Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son (71000 Views)

Bodies Of Herbert Wigwe, Wife & Son Arrive Port Harcourt Airport (Photos) / Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government / Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by TheWinterBird(f): 3:45pm On Feb 11
This is so sad. I wonder what could've happened, like was the weather a factor (e.g. fog)? We've had several foggy mornings here; I wonder if it's the same there. Or mechanical failure? Or Tired Pilot? Anyways, I know they will investigate, if they've not already begun investigating. I hope he had a will in place and his remaining kids will be taken care of. I don't want to hear of greedy family members wanting to take over this man's money and properties, leaving the kids with peanuts.

What a tragic event. May his soul and all the departed souls (e.g. his wife and son) on that helicopter rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by wealthnet: 3:47pm On Feb 11
vickthourh:
Very sad indeed..
Not just a tradegy, but a big one

One man's sorrow
Another upcoming CEO'S happiness,
Another lawyer's happiness
Another colleague's happiness..

We'll all die someday..
You're happy today, doesn't mean you wouldn't be sad someday.

This is the reality of life. The only thing that certain in lifetime of human beings is DEATH. Our political elite and leaders in various positions of power are they really thinking of DEATH.

May God grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Tonididdyx: 3:48pm On Feb 11
inoki247:
Rip..

The life is stress na why I no dey worry pass mak I chop and sleep...

Na when I grow up I realize we only came to die since den I no dey pursue any yeye dream cos the stress no worth am if it comes fine if he no come fine...

I figured this out few weeks ago (last week precisely) when I saw the body of my millionaire uncle in a body bag being carried into the morgue after his passing.
Going to the morgue and seeing bodies on the floor lifeless.... Indeed I got this feeling.
This is life.... Live to die, "so what's all the struggle for"?
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by membranus: 3:49pm On Feb 11
Wotowotoman:

Stop being slow and go and type CEO of Access Bank plc in your google before Yamayama burst that your muguish bald head there. WTF! angry

Stop being foolish and insultive due to your ignorance. The official CEO has just died, awaiting replacement, has any company got two CEOs before?

Your bullying tactics do not work with me, come out with the info, or you accept you are just an ignoramus, claiming to be intelligent.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by justking(m): 3:54pm On Feb 11
Rip
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Tonnyray: 3:55pm On Feb 11
It's interesting nobody is saying the usual "in a sane country this kind of thing ... bla bla" just because the tragedy didn't occur in Nigeria.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by DeepSight(m): 3:58pm On Feb 11
anslemarinze52:

This is a poor man mentality!!!!
You work hard o or you don't work hard you'll still die.
Na yur type de wish death to rich man, saying upon all he's money he still die.

Please go away with your shallow mentality. The man suggested no such thing.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by okerekingsley90: 4:02pm On Feb 11
AllBlack:
After all the struggle on earth.
go to the best schools,
graduate.
don't drink, don't smoke, avoid cancer, don't party, don't fornicate, don't go to club,
marry, get kids, be a good husband,
double your hustle, earn in dollar, wear gucci,
drive benz. bla bla bl
it ends 6 feet.

The way I laughed at this eh 🤣😁😃.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by DeepSight(m): 4:02pm On Feb 11
anslemarinze52:

Put in the work and rise, there'll never be a need for you to say such a thing again.

His life, his choice, and a valid one too. Material things are material things. Not everyone is interested in money, fame, assets, etc. Life is deeper than that.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Myer(m): 4:06pm On Feb 11
inoki247:
Rip..

Na when I grow up I realize we only came to die since den I no dey pursue any yeye dream cos the stress no worth am if it comes fine if he no come fine...
Your theme song should be "this life I can't kill myself o..." lol
But truth be told, it is in this same life that some have left indelible imprints on the sands of time.
You can either accept defeat and settle for less.
Or think of your posterity and leave a good legacy behind for them to continue.

Without knowing who you are especially in Christ, you may not know how much life has in store to offer you. Think abourit.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by emmy512: 4:10pm On Feb 11
NuCypher:

That doesn't mean they should say they have no information. They had. It was better to say they'll put out a statement in due time. We know they trying to be careful and professional. Not that they have no information.

True, but remember that social media is handled by someone who is not qualified to give a solid response for access so the person just had to turn round until he got what to say
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by DeepSight(m): 4:11pm On Feb 11
axglide:

The purpose is to know Christ and prepare for eternity.

What was the purpose over 2000 years ago before Jesus was born?
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by inoki247: 4:13pm On Feb 11
Myer:

Your theme song should be "this life I can't kill myself o..." lol
But truth be told, it is in this same life that some have left indelible imprints on the sands of time.
You can either accept defeat and settle for less.
Or think of your posterity and leave a good legacy behind for them to continue.

Without knowing who you are especially in Christ, you may not know how much life has in store to offer you. Think abourit.

Lol at the same time what you call less are other people's achievement....

I don't know your definition of less buh everything you do on earth that deals with survival and deal with your hunger is a win you don't put people in unessacary pressure all in the name of don't settle for less...

I'm sure if Elon musk sees Dangote money to him it will be less buh that's a lie is still an achievement to Dangote...

Dere are people that will see what you called achievement as you settling for less with what they've achieved...

So in one word so far dere is someone out dere richer than you den you're also a candidate of settling for less....
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by EmperorFred: 4:14pm On Feb 11
Jonathan:

Man down
Wife down
Children down, all in a snap.

They rate at which aircrafts are crashing in the US lately is alarming.

All the wealth, millions of dollars left behind will now be inherited by family members who contributed nothing to his life. Who told you they contributed nothing to his life? Nor de use your family measure another person family.

LIFE!
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by okerekingsley90: 4:21pm On Feb 11
Jokerman:

Abi o....

[quo
Jokerman:

Abi o....

te a
Jokerman:

Abi o....

uthor=Wotowotoman post=128398295]

Okay. Blow all your money. Don’t save. No just come here to beg when you lose your job o angry[/quote]

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by ElSudani: 4:23pm On Feb 11
Very sad. May their souls rest in peace. After Kobi Bryant, flying with family members became a no no for me. Still, may God continue to protect all of us.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by ParagonPrick: 4:36pm On Feb 11
inoki247:
Rip..

Now I see reasons y u support this government, you've decided to be a useless fellow in life, miserable loves company , you want to drag other Nigerians into your cesspit of failure abi
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by lalalista: 4:53pm On Feb 11
inoki247:
Rip..

u said it all bro
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Carlyboi(m): 4:58pm On Feb 11
BiGVEEN58:
This news will make you take a deep reflection about life.

Especially for people who are so immersed and attached to the world. If most people are more conscious of the mundaneness of the world and existence and lead a life in cognizance of this fact the world would really be a better place for us all.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Finquas: 5:11pm On Feb 11
inoki247:
Rip..

Mehn D's line say.. we only came to die* struck me real hard
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by lalalista: 5:11pm On Feb 11
This reminds me of this man

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Wotowotoman: 5:12pm On Feb 11
membranus:

Stop being foolish and insultive due to your ignorance. The official CEO has just died, awaiting replacement, has any company got two CEOs before?

Your bullying tactics do not work with me, come out with the info, or you accept you are just an ignoramus, claiming to be intelligent.

Guy, this thing is public info. Okay let me break it down like I’m talking to a real Mugu. Roosevelt Ogbonna has been the CEO of Access Bank since 2022. Herbert was CEO of the holding company that holds Access Bank and other assets. All you freaking had to do was google to find the information. Lazy youth! angry
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by themanderon: 5:38pm On Feb 11
Jonathan:

Man down
Wife down
Children down, all in a snap.

The rate at which aircrafts are crashing in the US lately is alarming.

All the wealth, millions of dollars left behind will now be inherited by family members who contributed nothing to his life.

LIFE!

It is written in the Bible that he that acquires wealth does not know who will gather them. Life is a mystery. Let us live well and give our lives to Christ so we can be assured of life after death. Nothing is in this world ooooo.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by membranus: 5:42pm On Feb 11
Wotowotoman:

Guy, this thing is public info. Okay let me break it down like I’m talking to a real Mugu. Roosevelt Ogbonna has been the CEO of Access Bank since 2022. Herbert was CEO of the holding company that holds Access Bank and other assets. All you freaking had to do was google to find the information. Lazy youth! angry

Thank you for the info my correct man grin
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Goodcitizen99(m): 5:42pm On Feb 11
inoki247:
Rip..

brother I sumtimes dey reason this matter nd think am the only one or it's a weird thinking . Am happy to find out people like u also think like me. Why we even come the life sef? The matter is just tiring !! I
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Goodcitizen99(m): 5:47pm On Feb 11
BiGVEEN58:
This news will make you take a deep reflection about life.
my dear I did ooooo infact since morning oooo . Nothing rily dey this life oooo truely all na vanity like bible talk 💯
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Goodcitizen99(m): 6:07pm On Feb 11
AllBlack:
go to the best schools,
graduate.
don't drink, don't smoke, avoid cancer, don't party, don't fornicate, don't go to club,
drive benz. bla bla bla no lies detected 💯 why we even come this life sef mtchwww cos na this e dey always end

it ends 6 feet.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Dancebreaker: 6:25pm On Feb 11
AllBlack:
go to the best schools,
graduate.
drive benz. bla bla bla

it ends 6 feet.
Gbam!

RIP to him and those who died alongside him.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by 43Ronin: 6:27pm On Feb 11
Wotowotoman:

What many of you don’t know is that a successor was chosen a couple of years ago. Herbert was winding down and on his way to retirement. Roosevelt has been running the show for a while now..
Roosevelt is the MD/CEO of Access Bank not AccessCo. Access bank is a subsidiary of AccessCorp. Roosevelt gets his authority from Herbert
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by jonadaft: 6:34pm On Feb 11
themanderon:

It is written in the Bible that he that acquires wealth does not know who will gather them. Life is a mystery. Let us live well and give our lives to Christ so we can be assured of life after death. Nothing is in this world ooooo.
I thought you had a reasonable thing to say until I saw:
It is written...
Bible... And Christ.
Why would I believe in your Jesus over Allah, Buddha and Shiva? Because it was written?
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Johnn87: 6:58pm On Feb 11
Wotowotoman:

The two pilots….
You guessed well . The two previously unidentified bodies have been officially verified now.

Yeah , it is now officially verified by US transport safety board. Two crew members of the helicopter 🚁 died alongside Them.- Herbert, his wife, his son, & former chairman of Nigeria’s stock exchange, Abimola Ogunbanjo. Total 6 casualties
His WIKEPEDIA page has also been updated .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Start Bakery Business With #50,000 / Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) / Gigantic Equipment Being Brought In For Dangote's Refinery In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.