Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son (71016 Views)

Bodies Of Herbert Wigwe, Wife & Son Arrive Port Harcourt Airport (Photos) / Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government / Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by AareGaa: 1:13pm On Feb 11
CSTRR:

That man is.more useful to Nigeria than everybody in the FG combined.
And I mean everybody.

His company employs thousands and thousands of people, and is one of the reasons why Nigeria is not a failed state today.

It took vision and patriotism to build access bank to what it is today, as the largest bank in Nigeria by assets.

That man is a visionary and Nigeria has lost an iroko tree.

Na elections still dey pepper you.

E go pepper you tire.
Jagaban is a conqueror
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Corea4king(m): 1:14pm On Feb 11
Why will one family enter one chopper.
I remembered when we are coming back for Christmas,my elder sister could not allow us enter one bus. I entered one bus with my elder sister, where my other brother enter another bus.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by wonder233: 1:14pm On Feb 11
He lost only ONE child. Doreen was his wife's name. He had 4 kids, now they are 3kids.
Omihanifa:

Two children

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by zelnababa(m): 1:17pm On Feb 11
Life Sha, you poor okada or motor go kill you, you rich chopper or aeroplane go kill you, life no balance
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Cantonese: 1:18pm On Feb 11
Very sad. Very terrible.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:18pm On Feb 11
BiGVEEN58:
This news will make you take a deep reflection about life.

That's what I'm doing now embarassed
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by mastermaestro(m): 1:19pm On Feb 11
Some of these highly placed men shake hands with spirits, make covenants with powers, offer great sacrifices, make shocking vows at high altars in order to rise to where they get.

Payday usually comes on them unawares. When it does come, it sweeps mercilessly leaving pools of agony behind for their loved ones to drink from.

I am not talking to kids, please. sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:19pm On Feb 11
Shellsploit:
Mehn!
Someone else is preparing to take over his position.

This life eh!

Tomorrow Monday someone else will take over.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by OgunkeelAllMod: 1:22pm On Feb 11
They better invite FBI to help investigate that bulsh1t crash! angry I no believe am one bit!
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by CSTRR: 1:22pm On Feb 11
AareGaa:

E go pepper you tire.
Jagaban is a conqueror
What is the usefulness of your jagaban to Nigeria?
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by DrAkpa(m): 1:23pm On Feb 11
mastermaestro:
Some of these highly placed men shake hands with spirits, make covenants with powers, offer great sacrifices, make shocking vows at high altars in order to rise to where they get.

Payday usually comes on them unawares. When it does come, it sweeps mercilessly leaving pools of agony behind for their loved ones to drink from.

I am not talking to kids, please. sad

There is some truth in what you have written, but it may not be applicable to the circumstances surrounding wigwe's demise. It was his time and destiny to end up like that. In this life, you may acquire wealth and fame, but be predestined to die young, while another person will keep struggling and struggling, and end up in middle class, but will live till ripe old age. This life is deep and has no manual. Cheers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by inoki247: 1:24pm On Feb 11
anslemarinze52:

We all know that's deception lol 😆😆.
Now that he's dead, if you were asked to inherit he's possessions.. God knows how many that'll go into depression because you got to the top so fast and quick.

Lol deception I'm not you....

As corrupt as we say Nigeria is dere are people that won't still compromise..

We can't view life the same way...

With all the bombing in Borno nd terrorism there are people that will never leave nd only jus want to survive..

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by inoki247: 1:31pm On Feb 11
anslemarinze52:

Put in the work and rise, there'll never be a need for you to say such a thing again.

Lol I work for myself and everyday I'm working I didn't even slow down I jus stop expanding bkuz I don't want to add any headache from any worker or life to myself.,..

So far i can eat meet up with my Bill I'm good I don't want more money more headache....

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Agugbadin: 1:33pm On Feb 11
RIP.A great loss Nigeria .
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Everydaylove: 1:35pm On Feb 11
Kai I feel this deep in my heart. God ha e mercy.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Ebukamatth(m): 1:36pm On Feb 11
I hope this won't affect the small money I get for access bank
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by warrenweste(m): 1:37pm On Feb 11
Jonathan:

Man down
Wife down
Children down, all in a snap.

They rate at which aircrafts are crashing in the US lately is alarming.

All the wealth, millions of dollars left behind will now be inherited by family members who contributed nothing to his life.

LIFE!

Only he's son is in the chopper the remaining 3 are alive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:38pm On Feb 11
Frezhkid10:
Why does Hollywood make us believe we can survive helicopter crash when in reality..we can’t!!!!

Sometimes people do survive. Osibanjo survived an helicopter crash run up to the 2019 election.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:39pm On Feb 11
Omihanifa:

Two children

News said one, You are saying two

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by AirBay: 1:39pm On Feb 11
What I do think about, how was their last moments like? especially the man......all the affluence gone in seconds.

Live a healthy life, Enjoy and pray to whatever you believe in for a good life.

May their souls rest in peace
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by efemena5050(m): 1:40pm On Feb 11
inoki247:
Rip..

The life is stress na why I no dey worry pass mak I chop and sleep...

Na when I grow up I realize we only came to die since den I no dey pursue any yeye dream cos the stress no worth am if it comes fine if he no come fine...
ur a wise child .....but always ensure ur priority is on death so tht u can keep up with him at the end
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by YourGFsnatcher: 1:42pm On Feb 11
inoki247:
Rip..

Na when I grow up I realize we only came to die since den I no dey pursue any yeye dream cos the stress no worth am if it comes fine if he no come fine...

When I saw in their post they are already letting us know they will soon announce a new acting MD I knew I shouldn't kee myself with work. Immediately I die, they will look for my replacement. This is a CEO of one of the richest firms in Nigeria...imagine others who's death will not even be announced...they can even replace you next day
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by YourGFsnatcher: 1:44pm On Feb 11
This is very sad. I just got to know about him last week when his university issued a statement about tuition in dollars. The community people said he's been doing well for them.
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:44pm On Feb 11
DangoteIvy:

Which two children?
Herbert, his wife, Chizoba Doreen and his son,Chizi died . He lost one child Chizi alongside his wife Doreen in the ill fated crash. His other children are safe . They were not in the chopper. Tochi, Hannah and David,his other 3kids were not in the chopper

Wigwe’s Special Assistant, Faleye Olusola, whose name was in the manifest of the chopper, escaped death miraculously as he did not board the ill-fated flight but opted to travel by road.

Wow. So he opted to travel by road ? Maybe he had a premonition of the sad event

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by inoki247: 1:45pm On Feb 11
YourGFsnatcher:

When I saw in their post they are already letting us know they will soon announce a new acting MD I knew I shouldn't kee myself with work. Immediately I die, they will look for my replacement. This is a CEO of one of the richest firms in Nigeria...imagine others who's death will not even be announced...they can even replace you next day

Did you see anybody even talking about the Pilot the media only focused on the CEO and Family that's how it will look when someone is working and don't still have a name nobody will even care...

All the RIP to the CEO and Family but the Pilot nobody's wishing him maybe only his family and friends and some will still Neva know yet...

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by dimexy247(m): 1:48pm On Feb 11
inoki247:
Rip..

This is deep. Everything you wrote up there is nothing but reality. Our being on earth has no purpose than to live for sometime and then die.

Forget what any motivational speaker says, life has no purpose. That’s the truth. No matter what you become. You die and everything you have ever known or become dies with you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Uchedizzy(f): 1:48pm On Feb 11
What a sad loss, life happens RIP
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by Mayflowa(m): 1:49pm On Feb 11
Omihanifa:
Very tragic incident embarassed only God can comfort the remaining children left behind.

Their lives just changed within the twinkle of an eye. Imagine losing mom, dad and two younger ones in a day embarassed

As we mourn Herbert wigwe, we should also remember to say a word of prayer to Abimbola ogunbanjo. He's also a family man with lots of dependents.

2 children. Only one son was announced dead !
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by YourGFsnatcher: 1:50pm On Feb 11
inoki247:

Did you see anybody even talking about the Pilot the media only focused on the CEO and Family that's how it will look when someone is working and don't still have a name nobody will even care...

All the RIP to the CEO and Family but the Pilot nobody's wishing him maybe only his family and friends and some will still Neva know yet...
This just hit me. Becuse I'm also guilty. I didn't even remember there's someone called the pilot. May their souls RIP
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by madampresident(f): 1:53pm On Feb 11
This death was caused by money. If he didn't have money, him and his family would have been alive. #moneyproblems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by DrAkpa(m): 1:56pm On Feb 11
AareGaa:

E go pepper you tire.
Jagaban is a conqueror

This sort of person is part of the reasons why I dont care if a bag of rice gets to 200k. People like you deserve to suffer for bringing in a curse upon Nigeria, except the innocent people who would form part of the collateral damage
Re: Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son by donMIG(m): 1:57pm On Feb 11
Even with all the moni...man died with his fam...omor...this life sef ehn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Start Bakery Business With #50,000 / Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) / Gigantic Equipment Being Brought In For Dangote's Refinery In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.