Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth (1730 Views)

I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies / Lady Exposes Pastor Tunde Olawuni After Sex, For Refusing To Pay N10k (Photos) / Lady Accuses Man Of Rape For Refusing To Stop After She Came During Sex (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by vicvan: 1:49pm On Feb 18
https://anthonyex.com/5-genius-ways-to-make-money-from-home-using-ai/

I (33 f) have been married to my husband (36 m) for 7 years. A little over 5 years ago I got pregnant with our son. Long story short on that it was a terrible time for me. The pregnancy was rough on me and on top of that my husband demanded a pregnancy test. He kept trying to say he didn't think I would cheat on him but he 'needed to be sure'. It destroyed me emotionally and it didn't get better after our son was born and he got the proof he needed. I asked him to go to marriage counseling with me he told me no because it was my issue I needed to get over.

So, I asked him for just therapy for me and he said no because I just needed to get over it and we didn't have the money for it. I hated him for the first year of my sons life. Like with a burning passion. However, I learned about meditation and mindfulness and over time my hatred dissipated and I just felt indifferent towards him. I didn't love him anymore but I didn't hate him. I wanted a divorce but my family and his family convinced me it would be better to stay for my son and I did for him.

My relationship with my husband, if you could call it that was fine. I still did everything I was suppose to as a wife. I cooked, cleaned, and let him use my body to get off whenever he wanted. I just saw it as a chore that I needed to do. I thought everything was going fine, our son just started going to Kindergarten and I have been looking for a job while son is at school, I even started working out again. Now the problem is my husband came to me and said he wanted another baby. I laughed because I thought he was joking but he was serious.

I told him that I wouldn't have a baby with someone that I didn't love and he was shocked. He told me that he had no idea that I didn't love him Which was ridiculous to me because in the past 5 years I stopped wearing my wedding ring and have never said I love you to him. We didn't do anything together no date nights, didn't exchange any gifts for any occasion. We were just living like roommates who had sex some times.

Now, he wants to do counseling and all this stuff to save our marriage and I just don't want to or see the point. Am I at fault?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by Hezzyluv: 1:52pm On Feb 18
Too much wahala in marriages.

Some people selling motivational books like "ESSY WAY TO BE RICH", but they themselves are poor, even the marriage counselors have their own marriage problems, they're just pretending all is well.

Anyway, madam, to make your marriage work, dey your hands!

2 Likes

Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by dawnomike(m): 2:22pm On Feb 18
vicvan:

I (33 f) have been married to my husband (36 m) for 7 years. A little over 5 years ago I got pregnant with our son. Long story short on that it was a terrible time for me. The pregnancy was rough on me and on top of that my husband demanded a pregnancy test. He kept trying to say he didn't think I would cheat on him but he 'needed to be sure'. It destroyed me emotionally and it didn't get better after our son was born and he got the proof he needed. I asked him to go to marriage counseling with me he told me no because it was my issue I needed to get over.

So, I asked him for just therapy for me and he said no because I just needed to get over it and we didn't have the money for it. I hated him for the first year of my sons life. Like with a burning passion. However, I learned about meditation and mindfulness and over time my hatred dissipated and I just felt indifferent towards him. I didn't love him anymore but I didn't hate him. I wanted a divorce but my family and his family convinced me it would be better to stay for my son and I did for him.

My relationship with my husband, if you could call it that was fine. I still did everything I was suppose to as a wife. I cooked, cleaned, and let him use my body to get off whenever he wanted. I just saw it as a chore that I needed to do. I thought everything was going fine, our son just started going to Kindergarten and I have been looking for a job while son is at school, I even started working out again. Now the problem is my husband came to me and said he wanted another baby. I laughed because I thought he was joking but he was serious.

I told him that I wouldn't have a baby with someone that I didn't love and he was shocked. He told me that he had no idea that I didn't love him Which was ridiculous to me because in the past 5 years I stopped wearing my wedding ring and have never said I love you to him. We didn't do anything together no date nights, didn't exchange any gifts for any occasion. We were just living like roommates who had sex some times.

Now, he wants to do counseling and all this stuff to save our marriage and I just don't want to or see the point. Am I at fault?
You're not at fault... Vut your marriage is worth saving since he's now willing.
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by Pierohandsome: 2:30pm On Feb 18
Marriage is a good thing to live in.

But sincerely, any day my wife wakes up and open her mouth to tell me she no longer loves me, that will be the day the marriage will end, I'll throw her out immediately without looking back.

I don't think any man should fight to keep a woman, if she doesn't want the union anymore, please kick her out, simple

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by Klinxmanz(m): 2:32pm On Feb 18
Hezzyluv:
Too much wahala in marriages.

Like some people selling motivational books like "ESSY WAY TO BE RICH", but they themselves are poor, even the marriage counselors have their own marriage problems, they're just pretending all is well.
This guy here just killed it!
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by DeathToSimps: 2:40pm On Feb 18
vicvan:

You are a wicked woman and God will judge you.
Satan wife.

2 Likes

Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by DeathToSimps: 2:41pm On Feb 18
Pierohandsome:

But sincerely, any day my wife wakes up and open her mouth to tell me she no longer loves me, that will be the day the marriage will end, I'll throw her out immediately without looking back.

I don't think any man should fight to keep a woman, if she doesn't want the union anymore, please kick her out, simple

Exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by TheZeezle(m): 2:54pm On Feb 18
Ode u better agree now before u go jam another married man. No single boy would fall in love with u oo

2 Likes

Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by Dynamicscholar: 2:56pm On Feb 18
First of all, Do you love him before your marriage. I don't think so cause if you actually loved him you won't keep grudges in you for that long. I can't hate someone I sleep with, wake with, eat together and do a lot together for one week talk less of five years.

Even the man was surprised when u said you've stopped loving him for that long though it can't be me cause I will notice the very moment u changed. it is obvious that u are the only that have been in pains for that long and now that he agreed to see a counselor he is afraid knowing fully well that a husband is a living corpse anyday his wife stop loving him.

My Advice: Try to make things work and if after the counseling you don't have a different feeling for him or things are not going as it suppose to, kindly file a divorce to save you and the man. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by jadyclem(m): 4:35pm On Feb 18
You told your husband you don't love him anymore and he wants you guys to go for counseling?
What a very stupid and insecure man! If I was in his shoes I'll be very glad to let you go. Openly telling me you don't love me is the end of whatever bond we have. The sooner men starts treating entitled and thriffling women like they truly deserve, the better the society will be for everyone.
Marriage that can't give you as a man peace and some form of comfort is a waste of time, energy and resources.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by Sonnobax15(m): 4:52pm On Feb 18
lipsrsealed
A man living under the same roof with a who claims to be his wife and the same time claim not to be in love with him shocked. Your husband must be playing with his life..........

Well,it's left for him to gather his balls together and do what's best for him because I see no reason of having another kid with a woman who can't simply let bygones be bygones angry

Madam,if you can't spread your legs in such a way that a baby will be formed,why not kuku let go off the man? angry
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by anthonyuncle(m): 5:15pm On Feb 18
Kukuma leave him and the house.

You can't be with a man you call a husband, see sex as a chore, and perform your responsibilities as a task.

Look inwards and see if you gave him reasons to suspect you in the beginning.
People grow in marriage.
Everyone wasn't perfect or ready for marriage when they got married.
Neither were all in love when they did.
Your husband seems like one of such.
Flip the table and if you were on the other side, how would you feel.

For your own sake, you better leave now or change.
This your stance will only favour you at the present.
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by KillingJoke: 8:46pm On Feb 18
la click la rope

Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by vicvan: 12:31am On Feb 19
vicvan:

Most people are just terrible husbands or husbands-to-be. Read the paragraph below again; hia

"Long story short on that it was a terrible time for me. The pregnancy was rough on me and on top of that my husband demanded a pregnancy test. He kept trying to say he didn't think I would cheat on him but he 'needed to be sure'. It destroyed me emotionally and it didn't get better after our son was born and he got the proof he needed. I asked him to go to marriage counseling with me he told me no because it was my issue I needed to get over. So, I asked him for just therapy for me and he said no"
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:00pm On Feb 19
vicvan:

Op isn't at fault
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:02pm On Feb 19
jadyclem:
You told your husband you don't love him anymore and he wants you guys to go for counseling?
What a very stupid and insecure man! If I was in his shoes I'll be very glad to let you go. Openly telling me you don't love me is the end of whatever bond we have. The sooner men starts treating entitled and thriffling women like they truly deserve, the better the society will be for everyone.
Marriage that can't give you as a man peace and some form of comfort is a waste of time, energy and resources.
so you ignored the rest of that writeup. She has checked herself out of the marriage.
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:03pm On Feb 19
anthonyuncle:
Kukuma leave him and the house.

You can't be with a man you call a husband, see sex as a chore, and perform your responsibilities as a task.

Look inwards and see if you gave him reasons to suspect you in the beginning.
People grow in marriage.
Everyone wasn't perfect or ready for marriage when they got married.
Neither were all in love when they did.
Your husband seems like one of such.
Flip the table and if you were on the other side, how would you feel.

For your own sake, you better leave now or change.
This your stance will only favour you at the present.
I hope you know that it takes resources to leave a marriage
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by anthonyuncle(m): 6:24pm On Feb 19
DrFunmisticGlow:
I hope you know that it takes resources to leave a marriage

Are they up to the resources of hope the man has on her?
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by tochez24(m): 9:38am On Feb 20
vicvan:

I understand your plight my dear and you're not at fault too⚠️

Most men these days including me will go for DNA test not because they don't trust their women, it's just to be sure and nothing more.... I mean we all have seen uncountable cases where men trained kids that weren't theirs. So we are just playing safe now😔

So logically your husband is right to demand for DNA, but he's wrong emotionally... Well we men are all logical beings and not emotional like women. So we always tend to piss you women off😁😅😅

If you can, try to see things from his perspective sometimes and place a balance in your judgement... I bet you, your marriage will last long✅✅

Now your husband is willing to mend your marriage, i think is a good sign you should capitalize on... Just follow him up and try to love him again regardless what has happened in the past, marriage no easy, ask your parents make dem tell you wetin they pass through🙂

Nothing dey streets o it's wise you hold unto your husband and your marriage very tight o

We singles don see shege pro max😪😪

1 Like

Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by jadyclem(m): 5:56pm On Feb 20
DrFunmisticGlow:
so you ignored the rest of that writeup. She has checked herself out of the marriage.

The man is a mumu for wanting to go on counseling with someone that has already "checked herself out of the marriage" like you said.
A woman telling you she no longer loves you as a man should quench whatever interest you have in her. She should become a stranger to you and be treated as such the moment she opens her mouth to tell you that.

Men need to understand that they deserve better
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:27pm On Feb 20
jadyclem:

The man is a mumu for wanting to go on counseling with someone that has already "checked herself out of the marriage" like you said.
A woman telling you she no longer loves you as a man should quench whatever interest you have in her. She should become a stranger to you and be treated as such the moment she opens her mouth to tell you that.

Men need to understand that they deserve better
The man landed himself in his present pot of soup, he is responsible for his misfortune and his destroying his marriage himself.
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by dkidd: 8:46pm On Feb 20
jadyclem:
Ma nigga 💯 🙌
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by jadyclem(m): 10:06pm On Feb 20
DrFunmisticGlow:
The man landed himself in his present pot of soup, he is responsible for his misfortune and his destroying his marriage himself.
The man did nothing wrong to me o. What's wrong in conducting a DNA on ur child to be sure it's truly yours?
The only wrong he did was entertaining her nonchalant behavior and allowing her seem like she has the upper hand in the relationship.
Have you noticed that women always try to make things work and be in their best behavior when the man care less whether their relationship with her work or not?

Place a woman on a pedestal and she'll think she's better and deserves more. Weak men are very annoying people. They're the ones that empower such type of nonsense behaviors
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:34am On Feb 21
jadyclem:

The man did nothing wrong to me o. What's wrong in conducting a DNA on ur child to be sure it's truly yours?
The only wrong he did was entertaining her nonchalant behavior and allowing her seem like she has the upper hand in the relationship.
Have you noticed that women always try to make things work and be in their best behavior when the man care less whether their relationship with her work or not?

Place a woman on a pedestal and she'll think she's better and deserves more. Weak men are very annoying people. They're the ones that empower such type of nonsense behaviors
It's like you being falsely accused of raping a person and being tried at court only to later be found innocent, meanwhile damage has been done and some people still think you are a rapist.

If you don't trust the woman who you disvirgined, then you are the issue.. You might as well have not gotten her pregnant. Why did you ejaculate in an untrustworthy person. Shows that the man is truly disingenuous, irrational and emotional in his thinking.
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:39am On Feb 21
jadyclem:
I agree that he is a stupid and insecure man. His stupidity qnd insecurity made him demand a DNA test from his virgin bride. It also made him fail to see an issue in the horizon when she reached out to him for help with the way his actions made her feel, thereby killing the trust and love in the marriage.

I don't see what the woman has done wrong here at all. The man bleeped up, he lacks responsibility and is failing to hold himself accountable for his role in this. Now you men are advocating that he divorces her, hiding his head like an ostrich in the sand. Even if he gets a new woman I guarantee that the same issue of his stupidity and insecurity will ruin the 2nd relationship.
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by NEUDUDE: 7:48am On Feb 21
My own question is why do women go ahead and marry men they dont love and then start to complain about it are you sick or something. If you dont love the man in the first place. Leave him the fvck alone.

Its common sense but still not common

So what do you want us to do now our dear baby factory, go and perform your marital duties jare and let us hear word grin angry.

With all the paternity fraud that is going here and about he should not conduct DNA becos you said so respectfully your head is not correct
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by ExudeLoveToAll: 7:55am On Feb 21
Pierohandsome:

I really don't know why women do this all the time, I don't think I can't this emotional turmoil from any lady. I share your opinion though, it's really nasty to hear those words. See the kinds of words she is using against the man she is sharing life issues with, degrading to say the least.

I don't love you anymore, I want to have a divorce, I don't feel this marriage again, this is why every man must make sure their partners invest financially and otherwise in the marriage because a woman who has invested so heavily in the marriage can't wake and say those rubbish because she knows what she stand to loose.

1 Like

Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:08am On Feb 21
DrFunmisticGlow:
It's like you being falsely accused of raping a person and being tried at court only to later be found innocent, meanwhile damage has been done and some people still think you are a rapist.

If you don't trust the woman who you disvirgined, then you are the issue.. You might as well have not gotten her pregnant. Why did you ejaculate in an untrustworthy person. Shows that the man is truly disingenuous, irrational and emotional in his thinking.

Your analogy is wrong. Women will never accept DNA in this modern world, the more DNA discussion are made the more partenity fraud skyrockets. DNA testing now is like confirming if a woman is really pregnant because women have made it so. The sooner women see it as norm now the better for their mental health, that's not the men's fault they brought this up on themselves.
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:11am On Feb 21
DrFunmisticGlow:
I agree that he is a stupid and insecure man. His stupidity qnd insecurity made him demand a DNA test from his virgin bride. It also made him fail to see an issue in the horizon when she reached out to him for help with the way his actions made her feel, thereby killing the trust and love in the marriage.

I don't see what the woman has done wrong here at all. The man bleeped up, he lacks responsibility and is failing to hold himself accountable for his role in this. Now you men are advocating that he divorces her, hiding his head like an ostrich in the sand. Even if he gets a new woman I guarantee that the same issue of his stupidity and insecurity will ruin the 2nd relationship.

Remove insecurities, a word women bring up when men want to hold them accountable.

Accountability and responsibilities are alien words to most women.
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:33am On Feb 21
ExudeLoveToAll:

Remove insecurities, a word women bring up when men want to hold them accountable.

Accountability and responsibilities are alien words to most women.
This comment makes me suspect that you may be harboring delusions. You want to advice for the man to scatter his marriage. Misery truly loves company.
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by NEUDUDE: 12:49pm On Feb 21
I think this woman is cheating and shes leveraging the DNA thingy as a way out. Shes even surprised the child is his and scared silly as it stands. To the man you can do better give her a divorce and be done with it. At least kid is yours, make that a priority and dont look back
Re: Am I wrong for refusing marriage counseling when my husband suddenly wants anoth by DrFunmisticGlow: 12:59pm On Feb 21
NEUDUDE:
I think this woman is cheating and shes leveraging the DNA thingy as a way out. Shes even surprised the child is his and scared silly as it stands. To the man you can do better give her a divorce and be done with it. At least kid is yours, make that a priority and dont look back
I think the man was cheating in the first place. That's why he demanded a DNA test. Guilty conscience.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Before You Marry That Yellow Pawpaw Without Brain. Read This / What Do Girls Normally Jist Amongst Themselves About Guys? / Help Help Please:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.