Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,227 members, 7,815,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

I Want To Rant (photos) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Rant (photos) (5248 Views)

Here To Rant Excuse Me / It Takes A Special Kind Of Crazy To Rant Endlessly About Women Like Ilekokonit / A Thread For You To Rant. #rantingishealthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by Evolutionism: 1:40am On Mar 04
CaveAdullam:
The problem with being an African is that the errors and trials you would have experienced in your early teenage years till the mid-20s, to become fully grounded from 25, or let's say 30...is what you will start experiencing from your 30s.

Starting from this stage, you are distraught. You don't know which hook to hold, the road to follow, or who to listen to.

You become impatient because you are getting older and time is far spent.

Worse is that it's from 40 many start running helter-skelter because from 50 you are literally done with life. Don't allow the exception to deceive you. Proceeding from there you ought to be enjoying the fruits of your labor.

The sad thing is that nobody tells you from an early age.

Our parents have been bamboozled by religion and the hope of a better future. They just allow things to slide. They built us for the past, not for the present.

Not their fault though because they were using a prior template that was good but expired even before we were born. Hence, many youths of today are void except for their college degrees. Multitudes still lack a basic education.

No idea about navigating the world. No idea about money making. No idea about business. No idea about handling our problems. No idea about dealing with people. Just blank and empty.

They are like harmless and helpless flocks with the hope of using a degree to get their lives satisfaction and happily ever after.

As we speak, many don't know what to do. They don't know where to move to. They don't even know how to think. They are hopeless.

The promise of a better future was a facade. They fasted. They prayed. They served their father's land. Are humble and patriotic citizens, yet the goalpost gets farther away from them every time they come close to scoring a goal.

Ideas die faster in poor and underdeveloped nations.

The innovations that have sprung up in place of previous poverty had giants and great men who stood by the brains behind that idea. Like Vanderbilt to Rockefeller.

Rockefeller would have died like the average man if no one had been there to key into his oil exploration idea and adventure.

Things take extra power to survive in places of poverty. I mean power beyond the seven seas and oceans. That's why development and innovation in Africa can be counted on the fingers.

Converting your idea into a great innovation from a standpoint of integrity in a poor place takes something beyond your might, strength, and thought.
There's a higher probability of you dining with the devil to get it done even if it was and never your original intention.

But you got to do it because you want food to eat. You want to take care of momma. You want to see Papa look good like his youthful days.

You are like a naked migrant in a desert. The Sahara desert is even a testament to this. It has young Africans buried inside her belly who tried migrating to Europe because they couldn't survive the extreme power of the sand dune and vicious men of the Sahara.

You are empty. All you see is a sand dune.

Oasis? That's a black swan. Support? That's a fairy tale. Guidance? You're asking for magic.

That's the case of being an African.

Conditions are so tough that you'll begin to doubt your dreams. You'll think if your ambitions are grandiose. You'll think if you are making a mistake. Because despite your efforts and endeavors, nothing fruitful comes out. A futile result you get every day.

Meanwhile, your nonchalant peer in a developed world doesn't need to work as hard as you to get his basic needs met.

The funny thing is that as Africans, our daily struggle is to provide for our daily needs. Not for the party. Not for extravagance. To put food on your table, a good shelter, security, and good internet access.

However, millions of Africans have died without meeting their daily needs. They die poorer than the poverty line.

Seeing young African children today causes me a lot of fear. Not for the harm they will cause but for their future which is gonna be wasted under bad government and leadership. They are jolly and happy today, but their future is blink except a tsunami of change overtakes the African government for good.

And by the way, the crime rate in poor nations is usually high and extreme. Virtues and vices can't be void. You either get occupied with one and forgo the other. So when virtues are lost, expect the sons and daughters of Adam to dance in the playground of their most animalistic nature.

And here I have a problem with African mothers who intend to procreate beyond 2 kids. Like what do you need the extra kids for? You that have not fulfilled your dreams, what then do you have to help 3 or more kids to fulfill theirs?

Getting pregnant at this age, a sight to behold, a thing of good, and the joy of being a mother is metamorphosing into a horror scene.

Because if you don't have the basic necessities to cater to a child till the point of comfortable adulthood, you've done great wickedness to that child. And this circles us back to the opening of this post.

Africans seem not to even know their problem. Anyway, the majority are religious and filled with myriads of superstitions. They don't even know that they have been hostage in their lands. Locked by corrupt kinsmen.

Anyway, they will fight over tribal, religious, and political views. Still inside their cage. What a pathetic scene to behold.

Despite the obstacles, the few that can get going should keep going. Hope is the fire. It will one day illuminate our darkness and we will give light.

May those who are confused and lose hope find the courage once more to march on as gallant soldiers.

We don't know when we will find rest. But we know that this too shall pass away.

Evolutionism was here.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by Geovanni412(m): 3:23am On Mar 04
CaveAdullam:
The problem with being an African is that the errors and trials you would have experienced in your early teenage years till the mid-20s, to become fully grounded from 25, or let's say 30...is what you will start experiencing from your 30s.

Starting from this stage, you are distraught. You don't know which hook to hold, the road to follow, or who to listen to.

You become impatient because you are getting older and time is far spent.

Worse is that it's from 40 many start running helter-skelter because from 50 you are literally done with life. Don't allow the exception to deceive you. Proceeding from there you ought to be enjoying the fruits of your labor.

The sad thing is that nobody tells you from an early age.

Our parents have been bamboozled by religion and the hope of a better future. They just allow things to slide. They built us for the past, not for the present.

Not their fault though because they were using a prior template that was good but expired even before we were born. Hence, many youths of today are void except for their college degrees. Multitudes still lack a basic education.

No idea about navigating the world. No idea about money making. No idea about business. No idea about handling our problems. No idea about dealing with people. Just blank and empty.

They are like harmless and helpless flocks with the hope of using a degree to get their lives satisfaction and happily ever after.

As we speak, many don't know what to do. They don't know where to move to. They don't even know how to think. They are hopeless.

The promise of a better future was a facade. They fasted. They prayed. They served their father's land. Are humble and patriotic citizens, yet the goalpost gets farther away from them every time they come close to scoring a goal.

Ideas die faster in poor and underdeveloped nations.

The innovations that have sprung up in place of previous poverty had giants and great men who stood by the brains behind that idea. Like Vanderbilt to Rockefeller.

Rockefeller would have died like the average man if no one had been there to key into his oil exploration idea and adventure.

Things take extra power to survive in places of poverty. I mean power beyond the seven seas and oceans. That's why development and innovation in Africa can be counted on the fingers.

Converting your idea into a great innovation from a standpoint of integrity in a poor place takes something beyond your might, strength, and thought.
There's a higher probability of you dining with the devil to get it done even if it was and never your original intention.

But you got to do it because you want food to eat. You want to take care of momma. You want to see Papa look good like his youthful days.

You are like a naked migrant in a desert. The Sahara desert is even a testament to this. It has young Africans buried inside her belly who tried migrating to Europe because they couldn't survive the extreme power of the sand dune and vicious men of the Sahara.

You are empty. All you see is a sand dune.

Oasis? That's a black swan. Support? That's a fairy tale. Guidance? You're asking for magic.

That's the case of being an African.

Conditions are so tough that you'll begin to doubt your dreams. You'll think if your ambitions are grandiose. You'll think if you are making a mistake. Because despite your efforts and endeavors, nothing fruitful comes out. A futile result you get every day.

Meanwhile, your nonchalant peer in a developed world doesn't need to work as hard as you to get his basic needs met.

The funny thing is that as Africans, our daily struggle is to provide for our daily needs. Not for the party. Not for extravagance. To put food on your table, a good shelter, security, and good internet access.

However, millions of Africans have died without meeting their daily needs. They die poorer than the poverty line.

Seeing young African children today causes me a lot of fear. Not for the harm they will cause but for their future which is gonna be wasted under bad government and leadership. They are jolly and happy today, but their future is blink except a tsunami of change overtakes the African government for good.

And by the way, the crime rate in poor nations is usually high and extreme. Virtues and vices can't be void. You either get occupied with one and forgo the other. So when virtues are lost, expect the sons and daughters of Adam to dance in the playground of their most animalistic nature.

And here I have a problem with African mothers who intend to procreate beyond 2 kids. Like what do you need the extra kids for? You that have not fulfilled your dreams, what then do you have to help 3 or more kids to fulfill theirs?

Getting pregnant at this age, a sight to behold, a thing of good, and the joy of being a mother is metamorphosing into a horror scene.

Because if you don't have the basic necessities to cater to a child till the point of comfortable adulthood, you've done great wickedness to that child. And this circles us back to the opening of this post.

Africans seem not to even know their problem. Anyway, the majority are religious and filled with myriads of superstitions. They don't even know that they have been hostage in their lands. Locked by corrupt kinsmen.

Anyway, they will fight over tribal, religious, and political views. Still inside their cage. What a pathetic scene to behold.

Despite the obstacles, the few that can get going should keep going. Hope is the fire. It will one day illuminate our darkness and we will give light.

May those who are confused and lose hope find the courage once more to march on as gallant soldiers.

We don't know when we will find rest. But we know that this too shall pass away.

The bolded is the crux of the matter

The solution is simple,

Stop worrying about the past and how time has moved

It is annoying because you wonder. "did I make a mistake going for a masters degree or even a degree with all the effort I could?" , "of what use is my first class or 2:1 in law or psychology if people are asking me to listen to their complex problems for 5,000 naira?

And the most painful part is when you study a five or seven year course like law or medicine then immediately jumped into a masters degree. Now, you have all the papers but your mates who did a four year course and started working earlier are way better off financially than you.

Again, solution is to stop worrying and do what you can with the cards you are dealt with. Never forget that many of your peers are locked up in prison or in worse financial situations than you are.

Just think of your predicament as one who just escaped mental prison, time to start again. Pick up and learn a side hustle -join relevant free telegram groups like webcharmers and search groups like hacksnation to get the courses you need and start work from there.

As you struggle with your day job that pays minimal but sorts out the bills, just give the side hustle 30mins-1hr a day and plan for 6-9 months consistently working on it

Find an additional job, preferably, one that helps you interface with Nigerians abroad, example is academic writing for Nigerian students. These students don't have time because they need to combine caregiver work with school and sort out their papers. You can bill them with the dollar equivalent for each job, minimum of $50- $100.

DO this in combination with trying to improve your other online skills say copywriting or web designing. Just pick one skill and take courses on client acquisition.

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by Geovanni412(m): 3:30am On Mar 04
atoliman:

Go and farm, that is how our ancestors survived, the soil is fertile , the labor is hard but the yield is food. Once food is plentiful, there is hope to come. We have fertile land in Nigeria, we do not live in the Sahara desert where there is no vegetation. not all lands were taken by Bandits or Fulani Herdsmen. Rome was not build in one day, Europe was shitty back in the days- Read about the Black plague and see how bad things was in Europe. The problem with the youth is that many do not want to farm- They want shortcut to rich, but life does not work like that. If you do not work or evolve to work smarter, poverty will be your companion
There is hope in Africa, some countries in African are learning and doing better. The youth can learn the mistakes from the older generation and continues to make the same mistakes.

Farm where?

There is insecurity everywhere and in areas where insecurity is minimal, theft is rampant

People are unsure of their next meal.

Would you steal food from your neighbour's farm if you had a kid and you had no idea where your next meal will come from?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by Geovanni412(m): 3:34am On Mar 04
Akpabio22:
Very educative post how wish it can be on front page. See Africa biggest setback is religion I just watch a pastor at tunde post on Instagram. The pastor was praying for dollars to crash to naira just imagine the stupidity when you should be holding you politicians accountable for the looting and improper way of managing the economy. The other day I saw a post of a group of people praying for a faulty transformer to be good that any witch spoiling the transformer should die. Just imagine instead of them to hold there local chairman senator representing there ward accountable for neglecting them. I recommend this post once more undecided

Nflpmod, move this post to front page

There is a book called the power of negative thinking, by Bob Knight

Many Christians need to read the book

God does not interfere in things like football games or transformers. Our big boss is too busy playing many other games.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by Geovanni412(m): 3:47am On Mar 04
GodHimself:
What are the RIGHT topics for a REAL education.

Write a list.

A list that Teachers and sponsors can read, pick and run with.

Here's what I wish I knew 10 years ago and i'm still learning now:

1. Communication skills: We don't even understand the difference in tonalities of our voice and the impact it makes to our listeners. Many of us do not realise that a monotone voice sends the listener to sleep. A good course on this in Vinh Giang's stage V academy.

2. Sales skills : If you are not making money, it's because you can't sell. Fraudsters sell promises and people buy it yet you have an actual product but no customers. A good course on this is Jordan Belfort's Straight Line Certification and Sabri Suby's course (any of them)

3. Networking and Client Acquisition: For most of us, the only way we know of getting clients is by prayers and referrals from family and friends. But, the modern world requires more. One must learn cold emailing or using a platform like twitter or linkedin or specific platforms generic to your skillset to get clients. For linkedin, you will need to build an audience showing your skillset and from there get inbound leads.
Still working on this, but good course on this is anything from Shreya Pattar or just search for Linkedin in webcharmers, learnwithfaizan telegram group. Also, search for client acquisition.

4. Freelancing and online skills : Decide on an online skill you want to learn based on your current skillset and time it will take to adjust to it. Find relevant courses in the free telegram groups I mentioned. Learn about freelancing, you can learn about this from many courses on these groups I mentioned. Just pick two maximum and start learning.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by SIXFEETUNDER: 4:26am On Mar 04
GodHimself:

Write a list.

A list that Teachers and sponsors can read, pick and run with.

Just learn to code and learn to weld

1 Like

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by NOGRUDGES(m): 5:15am On Mar 04
achillesfoot:
. Don't take such people seriously.. People who are quick to label themselves cursed instead of recognizing the root cause of the chaos.. I tag them low self esteem idiots.. Africans who hate themselves for being Africans.

No one is born as low self esteem idiot, it all boils down to the kind of education we as individuals have received morally, spiritually and socially, exactly what this beautiful piece of write up has highlighted. "The negative outcome of the kind of education most African are helplessly subjected to"

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by owagbeba: 6:08am On Mar 04
Damian911:
Bro you're fvcking right, last week we were talking about the spiralling inflation affecting the nation and the woman was like with the condition of things we need serious prayers and I was like prayer? Instead of holding our leaders accountable and she was like we need to pray to God to allow the spirit of good governance posses them and I was like waoh shocked The prayer we have been praying pre 1960 up till now and she said prayers can never be too much rather it will be insufficient undecided Na so I just quiet šŸ¤
Religion has brainwashed this one beyond redemption cry

Now you see where lies our problemā€¦ the idea of a magical God. This basic ideology has indeed infected our thought process in this part of the world. Same is being promulgated by the clowns who call themselves MOG.

The thieving politicians like this widespread ideology because we often leave matters to GOD, and not hold them accountable. This spurs on their greed to loot more. How does one square the fact that a 72year old politician hid away over a billion dollars? At most he has less than 28 years of life leftā€¦ thatā€™s $100,000 a day to spend.

A mother who earns less than 30,000 as a combined income, and yet she says, ā€œGOD will take care of these kids.ā€ And you ask yourself, How? Why do we leave our responsibility to God.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by CaveAdullam: 7:22am On Mar 04
Geovanni412:

The solution is simple,

It is annoying because you wonder. "did I make a mistake going for a masters degree or even a degree with all the effort I could?" , "of what use is my first class or 2:1 in law or psychology if people are asking me to listen to their complex problems for 5,000 naira?

And the most painful part is when you study a five or seven year course like law or medicine then immediately jumped into a masters degree. Now, you have all the papers but your mates who did a four year course and started working earlier are way better off financially than you.

Again, solution is to stop worrying and do what you can with the cards you are dealt with. Never forget that many of your peers are locked up in prison or in worse financial situations than you are.

Just think of your predicament as one who just escaped mental prison, time to start again. Pick up and learn a side hustle -join relevant free telegram groups like webcharmers and search groups like hacksnation to get the courses you need and start work from there.

As you struggle with your day job that pays minimal but sorts out the bills, just give the side hustle 30mins-1hr a day and plan for 6-9 months consistently working on it

Find an additional job, preferably, one that helps you interface with Nigerians abroad, an example is academic writing for Nigerian students. These students don't have time because they need to combine caregiver work with school and sort out their papers. You can bill them with the dollar equivalent for each job, a minimum of $50- $100.

Do this in combination with trying to improve your other online skills say copywriting or web designing. Just pick one skill and take courses on client acquisition.

You've made a good point, man. I do appreciate it.

But you know what? It's always easier said than done.

Combining different hustles just to make ends meet is the problem of being a young African adult.

Meanwhile, being a skilled factory worker in a developed world gives you everything Africans pray and fast for yearly, day in and out.

In Africa, you need to know how to code + weld + write + speak good English + strong + know accounting + know how to communicate + use Microsoft tools + know how to bake + know how to cook + know how to design... before you can live like the average factory worker in a developed world.

Work from 9 - 5 + find a side hustle + work during weekends + do this + do that + blah blah blah. Many do break down, faint, and collapse along the way.

The human brain has a capacity for greatness. But not with a mind cluttered with 100 different things at a time.

Have we ever considered that the average Black IQ is below average; 85 out of 100? Even an average IQ of 100 is still a great biological disadvantage.

How then do you expect people of such IQ to maneuver their ways given the fact that intelligence has a positive correlation with conscientiousness, success, grit, positive thinking, industriousness, etc?

Do you actually think that many African youths haven't passed through the process you've espoused, especially Nigerian youths?

Go search how they have been caromed by the rejection of all kinds. Not because of their lack of skills at all. But because they are Africans. Many that have moved away from the Google location - Africa, bear testament that being labeled African in Africa is a serious issue when it comes to dealing with the international community.

Africans are now like a cursed race. Because we are at the bottom of the bottomless pit.

The many activities Africans do today to make ends meet aren't what they have passion for. That's why it's very difficult for many to start and break through. It takes a sound IQ + extreme diligence to scale the process you've enlisted.

Some just want to own a farm, feed from it, and sell the excesses. Not hustling for foreign clients.

Some just want a small business to serve their local community. Not registering on various payment sites and fasting and praying to get your first pay after a tedious job well done.

You need to step out of the house into the field to see that the average African youth isn't lazy. These people scavenge smelly gutters and dustbins and refuse sites to make ends meet. They stand under the hot sun + heavy rainfall on highways to scream for both passengers and buyers.

They are not innocent of their vices. They are not free of their ignorance. However, they work very hard. Whether you call it smart work or hard work.

The average African youth is not lazy. They may be doing the wrong thing or wrong work. But they are not lazy.

Starting somewhere has never been a problem. But wait till you finish. It will seem as if you wasted your time during the process of learning.

Can you checkmate insecurity as an individual?
Can you checkmate bad roads?
Can you checkmate arrogant road users?
Can you checkmate the government sectors established for the welfare of citizens?

We've not talked about cases of emergency. Your diligence + stoicism + discipline wouldn't save you under critical medical conditions. You need a good doctor + good nurse in a good hospital to treat you.

Wait till you get to the hospital before you hear how useless and trashy the nation and continent are. After referring you from one hospital to another. You'll even start praying for death. Because the stress alone is worse than it.

These are things that are beyond your control but have a great impact on your life.

This thread is to rant, rant, and rant. Ranting is allowed.

However, Africans can't sit down expecting a magical or supernatural change.

Only we have the power to change our situations for good. From an individual to a continental level.

And of course, that's where your solution comes into play, despite the difficulty.

Thanks.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by A001: 7:35am On Mar 04
Cool thread. Good contributions from different posters, especially CaveAdullam and Geovanni412.

There's a lot of substance in Geovanni412's submission.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by ItisWell22(f): 7:53am On Mar 04
Geovanni412:

The solution is simple,

DO this in combination with trying to improve your other online skills say copywriting or web designing. Just pick one skill and take courses on client acquisition.

The emboldened has made my life a-lot easier than envisaged, that people close to me tend to wonder how I keep up.
No pressure of any kind whatsoever.

1. Accept fate

2. try changing the ones you can (requires a sense of awareness, acknowledgment, consistent hard work)
This is in tandem with the last paragraph above.

3. ignore the ones you canā€™t. āœŒļø

CaveAdullam:

Meanwhile, being a skilled factory worker in a developed world gives you everything Africans pray and fast for yearly, day in and out.

In Africa, you need to know how to code + weld + write + speak good English + strong + know accounting + know how to communicate + use Microsoft tools + know how to bake + know how to cook + know how to design... before you can live like the average factory worker in a developed world.

Work from 9 - 5 + find a side hustle + work during weekends + do this + do that + blah blah blah. Many do break down, faint, and collapse along the way.

The human brain has a capacity for greatness. But not with a mind cluttered with 100 different things at a time.

Go search how they have been caromed by the rejection of all kinds. Not because of their lack of skills at all. But because they are Africans. Many that have moved away from the Google location - Africa, bear testament that being labeled African in Africa is a serious issue when it comes to dealing with the international community.

Starting somewhere has never been a problem. But wait till you finish. It will seem as if you wasted your time during the process of learning.

Can you checkmate the government sectors established for the welfare of citizens?

We've not talked about cases of emergency. Your diligence + stoicism + discipline wouldn't save you under critical medical conditions. You need a good doctor + good nurse in a good hospital to treat you.

Wait till you get to the hospital before you hear how useless and trashy the nation and continent are. After referring you from one hospital to another. You'll even start praying for death. Because the stress alone is worse than it.

These are things that are beyond your control but have a great impact on your life.

And of course, that's where your solution comes into play, despite the difficulty.

Thanks.

šŸ˜¢

It is well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by Damian911: 8:02am On Mar 04
owagbeba:

Now you see where lies our problemā€¦ the idea of a magical God. This basic ideology has indeed infected our thought process in this part of the world. Same is being promulgated by the clowns who call themselves MOG.

The thieving politicians like this widespread ideology because we often leave matters to GOD, and not hold them accountable. This spurs on their greed to loot more. How does one square the fact that a 72year old politician hid away over a billion dollars? At most he has less than 28 years of life leftā€¦ thatā€™s $100,000 a day to spend.

A mother who earns less than 30,000 as a combined income, and yet she says, ā€œGOD will take care of these kids.ā€ And you ask yourself, How? Why do we leave our responsibility to God.

If you can remember in the US in the past when AA were subjugated by the whites they often pray and turn to God they found solace in religion they believe since they didn't have a better life on earth, they'd live to the fullest in Heaven

The same path some Nigerians especially elderly are towing and it's very unfortunate. The Youth who could have taken responsibility of taking back their country have either travelled out, deeply engrossed in crime others are wasting away on social media infact I feel sorry for this Alpha generation and the new citizens (new born) of this their future. In as much as Nigeria is concerned they gat no future except a tsunami of change, a tornado of revolution occurs

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by GuestReader88: 8:06am On Mar 04
Geovanni412:

The solution is simple,

Find an additional job, preferably, one that helps you interface with Nigerians abroad, example is academic writing for Nigerian students. These students don't have time because they need to combine caregiver work with school and sort out their papers. You can bill them with the dollar equivalent for each job, minimum of $50- $100.

Please, do you know Telegram groups or WhatsApp groups for writing and research/academic writing or teaching jobs?
Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by CaveAdullam: 8:11am On Mar 04
GodHimself:

Write a list.

A list that Teachers and sponsors can read, pick, and run with.

1. A history of Africa: the past, present, and future.

2. Reading and writing, and good communication. English + native language.

This will be solely focused on (1) above Nothing else.

3. Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.

This will be focused on starting with little innovations + deciphering how to make them become small to big businesses.

Because as you continue learning you need to have some earnings too.

Other topics and subjects can come later after reasonable progress.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by CaveAdullam: 8:27am On Mar 04
ItisWell22:

The emboldened has made my life a lot easier than envisaged, and people close to me tend to wonder how I keep up.
No pressure of any kind whatsoever.

1. Accept fate

2. try changing the ones you can (requires a sense of awareness, acknowledgment, consistent hard work)
This is in tandem with the last paragraph above.

3. ignore the ones you canā€™t. āœŒļø

šŸ˜¢

It is well.

I agree. There are some things you can't change in life. However, most of those things are the schemes of nature and ones not within the strength of men at the moment.

E.g. Natural disaster. Death. The past.

But you know what?

Most of the things we've left to fate are things a 10-man committee filled with honorable men can solve. With the masses behind them.

We've left the basic needs of life to fate because we live, breathe, eat, and move in a cesspool.

We leave clean water to fate.
We leave farms to fate.
We leave security to fate.
We leave good hospitals to fate.
We leave good roads to fate.
We leave electricity to fate.
We leave national development to fate.

The above now looks like the supernatural because we've been harassed, ransacked, and fvcked in the hole by useless government and poverty.

Developed world are trying by all means to bring nature to her knees. So that humans can fully be in charge. A biological company has started preserving dead bodies with the hope of resurrection.

Right here in Africa... Very funny place to be.

Lol.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by Geovanni412(m): 8:53am On Mar 04
CaveAdullam:

Combining different hustles just to make ends meet is the problem of being a young African adult.

Have we ever considered that the average Black IQ is below average; 85 out of 100? Even an average IQ of 100 is still a great biological disadvantage.

How then do you expect people of such IQ to maneuver their ways given the fact that intelligence has a positive correlation with conscientiousness, success, grit, positive thinking, industriousness, etc?

Do you actually think that many African youths haven't passed through the process you've espoused, especially Nigerian youths?

Africans are now like a cursed race. Because we are at the bottom of the bottomless pit.

The many activities Africans do today to make ends meet aren't what they have passion for. That's why it's very difficult for many to start and break through. It takes a sound IQ + extreme diligence to scale the process you've enlisted.

Some just want to own a farm, feed from it, and sell the excesses. Not hustling for foreign clients.

Some just want a small business to serve their local community. Not registering on various payment sites and fasting and praying to get your first pay after a tedious job well done.

You need to step out of the house into the field to see that the average African youth isn't lazy. These people scavenge smelly gutters and dustbins and refuse sites to make ends meet. They stand under the hot sun + heavy rainfall on highways to scream for both passengers and buyers.

They are not innocent of their vices. They are not free of their ignorance. However, they work very hard. Whether you call it smart work or hard work.

The average African youth is not lazy. They may be doing the wrong thing or wrong work. But they are not lazy.

Only we have the power to change our situations for good. From an individual to a continental level.

Thanks.

You are correct. I spoke from the perspective of a guy with above average IQ even from my examples.

It's hard to compress every perspective in one post

For the other perspective,

What the person can do is this...

Learn communication skills and learn sales skills

Search for remote closer training on YouTube and go deep into it then apply for jobs online . There are free courses by Sean Sena and others there.

OR
Take a course on sales by Jordan Belfort, get the course from the telegram.groups I earlier mentioned. Then, Use the skills and try and help businesses around you. If you can get clients for a businessman in Lagos on a regular basis, I believe that man will pay you but you'd have to be smart to avoid the scammy ones among them who want to cheat you.
Alternatively, you can agree with them to take their products and sell it for them whilst you build your capital and inventory.

I'll address some of your other issues in another post
Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by Geovanni412(m): 9:04am On Mar 04
Now, you mentioned that many Africans have been through the process and rejection bla bla bla

Ask them, how many of them have sent 1000 cold emails?

I can guarantee you that number reduces from 100 to 5.

How many of them have applied to 500 jobs?

Again , that number reduces significantly

Job search is never easy.

I'd advise people to Read this post about this Asian guy that applied to 300 jobs and got rejected by 99% of them even with his strong academic credentials

https://www./what-i-learned-from-applying-300-jobs-being-rejected-99-desmond-lim

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by Geovanni412(m): 9:12am On Mar 04
CaveAdullam:

Thanks.

Now,you mentioned issues of deep seated poverty.

Look, there is no solution to that and even in the USA, there are people who survive in the same way

Have you not heard about trailer parks and people living on food stamps?

Even the Bible acknowledges that the poor shall forever remain in your midst

Now, The issue of learning and wondering where to apply the skill is caused by academic thinking

The first skill to learn is client acquisition and not whatever online skill you think will bring in the pungees. You must understand how to get the clients first and if it is sth you can do or afford to do.

I've already talked a bit on some of the options in my earlier posts

Now, you mentioned they need to focus on like ten different things to make money.

That is why they fail

Why not focus on one or two things and change the way you charge money on these things online. Try and get clients and avoid Fiverr and Upwork if you want good money.

If it's one on one, I can bill a client $200 for my skill and they will pay. But, can I do that on Fiverr or Upwork?

The answer is No.

If you must do Upwork, at least take the time to do a course by someone making the type of money you want but preferably, stick to one on one clients.

On the issue of insecurity, bad roads etc.. those are things you cannot control.

I'll address the issue of healthcare in another post

1 Like

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by Geovanni412(m): 9:13am On Mar 04
As for the issue of healthcare,

No one has control over issues such as accidents and the attendant healthcare in Africa.

But what we do have control over is the issue of lifestyle diseases.

If you eat properly, you will not take malaria medicine in 3 years.

This is my personal experience.

What do I mean by eating properly, even if you don't have much money, try and eat once a day but ensure you eat onions, garlic and take basil leaf tea, morninga tea, lemon grass tea.

If you take three out of these five things regularly and you eat even once a day, you no go attend hospital for issues like malaria

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by Bonjovi13: 9:14am On Mar 04
Hey Man
Don't be so melancholic and pessimistic.
As much as I get where you are coming from, you can't help yourself and anyone if you believe that its all sadness and gloom.

I agree with you that African leaders have failed us. Is it there fault really? I would say partly but not entirely. Lemme explain

The African leaders that were met by the early white men, were born in an era where the dominance and civilisation of Africa had waned.
For hundreds of years, Africa lost her civilisation and returned to voodoo and spiritism. Due to innate fear and insecurities they courted and indulged their basic instincts.

They only wanted to fight and
conquer their fellow Africans. Same kind of fear we see today in Africa. The fear of poverty and FOMO that inspires the basic
instincts of Africans to do anything to escape and acquire and acquire.

Back to our fathers. Our early fathers were at the lowest ebb of their lives, creativity , resourcefulness and educational enlightenment were limited only to their bloothirst.

Enter the white man, with their sophistication, civilisation and the shiny evidences of their creativity. No one needed to tell our fathers that these white men had something that they didn't have. Their ships, weapons of war, household equipments and even their methods of farming, medicine were different but effective.

But perhaps the most impressive for our fathers was the weapons of warfare and the effectiveness of the gun.

As soon as the white man showed superiority in that very area of war and bloodletting that our fathers had majored in, they bowed and submitted to the white man. Infact most saw and took the white man as gods.

All the gods, beliefs and things our fathers believed in had failed and they had experienced the superiority of the white man's magic.

As with any war, whether physical or psychological, to the winners belongs the spoils.

Whilst our fathers were busy trying to assimilate and become the white man, the white man was busy studying our fathers, their medicine, their voodoo, their psychology and everything else in between.

Then they began the indoctrination of Africa
First they made Africa believe that their belief system was outdated, their science was flawed. Their gods were not powerful and was actually demonic even the ones who served and worshipped the good and benevolent creator God.

Then they began to replace their educational structures and methods. Thought them their own maths and English. Thought them their own laws and gave them their own calendar
You know the rest.

But perhaps the worst thing that the west thought our fathers was adoration of the white man,the love of the white man's money and the dependence on the white man's validation.

These have not left us till today. Our African fathers would do anything, sell our resources and heritage just to acquire the white man's money, receive the approval and validation of the white man. The white man only has to reform their structures but its basically the same.IMF, the World Bank, Central Banks, DFIDs and all the development agencies of the West with deep tentacles in Africa. It has remained the same.

With the humongous resources and wealth they have stolen from Africa, the white men can pull so much strings in Africa. Spin the narratives, install and change Presidents that have desired to change the status quo( Ghadafi etc and assassinated people who have fought for Africa.

Enter 2024, the biggest fear of the white man is the youths of Africa. We know what out fathers didn't know. That the white man is a scam,a thief and a magician. He is not superior to us. We can and will beat them on any level.

So what do they do? They use our governments to keep us down. When a man is in survival mode, what can he do? He is only concerned about how to meet his basic needs. He cannot think of higher ideals.

See how Nigerians do well when they are in saner climes but same Nigerians struggle to survive in Nigeria. That is proof that you are not flawed. It is the system that keeps you frustrated. I could go on and on.

Solution. Find and hold onto the source of life, wisdom and wealth..that is God. Find him for He is the source of life. Africa had civilisation when they were with God. Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin destroys them.

He is a rewarded of those who diligently seek Him. I'm talking about God not as a Christian or denominational God.

No, I am taking about finding God as the supreme being who rules in the affairs of men. As soon as a man or nation finds God and applies His principles, they will not fail to rise and experience all round prosperity .

I am talking from personal experience. Where I am today, no one would have thought it possible cos I didn't have the connections, the pedigree. But as I applied God's principles for myself. Not because of a church. As I knew God perdo, He lifted and is lifting me up.

So yeah, the destiny solution for Africa is finding itself and it can only be within the confines of a divine and God giving purpose.

Pardon my mistakes and long write up. Those who gets it will get it.

PS: Get me right. The foundation is God
The next thing is the application of wisdom. Apply yourself. Be diligent in study and work. See knowledge. Be the best at what you do. Be a generous giver. A man prospers to the extent that he is able and willing to give.
Network, Build your confidence and reach out. Dont take no for an answer . Worry them.
Most importantly, under money and financial management. Know that it is important to save but more importantly to invest your savings.

Finally whether you believe it or not the spiritual controls the physical. Normal hustle would not give you the breakthrough you need. You need power to succeed. A superior force has to help you.
Most people, celebs, captains of industries, Top Politicians and even big countries are using powers that are not Godly but still powerful. You can't compete with them with your small wisdom or strength.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by Geovanni412(m): 9:19am On Mar 04
GuestReader88:

Please, do you know Telegram groups or WhatsApp groups for writing and research/academic writing or teaching jobs?

What is your skillset (area of study)?

DM me on telegram (same handle) about that and I will link you up with my guy that runs a group that handles such.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by Geovanni412(m): 9:24am On Mar 04
Bonjovi13:
Hey Man
Don't be so melancholic and pessimistic.
As much as I get where you are coming from, you can't help yourself and anyone if you believe that its all sadness and gloom.

I agree with you that African leaders have failed us. Is it there fault really? I would say partly but not entirely. Lemme explain

The African leaders that were met by the early white men, were born in an era where the dominance and civilisation of Africa had waned.
For hundreds of years, Africa lost her civilisation and returned to voodoo and spiritism. Due to innate fear and insecurities they courted and indulged their basic instincts.

They only wanted to fight and
conquer their fellow Africans. Same kind of fear we see today in Africa. The fear of poverty and FOMO that inspires the basic
instincts of Africans to do anything to escape and acquire and acquire.

Back to our fathers. Our early fathers were at the lowest ebb of their lives, creativity , resourcefulness and educational enlightenment were limited only to their bloothirst.

Enter the white man, with their sophistication, civilisation and the shiny evidences of their creativity. No one needed to tell our fathers that these white men had something that they didn't have. Their ships, weapons of war, household equipments and even their methods of farming, medicine were different but effective.

But perhaps the most impressive for our fathers was the weapons of warfare and the effectiveness of the gun.

As soon as the white man showed superiority in that very area of war and bloodletting that our fathers had majored in, they bowed and submitted to the white man. Infact most saw and took the white man as gods.

All the gods, beliefs and things our fathers believed in had failed and they had experienced the superiority of the white man's magic.

As with any war, whether physical or psychological, to the winners belongs the spoils.

Whilst our fathers were busy trying to assimilate and become the white man, the white man was busy studying our fathers, their medicine, their voodoo, their psychology and everything else in between.

Then they began the indoctrination of Africa
First they made Africa believe that their belief system was outdated, their science was flawed. Their gods were not powerful and was actually demonic even the ones who served and worshipped the good and benevolent creator God.

Then they began to replace their educational structures and methods. Thought them their own maths and English. Thought them their own laws and gave them their own calendar
You know the rest.

But perhaps the worst thing that the west thought our fathers was adoration of the white man,the love of the white man's money and the dependence on the white man's validation.

These have not left us till today. Our African fathers would do anything, sell our resources and heritage just to acquire the white man's money, receive the approval and validation of the white man. The white man only has to reform their structures but its basically the same.IMF, the World Bank, Central Banks, DFIDs and all the development agencies of the West with deep tentacles in Africa. It has remained the same.

With the humongous resources and wealth they have stolen from Africa, the white men can pull so much strings in Africa. Spin the narratives, install and change Presidents that have desired to change the status quo( Ghadafi etc and assassinated people who have fought for Africa.

Enter 2024, the biggest fear of the white man is the youths of Africa. We know what out fathers didn't know. That the white man is a scam,a thief and a magician. He is not superior to us. We can and will beat them on any level.

So what do they do? They use our governments to keep us down. When a man is in survival mode, what can he do? He is only concerned about how to meet his basic needs. He cannot think of higher ideals.

See how Nigerians do well when they are in saner climes but same Nigerians struggle to survive in Nigeria. That is proof that you are not flawed. It is the system that keeps you frustrated. I could go on and on.

Solution. Find and hold onto the source of life, wisdom and wealth..that is God. Find him for He is the source of life. Africa had civilisation when they were with God. Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin destroys them.

He is a rewarded of those who diligently seek Him. I'm talking about God not as a Christian or denominational God.

No, I am taking about finding God as the supreme being who rules in the affairs of men. As soon as a man or nation finds God and applies His principles, they will not fail to rise and experience all round prosperity .

I am talking from personal experience. Where I am today, no one would have thought it possible cos I didn't have the connections, the pedigree. But as I applied God's principles for myself. Not because of a church. As I knew God perdo, He lifted and is lifting me up.

So yeah, the destiny solution for Africa is finding itself and it can only be within the confines of a divine and God giving purpose.

Pardon my mistakes and long write up. Those who gets it will get it.

The bolded is true.

All through secondary school and university, I never received feedback on why I got a particular grade.

This is not so for people in the UK system.. in their university, if they grade you a B. They explain why they gave you that and what you need to improve upon. The evaluator may write that you need to improve upon your fluency or grammar structure.

The only feedback you get in Nigeria is the answer and how to write it the way the lecturer wants. I have not seen where they gave feedback about coherence of sentences and writing style.

Our educational system, right now , in terms of improving average guys to get better is garbage

Feedback and better communication is why average hardworking students in Nigeria go to UK and get first class easily.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by HugeElephant(f): 1:13pm On Mar 04
Whatever you do, dont give up.
Always keep pushing no matter how hard the situation might be. It's better than not trying at all or lamenting about the situations around us.

It's also tough in other countries around the world. Hardship and several kinds of obstacles are a common factor when trying to achieve in life. It's not as if anyone has it easy. We'll some might be lucky sha

If you want to lament from morning till night there will always be situations that are out of your control

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by jidobaba(m): 1:14pm On Mar 04
CaveAdullam:

I agree. There are some things you can't change in life. However, most of those things are the schemes of nature and ones not within the strength of men at the moment.

E.g. Natural disaster. Death. The past.

But you know what?

Most of the things we've left to fate are things a 10-man committee filled with honorable men can solve. With the masses behind them.

We've left the basic needs of life to fate because we live, breathe, eat, and move in a cesspool.

We leave clean water to fate.
We leave farms to fate.
We leave security to fate.
We leave good hospitals to fate.
We leave good roads to fate.
We leave electricity to fate.
We leave national development to fate.

The above now looks like the supernatural because we've been harassed, ransacked, and fvcked in the hole by useless government and poverty.

Developed world are trying by all means to bring nature to her knees. So that humans can fully be in charge. A biological company has started preserving dead bodies with the hope of resurrection.

Right here in Africa... Very funny place to be.

Lol.

Economic oppression is a horror. Like my guy would say, 'we just dey on autopilot '. One unremarkable day is indistinguishable from the next, muddled in a haze just for survival. Life in these parts is brutish and short. Like crabs in a bucket, we cannot collaborate for freedom. But rather the fellow who, briefly, manages to rise above the poverty line fancies himself a sage or God's chosen. He begins to tell you that he alone (and by God's grace) improved his condition and how you must do the same and not 'rant'. He is not roused to anger by the suffocation around him. He will not stand with you and fight. In his mind he is blessed and better pass hin neighbor.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by CaveAdullam: 2:08pm On Mar 04
jidobaba:
Economic oppression is a horror. Like my guy would say, 'we just dey on autopilot '. One unremarkable day is indistinguishable from the next, muddled in a haze just for survival. Life in these parts is brutish and short. Like crabs in a bucket, we cannot collaborate for freedom. But rather the fellow who, briefly, manages to rise above the poverty line fancies himself a sage or God's chosen. He begins to tell you that he alone (and by God's grace) improved his condition and how you must do the same and not 'rant'. He is not roused to anger by the suffocation around him. He will not stand with you and fight. In his mind he is blessed and better pass hin neighbor.

You can say this again and again.

The mindset of the average Nigerian is to score one goal and claim the trophy, forgetting that there are still more games in the future.

That's the consequence of being dealt mercilessly with the whips of poverty and lack. Funnily, these sets of people treat their neighbors with disdain and impatience.

Once they have seen the light, they don't mind closing others to darkness. You can see how major activists have become reticent or just playing along and deceiving the people.

Once the money + connection is there, the rest can go fvck themselves.

They forget that no part of the body is free from malignant cancer even if starts at the tiniest toe on the ground.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by oladotun948: 2:18pm On Mar 04
are you CHRISTFUCKER?are you CHRISTFUCKER?...
Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by yungevvy(m): 6:18pm On Mar 04
pansophist:
Nairaland no get many sections. This topic no fit romance

Sometimes, I wan write some kind of stuff, I go search all the sections, but none fit am. Then I go just bone.

I've always mused on the idea of Nairaland having something like a philosophy forum.
Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by jidobaba(m): 6:54pm On Mar 04
CaveAdullam:

You can say this again and again.

The mindset of the average Nigerian is to score one goal and claim the trophy, forgetting that there are still more games in the future.

That's the consequence of being dealt mercilessly with the whips of poverty and lack. Funnily, these sets of people treat their neighbors with disdain and impatience.

Once they have seen the light, they don't mind closing others to darkness. You can see how major activists have become reticent or just playing along and deceiving the people.

Once the money + connection is there, the rest can go fvck themselves.

They forget that no part of the body is free from malignant cancer even if starts at the tiniest toe on the ground.

Also, another telling sign of a defeated/sabotaged economy is near-universal harlotry. And Nigerian women think that they are balling. Reminiscent of Nazi-occupied France during WW2.
https://www.nairaland.com/8019978/alibaba-expose-nollywood-actresses-sleep
Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by Abyounghammed(m): 8:18pm On Mar 04
HayTerran:
None of these is a lie. I share these facts. But all that you propose lack the way forward. That's the problem we have, we are aware of our problems but ignorant of how to approach and solve them. What do you propose?

Probably majority lacks self awareness

1 Like

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by pansophist(m): 9:01pm On Mar 04
yungevvy:

I've always mused on the idea of Nairaland having something like a philosophy forum.

I would have loved it, but Nairaland doesn't have it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by SIXFEETUNDER: 9:21pm On Mar 04
pansophist:

I would have loved it, but Nairaland doesn't have it.

That's what the literature section is for
Re: I Want To Rant (photos) by GodHimself: 11:50am On Mar 05
Thank you.

If I get you right, you're saying the African Youth must be taught:

1. Their true Identity as Africans + the ability to self-educate
2. Present day High-income Skills

CaveAdullam:

1. A history of Africa: the past, present, and future.

2. Reading and writing, and good communication. English + native language.

This will be solely focused on (1) above Nothing else.

3. Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.

This will be focused on starting with little innovations + deciphering how to make them become small to big businesses.

Because as you continue learning you need to have some earnings too.

Other topics and subjects can come later after reasonable progress.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic By A Cameroonian Actress / Why Do Men Spend So Much Time Chasing Women They Donā€™t Plan To Wife Up? / The Modern Day Girl And Stupidity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.