The life is stress na why I no dey worry pass mak I chop and sleep...

Na when I grow up I realize we only came to die since den I no dey pursue any yeye dream cos the stress no worth am if it comes fine if he no come fine...

Tonididdyx:

I figured this out few weeks ago (last week precisely) when I saw the body of my millionaire uncle in a body bag being carried into the morgue after his passing.
Going to the morgue and seeing bodies on the floor lifeless.... Indeed I got this feeling.
This is life.... Live to die, "so what's all the struggle for"?

Humans live for their next unborn generation...

Humans don't live to die..

That's why the Goddesses and Gods put sperm in men and ovaries in women..
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by DeepSight(m): 8:31pm On Feb 11
codemaniacs:

Every one is interested in money and assets...

It's because of "material things, money and assets" that e:uropeans left their continent to attack, steal "material things" of other people and kill other people on other continents and use the resources of other continents to grow their own continent.

Life is not deeper than that..

Your life, your choice. See?

In my opinion pretty shallow and narrow minded though.

The last line is so shallow it is painful to read.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by bukatyne(f): 8:38pm On Feb 11
DangoteIvy:

Which two children?
Herbert, his wife, Chizoba Doreen and his son,Chizi died . He lost one child Chizi alongside his wife Doreen in the ill fated crash. His other children are safe . They were not in the chopper. Tochi, Hannah and David,his other 3kids were not in the chopper

Wigwe’s Special Assistant, Faleye Olusola, whose name was in the manifest of the chopper, escaped death miraculously as he did not board the ill-fated flight but opted to travel by road.

@ blue:

Why?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by codemaniacs: 8:38pm On Feb 11
DeepSight:

Your life, your choice. See?

In my opinion pretty shallow and narrow minded though.

The last line is so shallow it is painful to read.

That's the problem...

It's your life but it's not your choice.

You will never be intelligent by naming yourself deepsight online ...

You can only pretend to be intelligent...

You have the right to continue to deceive yourself.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by mastermaestro(m): 8:38pm On Feb 11
codemaniacs:

I wasn't talking to kids. Didn't you read that part? Go to bed, little child. sad
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by codemaniacs: 8:42pm On Feb 11
mastermaestro:

I wasn't talking to kids. Didn't you read that part? Go to bed, little child. sad

I don't have a bed... I sleep on the sun.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by AskNgige2: 8:43pm On Feb 11
MartinsD12:

Chia this world sometimes when I become very sick I ask myself same question what happens to my savings it's really vanity right now I will do things that I enjoy make myself Happy

Aswear, when you fall sick eh, you will just tell yourself mk u manage get well 1st, u will not worry about being broke..

B4 a hungry man like me can not be compared to this man now, but right now am super better than him...

Na who de alive don't know what God is doing to him or her
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Johnn87: 9:06pm On Feb 11
bukatyne:

@ blue:

Why?
It's in the headlines. Dude said he was not comfortable boarding a helicopter 🚁 at night, & given the weather ☁️ conditions on the said night , he did not feel confident to use air travel 🧳 and opted instead for road 🛣️ to same destination to join them. cool
https://platinumtimes.ng/how-wigwes-aide-olusola-faleye-escaped-chopper-crash-that-killed-his-boss/

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by MartinsD12(m): 10:15pm On Feb 11
AskNgige2:

Aswear, when you fall sick eh, you will just tell yourself mk u manage get well 1st, u will not worry about being broke..

B4 a hungry man like me can not be compared to this man now, but right now am super better than him...

Na who de alive don't know what God is doing to him or her
That's the Koko , na who dey alive be winner last last , right now with all his money people way no suffer am go dey drag and chop am now him position as CEO of access by Monday another person don collect am , this life no balance at all , make everyone try live the life now tomorrow is not sure.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Amudeneogu: 10:33pm On Feb 11
This is a very painful loss, for a father, mother, and child. may their souls rest in peace Amen. THIS WORLD IS NOT OUR OWN.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by BALLOSKI: 6:21am On Feb 12
tnerro1:
That means the daughter is still alive, thank goodness, one useless uncle for don dey claim senior uncle for their properties
He has just 2 children?
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by tnerro1(m): 6:46am On Feb 12
BALLOSKI:
He has just 2 children?

Just discovered he had 4, but some reports keep saying 2 kids were on the helicopter. So we can’t be sure, but at least 2 are still alive
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Electrokco: 9:52am On Feb 12
nairalandkachy1:

may the soul of the departed rest in peace
Amen
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by kkins25(m): 1:26pm On Feb 13
pansophist:

Life.

I've been thinking of it lately, and although this would involve clearly defining what "religion" is, I think religion, as a way of life was inevitable. The fact that it appeared in different forms, communities, nations, and continents, and continues to evolve may indicate that there is some evolutionary benefit to having religion around.

The author of "A Brief History of Humankind" argues that even our empirical science of today is a sort of religion. From his viewpoint, even scientists perform "religious" activities to some extent. For instance(my example), even though our science fails to woefully uncover the mysteries of the universe (or multiverse), we have a certain level of trust and believe in the little we know.

One might argue that, science upgrades, but the same is true for religion. But, you cannot overlook the evolution of both as they are equally upgrading at the same pace with humanity's consciousness.

Aside from the Abrahamic religions, whose true nature had been destroyed by the Romans, and Europeans, religion, in general, was "science" and served as a lens that aimed to make sense of the senseless world as perceived by the newly evolved sense of consciousness.

I'm starting to respect religion alot more because, it seemed to have gotten a good grasp of how the human consciousness works, to the extent they were trying to create a map---- one tied to the constellation. For example, many religions use stars to determine the nature of the soul, mental abnormalities were recognized, but ascribed to demonic influence, and so on. It may have been flawed, but we can cut them a break because even geniuses, like Isaac Newton, produced flawed equations.

Without a doubt, religions like Christianity, stoicism, Buddhism, and others with a more philosophical approach, have shaped how we perceive morality. Compassion, self-reflection, a sense of community, and control of the instinctive nature, were all influenced and improved upon by "religion".

Food for thought though, is it truly religion that hinders people from going berserk, or it's something ingrained in the subconscious? We are a social species after all, and other social species, like bees without religion, do not often attack one of their own. Then do bees have a sub-conscious self, probably not. So, not the subconscious? Maybe ingrained in something even older, the DNA.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by AllBlack: 3:04pm On Feb 13
Jokerman:

However there's life after death.

Only Jesus can save

your words are empty without proof. show just one verifiable proof.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Bizintegrated: 1:22pm On Feb 19
planetx:
When did people started flying from Nigeria to go watch super bowl all way in the US.
But how is this your business na .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Start Bakery Business With #50,000 / Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) / Gigantic Equipment Being Brought In For Dangote's Refinery In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.