Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? (17589 Views)

What Is The Right Herbicide To Use On My Cassava Farm? Help Please / Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) / Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by carl90(m): 4:55pm On Mar 14
One will not be comfortable spending all this money on an open land that will likely be ravaged by some herdsmen and their cattle.
How can one take care of these encroaching herdsmen?
Making provision for fencing one's farmland?
Shouldn't the cost of fencing be part of the cost of production?
Esude007:
Thank you my brother...

Let's continue the math

Yes it is true land fertility decrease with time, but let's not forget that you will run the soil test.

Cost of getting 12,300 heaps is ...#246,000

Cost of soil test ( if I am the one running it, #20,000

Cost of pre planting herbicide... #12,000

Cost of pre emergence herbicide.... #22,5000

Cost of viable cassava stem ( maybe Obasanjo-9 variety)..... #90,000

Cost of planting.... #123,000

Cost of post emergence herbicide( pottasum).... #40,000

Miscellaneous....#50,000

Cost of fertilizer, as cassava requires 50 to 100 kg of nitrogen, 65 to 80 kg of potassium and 10 to 20 kg of phosphorus,.... #130,000

Total...... #693,500

Note: security must tight o...... Cos fulani no get sense

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Esude007: 6:20pm On Mar 14
carl90:
One will not be comfortable spending all this money on an open land that will likely be ravaged by some herdsmen and their cattle.
How can one take care of these encroaching herdsmen?
Making provision for fencing one's farmland?
Shouldn't the cost of fencing be part of the cost of production?
herdsmen is a serious treat to good security in this country.... I pray the government find a lasting solution to their problem if not, wahala dey o.

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by carl90(m): 7:09pm On Mar 14
If we wait on government to secure our farms, there will be no more crop farming in Nigeria . Hunger is next.
We just have to be proactive and take initiatives on our own, independent of any government intervention.
If you are a business person that owns and operates a large supermarket, would you wait on government to secure your supermarket for you?
You just have to take the initiative by providing security for your supermarket e.g employing private security guards, vetting visitors that step into your supermarket etc.
We should also apply this mentality when we own a farm in present-day Nigeria.
Esude007:
herdsmen is a serious treat to good security in this country.... I pray the government find a lasting solution to their problem if not, wahala dey o.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Dashlish: 8:07pm On Mar 14
Otiwaikuku:

How much is the reasonable price?
And what title does the land have?
How close is it to the expressway & to Lagos?

Farmland for sale at ijebu ode in Itele, Ijebu East Local Government along Lagos Benin Express Way (Just 150metres away from the express Way)

Price: 400k/Plot
Title: Freehold ( Red Copy in Processing)
Agency Fee is 10%

The Area Is Surrounded With Real Estate and Choice Properties, and just 20mins drive away from Lagos (Epe)
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ExtraIncomes: 6:05am On Mar 15
ChikezieU:
Please where can I get the stems bro

Where's Your Location?

We Can Sell And Waybill To You.

What Is The Quantity That You Need ?
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ExtraIncomes: 6:07am On Mar 15
Konquest:

Insightful.

I'm glad you found it helpful.
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ExtraIncomes: 6:13am On Mar 15
darediamond:

Yes.
Infact planting this way waste space!!

Hmmmm. I'll experiment your method to see what you're talking about. Once I discover that your method is better and helps maximize more production, I'll be glad to teach All The Local Farmers From Cross River State As I Head The Digital Space of Grassroot Farming in Cross River State.

Seeing is Believing....

Presently, I have many local farmers immitating me on Yam Sac Farming System.

They Never Knew They Could Cultivate Yams in Sacs. This is What I Do Here, And Alot of Them Have Been Following Up.

My First Harvest will See Much More People Join Up.

So, I Strongly Believe That A Correction To The Cassava Farming System To Maximize Their Yield will be Something They Can ONLY Try Out When I Try This Out To Yield A Much Better Result.

Kudos.

I'm Following You Already.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ExtraIncomes: 6:31am On Mar 15
alterego17:

Do u have d rice milling machines for paddy rice?

Yes, We Do @ Yakurr LGA, Cross River State.

You got Paddy Rice To Mill ?

Or
You want to buy and install one for yourself ?
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ExtraIncomes: 6:39am On Mar 15
ThisNurse:

How can you be contacted.
I need more information on the equipments for the processing of Cassava,
Kindly reply.

You can Send A Message To Me Via WhatsApp via The Contact Below:

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ExtraIncomes: 6:41am On Mar 15
Fcwilly:

That type of cassava is called PANYA in some places

You're Right....!!!
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ExtraIncomes: 6:44am On Mar 15
HisaacPlus:

Please what's the solution?

Cultivate Maize And Use It For Your Perimeter Fencing.

You Make Money Simultaneously After Harvest.
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ExtraIncomes: 6:45am On Mar 15
ChikezieU:
Please where can I get the stems bro

Contact Me via WhatsApp To Relate on This:

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ExtraIncomes: 6:47am On Mar 15
tbambam:

Please dm me on x @tbamagro for the link to the factory collecting the cassava I have some for sale

Contact Me via WhatsApp To Get The Info

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Love800(m): 8:11am On Mar 15
U plant ur potatoes inside sacks or on the ground?
77up:
Don't let his cruise figure discourage you, you know nairalanders na grin

If managed well , you are looking at few million naira, 2 or maybe 3. I don't cultivate cassava actually but Potatoes only and a little bit of Yam.

You are doing so very well bro, well done.
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by HisaacPlus: 12:15pm On Mar 15
ExtraIncomes:

Cultivate Maize And Use It For Your Perimeter Fencing.

You Make Money Simultaneously After Harvest.

Use "IT" FOR Perimeter Fencing. What is IT exactly?
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ExtraIncomes: 1:43pm On Mar 15
HisaacPlus:

Use "IT" FOR Perimeter Fencing. What is IT exactly?
Maize
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by 77up(m): 2:58pm On Mar 15
Love800:
U plant ur potatoes inside sacks or on the ground?
Lolz sacks 🤣

Na on the ground o.
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Love800(m): 5:17pm On Mar 15
I thought they do plant agricultural seeds inside sack. Or are my missing something?
77up:
Lolz sacks 🤣

Na on the ground o.
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by 77up(m): 7:49pm On Mar 15
Love800:
I thought they do plant agricultural seeds inside sack. Or are my missing something?
We are talking about millions of naira farming investments here bro, sacks planting na for backyard farming o

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Love800(m): 12:04am On Mar 16
Hmm.
It was in nairaland that someone said dat one can purchase a land, not even a backyard farming sef but a large land and plant seeds in sacks and keep on the land. Dat is using sacks to plant on a large land u acquire or bought and not planting directly on the soil.

He said dat dis method is more easy, more approchable, easy maintenance, stress free modern farming than the one u plant inside the soil(ground).

Am shocked u said the opposite.
I think i will still do more research concerning sack farming. So i can know which is better.
77up:
We are talking about millions of naira farming investments here bro, sacks planting na for backyard farming o

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by AyeMoJuba: 10:00am On Mar 16
ExtraIncomes:
Maize

Are you saying cows don't eat maize leaves...or how is maize going to serve as perimeter fencing to fence off cows and herdsmen?

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Florencesally: 6:17pm On Mar 30
ExtraIncomes:
Maize

Looking for an emergency fence contractor in Seattle? Look no further! Fence Company Seattle is here to address your urgent fencing needs. Contact us Fence Company Seattle today for swift and reliable assistance. Our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to providing prompt and efficient fencing solutions, whether it's repairs, replacements, or new installations. With our commitment to quality workmanship and customer satisfaction, you can trust us to deliver exceptional results. Don't hesitate to reach out to Fence Repair Seattle for all your emergency fencing needs in Seattle.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Optimum Quality Crayfish, Best Prices / I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business / My Journey Into Plantain Farming - Challenges, Cost And Profit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.