Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? (17534 Views)

What Is The Right Herbicide To Use On My Cassava Farm? Help Please / Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) / Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 3:20pm On Mar 13
validplanet how many I help you Sir.
Don't have access to this email.
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Tinububalls: 3:22pm On Mar 13
Esude007:
Let's do the math, we have 2.5 acre in 1 hectare, if we plant using 1m by 1m configuration, we will have 10,000 stands, but I will advice you to use 0.9m by 0.9m to get 12,300 stands. If you follow good Agronomic practice, you can have 3kg yield per stand. 3kg * 12300.... 36900kg.

We have 1000kg in 1 tonne, so 36900kg divided by 1000kg will be 36.9 tonnes

Going by the current price in the market, 1 tonne of fresh cassava tuber is #65,000, that give us...... #2,398,5000

Thanks
What's the cost of cultivation for someone who doesn't have the land.
That's total cost of production.
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by AyeMoJuba: 3:26pm On Mar 13
princefunm:

Where is the land located?

Would you consider green house farming?

Ekiti State
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Benjamin4388(m): 3:33pm On Mar 13
ExtraIncomes:

Greatness.

May The Universe Bless Your Grind As You're Contributing To Food Security In Nigeria.

We Also Already Run Cassava Processing Mills And Garri Production Hubs Down Here in Yakurr LGA, Cross River State.

Have You Gotten Your Cassava Graters, Cassava Pressers And Garri Fryer Already ?

We Sell Cheaper Ones From Cross River State.

The Prices on Jiji or The Cities Are Always On The High Side As Noticed.

So, We Fabricate And Supply These Machines For Your Business Advantage

HI HELLO AM FROM IKOM CROSS RIVER...I HAVE ENVISION THIS FARM BUSINESS FOR A WHILE...LAND IS NO PROBLEM...PLEASE WHEN IS THE BEST TIME FOR PLANTING AND TIME RANGE FOR HARVESTING...MY 70K J.O.B DEY FRUSTRATE ME FOR THIS REGIME....SHOULD I SWITCH ? THANKS
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Akporuka(m): 3:40pm On Mar 13
If you go with the current price in the market.
In my area we measure by what we call chain. And
1chain is sold for 45k. 20hecters is 80 chain #45,000 ×80 that should give you #3.6m.
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Akerewe(m): 3:41pm On Mar 13
RepoMan007:
isn't custard corn derived? Never heard of cassava custard o.

Which corn? Custard 🍮is pure starch from cassava oo.

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Love800(m): 3:44pm On Mar 13
Who knows the net profit i will derive from planting of potatoes
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by 01mcfadden(m): 3:53pm On Mar 13
Domaining101:
bro 400k per acre?
For the 20 acres, bro.

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by 01mcfadden(m): 3:55pm On Mar 13
seborrhic:

From the farm proceeds you would buy him a Bajaj motorcycle of almost 800k still pay his rent and feed him.From what profit I like to ask?
People saying 20 acres should give you 2-3m,I just laugh.
Farming can be unpredictable and volatile.
Has transport of the harvest been factored,has loss been factored,has maybe emergency purchase of pesticide or other unexplained expenses been factored.
The same way there was a rave of people making millions from investing in rice farming and other farms about 3-4 years ago.
People rushed expecting to double their money in 6months,only to discover it was a glorified Ponzi scheme.
You may make it,but just open your mind to possibilities and challenges that may also ruin one.
If all these farming was that lucrative and straightforward,you got to ask yourself while many more people are not into it

You’re right.
But I’m doing this with the mind that anything could come up.
Bajaj motorcycle for a full year isn’t too much, considering the fact that I’d not always be on ground to monitor it.
Any investment I’m working on, I bear in mind it could go both ways but I pray for the best. Last year was lucrative for some, I pray this year favours me too.
Let’s see how it goes

3 Likes

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by rafcrown(m): 3:56pm On Mar 13
Without Fulani invasion with mad cows?
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Otiwaikuku: 4:17pm On Mar 13
Dashlish:
If You Need Any Farm Land in Ijebu ode, more Than 20 acres Farmland for sale with good tittle at a Reasonable price. Kindly quote me

How much is the reasonable price?
And what title does the land have?
How close is it to the expressway & to Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by tbambam: 4:24pm On Mar 13
ExtraIncomes:

TME419 is Good.

It Has Less Cyanide. And It is What is Being used to produce Custard.

I also have a company in Ondo State That Can Buy Over 30 Tonnes of TME419 Variety When You Convey Them To Their Company.

Please dm me on x @tbamagro for the link to the factory collecting the cassava I have some for sale

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ThisNurse: 4:31pm On Mar 13
AyeMoJuba:

Is this for processing the cassava into Gaari or just selling the tubers without processing?

Hi, Can you throw more light on hoe you process your cassava in garri, do you have a mini processor??
I'll like to get more info

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Otiwaikuku: 4:34pm On Mar 13
01mcfadden:
I just started mine, too.
I’ve acquired 20 acres for 10 years at #400k
But my intention is to use the money I earmarked to it to the full extent it will go on the land.
I want to make sure it enters 10 acres and I can expand later when I get more money.
The labor will cost money. The guy I brought from Togo is asking for a brand new Bajaj motorcycle after a year.
But he will be the one taking care of the farm

while I provide food and shelter close to the farm. That has been sorted.

My plan is to process it to garri, elubo, lafu, pupuru and even fufu.
I pray God help me o
I’ll still create a thread on the progress made.

Which state is your farm located?
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ThisNurse: 4:38pm On Mar 13
ExtraIncomes:

Greatness.

May The Universe Bless Your Grind As You're Contributing To Food Security In Nigeria.

We Also Already Run Cassava Processing Mills And Garri Production Hubs Down Here in Yakurr LGA, Cross River State.

Have You Gotten Your Cassava Graters, Cassava Pressers And Garri Fryer Already ?

How can you be contacted.
I need more information on the equipments for the processing of Cassava,
Kindly reply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Domaining101: 4:42pm On Mar 13
01mcfadden:

For the 20 acres, bro.
Bro please in which state? And can someone still get at that same price now?
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by 77up(m): 4:42pm On Mar 13
AyeMoJuba:

I knew that figure can't be right because even my expenses rough estimation is over 200k...so how will a farm I spent over 200k to cultivate bring out a paltry sum of 200k?

A whole years job?
Don't let his cruise figure discourage you, you know nairalanders na grin

If managed well , you are looking at few million naira, 2 or maybe 3. I don't cultivate cassava actually but Potatoes only and a little bit of Yam.

You are doing so very well bro, well done.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by commoditiesnig: 4:43pm On Mar 13
Nigerfine3:
I am a cassava farmer ( through my bro), things are getting more expensive. Last year tractor work was about 25k per acre, now they are projecting 40k to 45 k per acre. Currently, 3 acres cassava will generate up to 3 million naira, while the profit will be up to 2 million naira.
Wow.. thats good profit margin o

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Streetdoctor: 4:48pm On Mar 13
YesDaddyTill203:

The only thing in your shallow brain is APC. People are discussing how to make money and make meaningful contributions to society but na only APC dey your brain. Pathetic.
BTW u and him, who's more shallow minded. He mentioned d useless party that came to steal, kill and destroy. How many farmers can boost of making money without keeping money aside for Ransome payment
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Fcwilly: 5:13pm On Mar 13
AyeMoJuba:

That's what i know too...never heard custard is made from cassava.

Custard is cassava product while pap is from corn

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Fcwilly: 5:13pm On Mar 13
RepoMan007:
isn't custard corn derived? Never heard of cassava custard o.

Nooooo, it's cassava product

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by alterego17: 5:14pm On Mar 13
ExtraIncomes:

Greatness.

Do u have d rice milling machines for paddy rice?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Fcwilly: 5:15pm On Mar 13
ExtraIncomes:

Now, You Know.

I Presently Produce Custard From The Abundance of TME419 Cassava Tubers @ My Cassava Mill in Ugep, Cross River State.

It's Called "Ege Oniyan" in Ekiti State - Meaning: Cassava That Tastes Like Yam.

It is What We Use To Also Produce Yellow Garri in Cross River State.

That type of cassava is called PANYA in some places

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Taiwontosin(f): 5:26pm On Mar 13
You get to have 43-45tons of cassava depending on the variety planted and a ton is selling 120k to 140k as at today's market. By the time you do your cost of production and the rest you should be seeing 3.5 to 4m at the end of the harvest.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by HisaacPlus: 5:27pm On Mar 13
joinnow:

I have solution for this... You don't need to fence your 20 plots.

Please what's the solution?

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by blaise26abj(m): 5:56pm On Mar 13
It depends on where . It can be in the millions or nothing if Fulani herdsmen are there

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by lagosrd: 6:15pm On Mar 13
If you can take the pain to process it into cassava flakes, garri. Then boom, you're in money. Make your research. But please pray against the spirit of cattle rearers ooo. It is well with you in Jesus name. I wish you the very best

Meanwhile, all you need to do is to make your research well.

Go to a Garri processing mill and ask them how many kg of garri will you get from what you have now ?

Pay the Mama's for their labour cost
Transport it there
They will process it for you.

Visit them often to avoid haf I known,

Ensure they fry it in your presence and pack your things.

Don't forget to employ more hands when it comes to frying , so that you can evacuate your things out of there same day.

Bye

3 Likes

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Esude007: 6:16pm On Mar 13
Thank you my brother...

Let's continue the math

Yes it is true land fertility decrease with time, but let's not forget that you will run the soil test.

Cost of getting 12,300 heaps is ...#246,000

Cost of soil test ( if I am the one running it, #20,000

Cost of pre planting herbicide... #12,000

Cost of pre emergence herbicide.... #22,5000

Cost of viable cassava stem ( maybe Obasanjo-9 variety)..... #90,000

Cost of planting.... #123,000

Cost of post emergence herbicide( pottasum).... #40,000

Miscellaneous....#50,000

Cost of fertilizer, as cassava requires 50 to 100 kg of nitrogen, 65 to 80 kg of potassium and 10 to 20 kg of phosphorus,.... #130,000

Total...... #693,500

Note: security must tight o...... Cos fulani no get sense
obaidan:

SO now deduct all that cost you incurred before harvest, frombush clearing/land preparation to planting to wages or salaries to tractor to weedcontrol, everything u spent..lets have an idea of net profit. Please make provision for asset reduction too, because I remember we were taught In agric science then that the productivity of a land decreases with time, so account for little depreciation in your calculations of cost.
More importantly, Thanks for the comprehensive breakdown of the likely income

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by darediamond(m): 6:20pm On Mar 13
ExtraIncomes:

Do You Mean That People Should Stop Planting Like This Below:

Yes.
Infact planting this way waste space!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by darediamond(m): 6:22pm On Mar 13
Esude007:
Thank you my brother...

Let's continue the math

Yes it is true land fertility decrease with time, but let's not forget that you will run the soil test.

Cost of getting 12,300 heaps is ...#246,000

Cost of soil test ( if I am the one running it, #20,000

Cost of pre planting herbicide... #12,000

Cost of pre emergence herbicide.... #22,5000

Cost of viable cassava stem ( maybe Obasanjo-9 variety)..... #90,000

Cost of planting.... #123,000

Cost of post emergence herbicide( pottasum).... #40,000

Miscellaneous....#50,000

Cost of fertilizer, as cassava requires 50 to 100 kg of nitrogen, 65 to 80 kg of potassium and 10 to 20 kg of phosphorus,.... #130,000

Total...... #693,500

Note: security must tight o...... Cos fulani no get sense
Heaps are not needed for cassava cultivation.

You can even buy just 2-stroke lawn clearing machine and pay someone cheap money to do the bush clearing for you or you learn how to use the motorized tool yourself.

Also, if you plant your cassava stems as I earlier outlined, you will be able to control weeds easily and fumigate the land more easily too. Just plant your cassava on a straight line.

Cassava yield better on loamy and or Sandy soil than clay soil.

Buy Motorized Fumigation Machine to make your weeding easy.

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by excanny: 6:23pm On Mar 13
Esude007:
Let's do the math, we have 2.5 acre in 1 hectare, if we plant using 1m by 1m configuration, we will have 10,000 stands, but I will advice you to use 0.9m by 0.9m to get 12,300 stands. If you follow good Agronomic practice, you can have 3kg yield per stand. 3kg * 12300.... 36900kg.

We have 1000kg in 1 tonne, so 36900kg divided by 1000kg will be 36.9 tonnes

Going by the current price in the market, 1 tonne of fresh cassava tuber is #65,000, that give us...... #2,398,5000

Thanks

You can never get 36.9 tons from 3 acres. Show proof of it.

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Esude007: 6:23pm On Mar 13
yewit37486:

I like your mathematical approach, just one question - how do you factor in risks into your formula? The reality is things do not always go to plan so risk management needs to be included in any projections.
first sir...
When u are Investing your money, u must reduce the risk to the lowest minimum.

First, cassava requires 50 to 100 kg of nitrogen, 65 to 80 kg of potassium and 10 to 20 kg of phosphorus, so running a soil test is important.

Secondly, you should plant jathropa round the farm, as it smell is highly repellent to cattle.... IITA is trying to develop a variety that repels cattle.

You must not go for waterlogged land.

Always keep your field weed free

Then always pray to God grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obiano Flags Off 2017 Farming Season As Farmers Display Produce (photos) / Optimum Quality Crayfish, Best Prices / My Journey Into Plantain Farming - Challenges, Cost And Profit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.