Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada (29017 Views)

How I Helped My Client Find Out His Landlord Was Tapping From His Prepaid Light / I Finally Helped My Birthgiver Get To The Hospital - TheGidRedpiller / Son Destroys Food Items In The Kitchen After Mum Refused His Request (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by abobote: 3:17pm On Feb 13
You are not any nice, is cos she is going to Canada, you did that so she can reciprocate in future

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by CaptainFM1: 3:18pm On Feb 13
If I will have to take all these overseas, I will not even bother going at all.

4 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by nairalanda1(m): 3:20pm On Feb 13
Zhunnurayn:

What happened to Australia,

Uncontrolled imports of foreign flora and fauna wrecked havoc on their local environment

For example, someone imported live rabbits to australia in the late 19th century. The rabbits multiplied and ate everything in their path.

Did i mention that the rabbits had zero predators.?

It cost the Australian government a lot of money to bring the situation under control.

8 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Passionate888: 3:20pm On Feb 13
Goodlady:
Grinded dried okro, grinded crayfish, locust beans, ashes (I won't tell you what this is used for). But it's a secret tool for women with facial hair. That's a topic for another day.
Rest of the items. As you can see, I labelled them. Sister was so grateful till now, she calls to say thank you n pray for me. πŸ’•

I hope this is helpful to aspiring ladies that are going to abroad and ll miss home delicacies or items we just get easily here.

Have a great week.
Seun, I love your site o, I feel at home here but boys here are not nice. πŸ™‚

So your sister gather bia bia for face?
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Chasito(m): 3:21pm On Feb 13
otipoju:

Lol. Sometimes I feel guilty after using $50 to barb hair. Every two weeks and dem no sabi barb well sef na the annoying thing be that.

She will adapt when she starts making good money. Tell her not to settle for less
I used to think that those white guys can barb well
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by ayandee: 3:22pm On Feb 13
JuanDeDios:

A whole palm oil? Why?
The scanner will pick it no matter how you hide it and they won't just let it pass through. It could cause delays for the traveller as well. When others are boarding, you will be there rummaging through your luggage to get the oil out. It's not worth it. African stores in Canada generally sell good oil.

4 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Damseldammie(f): 3:22pm On Feb 13
She can get most items you posted here @ Costco store where all these are sold @ very cheap price & there are some places where items are giving freely.
What is the matched for? There stoves are electric ones , no power outage
Moreover, there are some necessary items you suppose get like seasoning cubes, sponge for bathing (because they’re so called sponge is like duke duke foam) which may not scrubs as desires,to mention but few jooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Hyperdulia: 3:25pm On Feb 13
Matches, cellotape, shaving stick, onions etc. Nawah. Look at the thibgs you bought and celebrating. Who told you those things are not abroad?

5 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by JuanDeDios: 3:27pm On Feb 13
ayandee:

The scanner will pick it no matter how you hide it and they won't just let it pass through. It could cause delays for the traveller as well. When others are boarding, you will be there rummaging through your luggage to get the oil out. It's not worth it. African stores in Canada generally sell good oil.
I see. But I wonder what they have against palm oil. It's not like you can use it to make bomb.
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Teeklef(m): 3:28pm On Feb 13
How did you go about it?which courier did you use and how much do you spend in sending those stuff through?.
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Fortuneed(m): 3:32pm On Feb 13
carried all these things during my time. Besides the food, all else is useless. I’ve not even used some things. We have 1 dollar shop there. You just made her carry unnecessary heavy load
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by ElGood: 3:33pm On Feb 13
Which of the courier company did use to send the food stuffs and how much was the charges per kg?
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by CoronaVirusPro: 3:35pm On Feb 13
otipoju:

Lol. Sometimes I feel guilty after using $50 to barb hair. Every two weeks and dem no sabi barb well sef na the annoying thing be that.

She will adapt when she starts making good money. Tell her not to settle for less

Black neighborhoods

You get badass barbers.

But make sure you strapped.

It can get cold anytime.
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Cantonese: 3:38pm On Feb 13
Goodlady:

She has landed and is devouring them. Some were removed but she went there with almost all items. Especially blades for shaving pubic areas cos she told me a pack of blade was $20. And the blade na nacet wey no strong reach tiger. $20 is over N22K in Nigeria.
Most of the food items too, she's enjoying them. Thanks sister.

Why you no give am blender? Which one be mortar and pestle? Abi na another part of Nigeria she relocate to?

If she pounds any how with that mortar, the news you go hear go different o. No pounding, especially if it is a blocks of apartments. Na police matter be that for disturbing others o.

10 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by CluelessMODS: 3:42pm On Feb 13
Yashita:

My dear, I hope your sister has landed and successfully passed through the Canadian immigration at their airport over there?

I watched a video just the morning about a guy that was deported immediately he entered Canada, simply because they checked his luggage and found he packed his documents giving a sense of job seeker on a visit visa.

Canada is strict o.
That is for those going on tourist visa. If she is going on PR or as a student that doesn't matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Alexis11: 3:42pm On Feb 13
LordIsaac:
I carried all these things during my time. Besides the food, all else is useless. I’ve not even used some things. We have 1 dollar shop there. You just made her carry unnecessary heavy load.😊

My thoughts too. cool

1 Like

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by CluelessMODS: 3:43pm On Feb 13
You do all these for your sister come dey announce am for public....🫀🫀

5 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Tonytonex(m): 3:43pm On Feb 13
Goodlady:
How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada.
Recently, my sister escaped from this hard country to Canada for greener pastures. Many of you knew me on this site as that young girl with sharp mouth. Well, I may be choleric but I m also nice.
So this February, sister went to Ontario. I knew she'd miss home. I went to Wuse market and nearby street shops n bought varieties. I waka-waka my rubber slippers cut. My sister is a picky type that eat light foods but she still love our local dishes. She's going to miss home 😭 and I just want her to v her favorite foods as long as she can. Though she can patronize African stores over there too.
As I m typing this, I can't wait to see her, am so happy for her and I hope to relocate too via marriage in future. Hm, God when?

Anyways I ll list some of the items as I post them here. They are educative and useful for people going abroad too. There are some items you can take along like razor blades, shaving sticks, stock fish, palm oil, locust beans, garri, beans, rice, onions, matches, polish, makeup props, grinded beans for moinmoin or akara, crayfish, beans, balls, sellotape, dried pepper, potash, bathroom slippers, cleansers, needles and threads to sew post letter tear-tear undies or clothes. πŸ˜‚ In fact, just carry any small daily use item we use here and conceal them well cos of over sabi long throat immigration officers at airport. It ll shock you you can buy a packet of blade that's not up to N1,000 for over $20 Canadian dollars, that's over N20K in Nigeria. Imagine blade pack kan for N20K? It no shock you?
So below are items I packed for her and she's enjoying them there. πŸ˜‚

Pic 1, Carton of coaster biscuit, table size mortar and pestle for her to grind pepper and packs of match sticks.
You are a very nice babe.

Let's get married and relocate to Ontario too. 😏

1 Like

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Jewessgratitud3: 3:44pm On Feb 13
daveP:
Who wrote Granded Beans and Later, Grinded Crayfish? Lol

Both spellings are wrong. It is spelt.. " ground pepper"

2 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by CluelessMODS: 3:44pm On Feb 13
Goodlady:
How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada.
Recently, my sister escaped from this hard country to Canada for greener pastures. Many of you knew me on this site as that young girl with sharp mouth. Well, I may be choleric but I m also nice.
So this February, sister went to Ontario. I knew she'd miss home. I went to Wuse market and nearby street shops n bought varieties. I waka-waka my rubber slippers cut. My sister is a picky type that eat light foods but she still love our local dishes. She's going to miss home 😭 and I just want her to v her favorite foods as long as she can. Though she can patronize African stores over there too.
As I m typing this, I can't wait to see her, am so happy for her and I hope to relocate too via marriage in future. Hm, God when?

Anyways I ll list some of the items as I post them here. They are educative and useful for people going abroad too. There are some items you can take along like razor blades, shaving sticks, stock fish, palm oil, locust beans, garri, beans, rice, onions, matches, polish, makeup props, grinded beans for moinmoin or akara, crayfish, beans, balls, sellotape, dried pepper, potash, bathroom slippers, cleansers, needles and threads to sew post letter tear-tear undies or clothes. πŸ˜‚ In fact, just carry any small daily use item we use here and conceal them well cos of over sabi long throat immigration officers at airport. It ll shock you you can buy a packet of blade that's not up to N1,000 for over $20 Canadian dollars, that's over N20K in Nigeria. Imagine blade pack kan for N20K? It no shock you?
So below are items I packed for her and she's enjoying them there. πŸ˜‚

Pic 1, Carton of coaster biscuit, table size mortar and pestle for her to grind pepper and packs of match sticks.
Apart from African food some of the things you bought are unnecessary, they are over there... imagine buying shaving stick... lmao 🀣
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by CluelessMODS: 3:46pm On Feb 13
Hyperdulia:
Matches, cellotape, shaving stick, onions etc. Nawah. Look at the thibgs you bought and celebrating. Who told you those things are not abroad?
Don't mind her na very local girl!

1 Like

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by chopnaira: 3:47pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Uncontrolled imports of foreign flora and fauna wrecked havoc on their local environment

For example, someone imported live rabbits to australia in the late 19th century. The rabbits multiplied and ate everything in their path.

Did i mention that the rabbits had zero predators.?

It cost the Australian government a lot of money to bring the situation under control.
Same as the grey squirrels in the UK. They have overtaken the native ones.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Tonytonex(m): 3:47pm On Feb 13
Goodlady:
Grinded dried okro, grinded crayfish, locust beans, ashes (I won't tell you what this is used for). But it's a secret tool for women with facial hair. That's a topic for another day.
Rest of the items. As you can see, I labelled them. Sister was so grateful till now, she calls to say thank you n pray for me. πŸ’•

I hope this is helpful to aspiring ladies that are going to abroad and ll miss home delicacies or items we just get easily here.

Have a great week.
Seun, I love your site o, I feel at home here but boys here are not nice. πŸ™‚
is the motar necessary?
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by tojahh(m): 3:47pm On Feb 13
You buy all these ones so that when she settle down she go remember am come dey send you CAD. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Boldideas: 3:48pm On Feb 13
LoveLeadsLand:
So,people still uses match sticks? Why not a lighter? You're a good sister though. And I hope some of the items you put there will not be a reason why they will send her back.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ you're a wucked sombori
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Menclothing: 3:48pm On Feb 13
Damseldammie:
She can get most items you posted here @ Costco store where all these are sold @ very cheap price & there are some places where items are giving freely.
What is the matched for? There stoves are electric ones , no power outage
Moreover, there are some necessary items you suppose get like seasoning cubes, sponge for bathing (because they’re so called sponge is like duke duke foam) which may not scrubs as desires,to mention but few jooo

Which part are u
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Nicepoker(m): 3:48pm On Feb 13
Liar
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by usagee36: 3:50pm On Feb 13
These Nigerians in Canada are funny. These things are sold in African stores in America and Canada. They carry naira mentality abroad.

6 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Johilo(m): 3:52pm On Feb 13
You did well sis... You can as well help me with a painter of garri
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Tonytonex(m): 3:53pm On Feb 13
LordIsaac:
I carried all these things during my time. Besides the food, all else is useless. I’ve not even used some things. We have 1 dollar shop there. You just made her carry unnecessary heavy load.😊
what do you mean by $1 shop?
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Love800(m): 3:55pm On Feb 13
Are u in canada?
Alexis11:
It ll shock you you can buy a packet of blade that's not up to N1,000 for over $20 Canadian dollars, that's over N20K in Nigeria. Imagine blade pack kan for N20K? It no shock you?

This is only a problem when you've not started working sis.

Average pay is 17-18$ per hour. You can make $200 plus a day is a normal thing here depending on the length of your shift and hourly pay.

1 Like

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Afamed: 3:55pm On Feb 13
Why not tell your sister to buy those items in Canada if it's that easy there?

Most of you are nothing but hypocrite..

Shame on una, you could as well instructed your to buy those items over there ?

You still have to buy cheap food items from Nigeria and send over, tell her to spend her Canadian $ over there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? / With ₦400 your wife can prepare soup that would last two days β€” Pastor says / French Ex Vanishes With The Son Of A Nigerian Woman

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.