Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,864 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Atheists Debate Religionists * - Religion (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Debate Religionists * (7914 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists / You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 12:17pm On Mar 25
Steep:
stop projecting your ignorance on others. It is you who doesn't know what thought is, you don't know anything at all. Ask a secondary school student what water is and they would tell you. You can't have a product without a producer neither a creation without a creator, it is a self defeating logic that you exhibit.
Wipe your memory and you no longer exist?
So people without schizophrenia no longer exist?
This is the product of the work nonsense that you folks claim as enlightenment. Nonsense.

Another tantrum thrower who can't think deeply. What is water? Really, what is it? And why in that particular form? YOU DON'T KNOW! You met it here like that and called it water. Neither do you know if this reality is physically real, simulated, matrix, hell, heaven, long-running computer game, energy-generating mechanism, etc. You have NO WAY of being sure what it is or what it is all about. One thing we do know (of course, always assuming we can trust our senses) is that if the universe were reduced to size of the earth, the earth would not be visible with the strongest microscope. Scientists also tell us there are possibly hundreds of dimensions and unlimited number of universes! Bottom line: you know almost nothing!

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Steep: 1:27pm On Mar 25
PoliteActivist:

Another tantrum thrower who can't think deeply. What is water? Really, what is it? And why in that particular form? YOU DON'T KNOW! You met it here like that and called it water. Neither do you know if this reality is physically real, simulated, matrix, hell, heaven, long-running computer game, energy-generating mechanism, etc. You have NO WAY of being sure what it is or what it is all about. One thing we do know (of course, always assuming we can trust our senses) is that if the universe were reduced to size of the earth, the earth would not be visible with the strongest microscope. Scientists also tell us there are possibly hundreds of dimensions and unlimited number of universes! Bottom line: you know almost nothing!
lol ignoramus that doesnt even know what water is, what do you even know, I guess you cant even define a woman or a man.
You don't even know the difference between science and philosophy.

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 2:18pm On Mar 25
Steep:
lol ignoramus that doesnt even know what water is, what do you even know, I guess you cant even define a woman or a man.
You don't even know the difference between science and philosophy.
My friend you don't know what H²O really is, just as you don't know what this reality you find yourself in really is. Why our greatest thinkers always conclude they know nothing - Socrates, Newton. Einstein, etc
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 2:49pm On Mar 25
PoliteActivist:

Thanks 4 participating. See u around

Mr or mrs bla bla bla , qed.

Till now. Not even 3k.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 3:36pm On Mar 25
HellVictorinho6:

Mr or mrs bla bla bla , qed.

Till now. Not even 3k.

You can call me Mr my dear.. I try to come accross as one.
You really need 3k? Only 3k? Drop your aza
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 6:08pm On Mar 25
PoliteActivist:

You can call me Mr my dear.. I try to come accross as one.
You really need 3k? Only 3k? Drop your aza

Opay
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 6:43pm On Mar 25
Steep:
stop projecting your ignorance on others. It is you who doesn't know what thought is, you don't know anything at all. Ask a secondary school student what water is and they would tell you. You can't have a product without a producer neither a creation without a creator, it is a self defeating logic that you exhibit.
Wipe your memory and you no longer exist?
So people without schizophrenia no longer exist?
This is the product of the woke nonsense that you folks claim as enlightenment. Nonsense.

His entire strategy is to get you to accept you are as ignorant as he believes he is, though he's here claiming to know what he claims he can not know.

It's a person of god strategy too. They get you to admit you can't use your own mind so they can control you, just like man was made to believe he descended from stupid ignorant Adam to slave in a garden instead of created in God's image to rule and subdue and multiply.

The white folks who brought us this religion and sold us enslaved Adam were definitely not slaves, and obviously ruled and subdued and multiplied, while we whom they brought it to have not yet realised that "from the sweat of thy brow" is not a curse but reality as it certainly surely really is.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 1:21am On Mar 26
budaatum:

His entire strategy is to get you to accept you are as ignorant as he believes he is, though he's here claiming to know what he claims he can not know.

It's a person of god strategy too. They get you to admit you can't use your own mind so they can control you, just like man was made to believe he descended from stupid ignorant Adam to slave in a garden instead of created in God's image to rule and subdue and multiply.

The white folks who brought us this religion and sold us enslaved Adam were definitely not slaves, and obviously ruled and subdued and multiplied, while we whom they brought it to have not yet realised that "from the sweat of thy brow" is not a curse but reality as it certainly surely really is.

😆 He doesn't know that the person he's talking to, Steep, is a creationist. Second time you're making a fool of yourself. You're becoming almost like Dr. Reed!
Folks please help us find out, is Sam Harris (below) a religionist? He's saying the sorta things I've been saying!
I don't know how you people reason. How can a religionist even remotely entertain the things I've been saying - that the universe could be anything at all, and could exist entirely in your head, and that the individual self is an illusion? And that our senses could be such that they don't tell us what is really there - that they could be lying to us. What sorta religionist would entertain any of those??
Result of this debate comming up soon.
Here's Sam Harris:

FxMasterz, maynman, Dtruthspeaker, Image123, DrJones109, Jesusjnr2022, LordReed, Jaephoenix, JessicaRabbit, Knownunknown, DeepSight, BBIA HellVictorinho6, SIXFEETUNDER, OkpaNsukkaisBae, Bacteriologist, FRANCISTOWN, SIRTee15, Aemmyjah, TheSourcerer, Busybrain2233, 1Sharon, TakeNigeriaBack, Botragelad, isan, MaxInDHouse, Fourthpredator, seun, hopefullandlord, bobestman, Lorrayne, HardMirror, Hahn, SlawG, albreezy4eva, Muslim, Dominique, Mrbroke, EnemyofGod2,  kkins25, Wilgrea7, A001, Maynthemayn

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 1:28am On Mar 26
HellVictorinho6:

Opay

To protect my identity, someone else will do it - tomorrow. 5K
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Steep: 3:58am On Mar 26
PoliteActivist:

😆 He doesn't know that the person he's talking to, Steep, is a creationist. Second time you're making a fool of yourself. You're becoming almost like Dr. Reed!
Folks please help us find out, is Sam Harris (below) a religionist? He's saying the sorta things I've been saying!
I don't know how you people reason. How can a religionist even remotely entertain the things I've been saying - that the universe could be anything at all, and could exist entirely in your head, and that the individual self is an illusion? And that our senses could be such that they don't tell us what is really there - that they could be lying to us. What sorta religionist would entertain any of those??
Here's Sam Harris:

see stupidity, if the universe is not real but only in your head, then what is your head and where is your head located? Thought without thinker foolishness.

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 4:52am On Mar 26
PoliteActivist:

😆 He doesn't know that the person he's talking to, Steep, is a creationist.

Doesn't matter what he is. What matters is that he uses his head and is honest, unlike some.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by triplechoice(m): 9:33am On Mar 26
PoliteActivist:

What is water? Really, what is it? And why in that particular form? YOU DON'T KNOW! You met it here like that and called it water. !

Then, what's that thing we all collectively refer to as water, and what should it be called?

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by triplechoice(m): 9:48am On Mar 26
PoliteActivist:

I have gone through the thread and cannot find any evidence that what you have been saying is the same as Sam Harry's
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by triplechoice(m): 10:03am On Mar 26
@ PoliteActivist,
When you transcend the illusion of the self through contemplation according to Sam Harry, "where" do you arrive at?

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by triplechoice(m): 10:18am On Mar 26
PoliteActivist:

I don't know how you people reason. How can a religionist even remotely entertain the things I've been saying - that the universe could be anything at all, and could exist entirely in your head, and that the individual self is an illusion?
"Could exist entirely in your head" is hypothetical and not truth statement
And that our senses could be such that they don't tell us what is really there -
And where "is really there" ?
Inside your head or out there?

[/quote]

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:05am On Mar 26
Steep:
see stupidity, if the universe is not real but only in your head, then what is your head and where is your head located? Thought without thinker foolishness.

Ur head is not within anything
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Steep: 11:56am On Mar 26
HellVictorinho6:

Ur head is not within anything

hahaha, madness.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 12:17pm On Mar 26
PoliteActivist:

I don't know how you people reason. How can a religionist even remotely entertain the things I've been saying - that the universe could be anything at all, and could exist entirely in your head, and that the individual self is an illusion?

It's not only religionist who are not entertaining your junk here. Even atheists are not buying it because of your illogical dishonesty, which is not an illusion and does not exist entirely in anyone's head since we are intelligent enough to see right through real you.

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:22pm On Mar 26
Steep:
hahaha, madness.

If u say it must be within the universe,then u must determine what contains the universe.

u dont say u dont know or say the universe doesnt need any container
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:25pm On Mar 26
Steep:

Dont assume am saying am not sure of ur existence
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by y3mi(m): 3:16pm On Mar 26
PoliteActivist:

There are people who speak with God everyday and people who see shape-shifting demons everyday. Then there are people who are 100% sure a supernatural doesn't exist.
Abeg who you know wey don see shape shifting demons everyday.

Does who are 100% sure that the supernatural doesn't exist bear a nuanced understanding of that word - "supernatural" They process it only within a the framwork of Christo-judeo myths repackaged into religion.

Supernatural is as to me as it would be to a 11th century English man seeing how I press some things on my phone screen and he sees an image of himself captured. He yells... "This must only be the work of a devil."

Both you atheists and theists have got lots of retuning to do, because both are as confuse as they come.

Until they remove the limit the mind to explore. The world behind the world can be revealed.

Science though is the ultimate supernatural gift that allows man to understand what make the natural super.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by y3mi(m): 3:23pm On Mar 26
JessicaRabbit:

, even that camaraderie you feel with your local book club.
Book clubs for naija?
E sure me say you no dey live for naija.
Even for abroad, the issue say their kids don't read any more as everyone is fixated on their screen is an alarming issue.

cc: DissTroy
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 6:27pm On Mar 26
y3mi:

Abeg who you know wey don see shape shifting demons everyday.

Does who are 100% sure that the supernatural doesn't exist bear a nuanced understanding of that word - "supernatural" They process it only within a the framwork of Christo-judeo myths repackaged into religion.

Supernatural is as to me as it would be to a 11th century English man seeing how I press some things on my phone screen and he sees an image of himself captured. He yells... "This must only be the work of a devil."

Both you atheists and theists have got lots of retuning to do, because both are as confuse as they come.

Until they remove the limit the mind to explore. The world behind the world can be revealed.

Science though is the ultimate supernatural gift that allows man to understand what make the natural super.

Rest abeg
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by y3mi(m): 8:56pm On Mar 26
HellVictorinho6:

Rest abeg
Who be this?
Park abeg
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:00pm On Mar 26
y3mi:

Who be this?
Park abeg

Shift abeg
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by y3mi(m): 10:04pm On Mar 26
HellVictorinho6:

Shift abeg
Clear commot.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by kkins25(m): 10:50pm On Mar 26
PoliteActivist:

😆 He doesn't know that the person he's talking to, Steep, is a creationist. Second time, you're making a fool of yourself. You're becoming almost like Dr. Reed!
Here's Sam Harris:

As I said in my previous response, your arguments, or Sam's statement for that matter, only make sense in the context of perception of reality and not that of questioning the existence of reality.

Unless, of course, you have a different understanding of reality.

A little side note:

I think the point you are trying to make is that the nature of reality, as we know it, may not be the real representation of reality. What we perceive of reality is limited to our five senses, which we heavenly rely on to define our surroundings. Correct?

We cannot question the nature of existence if we don't exist, can we?

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by DissTroy(m): 10:51pm On Mar 26
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by y3mi(m): 2:54am On Mar 27
kkins25:

As I said in my previous response, your arguments, or Sam's statement for that matter, only make sense in the context of perception of reality and not that of questioning the existence of reality.

Unless, of course, you have a different understanding of reality.

A little side note:

I think the point you are trying to make is that the nature of reality, as we know it, may not be the real representation of reality. What we perceive of reality is limited to our five senses, which we heavenly rely on to define our surroundings. Correct?

We cannot question the nature of existence if we don't exist, can we?
Have you tried to heightened your state of perception before? There is reality, there is true reality, there is hyper reality, there is ultra reality. There are all types of realities. I don't like the word "spiritual" / "spirituality". It has been damaged with no objectively meaningful definition, instead I prefer a term I had to come up with I call NPR ie Non Physical Realities.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by y3mi(m): 2:55am On Mar 27
DissTroy:
Boss how far.
Long time.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:23am On Mar 27
y3mi:

Clear commot.

Face ya life
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 11:54am On Mar 27
y3mi:

Have you tried to heightened your state of perception before? There is reality, there is true reality, there is hyper reality, there is ultra reality. There are all types of realities. I don't like the word "spiritual" / "spirituality". It has been damaged with no objectively meaningful definition, instead I prefer a term I had to come up with I call NPR ie Non Physical Realities.

And how do you interact with these Non Physical Realities without your physical senses?

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply)

A Lecture For Atheists / Wapgospel.com - Download Gospel Musics; Hymns, Acapella E.t.c / Armed Biker Gang Plans Open-carry “draw Mohammed” Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55