Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,549 members, 7,850,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

Atheists Debate Religionists * - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Debate Religionists * (8915 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists / You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 1:38pm On Mar 12
LordReed:

I seem to have a couple of recalcitrant knuckleheads here. Listen dummies, this is very simple. Nature has no agency it cannot take actions but we describe some of its processes as through an action was taken or a behavior was displayed. Eg. We say a moving stream is running, we say the clouds are pregnant, etc. None of things like this are literal. The stream is not actually running the way an animal with legs can, it merely descriptive. So when I say nature doesn't select I mean it is not taking an action or making a choice with an outcome in mind, it can't. But some how you knuckleheads are all over the place with nonsense especially PoliteActivist Aemmyjah with their constant appeals that indicate no real attempt at understanding.

😆Ok, I'll try to help you save face. Only problem is that your posts are there for all to read - blabbing all over the thread that diabetes and other diseases survive because those carrying them reproduce - pure nonsense!

My good buddy Reed, how many times will I call you?
The end result of natural selection is SELECTION OF CERTAIN TRAITS!
It is assumed everybody knows nature or anybody does not go about looking for traits to select. Nobody figured there'd be people like you who need the obvious spelled out for them. Even Charles Darwin below uses "It may be said" meaning "it's as if". But he didn't even have to use that for people to know what he meant. ONLY people like you would think it meant there is someone or something going about looking for traits to select!

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 1:47pm On Mar 12
LordReed:

You are the one who doesn't understand it, stop projecting your ignorance on to me. LoLz.

That's where English and biology failed you cos of lack of comprehension
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 1:48pm On Mar 12
PoliteActivist:

Very interesting video indeed. You don't have to look deep at all to see there is INTELLIGENT DESIGN to our universe. All you have to do is look at is how mathematics inside physics correlates so well with the natural world. Another thing is the relatively low speed of light being the speed limit of the universe, when there ought be no speed limit at all!

Dullard like LordReed is still making up his mind if that is as a result of intelligence or mindless chance... He's still in the middle
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 1:48pm On Mar 12
LordReed:

There should be no speed limit because you say so?

Nope. Because there is NO reason for any speed limit just as numbers don't suddenly stop at, say, one trillion.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 1:49pm On Mar 12
LordReed:

You are the olodo here since clearly none of these things indicate choice but stupid you is too thick to accept what is right in front of you. LoLz.

Then we can as well say there's no digestion in the digestive system
No reproduction in the reproductive system etc

Since they are not doing these by choice
Big Mumu
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 1:59pm On Mar 12
PoliteActivist:

😆Ok, I'll try to help you save face. Only problem is that your posts are there for all to read - blabbing all over the thread that diabetes and other diseases survive because those carrying them reproduce - pure nonsense!

My good buddy Reed, how many times will I call you?
The end result of natural selection is SELECTION OF CERTAIN TRAITS!
It is assumed everybody knows nature or anybody does not go about looking for traits to select. Nobody figured there'd be people like you who need the obvious spelled out for them. Even Charles Darwin below uses "It may be said" meaning "it's as if". But he didn't even have to use that for people to know what he meant. ONLY people like you would think it meant there is someone or something going about looking for traits to select!

Dumdum traits are propagated by surviving and reproducing populations, nature is not CHOOSING certain traits. The screenshot I showed even said clearly that there would never be a perfect organism naturally because nature is not CHOOSING! Show me where Darwin said nature is choosing certain traits. The reason it LOOKS like a selection is because those the traits that help an organism to survive and reproduce continue to be propagated to the next generation. Unhelpful traits that don't stop the organism from reproducing will ALSO be propagated. At no point is nature only choosing advantageous traits. That one is the fairy tale you've told yourself.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 2:10pm On Mar 12
PoliteActivist:

Nope. Because there is NO reason for any speed limit just as numbers don't suddenly stop at, say, one trillion.

That is not valid a valid reason. Tell me what in the nature of the universe allows for infinite speed by any system.

BTW I hope you realise that the so called limit is for all electromagnetic phenomenon not just light.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 2:11pm On Mar 12
Aemmyjah:

Then we can as well say there's no digestion in the digestive system
No reproduction in the reproductive system etc

Since they are not doing these by choice
Big Mumu

Dumdum this about CHOICE not words, don't be silly.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 2:16pm On Mar 12
Aemmyjah:

Dullard like LordReed is still making up his mind if that is as a result of intelligence or mindless chance... He's still in the middle

LoLz. Look at this liar. Show where I expressed such naa. Liar liar. Bwahahahahahaha!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 2:16pm On Mar 12
Aemmyjah:

That's where English and biology failed you cos of lack of comprehension

Naa that's you. LoLz.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 3:11pm On Mar 12
LordReed:

LoLz. Look at this liar. Show where I expressed such naa. Liar liar. Bwahahahahahaha!

Life is a product of
Intelligence?
Chaos?

Pick one

Bwahahahahaha
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 3:13pm On Mar 12
LordReed:

Dumdum this about CHOICE not words, don't be silly.

I use similar fashion to describe
Olodo has turned it into something of choice

It is by choice that your earth is rotating
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 3:26pm On Mar 12
Aemmyjah:

Life is a product of
Intelligence?
Chaos?

Pick one

Bwahahahahaha

LoLz. Dumdum you've asked this question before and I answered it but you are repeating it because you're a dumbarse. Bwahahahahaha!

I like it when you copy my laugh,it means you learnt something. LMAO!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 3:28pm On Mar 12
LordReed:

LoLz. Dumdum you've asked this question before and I answered it but you are repeating it because you're a dumbarse. Bwahahahahaha!

I like it when you copy my laugh,it means you learnt something. LMAO!

You said neither
Showing how stupid your level of thinking can be
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 3:29pm On Mar 12
Aemmyjah:

You said neither
Showing how stupid your level of thinking can be

LMAO! You just keep showing how stupid you are. Who told you the only choices are chaos and intelligence? Bwahahahahaha!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 3:32pm On Mar 12
LordReed:

LMAO! You just keep showing how stupid you are. Who told you the only choices are chaos and intelligence? Bwahahahahaha!

Mumu
Is life as a result of choice? If yes, would it be by accident or intelligence?
You don't even agree it came by accident even when you claim that nature does not make choice... Your head is filled with sand
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 3:43pm On Mar 12
Aemmyjah:

Mumu
Is life as a result of choice? If yes, would it be by accident or intelligence?
You don't even agree it came by accident even when you claim that nature does not make choice... Your head is filled with sand

Because your limited knucklehead brain can't grasp that accident or intelligence are not the only ways life could have come about. The last time I answered this question I spelt it out for you but your dumbarse needs to keep lying as if I never answered it. LMFAO!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 3:56pm On Mar 12
LordReed:

That is not valid a valid reason. Tell me what in the nature of the universe allows for infinite speed by any system.

BTW I hope you realise that the so called limit is for all electromagnetic phenomenon not just light.

U have started again. Soon you'll be trying to save face. Why should speed (or anything for that matter) stop increasing?? Mention anything you know that'd stop increasing for no reason if you keep adding to it?
The speed of light traveling on a fast plane and the speed of light standing still are the same!
The write-up below should help u

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 4:42pm On Mar 12
PoliteActivist:

U have started again. Soon you'll be trying to save face. Why should speed (or anything for that matter) stop increasing?? Mention anything you know that'd stop increasing for no reason if you keep adding to it?
The speed of light traveling on a fast plane and the speed of light standing still are the same!

You are the one saying something, prove it now you are trying to turn it on me. It is you needs to show why speed should be unlimited. Simply saying it should is not a reason. The universe has all sorts of properties which properties of the universe should allow for speed to be unlimited.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 4:52pm On Mar 12
LordReed:

Because your limited knucklehead brain can't grasp that accident or intelligence are not the only ways life could have come about. The last time I answered this question I spelt it out for you but your dumbarse needs to keep lying as if I never answered it. LMFAO!

Oga
Wisdom is very far away from you
People either accept that life is a result of intelligence (Creator) or chance ( evolution)

You said neither and can't come up with anything. Calling yourself an igtheist
Very indecisive person
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 5:41pm On Mar 12
LordReed:

You are the one saying something, prove it now you are trying to turn it on me. It is you needs to show why speed should be unlimited. Simply saying it should is not a reason. The universe has all sorts of properties which properties of the universe should allow for speed to be unlimited.

So it makes perfect sense to your sense of reality and common sense that light leaving Nigeria on a fast plane will get to UK at same time as light shining from Nigeria?
Really, Reed, u ok?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 5:49pm On Mar 12
PoliteActivist:

BTW. Dude look at the date.

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 5:56pm On Mar 12
LordReed:

BTW. Dude look at the date.

Date! Something that has been around since Einstein -that the speed of light never increase no matter how fast the light bearer is traveling.
BTW, beats me how this Einstein guy figured this out.
Light moving ought be going faster than light standing still
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 6:09pm On Mar 12
PoliteActivist:

So it makes perfect sense to your sense of reality and common sense that light leaving Nigeria on a fast plane will get to UK at same time as light shining from Nigeria?
Really, Reed, u ok?

Dude that doesn't even make sense. In what way is light "Leaving on a fast plane"? Light is sitting on a seat in the plane all buckled in?

I think the scenario you are trying to paint is, the speed of light as observed by an observer on a fast plane will be the same as the speed of light as observed by a static observer. And in this scenario yes it makes sense. That's because speed of light doesn't depend on the observer's frame of reference.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 6:13pm On Mar 12
PoliteActivist:

Date! Something that has been around since Einstein -that the speed of light never increase no matter how fast the light bearer is traveling.

Wait you don't know the significance of 1st of April? LoLz.

Plus he literary says its a conspiracy theory IN THE ARTICLE. Bwahahahahaha!

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 6:15pm On Mar 12
PoliteActivist:

Still not showing how special relativity points to how there should be no limit.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 6:17pm On Mar 12
Aemmyjah:

Oga
Wisdom is very far away from you
People either accept that life is a result of intelligence (Creator) or chance ( evolution)

You said neither and can't come up with anything. Calling yourself an igtheist
Very indecisive person

Show where it was established that these are the only 2 ways life could have come about. LoLz.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 6:45pm On Mar 12
LordReed:

Show where it was established that these are the only 2 ways life could have come about. LoLz.

Mr 'show me where'

The origin of life falls under this two no matter how many theories they give

Mindless process or chaos or accident
OR

Creation or Intelligent design

You yourself will not be able to add a third party cos it's not available and you won't mention

Poor igtheist
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 6:59pm On Mar 12
Aemmyjah:

Mr 'show me where'

The origin of life falls under this two no matter how many theories they give

Mindless process or chaos or accident
OR

Creation or Intelligent design

You yourself will not be able to add a third party cos it's not available and you won't mention

Poor igtheist

Kindly tell me how mindless process and chaos are the same thing.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 7:31pm On Mar 12
LordReed:

Kindly tell me how mindless process and chaos are the same thing.

Mumu

chaos (uncountable)

The unordered state of matter in classical accounts of cosmogony.

I'm not to blame if you fail to understand the meaning of mindless process of how (by the definition given above) it is same as chaos
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 7:42pm On Mar 12
Aemmyjah:

Mumu

chaos (uncountable)

The unordered state of matter in classical accounts of cosmogony.

I'm not to blame if you fail to understand the meaning of mindless process of how (by the definition given above) it is same as chaos

LMFAO! You are a BIG FOOL I swear. Reread what you wrote and tell me how unordered state of matter is the same as mindless PROCESS. Chei! What a stupid fellow. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 7:58pm On Mar 12
LordReed:

I seem to have a couple of recalcitrant knuckleheads here. Listen dummies, this is very simple. Nature has no agency it cannot take actions but we describe some of its processes as through an action was taken or a behavior was displayed. Eg. We say a moving stream is running, we say the clouds are pregnant, etc. None of things like this are literal. The stream is not actually running the way an animal with legs can, it merely descriptive. So when I say nature doesn't select I mean it is not taking an action or making a choice with an outcome in mind, it can't. But some how you knuckleheads are all over the place with nonsense especially PoliteActivist with their constant appeals that indicate no real attempt at understanding.

To some, a God is doing the selecting you describe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply)

3 Levels Of Knowledge By Pastor David Ogbueli / What Are You Thanking God For Nigeria At 62? / Interested In Moderating This Section?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.