Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son (70998 Views)

Bodies Of Herbert Wigwe, Wife & Son Arrive Port Harcourt Airport (Photos) / Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government / Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Lifemanage: 11:41am On Feb 11
Frezhkid10:
Why does Hollywood make us believe we can survive helicopter crash when in reality..we can’t!!!!
Indeed....Hollywood na really scam

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Mindlog: 11:42am On Feb 11
Yashita:

Kobe Bryant and his crew didn't survive it.
Alicia keys and her crew didn't survive it.

Those are enough experiences that....😔😔

Alicia keys is not dead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by CSTRR: 11:42am On Feb 11
Risingblue008:
He die well
All these bank CEO's wey thief pass politicians

Come
My money
That man is.more useful to Nigeria than everybody in the FG combined.
And I mean everybody.

His company employs thousands and thousands of people, and is one of the reasons why Nigeria is not a failed state today.

It took vision and patriotism to build access bank to what it is today, as the largest bank in Nigeria by assets.

That man is a visionary and Nigeria has lost an iroko tree.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Yashita: 11:43am On Feb 11
PNomsule:

Which Alicia Keys... or u meant Aaliyah?!

Sorry I meant Aaliya

4 Likes

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by cijiy: 11:44am On Feb 11
Omihanifa:
Very tragic incident embarassed only God can comfort the remaining children left behind.

Their lives just changed within the twinkle of an eye. Imagine losing mom, dad and two younger ones in a day embarassed

As we mourn Herbert wigwe, we should also remember to say a word of prayer to Abimbola ogunbanjo. He's also a family man with lots of dependents.
who's that (Abimbola ogunbanjo)

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by uglodoh(f): 11:44am On Feb 11
Yashita:

Kobe Bryant and his crew didn't survive it.
Aaliyah and her crew didn't survive it.

Those are enough experiences that....😔😔
Are you sure of Alicia Key?
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by seunayantokun(m): 11:46am On Feb 11
Hmmm. RIP.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by barinedan(m): 11:47am On Feb 11
It is sad, we are struggling every day to acquire wealth and become famous forgetting to know that one day all our wealth will be there and we will bow to the cold hands of death
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Nuzo1(m): 11:47am On Feb 11
Frezhkid10:
Why does Hollywood make us believe we can survive helicopter crash when in reality..we can’t!!!!

Osibanjo survived it.

However, it’s difficult to survive given how different the mechanism of helicopter is to normal airplanes.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by planetx: 11:50am On Feb 11
When did people started flying from Nigeria to go watch super bowl all way in the US.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 11:50am On Feb 11
inoki247:
Rip..

The life is stress na why I no dey worry pass mak I chop and sleep...

Na when I grow up I realize we only came to die since den I no dey pursue any yeye dream cos the stress no worth am if it comes fine if he no come fine...
Na true you talk jare my brother. Every title he got now is gone
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Trophy12: 11:51am On Feb 11
inoki247:
Rip..

Na when I grow up I realize we only came to die since den I no dey pursue any yeye dream cos the stress no worth am if it comes fine if he no come fine...
u are correct my brother. Person go get money to the extend , he still day pursue dream up and down , you Kon carry your wife and children join body . Na wa ooo , any way RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by DrAkpa(m): 11:51am On Feb 11
Nuzo1:

Osibanjo survived it.

However, it’s difficult to survive given how different the mechanism of helicopter is to normal airplanes.

Osibanjo's own was political propaganda. Stop being naive, it was all planned, the same way buhari's bullet proof suv was riddled with bullets before the election in 2015.
Nobody survives an helicopter crash

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Kobicove(m): 11:52am On Feb 11
Rest In Peace sir!
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by malali: 11:52am On Feb 11
⁠How CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sold Intercontinental Bank To His Friends!

Street Journal’s investigations have revealed discrepancies in the sale of Intercontinental Bank Plc to Access Bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria. It has been discovered that the Central Bank Governor, Malam Sanusi Lamido waived a

loan of N8.9Billion for Senator Bukola Saraki and another N16.2 billion loan for Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, the MD of Access Bank, to help them buy Intercontinental Bank over. Before now, there had been allegations that the former Kwara State Governor was at the background of a grand scheme to take over Intercontinental Bank.

After Erastus Akingbola was sacked as the bank’s MD, Mahmoud Lai Alabi was named as his replacement. Alabi was until his appointment on Saraki’s payroll, being the Chairman of Shonga Farms, a Saraki initiative that brought displaced Zimbabwean farmers to Kwara State. It was reported then that one of the first steps Alabi took as MD was to write off Dr. Saraki’s N8.1 billion loan. Alabi also went ahead to sack Executive Directors of the bank who were replaced one after the other with staff of Saraki’s Societe Generale Bank. It might not be wrong therefore to conclude that Saraki has been running Intercontinental Bank by proxy since the new management took over.

Questions are already being asked within the banking sector regarding how Aig Imoukhuede who is one of the biggest debtors on Intercontinental Bank’s list suddenly mustered enough resources to buy the bank.

It was announced recently that Access Bank would acquire 75% stake in Intercontinental Bank for N 50 billion and combine both firms’ operations within one year of the merger. Shareholders of the latter had reportedly given their support to the merger, though it remains unknown whether the shareholders are aware of the situation or they just decided to ignore.

The move which is plagued with irregularities has exposed the Central Bank Governor’s inadequacies. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi who has hitherto been seen as one of the most upright men in the country has come under criticism especially regarding the motive behind the sale of the bank. Questions are also being raised about his sincerity in the deal.Documents in Street Journal’s possession revealed that a N 16.2 billion loan was duly obtained from Intercontinental Bank Plc and signed for by Aig Imokhuede, the Access Bank MD in favour of United Alliance Company of Nigeria.

Sequel to the Central Bank’s regulatory action on five banks two years ago, the apex bank published a list of defaulting customers of the banks who were asked to pay up to prevent appropriate legal actions from being taken against them by the apex bank. Those on the list were described by the Central Bank as the “largest debtors.” Incidentally, the third slot on the list of the largest debtors published on August 18, 2009 was occupied by United Alliance Company of Nigeria and the balance of its indebtedness as of May 31, 2009 was N 16, 247,686,168.18. Its Directors were listed as Mr. Aig Imoukhuede and Mr. Herbert Wigwe both of who are also Group Managing Directors of Access Bank.

In a letter sent to the United Alliance Company from Intercontinental Bank Plc on November 19, 2009, terms of restructuring a N 10.3 billion loan facility were outlined. The loan had a tenure of 36 months and according to the purpose stated in the document, the time extension was to enable the borrower, i.e United Alliance to liquidate its outstanding indebtedness to Intercontinental Bank in line with its cash flow.

While repayment was to commence in April, 2010, an interest of 18% was agreed on. And as part of the conditions, 894,690,600 units of Access Bank shares were listed as security as well as “joint and several personal guarantees of Mr. Herbert Wigwe and Mr. Aigoje Aig-Imokhuede for the full facility amount and accrued interest.”

A letter from United Alliance to Intercontinental Bank dated 10th March, 2011 showed that Intercontinental Bank was being owed the sum of N 10.2 billion by United Alliance, a company headed by Aig Imokhuede, Intercontinental Bank’s new buyer. Street Journal gathered that as it stands, Access Bank’s two Group Managing Directors are indebted to Intercontinental Bank to the tune of N 10.2 billion.

The March, 10 letter which was to help United Alliance get an extension for the repayment of the facility reads inter alia: “we would like to assure you of our absolute commitment in repaying the above facility. Repayments of these facilities are based on the cash flows generated by United Alliance through its investment management activities. However we are currently having difficulties matching our cash flow with the current agreed repayment dates. We hereby write to formally request for a change in the repayment dates of our facility to ensure that it synchronises with our cash flow in order to meet the obligation as the fall due.”

It was also requested in the letter that the dates be moved to “at least the last day of the first week of each calendar quarter. In other words to at least the 7th day of April, July, October and December respectively of the year.”

Another letter confirming the status of United Alliance was received by Intercontinental Bank Plc when the July fall date came. A letter signed by Chizoba Ufoeze on behalf of the United Alliance Company of Nigeria Limited read in part “we acknowledge the receipt of your letter dated 30th June, 2011 informing us of the portion of the term loan (N 1, 307, 465,060.12) due on 7 July, 2011. However, due to constrain in our cash flow, we humbly request a 30 day extension to clean up this obligation. We assure you of our determination to liquidate this term loan within the term specified in the offer letter and thanks for your patience. ”

Many of those who know the internal workings of Intercontinental and Access Banks are yet to come to terms with how Aig-Imokhuede, one of the biggest debtors of Intercontinental Bank, who has asked for extension of repayment over and over would offer to buy the bank over and Malam Sanusi Lamido would go ahead to sell the whole Bank to him at a ridiculous N50 billion when even the quarterly profit of Intercontinental Bank is more than 50billion Naira.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by israelmao(m): 11:53am On Feb 11
Only the Holy Spirit can comfort the rest of family members of the horrible and triple loss.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by tetralogyfallot(m): 11:53am On Feb 11
inoki247:
Rip..

wisdom
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by trumpcoat(m): 11:54am On Feb 11
It's well
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Slimwhyt(m): 11:54am On Feb 11
So sad.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by koning: 11:54am On Feb 11
Nonexisting1:
Someone just got his or her prayers for promotion answered, in a weird way though. [b]But wetin carry this man go America go enter helicopter. [/b]The same helicopter that has been killing their soldiers more than terrorists.

For bragging rights. Sad thing is that he does not need to do that.

I so much admire the lifestyle of 2 world billionaires. One is the late founder of Ikea. Was once in the top 5 of world's richest, but drove his 80's Volvo till he died at a very old age.

The second is Sergei Brin of Google. He bought an entire island in the Carribean, put all the luxuries money can buy in the island and stayed put there 24/7 all year round. He don't want no shiit from nobody and has nothing to prove to anybody. Everything he wants is brought to the island. Absolute living in peace. No stress.

And in Nigeria Adenuga of GLO comes close. Has nothing to prove to no bagger either. You can't even see him. Enjoying his wealth in peace.
To be rich is good. Very rich, better. But it's of no use if you cannot enjoy your wealth well into your 90's

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by tetralogyfallot(m): 11:55am On Feb 11
Family members don blow
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by 8stargeneral: 11:55am On Feb 11
BiGVEEN58:
This news will make you take a deep reflection about life.
seriously bro,we came to this life with nothing,why hating...why bragging...why intimidating one another....time we know all these ,better for us to live in peace

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by soccerlite: 11:56am On Feb 11
Vanity upon vanity

Life is just vanity

The number of humans you help only matters as they eulogize after your death

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Tayorshd87: 11:56am On Feb 11
inoki247:
Rip..

My brother your statement sounds silly ∆

But in reality that's d real epilogue of life ..
He no dey make me do pass my self ..
I do tell my wife that all this I want to I want to will stop when I exit the world 😢

Life is just vanity and u don't have to go extra mile just to chase after vanity too 😭

Rip CEO

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Snowx: 11:56am On Feb 11
inoki247:
Rip..

Correct man..and what will come will come regardless

We really live to die.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Basicend: 11:57am On Feb 11
This guy (Wigwe) and Tayo Adeniroku with Fola Adeola started GTBank.

They blew very quickly into prominence and wealth. Tayo died young suddenly just like this Wigwe.

In my family, there were professors that achieved quick prominence and were cut-off in their 50s, same happened to my father.

It was Jesus that opened my eyes to these things and began to teach me how to walk with him and avoid lineage judgemental patterns. It is a rope. He would pass you Tru some sufferings, but that yoke will break upon your head.

It is not the will of God for Wigwe and his entire family to just go this way at their age. That is a judgement, and in most cases, it is a matter of ages before them (that they did not see or treat).

It is better we gather little by little, by God's hand, and avoid those slippery grounds that can bring a man into instant judgement.

Such a very wealthy man. I pray God give his family the strenght to bear this. May their gentle souls rest in peace.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by soccerlite: 11:57am On Feb 11
BiGVEEN58:
This news will make you take a deep reflection about life.

For people with heart of "flesh"

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by emperor4love(m): 11:58am On Feb 11
Jonathan:

Man down
Wife down
Children down, all in a snap.

They rate at which aircrafts are crashing in the US lately is alarming.

All the wealth, millions of dollars left behind will now be inherited by family members who contributed nothing to his life.

LIFE!
still hv more children gals,only son nd wife
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Omihanifa: 12:00pm On Feb 11
DangoteIvy:

Which two children?
Herbert, his wife, Chizoba Doreen and his son,Chizi died . He lost one child Chizi alongside his wife Doreen in the ill fated crash. His other children are safe . They were not in the chopper. Tochi, Hannah and David,his other 3kids were not in the chopper

Wigwe’s Special Assistant, Faleye Olusola, whose name was in the manifest of the chopper, escaped death miraculously as he did not board the ill-fated flight but opted to travel by road.

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Jayhome24: 12:00pm On Feb 11
It is really painful reading this news.

Honestly I don't know the man at all but dying in this manner with wife and son really a sad thing.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Omihanifa: 12:00pm On Feb 11
AsapTeddy:

He lost only a a child in the accident

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Start Bakery Business With #50,000 / Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) / Gigantic Equipment Being Brought In For Dangote's Refinery In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.