Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President (21800 Views)

Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today / Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by airsaylongcome: 11:10am On Mar 06
adioolayi:

Civilization is good.

For this aspect of food scarcity..we can comfortably adjust.

Lol!
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by flokii: 11:11am On Mar 06
OriginalZombiE:

Horrible economic policies of your President has increased their cost of production.
How do you expect them to make profit?

Use your head. It's not everything federal government needs to intervene in.
We are not running a dictatorship yet

Say what you know or keep quiet..

Those foreigners have turned to institutionalized cabal in Nigeria acting as if they are above the Government.. What they can't try in their own countries is what they do to African countries they have no regard for.

Which yeye economic policies will make them increase price from 8.5k to 18k?.. dey there dey mum.u yourself.
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Kelvin5214: 11:11am On Mar 06
Yoruba people don carry president come cheesy
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by JChris01: 11:12am On Mar 06
Authoreety:
Just imagine.. all those companies that produce all these unhealthy foods should be boycotted..

Indomie isnt even healthy ...

Nonsense!
Let me ask... if they boycott this foods, whats the alternative? one that is affordable also healthy.

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by blackboy2star(m): 11:12am On Mar 06
Noodles wey they hard to digest for human body and not adding value to the body kan dey expensive

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by merits(m): 11:12am On Mar 06
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by BigYash: 11:13am On Mar 06
adioolayi:

Rice is a choice and in making your choice, affordability is key.

My message is for those that can't afford rice...we were eating something before rice.
Rice is one food everyone enjoy,most especially kids. And it was very cheap before APC came into power.. Your message should be to APC.. That they should returned the country back to where they met her during Gej. We are supposed to be moving forward as a nation, but APC is taking the country way back..

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Lifted1(m): 11:14am On Mar 06
Watianoengineer:
The solution to this is feeding once daily. Feeding once daily has its advantages as it helps reduces obesity and diabetes. Too much consumption of food is detrimental to our health. Let's try to persevere and endure a little longer as President Tinubu is working extremely hard to fix our economy. His renewed hope agenda and track record in Lagos should give us hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Let's support our President and pray God grant him good health as he strives to turn our country into an economic Giant.
you forgot to tell them to go back to cooking with firewood, trekking/riding on camel back and dressing with leaves.
While the cr00ks you're praying for are vacationing in paris, wearing ₦146 million watches , and carrying out ₦10 billion home renovations, . . . as you continue to patiently endure.
such empirical clowns

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by mariahAngel(f): 11:14am On Mar 06
adioolayi:
Go back to Egbo and Ewa, Ekuru, Moinmoin, Alapa, Amala, Eba, Iyan, Ogi

Do away with Indomie, Rice and Spaghetti..

We kuku no dey eat them years back..na civilisation put us here.

Are those cheap?
Corn and beans, are they cheap?
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by CCIA: 11:14am On Mar 06
Jennyclay:
Scary part is that, 5k can no longer cook a pot of soup. Just a kilo of Titus fish is sold for #5,100 here in my area.

May God help us undecided
Increasing the price for hookup proportionally will solve this.

last last you will be ok cool
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Confirm4real(m): 11:15am On Mar 06
Renewed shege tongue

And people salary no increase o...
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by lollymor: 11:15am On Mar 06
adioolayi:

Indeed, what exactly prompts you to make such a statement? You've just delivered a response so utterly disconnected from reality that it's baffling. Do you genuinely believe, in your assessment, that the options discussed are more affordable? I would urge you to take a moment to check the current prices of staples such as beans and corn in Nigeria, and then, perhaps, you might wish to revise your statement.

Moreover, the true essence of governance, especially within the context of a nation like Nigeria, is determined by the degree to which the ruling bodies are committed to preventing the widespread hardship of the general populace. Before resorting to measures that could lead to extensive suffering, a responsible government explores all possible alternatives.

Had the Nigerian government truly prioritized the well-being of its citizens, numerous other strategies could have been considered prior to adopting the ill-conceived policies that have plagued us over the past several months.

The sad reality is that the majority of Nigerians have never been privy to effective governance, which in turn profoundly influences how we select and endorse our leaders. The fundamental principle that leaders are elected to serve the people seems to have been forgotten; they should not be enriching themselves at the public's expense. Unfortunately, due to years of neglect and mismanagement, the average Nigerian's perception of leadership is severely distorted.

This systemic betrayal has conditioned many to accept a perverse form of governance, where the interests of the few overshadow the needs of the many. The narrative that leaders are to amass wealth from the sweat of the populace is not only incorrect but deeply harmful. This distorted acceptance of leadership roles and responsibilities is, I believe, one of the most heartbreaking realities facing our nation. It's a situation that continually weighs heavily on my heart, reflecting a profound disconnect between the governed and those in power.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by 1000angstroms(m): 11:16am On Mar 06
adioolayi:

What of those working in those companies, Hope you have rooms to accommodate them when they are laid off?

I have never seen this type and colour of wickedness in my life.

5 Likes

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by RepoMan007: 11:16am On Mar 06
Chummynoni:
Unemployment looming. When cost of production is high, price increases, demand falls, quantity produced reduces, C>π, factories reduce number of workers to cut cost. It is getting scarier.
your analysis stops at the middle and is incomplete. It also means one only needs to cultivate about 9 bags of Irish potatoes to have national minimum wage of N30,000.
But office job and salary is a curse many don't want to leave.
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by 1000angstroms(m): 11:16am On Mar 06
Watianoengineer:
The solution to this is feeding once daily. Feeding once daily has its advantages as it helps reduces obesity and diabetes. Too much consumption of food is detrimental to our health. Let's try to persevere and endure a little longer as President Tinubu is working extremely hard to fix our economy. His renewed hope agenda and track record in Lagos should give us hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Let's support our President and pray God grant him good health as he strives to turn our country into an economic Giant.

I have never seen this type and colour of wickedness in my life.

4 Likes

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Chingyyy878: 11:16am On Mar 06
Watianoengineer:

TO WIPE YOU ORAIMO CORD DEY HUNGRY ME

4 Likes

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Didijiji: 11:17am On Mar 06
TINUBU IS A WORSE FORM OF PUNISHMENT THAN BUHARI

APC IS A CURSE TO AFRICA

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by kaydee007(m): 11:17am On Mar 06
At this point all I can see is that we are our own problems.
This one no be government again

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by jerryklopp: 11:17am On Mar 06
mariahAngel:
Yet Peter Obi is their problem.
I no know why dey hate the solution to Nigeria problem.

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by OvertheTop(m): 11:19am On Mar 06
Sapiosexuality:
But seriously, what's the excuse for Indomie?

People are Running to Indomie Because of the increase in Price of Rice.
so that Massive increase in Demand made indomie, spag etc want to Cash o ASAP undecided

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by GoodSpirit: 11:19am On Mar 06
magoo10:
It wasn't this bad when they were threatening Jonathan with coffins way back.
Yet they want us to clap for them

There is no comparison, Jonathan's minimum wage of 19800 is worth close to 200k in today's purchasing power.. Imagine minimum wage buying 2bags of rice and still having change but 3bags now is worth 150k today. This is no longer a joke

3 Likes

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Didijiji: 11:20am On Mar 06
Coolestguy2023:
Another opportunity for wailers to wail uncontrollable blaming government alone forgetting that out of greed, people over inflate the prices of this commodities for selfish purpose.
Two days ago, i went to one Hausa man to help me prepare "2" 100g indomine and one egg in "VICTORIAL ISLAND ON ADEMOLA ADETOKUNBO way" (I emphasis the location so that people can know that it is an area where things are expensive) and the hausa man told me it is #1000 for the combination.
Now, i went to see someone in Ajah yesterday and i saw a Calabar woman preparing indomine and i asked her to help me prepare "2" 100g indomine and one egg just like i did the previous day and guess what she told me, she said it is #1400 for the combination. That is #400 than what i paid for in Victoria island just the previous day.
Tell me isn't that GREED from the Calabar woman? I was even thinking there are special extra things that she will add to her own indomine but nothing extra except pepper, onion.
The more you analyze the more stewpid you appear and actually are

Why not go and check the price in the market. Indomie was a very basic and affordable snack before this demonic government who said subsidy is gone yet paying over 1 trillion as subsidy came to power

And for you to call out people genuinely crying for the woes brought upon Nigeria by Tinubu and APC, Calling them wailers falsely, you will be falsely accused all your life

wicked thing

4 Likes

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Artscollection: 11:20am On Mar 06
tuoyoojo:
I always wonder how minimum wage earners with families manage to get by daily with this economy situation

In my adult life, I have never witnessed this kind of galloping inflation and unfortunately the response of the govt leaves much to be desired

They said we should endure....is tinubu enduring, are his children enduring. What sacrifices is he making...

they tell the masses....soon......how long is soon...bf u know it....its 4 years and they would say u shouldgive me 4 years to finish what they started

...A day that would be good....u know get the signal from the morning

What are the signals that the country is getting better. In 10months dollar moved from 700 to 1500. What would it be in 2027

They say when u know the problem its half solved so what is the problem in implementing the solution to Nigeria's problem

See Arable land everywhere, see rivers to irrigate these farm land but we are still in lack.

Truly, for everything that is not working in Nigeria, some people are benefiting from it

They are looking for yeye stories like the fuckery going on in edo lp as if it is the problem of the country.
People are loosing their minds because of hunger while the elites are looting the treasury dry

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by OvertheTop(m): 11:21am On Mar 06
Blaze14k:
I bought pure water bag 600 in my area 2 days ago. I thought that 50 naira for one sachet was a joke. Hmm tinubu shouldn't plunge us into anarchy this is no longer a joke

1 Bag? shocked
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Coolestguy2023: 11:21am On Mar 06
Didijiji:
The more you analyze the more stewpid you appear and actually are

Why not go and check the price in the market

And for you to call out people genuingly crying for the woes brought upon Nigeria by Tinubu and APC, Calling them wailers falsely, you will be falsely accused all your life

wicked thing

I don't expect fooolish people, greedy people and thieves like you to agree with me.
People like you are exactly the kind of thing i am talking about, looking for every opportunity to reap others and blame it on the price of things in the market like say na only your papa dey enter market buy things.
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by FireUpNow(m): 11:22am On Mar 06
I am sure the ban of Binance will solve the inflation crisis in Nigeria. Outdated brains in seat of power. Agbado is doing well, abi the Yorubas are not feeling it.
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:22am On Mar 06
All these things you maintained are no good food but juniors. angry
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Blaze14k: 11:23am On Mar 06
OvertheTop:

1 Bag? shocked

Yah 2 days ago I later found out the producers went on strike to hike the price

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by jogsman01(m): 11:23am On Mar 06
Watianoengineer:
are you being sarcastic or Na fee madness
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by user32(m): 11:23am On Mar 06
Authoreety:
Just imagine.. all those companies that produce all these unhealthy foods should be boycotted..

Indomie isnt even healthy ...

Nonsense!
fvck u scum.....u cant tell folks want to eat or not with thier hardearned money. u shameless thiefnibu asslicker

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:25am On Mar 06
Main ingredients of indomine are: wheat flour, egg

The prices of flour and egg have also tremendously increased in recent times hence the increment in the price of the noodles

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beans Lovers / What Foods Will I Take In Nigeria To Gain Weigh very Fast. / No-carbs Diet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.