Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,744 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) (22492 Views)

What Food Can You Eat Everyday And Not Get Tired? / What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? / Which Food Do You Hate That Most People Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by easzypeaszy(m): 8:12pm On Feb 29
Ohah soup...dey too overhyped dis soup
The soup no even near Egusi waist

7 Likes

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by brainhgeek(m): 8:12pm On Feb 29
Pounded yam or any other form in which yam is cooked apart from yam flour.
Okpa
Shawarma
Pizza

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Charmingpet: 8:12pm On Feb 29
Afang

3 Likes

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by YorubaKing: 8:12pm On Feb 29
obiekunie01:
Ewedu!

the most hyped useless food i have ever taste.

the look is NOT APPEALING!

the taste is DISDUSTING! NYAMMAA!

i will never ever ever put that food in my mouth ever ever again!

DISCLAIMER: I don't mean it as a disrespect any persons or group.

Anoda Okoro Savage Cannibal in severe pains. 😂

2 Likes

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by bior(m): 8:13pm On Feb 29
strawberry !! angry

2 Likes

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by YorubaKing: 8:16pm On Feb 29
ecolime:

I hate Okpa ehn. Moimoi anyday, anytime.

Igbo pple wan dey use food compete with their Yoruba masters. grin

Okpa bawo? Nonsense savage food. angry

3 Likes

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Ravenna: 8:16pm On Feb 29
Dog meat is over hyped bullshitt..
The sweetest meat remains Pork!
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Lighthammer(m): 8:17pm On Feb 29
Sushi pufferfish calamari
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Lookingback: 8:17pm On Feb 29
Dangrace01:
Have you ever passed a bakery before. The way the bread smells is always sweeter than the actual bread.

It has always puzzled me for years
Very true

2 Likes

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by abobote: 8:17pm On Feb 29
myrates:
pizza, more like a glorified bread
My wife and kids will never agree with you on this.
They like that shit like hell

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by descarado: 8:18pm On Feb 29
Jennyclay:
I hate Turkey undecided

The taste and price is just too overrated and overhyped. undecided

Literally everyone I tell says something banal like, "You just haven't had it cooked properly!" Bla bla bla.… Chicken is the best.

If I cook with chicken it’s give me this natural lovely delicious chicken flavor taste and aroma but if I cook with Turkey it gives me 0 taste 0 flavor and 0 aroma. Nothing!! Nothing!! Nothing!!

You can only appreciate turkey when you roast it.
I enjoy it best with bitterleave soup

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by abobote: 8:19pm On Feb 29
Shikena:
Got to be that overhyped Oha soup for real grin
Oha soup is actually very sweet
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Anashe: 8:20pm On Feb 29
1. Sea food.
2. Sushi.
3. Shawarma/doner kebab.
4. Egusi soup.
5. Eba.
6. Spaghetti Bolognese.

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Simpleshafee(m): 8:24pm On Feb 29
Banga and starch is an overhyped combo.

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Letmehearword: 8:25pm On Feb 29
Fried Rice for me o, thing so tasteless

2 Likes

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by localbreed(m): 8:25pm On Feb 29
Pizza
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Father4all: 8:26pm On Feb 29
Ogiame:
That would be Ewedu.. (No disrespect to my SW brothers and sisters)

My ex so over hyped it any time we talk on the phone... So, I decided to try it out. She invited me to their house so I can confirm the hype.

Her mom has already prepared it before my coming, so it was straight to the dinning table.

Amala was very smooth, as it slides it's way down my throat, but the soup, just didn't see the hype. Na the many meat wey surround the soup I just deal with.

But their “Ewa Goyin” is world class and deserves all the hype
That Ewa Goyin is not from the Yoruba's. It came from the Cotonou people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by yomi531(m): 8:31pm On Feb 29
Fried Rice
Salad
Shawarma
Pizza.
Banga soup.
Afang soup.

U guys mentioning Okpa never attended boarding sch I guess. Una dey miss . 100%
Una even dey call ewedu and gbegiri join. Chai, people dey miss oo😄

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Emekuz256(m): 8:34pm On Feb 29
Bread AND Beans combined with egg and plantain. Omo that food na heavenly, ND I still dey chop am big tym❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by yomi531(m): 8:36pm On Feb 29
Afobaba33:
Pounded Yam is overrated
Tahhh
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by abobote: 8:36pm On Feb 29
yomi531:
Fried Rice
Salad
Shawarma
Pizza.
Banga soup.
Afang soup.

U guys mentioning Okpa never attended boarding sch I guess. Una dey miss . 100%
Una even dey call ewedu and gbegiri join. Chai, people dey miss oo😄
Just say that every food is overhyped.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Tranquility2345: 8:37pm On Feb 29
mariahAngel:
I know that in these perilous times, it might be difficult to consider any food "overhyped".
I mean, Nigerians eat anything these days, but then, take yourself back to when there was abundance. cheesy
Oya, what was that food that you were like what was the fuss about after finally eating it? cheesy

Egusi 🤢

Every time I chop am I must book appointment for toilet angry
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by 1Sharon(f): 8:37pm On Feb 29
YorubaKing:

Anoda Okoro Savage Cannibal in severe pains. 😂

Arabs eat ewedu, they call it molokhiya. It looks more appealing

2 Likes

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by yomi531(m): 8:40pm On Feb 29
Bruno3000:
That soup that contains periwinkles. Very disgusting.
Afang abi?

2 Likes

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:42pm On Feb 29
jetwonder:
grin grin grin
Bros, try black soup or white soup.
What about Afang soup?
A trial will convince you!!!
Which one
is black soup again? Though I have heard of it before.

Can I see a pic?
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by MyAmericandream(f): 8:42pm On Feb 29
Readinglamp:

But dem still dey use the white cassava starch on clothes na.

Anyway I love my starch and banga or owo sha.

Owo wetin? My father cook this food tire for me when I small I still no like. Very tastelss meal.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by yomi531(m): 8:44pm On Feb 29
abobote:

Just say that every food is overhyped.
Afang has this bitter taste I don't like. E dey do me like say I dey chop bitter leaf. As for banga, nothing sweet there joor. Its just there .

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:46pm On Feb 29
Funkyswagzz:

I hate oha soup don't see the hype in it
Me too
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by folake4u(f): 8:47pm On Feb 29
Pizza.
Shawarma.
Burger.
Drinking garri.
Pap/custard.
Oats.
Assorted meat.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:47pm On Feb 29
Emu4life:
Fishermen Soup
That shit is the most overhyped food in the World. Paid 6k for a plate on Monday in PH. I was extremely disappointed.
Never again.
Fishermen soup ke?
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by mariahAngel(f): 8:48pm On Feb 29
Tranquility2345:

Egusi 🤢

Every time I chop am I must book appointment for toilet angry

Where you dey go chop the egusi soup na im be the problem. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Boil Beans Quicker / 8 Best Chinese Restaurants In Abuja / A Rookie Guide To Cooking Premium Nigerian Stew (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.