Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Atheists Debate Religionists * - Religion (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Debate Religionists * (8371 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists / You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 7:40pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

See below.
QED once again. This is becoming too easy

Bwahahahahaha! Dumdum you have just confirmed how SHALLOW you really are. A pretentious simpleton who gets orgasms because of big words yet has no true understanding.

Read the encircled and be educated dumbass.

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 7:42pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

Just admit you have no way of knowing what is truly there. That's all

Live in your lalaland where you wonder if your head really exists. I live in reality where if your head encounters an unstoppable force it will turn to mush. Maybe that's what's happened to you, your brains are mush because you encountered something that damaged it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 7:48pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

Wow! This is becoming rather childish. You are the only adult I know who doesn't know your senses can EASILY deceive you. What do you think make magic tricks possible??

It is not your senses that deceive you when a magic trick works, but your actual lack of knowledge of the trick, and you not developing your senses, and the trickers ability to misinform your underdeveloped senses.

What makes magic tricks possible is the knowledge the tricker has, and your own ignorance. If you were not ignorant and instead knew how a magic trick works you'd find you wouldn't be tricked by magic.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 7:52pm On Mar 22
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! Dumdum you have just confirmed how SHALLOW you really are. A pretentious simpleton who gets orgasms because of big words yet has no true understanding.

Read the encircled and be educated dumbass.

It says clearly the primary meaning of solipsist is selfish
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 7:54pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

It says clearly the primary meaning of solipsist is selfish

Bwahahahahaha! Dumdum educate yourself and stop being an ignorant ass. LMFAO!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 7:58pm On Mar 22
budaatum:

It is not your senses that deceive you when a magic trick works, but your actual lack of knowledge of the trick, and you not developing your senses, and the trickers ability to misinform your underdeveloped senses.

What makes magic tricks possible is the knowledge the tricker has, and your own ignorance. If you were not ignorant and instead knew how a magic trick works you'd find you wouldn't be tricked by magic.

It is actually your senses. You rely on them to tell you what's going on. If they tell you there is a fat man when there's not, they deceived you
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 8:02pm On Mar 22
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! Dumdum educate yourself and stop being an ignorant ass. LMFAO!

What is the primary meaning of solipsist?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 8:16pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

What is the primary meaning of solipsis!?

Dumdum is discussing Decartes A PHILOSOPHER and wants to discount the PHILOSOPHICAL meaning of a word. What a stupid ignorant arse! Bwahahahahaha!

Stop being an arse and say thank you for learning something new. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 8:35pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

It is actually your senses. You rely on them to tell you what's going on. If they tell you there is a fat man when there's not, they deceived you

No, I do not rely on my senses to tell me what is going on. My senses merely perceive, while my mind is used by me to interpret what my senses perceive.

There's no way my senses can perceive a fat man that is not there, because my mind will tell my senses to look again to confirm.

But if your senses work that way and perceive fat men that are not there, be a Ferrari salesperson so your senses can tell you to exchange a real actual brand new red Ferrari for the imaginary million pounds in my imaginary bank account that are both not there please.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 8:37pm On Mar 22
LordReed:

Dumdum is discussing Decartes A PHILOSOPHER and wants to discount the PHILOSOPHICAL meaning of a word. What a stupid ignorant arse! Bwahahahahaha!

Stop being an arse and say thank you for learning something new. Bwahahahahaha!

You learnt the primary meaning of solipsist, did you not? Did you know it b4? Nope. You are welcome
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 8:41pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

You learnt the primary meaning of solipsist, did you not? Did you know it b4? Nope. You are welcome

LoLz. Stop being a stubborn goat and learn. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 9:09pm On Mar 22
budaatum:

No, I do not rely on my senses to tell me what is going on. My senses merely perceive, while my mind is used by me to interpret what my senses perceive.

There's no way my senses can perceive a fat man that is not there, because my mind will tell my senses to look again to confirm.

But if your senses work that way and perceive fat men that are not there, be a Ferrari salesperson so your senses can tell you to exchange a real actual brand new red Ferrari for the imaginary million pounds in my imaginary bank account that are both not there please.

Bottom line: we are not CERTAIN what we experience through our senses is true. And we cannot tell for SURE when our senses are correctly reporting the way things really are and when they are not. The reverse is also true: our senses may refuse to perceive a given reality for whatever reason - you simply subconsciously refuse to see or feel it. OR the brain is too busy doing other things right then - example, people injured in battle or sports don't feel any pain from their injuries until afterwards.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 9:13pm On Mar 22
LordReed:

LoLz. Stop being a stubborn goat and learn. Bwahahahahaha!

Now that that's been accomplished, let's continue.
Are you now firmly convinced your senses could be lying to you, or you still think they are infallible?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 9:51pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

Now that that's been accomplished, let's continue.
Are you now firmly convinced your senses could be lying to you, or you still think they are infallible?

LoLz! Dumdum is dying of embarrassment. Bwahahahahahahaha!

What part of I am not interested in solipsism do you not understand?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 10:57pm On Mar 22
LordReed:

LoLz! Dumdum is dying of embarrassment. Bwahahahahahahaha!

What part of I am not interested in solipsism do you not understand?

Embarrassment because I taught you the primary meaning of solipsist. Shame on you Dr. Reed for not acknowledging when you've been taught something.
And by the way Descartes WAS a solipsist (secondary meaning). He made himself a solipsist {at least for the duration he was writing "On Method"}, and also convinced himself of the existence of God [see below]

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 11:52pm On Mar 22
I guess one must accept that you do not know how to use your senses, and you assume everyone must be lazy and as incompetent as you are because that must justify your lack of effort to learn to use your senses.

PoliteActivist:

Bottom line: we are not CERTAIN what we experience through our senses is true. And we cannot tell for SURE when our senses are correctly reporting the way things really are and when they are not. The reverse is also true: our senses may refuse to perceive a given reality for whatever reason - you simply subconsciously refuse to see or feel it. OR the brain is too busy doing other things right then - example, people injured in battle or sports don't feel any pain from their injuries until afterwards.

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 12:00am On Mar 23
PoliteActivist:

No one is claiming their senses are infallible!

That's why one would ask and knock and seek instead of merely believing the first thing one observes or is told, so as not to be lied to or lie to oneself.

But I suppose you might be the sort who crosses the road after your senses have lied to you that there is no car coming after it has lied to you that you don't exist.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:28am On Mar 23
PoliteActivist

U wan die ni
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 1:33am On Mar 23
budaatum:
I guess one must accept that you do not know how to use your senses, and you assume everyone must be lazy and as incompetent as you are because that must justify your lack of effort to learn to use your senses.

Remember we are talking about true nature of reality. You have No WAY of independently verifying what your senses tell you about it. Just as you can't tell you're in a dream while in the dream. Some people say this reality is a dream - you wake up when you die.
You have NO WAY of proving them wrong. Some say it is a long-running computer game of advanced beings - they all have their own chips (people) they play with. Some say we are something started then long forgotten and we're so minuscule it is highly unlikely we will ever be stumbled upon again. Others say it is prison punishment. Others say it is reward. Others say it is a school. Others say it is a test. Others say it is happenstance, what you see is what you get, no more to it. Point is, you have NO WAYof knowing who is right!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 1:36am On Mar 23
budaatum:

That's why one would ask and knock and seek instead of merely believing the first thing one observes or is told, so as not to be lied to or lie to oneself.

But I suppose you might be the sort who crosses the road after your senses have lied to you that there is no car coming after it has lied to you that you don't exist.

You have no way to "ask and knock and seek" except through your same senses. Just as you have no power to override your own thoughts
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 2:07am On Mar 23
PoliteActivist:

You have no way to "ask and knock and seek" except through your same senses. Just as you have no power to override your own thoughts

The same senses that I have bothered to train myself to use better than you who hasn't bothered because you think they don't even exist?

And what do you think therapy is for, I wonder, and even psychodrugs?

https://www.nhs.uk/every-mind-matters/mental-wellbeing-tips/self-help-cbt-techniques/reframing-unhelpful-thoughts/
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 2:20am On Mar 23
PoliteActivist:

Remember we are talking about true nature of reality. You have No WAY of independently verifying what your senses tell you about it.
So, you can't independently verify what your senses tell you about the true nature of the cars approaching the busy road you are about to cross?

I'm just glad not everyone uses their senses as little as you do or there'd be plenty more road killed.

PoliteActivist:
Some people say this reality is a dream - you wake up when you die.
You have NO WAY of proving them wrong.
I don't need to prove them wrong, just as I don't need to prove you wrong.

What I don't need do is buy into their ignorance and stupidity to think I'd wake up when put in a box and stuck deep in the ground when dead.

And I definitely would not be combining my resource with such fools on any project or venture.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 2:37am On Mar 23
PoliteActivist:

Embarrassment because I taught you the primary meaning of solipsist. Shame on you Dr. Reed for not acknowledging when you've been taught something.
And by the way Descartes WAS a solipsist (secondary meaning). He made himself a solipsist {at least for the duration he was writing "On Method"}, and also convinced himself of the existence of God [see below]

What a stubborn fool you are. Google was Descartes a solipsist and save yourself further embarrassment from me doing it for you and showing the world how foolish you continue to be. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 7:07am On Mar 23
LordReed:

What a stubborn fool you are. Google was Descartes a solipsist and save yourself further embarrassment from me doing it for you and showing the world how foolish you continue to be. Bwahahahahaha!

Can u help me with 3k please?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 9:32am On Mar 23
budaatum:

The same senses that I have bothered to train myself to use better than you who hasn't bothered because you think they don't even exist?

And what do you think therapy is for, I wonder, and even psychodrugs?

https://www.nhs.uk/every-mind-matters/mental-wellbeing-tips/self-help-cbt-techniques/reframing-unhelpful-thoughts/

Seems a nice article, will read it better later.
Problem is, you don't think deeply enough. If you did you'd realize it's still your thoughts reframing your thoughts and you have no power to challenge it, just as you can only verify your senses through your same senses and there is NO other way!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 9:42am On Mar 23
budaatum:

So, you can't independently verify what your senses tell you about the true nature of the cars approaching the busy road you are about to cross?

I'm just glad not everyone uses their senses as little as you do or there'd be plenty more road killed.

Like I said, you don't think deeply enough. It is still YOUR senses that will tell you result of anything and you have NO OTHER WAY of verifying if it is true. If a non-existent you jumps in front of a non-existent car, your same senses/thoughts that conjured all that can also conjured up a non-existent death or injury and you have no way to verify if any of it really happened
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 9:48am On Mar 23
budaatum:

I don't need to prove them wrong, just as I don't need to prove you wrong.

What I don't need do is buy into their ignorance and stupidity to think I'd wake up when put in a box and stuck deep in the ground when dead.

And I definitely would not be combining my resource with such fools on any project or venture.

So if you die in a dream and put in a box, you'll no longer wake up??

You don't need to prove anything, it simply underscores the fact you don't know what this reality.realy is
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 12:21pm On Mar 23
LordReed:

HellVictorinho6:

Can u help me with 3k please?

The obtuse doc has spoken again.
I did just that. See below.
QED (as usual) 😆

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 1:07pm On Mar 23
PoliteActivist:

The obtuse doc has spoken again.
I did just that. See below.
QED (as usual) 😆

Bwahahahahaha! Once again more shallow stupidity from the perennial dumbarse. You went shopping on Quora but failed to actually comprehend the substance of what is being discussed.

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 1:37pm On Mar 23
budaatum:

Please see below the one scholarly source the obtuse doc HIMSELF posted to prove Descartes was NOT solipsistic!

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 1:45pm On Mar 23
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! Once again more shallow stupidity from the perennial dumbarse. You went shopping on Quora but failed to actually comprehend the substance of what is being discussed.

My friend stop posting nonsense from reddit and further embarrassing yourself. Even high school students know that Descartes is the closest to solipsistic of all our great scholars. His name is synonymous with solipsism
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 1:57pm On Mar 23
PoliteActivist:

My friend stop posting nonsense from reddit and further embarrassing yourself. Even high school students know that Descartes is the closest to solipsistic of all our great scholars. His name is synonymous with solipsism

Bwahahahahaha! You posted junk from Quora but still have mouth to talk. Go and check the same Quora you'll see that Descartes WAS NOT a solipsist on there. I posted a Brittanica link there showing clearly that Descartes was not a solipsist but fool like you will ignore it to continue to wallow in ignorance.

Stupid arse that didn't even know who a solipsist is is now forming knowledge that Descartes is synonymous with solipsism. LMFAO!

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (36) (Reply)

87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix / I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Sunday, August 8, 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.