Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine (20687 Views)

My Brother Is Giving Me Attitude For Not F..ucking The Gateman / My Wife Is Giving Me Attitude / My White Neighbors Are Giving Me Attitude (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by luminouz(m): 4:52pm On Feb 15
mariahAngel:

If you valued her, you would've made plans ahead. undecided

There is still time to make it up to her though.

Lol...I disagree.

Did you read the story at all? Dude had limited cash and he has like two weeks before his next pay date and you still insisted he planned ahead to celebrate one mumu valentine...at a time everyone is crying about the economy, when they had celebrated val the previous two years? This is exactly why we say women only appreciate the NOW, not your past sacrifices or some future shiit.

A woman who has been told about her man's finances should have taken it upon herself to spend HER money to buy the meat she so horribly craves...for BOTH of them. And if she is broke, be content with his presence alone.

Yet, all you cared about is her side...what about his?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by Mayoisemj4real(m): 4:53pm On Feb 15
Boondocxs:
So you can't even do ordinary grilled fish of 1.5k for your girlfriend instead you bought palm wine as per drunkard that you are Then you have mind to come online to try and gaslight her without her knowledge with your fellow broke boys abi
Inukwa. It will be better if that lady leaves you ASAP if you can't take care of her
God help me not to see broke men like this ever in my life
Shiorrrrrr!! ! !! !!
Are you related to op girlfriend grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by Mayoisemj4real(m): 4:57pm On Feb 15
Na you Fvk up
As a man why you go Dey follow celebrate Val
If you no drop for this yr Val,she go find new Val
Las las you’ll get deVALued
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by Tukor1759: 5:00pm On Feb 15
Supremedrizzy:
Women can be really funny at times and take frivolous things serious. My girlfriend came around to stay with me for a while, so she was kinda of expecting that we would celebrate Val or stuff but unfortunately I am low on funds cos I just settled some bills earlier this month.

After work today, I just bought only 1k palm wine because we enjoy taking it together, but I observed she was a bit moody. I just faced my front cos I had just 5k on me and I still have about 2weeks to go till the next pay day so I am being very prudent with it.

She kept making side comments about how other ladies would be receiving gifts from their boyfriends by now and other sarcastic talks. She lager opened up this night about how today is her worst val ever and it's more of a haters day for her. I told her to calm down, after all we have celebrated Val for the past two years very well so she shouldn't be upset about us not going out today. She insisted that it's not about us going out but I couldn't even get her fish or meat, I simply told her that I can't afford anything now and she's been giving me the cold shoulder.
Ass she you no call her,she suppose call you
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by Tukor1759: 5:02pm On Feb 15
Supremedrizzy:
Women can be really funny at times and take frivolous things serious. My girlfriend came around to stay with me for a while, so she was kinda of expecting that we would celebrate Val or stuff but unfortunately I am low on funds cos I just settled some bills earlier this month.

After work today, I just bought only 1k palm wine because we enjoy taking it together, but I observed she was a bit moody. I just faced my front cos I had just 5k on me and I still have about 2weeks to go till the next pay day so I am being very prudent with it.

She kept making side comments about how other ladies would be receiving gifts from their boyfriends by now and other sarcastic talks. She lager opened up this night about how today is her worst val ever and it's more of a haters day for her. I told her to calm down, after all we have celebrated Val for the past two years very well so she shouldn't be upset about us not going out today. She insisted that it's not about us going out but I couldn't even get her fish or meat, I simply told her that I can't afford anything now and she's been giving me the cold shoulder.
Ass you no call her,she suppose call you
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by drimzsmoke(m): 5:12pm On Feb 15
Vijuchoco:
Of course, it's better than nothing wink

See me wey even dey talk like say I see even common biro tongue

What do you want for val
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by vikgreen01(m): 5:18pm On Feb 15
Supremedrizzy:

This is my reply to one. Na u dey stress urself...

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by dcasca(m): 5:25pm On Feb 15
I understand your feelings. It can be painful and embarrassing when a lady compares her own relationship with that of her friends. She's simply being childish. If she can't manage with you in this trying time, she's definitely not for you.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by kkins25(m): 5:29pm On Feb 15
Supremedrizzy:

People are hungry, don't you know😂
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by Vijuchoco(f): 5:30pm On Feb 15
drimzsmoke:

What do you want for val
E don pass, no worry.. Thank you
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by drimzsmoke(m): 5:39pm On Feb 15
Vijuchoco:
E don pass, no worry.. Thank you

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by jessylaurel(f): 5:43pm On Feb 15
Supremedrizzy:

After staying with you for a 'while' cooking, cleaning and obviously doing the do. You're giving her palm wine. Shebi you meet her for village square abi.

She needs to dump your sorry broke a**. This economy is hard to stay with a broke boy.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by extremelygolden: 5:48pm On Feb 15
Supremedrizzy:

Op, you sef no smart. When God don decide to make Valentine and Ash Wednesday fall on the same day, you for grap the opportunity with two hands.

Guys for area that we all know don't attend church until December 31st night, rushed early in the morning yesterday to the nearest Catholic Church near us go receive ashes for their forehead, and immediately activated "sober reflection mood" . As per se, dem don start lent be that and were not in the mood for "earthly celebration" of Valentine cheesy. Na im you go allow your girlfriend come dey expect Valentine's gift from you. You no try nah.

It's from February 13 you would have started preaching to her, albeit subtly, on how important it is to reflect on God's goodness and the situation of the country rather than focusing more on Valentine. So that when she wakes up and sees ashes on your forehead the next day, she'll be like, does this guy really meant what he was saying yesterday? cheesy
By then she would have lowered her expectations on receiving any gifts.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by DrAda(f): 5:49pm On Feb 15
luminouz:

Here again with your hare-brained comments.

Who ever said Valentine is about a man spending on a woman alone?

You mindset is messed up

So, because I identified with the girl's expectations which is absolutely normal given the society that we live in, that qualifies as my 'mindset being messed up'? Okay then.

On further review, I just realised that you have made it quite a habit to leave a trail of unsavoury comments to my posts. A pity that I didn't recognise this until now. The perfect reply would have been to ignore you and your childish antics for attention.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by Dybala11(m): 6:00pm On Feb 15
Boondocxs:
So you can't even do ordinary grilled fish of 1.5k for your girlfriend instead you bought palm wine as per drunkard that you are Then you have mind to come online to try and gaslight her without her knowledge with your fellow broke boys abi
Inukwa. It will be better if that lady leaves you ASAP if you can't take care of her
Shiorrrrrr!! ! !! !!
As per fatherless and motherless girl wey she be abi?
What happens to the girl getting meat to satisfy her cravings or she no dey work?
Pot calling kettle black.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by ukpahu(m): 6:06pm On Feb 15
Pls what is valentine
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by stephenponti(m): 6:12pm On Feb 15
Supremedrizzy:

That girl is a liability if I wear you I will call the shorts and set the record straight
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by Oluwademilade: 6:38pm On Feb 15
What did she give you? Abi man no Dey collect Val gift
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by etrange: 6:39pm On Feb 15
That is why people date before marriage; to find out if they're compatible. She likes to be appreciated on a special day maybe not necessarily because she wants a big gift or because she's eager to eat meat, but because she wanted the reassurance that you've got her in mind. On your side, you just don't have the money for that and it's not a big deal cause there are other ways you could show her love. You just don't understand why she's blowing it out of proportion.

You both don't have the same love language maybe you also don't understand each other's love language. If you understood her love language, the first thing you'd have done when you got home was to walk up to her and tell her you couldn't afford to go out this year, but you got some palm wine for you both to enjoy. If you had said this before she asked, it might have been enough to let her know that you were actually thinking about it. That could be all she needed. The other question is, what's the special thing she does for you every Val day? Does she gift you or do anything specific? If so, did she do that thing this year? Does that thing touch your heart or do you just accept it to make her happy? I'm asking all these to know if she understands your own love language cause it goes both ways. If she does something, and she did it this year, it might also explain why she wasn't happy you didn't do your part.

People are saying you should dump her, but believe me, none of these people would dump someone they love because of one disagreement. It's easy for us to say because we aren't emotionally involved, we don't know what she has done for you or what she means to you, and we don't care about how you both feel. Yes, if you guys are always arguing over things like this, then maybe you should just call it a quit and move on. But if this is a singular occurrence, then perhaps you both could talk about it, take it as an opportunity to know each other better and learn from it. After all, even the best couples fight sometimes. What you'll do is up to you. There's no way strangers on NL who don't know or care about you and your lady can give you a holistic advice. We only say what makes us feel good.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by Kinzo0917(m): 6:40pm On Feb 15
Boondocxs:
Shiorrrrrr!! ! !! !!

No wonder most of you remain unmarried even as from 30 years old

Your self entitlements

Relationship 💑 is give and take. Most of you ladies think you are doing men favour

Na who dey loose? Is you the ladies. A girl from 30 years and above not married will not only face pressure from his parent but the society at large
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by benqo01(m): 6:41pm On Feb 15
Supremedrizzy:

She kept making side comments about how other ladies would be receiving gifts from their boyfriends

Any girl that tells me this rubbish that the end of our relationship I don't care who come to beg on her behalf

Do you know what translate to that other guys are better than you and she is to cheat to get whatever she want

She doesn't rate you,if she doesn't she wouldn't compare you

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by purples25(f): 6:43pm On Feb 15
Why date at this point, when finances are hard on you? You really should be thinking of how to achieve than how to date, while you are still single and free. You obviously do not have the time or finances for love, so really...why date at all in the first place? Isn't it to your own comfort, peace of mind and convenience, to be single and develop yourself until you can easily carry such responsibilities? It is your own indiscipline, inability to hold yourself, that will eventually put you in hard situations like this.

Sorry o, but if this girl carry belle tomorrow, will you be able to handle it? Like, right now as you're dating her, carrying her like one special burden? I don't know why you'd carry a risk you can't handle if 'kasala' burst.

Hmm. You should have given her a heads up about the situation. Then her reaction might have been different.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by benqo01(m): 6:43pm On Feb 15
Aaaaarghmed:
You have being doing val before,so she expects it .you shud have explained things to her so she go comot mind .I don't see anytin wrong in wat she did

What rubbish explanation does he need to tell her

Let's stop enabling this rubbish from this women
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by ottersberger(m): 6:51pm On Feb 15
Nicepoker:
Are you dating a broke Nigerian girl grin

Obviously. Albeit, one with a profound sense of entitlement.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by loswhite(m): 6:52pm On Feb 15
Supremedrizzy:

Who says it is a man that will give a woman gift? Is there anything wrong with a man gifting her man
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by kkins25(m): 6:53pm On Feb 15
vikgreen01:

This is my reply to one. Na u dey stress urself...

i'm interested, what followed after this?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by loswhite(m): 6:54pm On Feb 15
Aaaaarghmed:
You have being doing val before,so she expects it .you shud have explained things to her so she go comot mind .I don't see anytin wrong in wat she did
So what is the meaning of Val? Foolish men everywhere. Is Val man buying gift for a woman?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by toujurs: 6:55pm On Feb 15
Supremedrizzy:

Relationship is now transactional, i just block a bitch right now. Who asked me to give her money for valentine, this is someone who for once has never spent a dime or given me a dime.

At some point, i was the one paying for our transportation to work. And it was just a talking stage.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by Lonestar124: 7:15pm On Feb 15
Sokari29:

So she can't surprise him for once now that he is low on funds then what's d need of a relationship if it's meant for a guy alone to make sacrifices... clowns
if you don't understand the sacarsim in my post...then if you reach home tonight you call your father a clown..
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by Lonestar124: 7:19pm On Feb 15
Procashtips:

So who was ruling Nigeria when you were born?
Amebo smiley

Na ibb, are you an Amebo?

Yes or no?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by nonny1212: 7:21pm On Feb 15
Supremedrizzy:

Leave woman..

Just like we seek christ, MAKE money, and every other thing shall be added unto you!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine by Cheeryfeet: 7:21pm On Feb 15
Supremedrizzy:

Bro she is a lady. From your comments, you didn't communicate well with her. You would have communicated properly with her to make her understand you are low on funds and promise to make it up to her. If you had done that and she still gave you attitude, then that's when you would have known it's a red flag.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been Approached By Gay And Lesbian. Share Your Thought / Fans Go Gaga As Instagram Slay Queen Show Off Her Boobs / Fucking A Young Teacher In Her School After School Hours..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.