Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,917 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce (42917 Views)

A Yahooboy Wants To Marry My Daughter. What Should I Do? Elderly Man Asks (vid) / Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / Kenyan Puts Up His Kidney For Sale To Raise Money For His Brother’s School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by JayTripz(m): 6:44pm On Feb 19
Omooooooooo grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by nairalanda1(m): 6:44pm On Feb 19
grin

OLD NEWS...VERY OLD NEWS...FROM 2009.

This is how the case was settled...

VIde the New York Post.

WIFE WINS KIDNEY DIVORCE CLAIM
By Social Links for Selim Algar
Published Feb. 26, 2009, 6:53 a.m. ET

It was kidney failure.

A Nassau County court official yesterday tossed a Long Island surgeon’s demand that his estranged wife return the organ he donated to her or fork over the $1.5 million he thinks it’s worth.

Dr. Richard Batista had sought to classify the kidney as a marital asset during a bitter divorce battle with his spouse, Dawnell Batista.

But in a 10-page decision, matrimonial referee Jeffrey Grob ruled that the kidney was a gift and suggested that the doctor may have committed a crime in trying to get money for a bodily organ.

“The defendant’s effort to pursue and extract monetary compensation therefore not only runs afoul of the statutory prescription, but conceivably may expose the defendant to criminal prosecution,” Grob said.

“We are pleased with the decision,” said the wife’s attorney, Douglas Rothkopf. “Human organs are not commodities that can be bought or sold.”

A statement from the office of Dominic Barbara, the doctor’s attorney, claimed victory because the decision allowed the sacrifice of organ donation to be taken into account when divvying up their assets
Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by goodconsience77: 6:44pm On Feb 19
This gender are the most wicked species and inhuman being. I rest my case

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Patojargz: 6:44pm On Feb 19
Matters on Matters

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Murphyericho: 6:47pm On Feb 19
The woman should return the kidney fast fast or else we association of organ harvester will harvest the woman organ with cutlass

3 Likes

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by lexy2014: 6:47pm On Feb 19
$1.5m is even too small for a kidney that is sustaining her life

6 Likes

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Golan007: 6:47pm On Feb 19
She must return his kidney.

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by aderinsola75355: 6:48pm On Feb 19
I can never sacrifice for the evil gender only mumI can never sacrifice for the evil gender only mum...

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by PureFace1(m): 6:48pm On Feb 19
To a woman there's nothing like love lol only benefits and what they can gain.

This should be a lesson for those Stupid simps that think if they worship pvssy or prove their love in every way to a woman she will love them back. It just doesn't work that way, this creature are configure different.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by dalass(f): 6:49pm On Feb 19
She get mind sha. At least, his kidney is still inside you grin

But I hope the husband wasn't gloating or illtreating the wife because of the kidney

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by aestake: 6:50pm On Feb 19
eddynaira125:
This Matters get as e be o
Cheating on borrowed kidney, kai.

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by aestake: 6:51pm On Feb 19
dalass:
She get mind sha. At least, his kidney is still inside you grin

But I hope the husband wasn't gloating or illtreating the wife because of the kidney
Na man fault always nao.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by hopexter(m): 6:51pm On Feb 19
Nice one grin! If she withdraws the divorce due to your demands then you’ll file a fresh one and stick to your demands like this year’s motto angry angry

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by fredoooooo: 6:51pm On Feb 19
Oosha bole gbemi , semi boose bami ..
Women get mind sha, and you go dey nack another person with the guy kidney inside you grin cheesy grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by geoworldedu: 6:51pm On Feb 19
spiSeyi:
Another SIMP has been used and dumped, women are known to be betrayals right from time. The only creature that betrayed Man & God 4 a serpent should be handled logically.
Never deal with any woman emotionally nah wetin dem dey chop dey know undecided. She probably left the SIMP bcs he can no longer hit harder with his 1 kidney grin
I don't think it's simping to donate kidney to your partner when things are rosy. And I don't think it's wickedness to ask back your kidney after a divorce as this man is rightly doing. What it means is that I gave you my kidney because you are my wife and since you won't be my wife anymore, then give me back my kidney. It's that simple and not simping.

6 Likes

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Bahamas95(m): 6:53pm On Feb 19
The only women I can make such sacrifice for are my sisters and mum.

The man should collect his kidney or the money o.

6 Likes

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by vickydevoka(m): 6:54pm On Feb 19
thesicilian:
But some women can be wicked sha
How on earth would you even think of divorcing a husband who literally gave part of himself to save your life?
A woman doesn't care about your sacrifice, know this and know peace.
That's why it's not advisable to marry a poor lady out of pity.
As a man if you are not ready to serve a lady ( her happiness) , don't overdo. Just do want you can forget easily

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Mayeldah(m): 6:54pm On Feb 19
If na me,na $10m las las I go collect

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by davit: 6:55pm On Feb 19
thesicilian:
How on earth would you even think of divorcing a husband who literally gave part of himself to save your life?
Just my thought. Fear women!

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Calitoscassius(m): 6:55pm On Feb 19
Aesthetical:
Men!!!!
Do not go extremes to please this women . Just like Naira Marley said “She’s not your girlfriend, it’s just your turn “
Once your turn has passed she will easily replace you without giving a second thought to whatever you have done for her

They are married, she is not his girlfriend and they have 3 children together. That was why he gave her his kidney.

Stop being ridiculous, don't you have sisters, Aunties and a mother?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Ashirioluwa: 6:56pm On Feb 19
He will most definitely lose the case because there was no financial agreement between them during the exchange. Also, it's illegal under federal law to sell organs.

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by AuwalYusuf812(m): 6:56pm On Feb 19
Sometimes seeing some men making a huge sacrifice for those genders I feel dey are brainless.

Eno go shk me when dey tell u wetin u done do for me grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Calitoscassius(m): 6:56pm On Feb 19
She will still damage the donated kidney and come back to beg again.
Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by AuwalYusuf812(m): 6:59pm On Feb 19
thesicilian:
na d man no get head

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Connected1: 7:00pm On Feb 19
thesicilian:
All women not some.

The man probably lost relevance to her in present day.

A woman doesn't care if you fought the Devil for her if you can't do it presently, she will cheat on your weak Soul.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by ellizy(m): 7:00pm On Feb 19
thesicilian:
Human denied Jesus
It’s not gender based and not just happening

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by seguno2: 7:00pm On Feb 19
OLAADEGBU:

Unilad

Why is this 2009 news story on nairaland front page

Doc Won't Get Kidney Back From Estranged Wife

Court rejects donor’s claim for return of organ
By Jennifer Millman • Published February 25, 2009 • Updated on July 20, 2009

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/doc-wont-get-kidney-back-from-estranged-wife/1883547/?amp=1

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by AuwalYusuf812(m): 7:00pm On Feb 19
Aesthetical:
Men!!!!
Do not go extremes to please this women . Just like Naira Marley said “She’s not your girlfriend, it’s just your turn “
Once your turn has passed she will easily replace you without giving a second thought to whatever you have done for her

I support dis comments with my February salary.

Gbam 👊👊👊

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by magzey: 7:02pm On Feb 19
This case is called Wahala Pro Max, the guy want to cash in on the ungrateful person call wife. that gender is something else grin grin grin

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by faceland: 7:03pm On Feb 19
You want go jail. He would lose.
From donation to selling human parts.
Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Zchi1052(m): 7:05pm On Feb 19
Person wey give you life
U won divorce am

Fear women

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce by Caliph97: 7:06pm On Feb 19
U be werey grin
spiSeyi:
Another SIMP has been used and dumped, women are known to be betrayals right from time. The only creature that betrayed Man & God 4 a serpent should be handled logically.
Never deal with any woman emotionally nah wetin dem dey chop dey know undecided. She probably left the SIMP bcs he can no longer hit harder with his 1 kidney grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? / I Almost Lost My Marriage Over ‘april Fool’ Prank –woman / How I Caught My Wife With My Pastor, Husband Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.