Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Are Nigerian Men Cheap? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerian Men Cheap? (9548 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? / Why Do Nigerian Men Like Fat Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by HighChief4(m): 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2011
aloy@emeka:

As in, how happily do you think Nigerian men spend on their women?. Or are they always thrifty and sometimes stingy when it comes to giving their women money no matter how much they make?. How many Nigerian chics here can comfortably boast that their Nigerian man spoils then sillly with cash and expensive gifts?.I don't mean sugar daddies o.

You failed this time. How could you say that, some Nigerian men still give their babes houses, cars and enuf monthly allowance. Nigerian men are globally known for their generousity
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by stanech: 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2011
If u give too much you be mugu. If u no give @ all u stingy so for me I give moderately. Its better to be stingy than to be called a mugu or maga or maye etc,
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2011
True talk
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2011
I think Men need to stop reinforcing the stereotype of a Provider and Defender of the mythical hallowed female virtue. it is the 21st Century guy!! grin Women are educated, employed and independent - wetin be! she should be spending all that cash she has been storing away from different Male mugus on you. angry
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by SweetH20: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2011
This post stink. Why do men have to alway give. Are you women expecting gift not cheap? Why can't u spend on men. Better pay for your meal. Men are not your ATM, recharge card or your welfare system. Don't your parent feed and cloth you? Only prostitute get money and gift in return for friendship and benefit
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by aloyemeka4: 5:53pm On Nov 13, 2011
SweetH20:

This post stink. Why do men have to alway give. Are you women expecting gift not cheap?  Why can't u spend on men. Better pay for your meal. Men are not your ATM, recharge card or your welfare system. Don't your parent feed and cloth you?  Only LovePeddler get money and gift in return for friendship and benefit

C'mmon shutup and be a man and pick the tab. Whats makes you a man then if you cannot foot the bill?. The preek alone does not determine who is male these days because he may be a transexual. If you have a preek, act like you own and deserve it by standing up like a man and doing what men are supposed to do.Stop crying like a little princess.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by assayoutty: 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2011
[color=#006600][/color]
9ice pasts lov dats
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by aribisala0(m): 6:18pm On Nov 13, 2011
aloy@emeka:

C'mmon shutup and be a man and pick the tab. Whats makes you a man then if you cannot foot the bill?. The preek alone does not determine who is male these days because he may be a transexual. If you have a preek, act like you own and deserve it by standing up like a man and doing what men are supposed to do.Stop crying like a little princess.
it is clear you already know the answer to your question.
the part in bold is a very important cultural worldview of some BUT NOT ALL groups in nigeria.
as such people will kill ,kidnap or carry drugs to "BE MEN".
there are women who have 10 times more money than most men does that make them  MEN?
why start a new thread on what we seem to be talking about in a different thread every week.
the key issue is how should people bring up their daughters in this age .
should you train them to be  dependent wives or women who are financially secure.
it is an issue for hungry women or kerosene using women as they are otherwise known.
when you say pick up the tab? what  do you mean ? for her rent  her grocery what exactly.
in the western world where men and women compete for jobs that "BE A MAN " logic is rather outdated

i think there is a strong cultural variation in nigeria on this issue.
and is related to why some groups marry early and some marry much later.
times have changed and i know so many women  under 35 with good jobs brand new cars and good credit and their own homes in nigeria and here in england. so what tab do you pick up for such a woman??
i think as a man if you reach a point where you are having to pay a woman to be in a relationship and you cannot rely on your mouth alone then it is TIME TO MARRY.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by aloyemeka4: 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2011
aribisala0:

it is clear you already know the answer to your question.
the part in bold is a very important cultural worldview of some BUT NOT ALL groups in nigeria.
as such people will kill ,kidnap or carry drugs to "BE MEN".
there are women who have 10 times more money than most men does that make them  MEN?

why start a new thread on what we seem to be talking about in a different thread every week.
the key issue is how should people bring up their daughters in this age .
should you train them to be  dependent wives or women who are financially secure.
it is an issue for hungry women or kerosene using women as they are otherwise known.
when you say pick up the tab? what  do you mean ? for her rent  her grocery what exactly.
in the western world where men and women compete for jobs that "BE A MAN " logic is rather outdated

i think there is a strong cultural variation in nigeria on this issue.
and is related to why some groups marry early and some marry much later.
times have changed and i know so many women  under 35 with good jobs brand new cars and good credit and their own homes in nigeria and here in england. so what tab do you pick up for such a woman??
i think as a man if you reach a point where you are having to pay a woman to be in a relationship and you cannot rely on your mouth alone then it is TIME TO MARRY.

It doesn't matter just like there are men who are 10x stronger than a woman when it comes to enduring pain yet they cannot be made to carry pregnancy and endure the pains of  labor. The problem we have today is that there are so many human beings walking around with a preek but they are not men. Real men should take ownership of their gender and be bold to claim that they are men and pay the bill. He who pays the piper calls the shots. It didn't say she who pays the piper calls the shots.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by aribisala0(m): 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2011
3 POINTS
real men display that by being financially superior to their wives??
you are not making much sense pay the bill for WHAT exactly

so the guys married to
queen of england
okonjo-iweala
dora akunyili
are these real men

one consequence of industrialization is the emasculation of so called "REAL MEN" women and men compete in the market for the same jobs and as such in up to 40% of marriages the wife earns more what should happen.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by amefi(m): 6:48pm On Nov 13, 2011
Nigerian men are generally liberal
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2011
amefi:

Nigerian men are generally liberal

bro. franklin AMEFI!!! grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by runsgirl: 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2011
Watching and reading from the sidelines.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by MrsChima1(f): 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2011
A Nigerian man who loves his woman doesn't have any issue with spending on his woman especially if he has a woman that understand the importance of long lasting relationship isn't about how much money he spends and how many gifts he disburses but the [size=22pt]quality[/size] time he spends with his woman and family.  

That's priceless and no amount of money can buy that.   wink
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by aloyemeka4: 6:58pm On Nov 13, 2011
aribisala0:

3 POINTS
real men display that by being financially superior to their wives??
you are not making much sense pay the bill for WHAT exactly

so the guys married to
queen of england
okonjo-iweala
dora akunyili

are these real men

one consequence of industrialization is the emasculation of so called "REAL MEN" women and men compete in the market for the same jobs and as such in up to 40% of marriages the wife earns more what should happen.

Who said that those women listed above are married to losers?. If I remember correctly, Iweala's hussy is a neurosurgeon in the US, Akunyili's hussy is an industrialist. It is not really about how much we make, it is about the willingness for the man to pick the tab and spoil his woman with gifts. The cost of the gifts doesn't matter either as long as it is constant. It is your duty as man because God ordained you to do so. So stop using a woman's earning power to disqualify her from receiving monetary favors from you unless you are a cheap bollock.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by aribisala0(m): 7:02pm On Nov 13, 2011
aloy@emeka:

Who said that those women listed above are married to losers?. If I remember correctly, Iweala's hussy is a neurosurgeon in the US, Akunyili's hussy is an industrialist. It is not really about how much we make, it is about the willingness for the man to pick the tab and spoil his woman with gifts. The cost of the gifts doesn't matter either as long as it is constant. It is your duty as man because God ordained you to do so. So stop using a woman's earning power to disqualify her from receiving monetary favors from you unless you are a cheap bollock.
i am asking you questions so i can understand your reasoning why the use of abuse like cheap bollock.
do you wish to derail your thread?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by tlops(m): 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2011
Are the Nigerian women so "aqua gum" that they think they must be on the receiving end of gifts and love?

I think Nigerian men are quite generous compared to some nationalities.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by aloyemeka4: 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2011
aribisala0:

i am asking you questions so i can understand your reasoning why the use of abuse like cheap bollock.
do you wish to derail your thread?

Which question did you ask me again?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 13, 2011
aloy@emeka:

The fear of falling mugu is real, especially if the ralationship is new. Nigerians generally perceive generous people as mugu and that is kind of sad.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by aribisala0(m): 7:11pm On Nov 13, 2011
aloy@emeka:

Which question did you ask me again?
first you say pay the bill
then you say spoil her with gifts
i really do not understand your thinking or exposure.

does pay the bill  = give gifts
because that is not what it means in english
clarify
not ALL women want gifts that are bought with money.especially when you are married
many do but many others don't and prefer that you invest in your home,kids and future.
as such what is paying the piper and dictating the tune you seem to be contradicting your self.
i can hardly imagine a constant stream of gifts to the queen from her husband.
that is how parvenus think.
people who have had money in their family for long think very differently
if i understand you correctly a real man is a man who pays the bill and paying the bill mean means  giving his wife an endless stream of gifts ??
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by aloyemeka4: 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2011
aribisala0:

first you say pay the bill
then you say spoil her with gifts
i really do not understand your thinking or exposure.

does pay the bill  = give gifts
because that is not what it means in english
clarify
not ALL women want gifts that are bought with money.especially when you are married
many do but many others don't and prefer that you invest in your home,kids and future.
as such what is paying the piper and dictating the tune you seem to be contradicting your self.
i can hardly imagine a constant stream of gifts to the queen from her husband.
that is how parvenus think.
people who have had money in their family for long think very differently
if i understand you correctly a real man is a man who pays the bill and paying the bill mean means  giving his wife an endless stream of gifts ??

One way or the other, paying bills, picking tabs, giving gifts, etc have one common factor= spending money. My point is that real men should spend money on their women no matter how little and no matter how much the woman earns. Any man who draws parallel lines between how much he spends on the woman and how much she earns is either a gold digger or a cheapskate.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by babsomotde(m): 7:19pm On Nov 13, 2011
i can't say about others. But i am not cheap atall . Too much to be stain by any lady. God knows most
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 13, 2011
i love my baby and i spend a whole lot of money on her and give her good money too n i see nuttin wrong wit it, but i can spot a leach when i see one
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by aribisala0(m): 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2011
aloy@emeka:

One way or the other, paying bills, picking tabs, giving gifts, etc have one common factor= spending money. My point is that real men should spend money on their women no matter how little [/b]and no matter how much the woman earns. Any man who draws parallel lines between how much he spends on the woman and how much she earns is either a gold digger or a cheapskate.
you really do not have a point then because it is impossible for you to know people as friends and not spend money on them whether they are brothers cousins or even hungry neighbours so that "no matter how small" is a cop out.

you said [b]paying the bills
 paying the piper etc and that means being SIGNIFICANTLY responsible for her living costs so don't back out of that now.

very different from giving gifts which most fairly comfortable nigerians give to people who are not that close to them not to talk of a girlfriend

the reason i listed those 3 women was to illustrate that quite often  a woman does NOT need your input financially and their husbands are NOT PAYING THE BILL. how do you be a REAL MAN and dictate the tune in such circumstances.
as far as giving gifts is concerned
women are different and i know many women who would appreciate you washing her car  or writing her a poem more than any gift you can buy because THEY DO NOT NEED YOUR GIFTS on the other hand there are women who want gifts every month. it is not the buying of the gifts that is the issue but
can you do it romatically or not . the way you discuss it seems rather  more mercantile than romantic
the only thing i can say is based on what you have written so far you have been exposed to the lower end of the market and need to widen your horizons. not ALL women can be purchased with baubles.
i feel constrained to ask if you have ever left nigeria
spending money makes you a real man . hmm
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2011
@Aloy, let me spend all my money on you na. Which one you prefer? Direct deposit or Western Union?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by aloyemeka4: 7:44pm On Nov 13, 2011
Aigbofa:

@Aloy, let me spend all my money on you na. Which one you prefer? Direct deposit or Western Union?

Now a real man is talking. @Aribisala0, to the left to the left tongue tongue tongue tongue.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by redsun(m): 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2011
Nigeria system does not genuinely permit kindness.Everybody is wary of the other and willing to take any chance to rip off others.The system encourages cheating and rip offs because the leaders are cheats and cons.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 13, 2011
Naija don kolo now o, mugu, maga, wetin Na poverty sha, my papa buys and provided me everything cos what baby wants baby gets with my puppy face cry , wetin?

and I dont expect anything from a man except cards, I

love cards, although I will accept gift too if given to me and regard it as an extra plus, and cos of that my hubby spoilt me rotten when we re dating even my friends are jealous and

said it to my face . I think its the way you present yourself to a man, just my own opinion . I feel all your pain, (recession).
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by moonraker(m): 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2011
Thank God some posters on this thread talked abt the failling mugu thingy.

But pls ladies, ask yourself this question: Who created the mugu Concept??

Yep, ur guess is as good as mine, Heres what i think, life or experience has

thought nigerian men to be wiser. Its not being cheap per say, there is a limit

to what men can do when they are just dating, however when ur married, its a

different game entirely, my 2yen
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by SweetH20: 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2011
Aloy@Ameka u r clearly retardated. 'ode omo boy' money don't buy u love. Am sure your age is more than your IQ.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by MrCork17: 10:05pm On Nov 13, 2011
Homebased Nigerian men are cheap. UK based Nigerians are rich. duh! undecided
Re: Are Nigerian Men Cheap? by snthesis(m): 10:36pm On Nov 13, 2011
SEXKILLS SMOKES FAKE WE[i]ED[/i] grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lets See The Good Looking Guys And Ladies (share Ur Selfies)(photos) / The Stigmatization Of Single Mothers? Blu03's Opinion / Effects Of Drinking Garri For 4days Straight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.