Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,907 members, 7,810,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) (64018 Views)

BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction / How Lucrative Is Selling Of Cement? / Dangote Crashes Cement Online Sales Price, Signs On Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Judolisco(m): 1:40pm On Feb 18
money121:
He bought 10bags of cement at rate of #700

Mean 1 bag #70 shocked shocked

Do you think is possible to happen again in nigeria?

fergie001, Mynd44, OAM4J Seun Nlfpmod
d value of 700 naira back then was high, I don't know how u guys don't get simple stuffs....

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by robosky02(m): 1:41pm On Feb 18

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Btruth: 1:42pm On Feb 18
metaluterus:
I bought Dangote cement 8,500 Naira today

Next year it will be 100,000K per bag of cement

prophet of doom.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by riches4me(m): 1:44pm On Feb 18
Is it possible for you to earn 2000naira per month again?

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by ZombiePUNISHER: 1:45pm On Feb 18
delpee:

The reality is that none of the contestants could have done better. The ditch has been dug so deep by the last government.

Here comes the person who brought in the last government..

he's here to supervise the final burial
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Jagaban2012: 1:45pm On Feb 18
Artscollection:

This one go be pure ekuke!!! I don't hate or look down on ekuke dog anyway.

You have spoken like your types at Awoyaya....who believe that by building a block of flat..ranked them among the wealthy....set awon strugglers
Oloriburuku somebody....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by skywalker001(m): 1:45pm On Feb 18
https://money-easilydoq.buzz/42010070436407

CLICK AND REGISTER WITH THE LINK AND MAKE MONEY ONLINE...
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by ThunderFireAgba: 1:46pm On Feb 18
Jagaban2012:

Shoe get size....you a local breed ..I'm an international breed...I can see the kitchen you call the building......in the village of a blind people one - eye man is their village king.... perhaps nah Mowe Ofada...or Samgotedo, Awoyaya of Ilorin...or even Kaduna...house nah house...

perhaps you are not part of those to whom EFCC may pay a visit shortly...

Oga show us your house stop talking trash. Mugu!!!
Generational poverty is dealing with your family.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by joseph1832(m): 1:46pm On Feb 18
money121:

well a bag of Cement as far back as 2017 was 2500 Naira, and n8gerians still complained
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 1:46pm On Feb 18
money121:

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Eriokanmi: 1:47pm On Feb 18
Richtaiwo:
Well, not by any chance supporting the current situation of the country, but this comparison no follow at all. If you go backward to let's say 1980, the cost of a bag of cement may even be less than N20. Minimum wage now is 30k, which is being reviewed. What was the average earnings in 1992? Even in the US, where you all take as model, prices of commodities in the nineties are not the same today. Global inflation is the word. As I said, I'm not by any chance supporting the current harsh situation in Nigeria but that comparison is off track.
Global inflation is real but the type Nigeria is facing is leadership-push inflation. Go to cotonou, a bag of rice 3 or 4 years ago is almost the same today. We used to change 1,000 naira for 10,000 cfa before entering cotonou just a few years back. Today, 10,000 naira is less than 5,500 cfa. How do you explain this?

4 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Kay25(m): 1:48pm On Feb 18
Jagaban2012:

Daddy's boy... It is high time you take responsibility for your life and stop sharing what your daddy has achieved...

Your mate dey build estate within a Year and you are still here sharing nonsense.....

U don build one urself

5 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Jagaban2012: 1:50pm On Feb 18
paskal16:
olodo rapata see this iragbiji fool wey dey live for kwara slum dey talk lmao

How does Iragbiji and Kwara meet....
If I relocate to Kwara state.....I would be living in mansion....but you.....the hunger you are battling with will last for ever...
..All these irrational b_stard who think that holding the keypad of their cheap china phone can throw nonsense on the internet.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Procashtips(m): 1:51pm On Feb 18
Asura:
That 34k is like 60+ million naira in today's Nigeria

Small small Na

It was for roofing.

He uses ₦60m to roof?
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Procashtips(m): 1:52pm On Feb 18
Boldideas:

Hmm.... aah.. Do you know the value of N700 of that time? That 700box was a lot of money bro!!! A Honda accord brand new was sold for N5,000 in 1982. A cartoon of peak milk liquid was N18.00

Land sold for ₦500 upwards in the 80s
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Nigerianxpress: 1:52pm On Feb 18
Oga shut up your mouth, you asked for his building in don show you, where is yours, you just dey explain.
Jagaban2012:

Dangote doesn't need to brag about his wealth for the world to see..the fact speaks for itself... it's a local breed like you who brag about the kitchen.....Perhaps nah part of your father rent or property you sold to buy it
Local champion of Awoyaya, Ibeju Lekki, Abeokuta, Sagamu....keep reigning in your local way....youlast...

4 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Bluntemperor: 1:52pm On Feb 18
Oga leave that one,things are moving forward and real Economy will never be static e g- did your dad experienced the Economic/ Shares Meltdown of1998,the Covid-19 destroyed many beutiful lives,many great CEO have died- with Tears and Sorrows and the hyper-inflationary in Nigeria Market today, including Security Threats - will soon be over ,as part of the challenges the Masses are facing!
It has come and it will go and becomes history!
It is well with Nigeria!
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Jagaban2012: 1:53pm On Feb 18
Kay25:

U don build one urself

I'm not at par with your father who has no landed property written in his name...
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by onuman: 1:53pm On Feb 18
Buhari become president; one of his earlest thing he did was double the price of cement. Dango smiled to the banks. Aboki does not use too much
Cement price never came down since then.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by omoyeni37: 1:53pm On Feb 18
In early 2000s, cement was 600 naira.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by paskal16: 1:53pm On Feb 18
Jagaban2012:

I live in kwara state I'm living in a slum....the hunger I'm battling with will last for ever...
.I am an irrational b_astard who think that holding the keypad with my cheap china phone can throw nonsense on the internet.....
fixed it for you okay
May your sufferings last for your generations to come iseeeeeee

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Jagaban2012: 1:55pm On Feb 18
Nigerianxpress:
Oga shut up your mouth, you asked for his building in don show you, where is yours, you just dey explain.

Bird of the same feather....flock together...set awon local breed.....
I guess he is your leader and village king ..in Awoyaya.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Nigerianxpress: 1:56pm On Feb 18
You go explain tire Agbado muncher
Jagaban2012:

Bird of the same feather....flock together...set awon local breed.....
I guess he is your leader and village king ..in Awoyaya.....

5 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by crixlight2(m): 1:57pm On Feb 18
money121:
All is well
So funny at that time many people still can’t build or afford land , even if they reverse the cement price back to 70 naira , some people will still unable to afford it. Make God provide and help us

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by MadamExcellency: 1:58pm On Feb 18
Notice that the bricklayer will collect N700, the same for the cost of ten bags of cement while labourers collect N200.

This is the relative ratio of wages to the cost of living.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by azpekuliar: 1:59pm On Feb 18
Richtaiwo:
Well, not by any chance supporting the current situation of the country, but this comparison no follow at all. If you go backward to let's say 1980, the cost of a bag of cement may even be less than N20. Minimum wage now is 30k, which is being reviewed. What was the average earnings in 1992? Even in the US, where you all take as model, prices of commodities in the nineties are not the same today. Global inflation is the word. As I said, I'm not by any chance supporting the current harsh situation in Nigeria but that comparison is off track.

Inflation in Nigeria is 29%? Is that the same rate in US as well? I went too far, Benin Republic next door. Comedian.

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Shantyken(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18
money121:

Nope, considering availability of raw materials, cost of production
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Jagaban2012: 2:01pm On Feb 18
paskal16:

.I am an irrational b_astard who think that holding the keypad with my cheap china phone can throw nonsense on the internet.....i.used to be a thief around Oshodi...now I'm an armed robber along third mainland bridge.....I rob banks and phone for survival....and I also eat leftover food in the garbage.....the last time I was arrested I spent 5 years at Kirikiri Maximum Prison...and I broke the prison....I'm also a highway car snatchers....Once I snatch car on the highway...I carry them to.Contomou to sell

iseeeeeee
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by IbeOkehie: 2:01pm On Feb 18
money121:

I'm curious. Was that list for your father's own building project or was he executing a contract for someone else? Pure curiosity on my part.

Thanks for posting this, it's the kind of commentary we need on this forum. Real history.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Shantyken(m): 2:02pm On Feb 18
azpekuliar:

Inflation in Nigeria is 29%? Is that the same rate in US as well?

US use more than 100 yrs take pass nigeria from date of independence.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by azpekuliar: 2:03pm On Feb 18
Shantyken:

US use more than 100 yrs take pass nigeria from date of independence.

Benin Republic too?
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Jagaban2012: 2:03pm On Feb 18
Nigerianxpress:
You go explain tire Agbado muncher

Set awon IPOb wanderer...

BiaFraUDn republic or nothing...

Your leader has turned into a monkey in prison....may his jail term last forever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa / First Bank Reacts To Failed Robbery Incident At Abuja Branch / Entrepreneurship Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.