Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? (20553 Views)

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by ogele: 10:00am On Feb 18
African church is fraud.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by sylve11: 10:03am On Feb 18
babaRUNtinz:
Na every week una go dey ask this question?

Na "One Week One Trouble".

grin grin cool

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by parags(m): 10:07am On Feb 18
Bahamas95:
I stopped going because I noticed the church is littered with hypocrites, pagans are even better than most christians. Another thing is the politics going on in most churches, I am hot tempered so I avoid places I would meet toxic people because I won't hesitate to punch if provoked.

The only time I manage to go is during family thanksgiving or when I am invited to baby dedication.

I was at a neighbor's baby dedication sometime ago and the lady was sharing her testimony. I heard three ladies behind me gossiping her, I was surprised and angry at the same time. I couldn't take it any longer and turned angrily to see their ugly faces.....they were shocked and kept quiet immediately after seeing my red eyes. If not for the fear of God I would have done something terrible in that church that day.

This is the reason i didn't join workforce. The politics can really be toxic. I avoid things that will strain my relationship with God.

If you hear the inside gist from church workers about the church, it will shock you to the bone marrow. Atimes i wonder what the difference between the world and the nigeria church is. Infact, a Pastor friend of mine, who thrived and is thriving in business before he was made a pastor, told me that the business world people are much more better than people in church from his experience.
This happens because the church has focused on prosperity so much and let the issues of the heart and spirituality to rot ! They have forgotten how to shepherd the flock but are now masters in milking the flock not minding where they graze ( spiritual growth) . That is why many churches will collect tithe and offerings and donations from Thieves and murderers while giving them titles and preferential treatment .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Peppysco: 10:13am On Feb 18
Who has noticed that pastor Righteousness is no longer active around here? Baba's online marketing strategy nor work again, he don go dey preach for road.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Pickieox(m): 10:17am On Feb 18
Jamiubond009:
grin Everything inside the church is deliberate; from the music to the preaching to the theatrics.All are engineered to put you in a suggestible state so the programming and fleecing can be carried out successfully.Ever wondered why you feel different once you step out of a church premises? Spirituality is different from what obtains in a church.I commune with my Chi in my own unique way and not the template handed down to us by foreigners.Deprogram yourself and you will see things differently.

📌✅💯
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Bmaster(m): 10:18am On Feb 18
AntiChristian:
Jesus didn't go to any church like you all!
why would you expect Jesus to go to church whereas he is the foundation of every church ?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by folake4u(f): 10:19am On Feb 18
I'm a brought up Church girl but I discovered so many wrong practices in the church I worshipped my whole life. Don't get me wrong, I still love the church but from a distance now.

- I also lost out on many opportunities following the church doctrines wholeheartedly.

I haven't been to a physical church in like 4/5months. I prefer live streaming (if I can) from the comfort of my bed and it's still same recycled message.

Sigh!

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Olichoke: 10:20am On Feb 18
I will never stop going to church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Bmaster(m): 10:21am On Feb 18
accordadoga24:
Hehehe

Na Christ Embassy do me something oo

As a new member, you must attend classes and write a test/exam.

I attended my classes and passed my exam.

After I don struggle attend classes, pass exam dem say make I come pay 6500 for certificate and graduation gown.

How much dem dey print certificate for UTC and Area 10? N200.

I come dey wonder whether na the certificate angels go check for gate before dem go allow u enter paradise

Dem neva even know if new member see food chop come church.

I miss their songs and swags sha

na lie !
If you can afford them your Time by attending classes and sitting for their exams,you can equally afford giving them #6,500.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Seunpapa65: 10:22am On Feb 18
Because I found no better reason
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Haruel(m): 10:25am On Feb 18
Because many of our so called men of God and Imams are trading the word of God.
They are not bold to speak up for the suffering of the masses.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Gerrard59(m): 10:26am On Feb 18
Stopped going when I noticed none of the so-called men of god condemned the butchering of Christians in Northern Nigeria.

Gerrard59:
This pastor, just like his other pastorprenuers, whose churches have branches in only economically viable states and Abuja, has never condemned the continuous, consistent and relentlessly butchering of Christians in Northern Nigeria. In fact, no megachurch General Overseer has whispered, let alone murmured, as to why Nigeria has the highest number of slain Christians globally than even an atheist nation such as China. Meanwhile, Nigeria has some of the richest pastors in the world, and actually in Africa.

It is why I am not moved or fazed by what a Nigerian pastor of a church based in the south has to say. There is nothing they know about the Bible that I don't know. The day anyone who knows me off Nairaland sees me in a church in Southern Nigeria, know that I am there to hunt for toto to fvck. Nothing else. I will be there to hunt for beautiful, naive, and sometimes confused ladies to have sexual romps with. I will have them give me different sex styles ranging from cowgirl to missionary to reverse cowgirl to spooning. As icing on the cake, I will request for exhilarating anal rimming, then continue to a sensational BJ which will end with me cu.ming on their delightful faces then finish off with cu.mming into their mouths. After which, they swallow my hot cu.m. I rather watch paint dry off the wall than listen to whatever a so-called mOG of a church in the south has got to spew, whereas none has condemned the killing of Christians in the north.

Modafvckers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by SaLongs1(m): 10:29am On Feb 18
accordadoga24:
Hehehe

After I don struggle attend classes, pass exam dem say make I come pay 6500 for certificate and graduation gown.

I come dey wonder whether na the certificate angels go check for gate before dem go allow u enter paradise

You enter club dance and enjoy the vibes and you no wan pay membership fees?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Brenbentondiaz: 10:32am On Feb 18
accordadoga24:
Hehehe

I remember when I just joined one of these mega churches. I was already baptized and born again in my former church, but the new church insisted I must be baptized after joining them (that was around 2008). I grudgingly agreed. After baptism, I was asked to pay 500 naira for baptism certificate. I just looked them in the face and told them that was not happening. I concluded their baptism was more a fundraising gimmick. I think that should be the point I decided organized "chrisianity" is a money making circus. It's got very little to do with our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by SaLongs1(m): 10:35am On Feb 18
ogele:
African church is fraud.
Naija own worse pass the rest.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Kay25(m): 10:39am On Feb 18
AntiChristian:
Jesus is the church himself....

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Pennilessword1: 10:39am On Feb 18
Because Pastors are as corrupt as the leaders in Nigeria..and because prayer no dey work. God selects who he answers or can't help or he doesn't exist
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by folake4u(f): 10:45am On Feb 18
Gerrard59:
Stopped going when I noticed none of the so-called men of god condemned the butchering of Christians in Northern Nigeria.

It is why I am not moved or fazed by what a Nigerian pastor of a church based in the south has to say. There is nothing they know about the Bible that I don't know. The day anyone who knows me off Nairaland sees me in a church in Southern Nigeria, know that I am there to hunt for toto to fvck. Nothing else. I will be there to hunt for beautiful, naive, and sometimes confused ladies to have sexual romps with. I will have them give me different sex styles ranging from cowgirl to missionary to reverse cowgirl to spooning. As icing on the cake, I will request for exhilarating anal rimming, then continue to a sensational BJ which will end with me cu.ming on their delightful faces then finish off with cu.mming into their mouths. After which, they swallow my hot cu.m. I rather watch paint dry off the wall than listen to whatever a so-called mOG of a church in the south has got to spew, whereas none has condemned the killing of Christians in the north.

Na wa for Bro. Gerrard.

This is too explicit. cheesy
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Oseone1: 10:46am On Feb 18
cutecommend:
One needs to be careful.

Our great, powerful and beautiful RCCG should review the way pastors anoint members or lay hands on them. Members can come with their own anointing oil, receive prayers and anoint themselves. Trusted and matured pastors with good testimonies may be given more leverage to anoint and pray. But young and new pastors should do it very sparingly.
If you go to MFM, Dunamis, members bring their own anointing oil, receive prayers and anoint themselves. That does not mean there may not be occasions of one or more pastors doing anointing with oil.
Some pastors may or do not have clean spirit, and them laying hands or anointing innocent members may not do good.
During the time of Christ and the Apostles do they practise this anionting with oil?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by MrBroke(m): 10:47am On Feb 18
Religion is a man made thing. The cloud is not man made, the mountains are not man made, but religion, schools, football teams, books, cars are all man made reason they are not perfect, all invented to make help the human race with each having it's advantage and disadvantage. Humans invented God and started telling themselves he invented them. Wisdom is really scarce

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Richyfj(m): 10:47am On Feb 18
It all depend on your faith!! Believe in God not the man and it will work for you...

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by GloriousGbola: 10:48am On Feb 18
Gerrard59:

I will have them give me different sex styles ranging from cowgirl to missionary to reverse cowgirl to spooning. As icing on the cake, I will request for exhilarating anal rimming, then continue to a sensational BJ which will end with me cu.ming on their delightful faces then finish off with cu.mming into their mouths.

you need to lay off on the por-n

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Tendd: 10:49am On Feb 18
The all manners of fleecing mechanism introduced by pastors.Pastors citing chapters and verses from the bible to extort their followers and putting fear in the minds of the people to pay tithes, offering,seeds etc lest they would burn in hell,is another distaste altogether.Furthermore,the feeling of being in the midst of a crowd
that also believe the hoax and remain willing tools for the scam, despite countless evidences is hard to imagine.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by sageb: 10:50am On Feb 18
TheTravelingOne:
Because “church” is in all of us. You don’t need to go to those 4 walls or giant buildings to have church. You can commune with God for FREE. He doesn’t have a talk to me for $$, he doesn’t have a I’ll grant your prayers or blessings for $$. This is ALL free, HOPE IS FREE!!
The sooner y’all realize this, the better you’ll be in life.
Have your own personal relationship with God, at home, at the grocery store, in your car, wherever you may be. And keep it moving.
& most important. Keep your money in your pocket and use it to build your life!!! Not to buy private jets and mansions for someone who is the exact same as you. They just learned to finesse and scam to get the lifestyle they want to live.
Too many sheep around.

wow!cheesy
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by folake4u(f): 10:52am On Feb 18
GloriousGbola:

you need to lay off on the por-n

What is this😂
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by blahc007: 10:56am On Feb 18
Zchi1052:
Oyibo scammed us
They said God is white in complexion while devil is black
If you are still at this level of knowledge, Bros ur growth is stunted.....
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Willed042(m): 11:03am On Feb 18
cutecommend:
One needs to be careful.

Our great, powerful and beautiful RCCG should review the way pastors anoint members or lay hands on them. Members can come with their own anointing oil, receive prayers and anoint themselves. Trusted and matured pastors with good testimonies may be given more leverage to anoint and pray. But young and new pastors should do it very sparingly.
If you go to MFM, Dunamis, members bring their own anointing oil, receive prayers and anoint themselves. That does not mean there may not be occasions of one or more pastors doing anointing with oil.
Some pastors may or do not have clean spirit, and them laying hands or anointing innocent members may not do good.
What is the essence of going to a church were u can't trust the pastor to lay his hands upon u or the pastor becomes timid about laying his hands upon members. Priest from time immorial from Old testaments to the new are being annoited so what changes. Are tye pentecostal professors now mean the God of yesterday and his words is different from the God of today whose commandments must change to reflect the present times?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:04am On Feb 18
AntiChristian:
Yeah. You ignorant son of perdition.
I guess the temple in Jerusalem is not a church
Why did your Muhammad start facing Jerusalem to pray and why did he stop
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by ManOfSon: 11:05am On Feb 18
Most of those carrying big Bibles about in Nigeria and claiming to be Christians know absolutely nothing about the faith. Jesus wasn't even a Christian! He was an ordinary Jew who came with a different teaching. The temples he went to were Jewish temples. Those who followed his teachings would later be called Christians or followers of Christ's teachings.

LoveLeadsLand:

I'm waiting for you.

Jesus went to the synagogues and the temple, which were the equivalents of today's churches. Meanwhile, Jesus was never a Nairalander. So, why are you a Nairalander since you obviously think anything should be done exactly as Jesus did it?

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by safarifarms(m): 11:08am On Feb 18
godofuck231:
Since i discovered the white lies written in a false book

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by BigDawsNet: 11:09am On Feb 18
Can't stop going

I rather change church and go another church for specific reasons
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by safarifarms(m): 11:10am On Feb 18
Calitoscassius:
And questionable quotes and events. Events that cannot be proven that they ever happened.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Will God Punish For Abortion? The Doctors, The Government Or The Women? / Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre / Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.