Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? (20614 Views)

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by ezewealth(m): 11:10am On Feb 18
God is nature. If you believe in humanity u believe in God, if you serve humanity you serve God. Bible can never be the word of God, you can read some part to nurture your mind, Proverbs, ecc., some part are poetic eg Lamentations, palms, song of Solomon etc. some part teaches good morals, some part are evil and atrocious in the of name God, some are childish stories. The very time I stopped carrying Bible was the time I read numbers cheaper 31.
Most Christian are evil and hypocrite, no love.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by safarifarms(m): 11:12am On Feb 18
okunwaye:
because all religions and their gods are fake

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Bahamas95(m): 11:16am On Feb 18
parags:

This is the reason i didn't join workforce. The politics can really be toxic. I avoid things that will strain my relationship with God.

If you hear the inside gist from church workers about the church, it will shock you to the bone marrow. Atimes i wonder what the difference between the world and the nigeria church is. Infact, a Pastor friend of mine, who thrived and is thriving in business before he was made a pastor, told me that the business world people are much more better than people in church from his experience.
This happens because the church has focused on prosperity so much and let the issues of the heart and spirituality to rot ! They have forgotten how to shepherd the flock but are now masters in milking the flock not minding where they graze ( spiritual growth) . That is why many churches will collect tithe and offerings and donations from Thieves and murderers while giving them titles and preferential treatment .
I lost interest going to church from childhood, at my age then I noticed the preferential treatment our pastor was giving some members because they're loaded. Even tribalism takes place in church. Some members from the pastor's tribe think they're superior to others.

My mum did lots of stuffs like donations, dropping her cars for the church to use during crusades and others.

At a point things went south and she wasn't meeting up as usual and the pastor and his wife focused their attention on other members. They stopped coming to our house like before, since then I lost interest going to any church. I was regarded as a pagan in my family because whenever they talk about church I don't listen to anybody. I had issues with my mum then because every sunday morning we must battle before I go to church, and I am always the first to get home without even waiting for church to close.

I am living alone now so I got freedom to worship God in my own way, I believe in personal relationship with God. The only time I go is during family thanksgivings because of my mum. It gives her joy/pride whenever her children are around her for thanksgivings/birthday celebration.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Rukevwe999(m): 11:23am On Feb 18
How i see God has changed, and what I'm looking for, I can't find it in the Church. And I tend to feel more like a loner in the congregation because of that. Though I'm more of a humanist now I still go because of my folks.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Johilo(m): 11:27am On Feb 18
Zchi1052:
Oyibo scammed us
They said God is white in complexion while devil is black
the truth is always bitter and they ascribe any evil to black (people) Things like homosexua|s and beastiality originated from them (whites)
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by BigBashiru: 11:31am On Feb 18
folake4u:
I'm a brought up Church girl but I discovered so many wrong practices in the church I worshipped my whole life. Don't get me wrong, I still love the church but from a distance now.

- I also lost out on many opportunities following the church doctrines wholeheartedly.

I haven't been to a physical church in like 4/5months. I prefer live streaming (if I can) from the comfort of my bed and it's still same recycled message.

Sigh!

I lost out on many dating and relationship opportunities due to following church doctrine whole heartedly. Everything to them is fornication immorality. I now do church from a distance but I still love God though.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by CaptainFM1: 11:32am On Feb 18
Because churches are now operated like a club or disco. Infact I went to one church and Sunday program turn to comedian performance.

There is one pastor that was praying about Man U winning Chelsea on a church program.

The last one.... There's one that was preaching and too much sxx talk in his preaching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by BigBashiru: 11:37am On Feb 18
Johilo:
the truth is always bitter and they ascribe any evil to black (people) Things like homosexua|s and beastiality originated from them (whites)

Western europe is the headquarters of lucifer on earth. Quote me anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by UnknownQueen(f): 11:37am On Feb 18
Bahamas95:
I stopped going because I noticed the church is littered with hypocrites, pagans are even better than most christians. Another thing is the politics going on in most churches, I am hot tempered so I avoid places I would meet toxic people because I won't hesitate to punch if provoked.

The only time I manage to go is during family thanksgiving or when I am invited to baby dedication.

I was at a neighbor's baby dedication sometime ago and the lady was sharing her testimony. I heard three ladies behind me gossiping her, I was surprised and angry at the same time. I couldn't take it any longer and turned angrily to see their ugly faces.....they were shocked and kept quiet immediately after seeing my red eyes. If not for the fear of God I would have done something terrible in that church that day.

Is it safe to say that you're a toxic human

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Osidazz19: 11:38am On Feb 18
accordadoga24:
Hehehe

Na Christ Embassy do me something oo

As a new member, you must attend classes and write a test/exam.

I attended my classes and passed my exam.

After I don struggle attend classes, pass exam dem say make I come pay 6500 for certificate and graduation gown.

How much dem dey print certificate for UTC and Area 10? N200.

I come dey wonder whether na the certificate angels go check for gate before dem go allow u enter paradise

Dem neva even know if new member see food chop come church.

I miss their songs and swags sha

Pure business ventures. Nothing more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by davit: 11:39am On Feb 18
accordadoga24:
Hehehe

Na Christ Embassy do me something oo

As a new member, you must attend classes and write a test/exam.

I attended my classes and passed my exam.

After I don struggle attend classes, pass exam dem say make I come pay 6500 for certificate and graduation gown.

How much dem dey print certificate for UTC and Area 10? N200.

I come dey wonder whether na the certificate angels go check for gate before dem go allow u enter paradise

Dem neva even know if new member see food chop come church.

I miss their songs and swags sha

Wow shocked
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by lexy2014: 11:41am On Feb 18
cutecommend:
One needs to be careful.

Our great, powerful and beautiful RCCG should review the way pastors anoint members or lay hands on them. Members can come with their own anointing oil, receive prayers and anoint themselves. Trusted and matured pastors with good testimonies may be given more leverage to anoint and pray. But young and new pastors should do it very sparingly.
If you go to MFM, Dunamis, members bring their own anointing oil, receive prayers and anoint themselves. That does not mean there may not be occasions of one or more pastors doing anointing with oil.
Some pastors may or do not have clean spirit, and them laying hands or anointing innocent members may not do good.

Does RCcG have an account on nairaland?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by hansomb: 11:42am On Feb 18
Jamiubond009:
grin Everything inside the church is deliberate; from the music to the preaching to the theatrics.All are engineered to put you in a suggestible state so the programming and fleecing can be carried out successfully.Ever wondered why you feel different once you step out of a church premises? Spirituality is different from what obtains in a church.I commune with my Chi in my own unique way and not the template handed down to us by foreigners.Deprogram yourself and you will see things differently.
yeah, especially that keyboard 🎹🎹 playing in background when preaching is going. It made to aroused negatives spirits
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by folake4u(f): 11:42am On Feb 18
BigBashiru:

I lost out on many dating and relationship opportunities due to following church doctrine whole heartedly. Everything to them is fornication immorality. I now do church from a distance but I still love God though.

Awww, I can imagine.

Mine was international stuff. I had applied for a role to be a Vice President for a student body representing Nigeria, I did interview with the owners of the brand and I was appointed Vice President.
I was barely 18/19 or so.

So my church somewhat found out and said I was doing "worldy" stuff and told me to resign as Vice President. That Christians should be "only heavenly bound and focused". grin

Mumu me then resigned oh. The partners were dumbfounded and told me to reconsider my stance but I couldn't.

I still regret doing that because that association was a leveller for me and opened opportunities for students to go abroad and represent Nigeria in competitions.

They wanted to try another method two years ago and when I didn't succumb, the Pastor said he'd stop praying for me and that I've yielded to the devil. You go fear emotional blackmail. cheesy

Never again sha. I'm older and wiser.

And yeahhhhh about the fornication part. My church will announce the names of people who had sex and tell them to stand up and leave the church. Trust hypocritical Christians in church that day giving them bad eye.

I really found it cringey.

Yep. I do church from a distance bruh. I'd serve God from the comfort of my bed.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Broveens42(m): 11:43am On Feb 18
Zchi1052:
Oyibo scammed us
They said God is white in complexion while devil is black

What made me stop going to church?
Self discovery/enlightenment

There was one calender we saw in our Sunday school showing a white Jesus stabbing a black human with a tail and face of a goat or something.
I grew up with that mentality that anything black means evil.
But what really made me stop going to church was similarites of their double standards with the government.
Trust me, if the church(man made or not) had one standard, I wouldn't mind paying plenty cash as tithe.
Same thing plays out in my daily activities. If I discover I belong to an association of double standards, I won't waste time withdrawing my membership.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by wirinet(m): 11:43am On Feb 18
[quote author=safarifarms post=128514672][/quote]

THEISM IS RATIONAL
Given enough time an old bearded Jewish man will magically create himself from nothing and then create the universe.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by rexesq(m): 11:45am On Feb 18
cutecommend:
One needs to be careful.

Some pastors may or do not have clean spirit, and them laying hands or anointing innocent members may not do good.

Identify those and purify them.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by NigerianAngelo(m): 11:51am On Feb 18
AntiChristian:
Jesus didn't go to any church like you all!

Lk 4:16: "And He went to the Synagogue, according to His custom, on the Sabbath day."

Acts 7:20: "On the first day of the week [Sunday] we gathered together to break bread."
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by safarifarms(m): 11:54am On Feb 18
wirinet:

THEISM IS RATIONAL
Given enough time an old bearded Jewish man will magically create himself from nothing and then create the universe.

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by rollywise(m): 11:55am On Feb 18
AntiChristian:

Coz he was around on earth. He preached in synagogues even while on earth. But while he left, he gave a commandment that we shouldn't forsake the gathering of the brethren. Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by asiga(m): 11:56am On Feb 18
I found out that church is complete fraud in Nigeria. RCCG, Living Faith, Dunamis, Salvation Ministries, all these groups are fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by wirinet(m): 12:05pm On Feb 18
[quote author=safarifarms post=128515275][/quote]
Here we go again (where is that face-palm emoji?).
Bringing up unrelated and irrelevant topics on subjects you know absolute nothing about.
The horseshoe crab had not evolved over hundreds of millions of years because it did not need to. It lived in the same habitat eating the same food, with the same threats. Environment, food, threats, are the main driving force of evolution. Just like phones, Nokia 3310 is still available today even though we have 5 G phones.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Calitoscassius(m): 12:06pm On Feb 18
[quote author=safarifarms post=128514649][/quote] Okay, what da fork does this shit mean? Does it even mean anything?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by judedwriter(m): 12:09pm On Feb 18
AntiChristian:

He is the head of the church. The church isn't a house but a body of believers bought and washed by the blood of Jesus.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by SoNature(m): 12:11pm On Feb 18
AntiChristian:
Ordinarily, I shouldn't be responding to this moniker but I have to set the records straight.

Our Lord Jesus Christ didn't go to church regularly because He is God Himself.

However, He personally went to church some times to observe what worshippers would often do there.

That was when He praised a widow who gave her mite and destroyed the businesses of traders transacting in church.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Johilo(m): 12:15pm On Feb 18
BigBashiru:

Western europe is the headquarters of lucifer on earth. Quote me anywhere.
there's no doubt in that
You're right sir
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by safarifarms(m): 12:21pm On Feb 18
wirinet:

Here we go again (where is that face-palm emoji?).
Bringing up unrelated and irrelevant topics on subjects you know absolute nothing about.
The horseshoe crab had not evolved over hundreds of millions of years because it did not need to. It lived in the same habitat eating the same food, with the same threats. Environment, food, threats, are the main driving force of evolution. Just like phones, Nokia 3310 is still available today even though we have 5 G phones.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by dNortherner(m): 12:22pm On Feb 18
AntiChristian:
Mash'Allah! I wonder where they see that part.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Coronavirus1: 12:22pm On Feb 18
Because God is everywhere how can people go to church from Sunday to Sunday why not just pray in your house.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by dNortherner(m): 12:25pm On Feb 18
[quote author=safarifarms post=128514672][/quote]If all are fake pal, mine is not. Islam is not a fake religion.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Strafudeen: 12:25pm On Feb 18
Denominations are not of God
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by dNortherner(m): 12:28pm On Feb 18
BigBashiru:

As you still have faith in God almighty, then come to mosque.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine / 8 Great Lessons From 8 Great Men Of God. / What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.