Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? (17516 Views)

What Is The Right Herbicide To Use On My Cassava Farm? Help Please / Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) / Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by tempex88(m): 1:59pm On Mar 13
assumption no external factors
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by challoxxx: 2:01pm On Mar 13
darediamond:

Once you wanna start to plant, peg the whole land and line the pegs.

The spacing depends on how fertile the land or it level of Virginity.

If it is land that has no cultivation history and it is of Humus-Sandyb soil, 3ft by 3ft or 3ft by 4ft max is okay.

Now, to ensure good yield, DO NOT SLANT THE STEMS INTO THE SOIL.

Patiently dig downnupto 6inches in the soil, the length of the stem in your hand and place the whole body flat in the dug up space.

This ensure multiple points baby stems sprouting. And the more of that, the quicker and Bigger your harvest would be. I am speaking Authoritatively here Bro because IT IS WHAT I AM DOING ACTIVELY.

THE BEST STEM IS A NEWLY HARVESTED ONE!!!

Haa, this makes harvest maturity EXTREMLY faster and bouyant!!

I like your approach. I’m considering also planting some cassava on 5 Acres of Land. Is there a way I could reach you? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ExtraIncomes: 2:03pm On Mar 13
01mcfadden:
I just started mine, too.
I’ve acquired 20 acres for 10 years at #400k
But my intention is to use the money I earmarked to it to the full extent it will go on the land.
I want to make sure it enters 10 acres and I can expand later when I get more money.
The labor will cost money. The guy I brought from Togo is asking for a brand new Bajaj motorcycle after a year.
But he will be the one taking care of the farm while I provide food and shelter close to the farm. That has been sorted.

My plan is to process it to garri, elubo, lafu, pupuru and even fufu.
I pray God help me o
I’ll still create a thread on the progress made.

Greatness.

May The Universe Bless Your Grind As You're Contributing To Food Security In Nigeria.

We Also Already Run Cassava Processing Mills And Garri Production Hubs Down Here in Yakurr LGA, Cross River State.

Have You Gotten Your Cassava Graters, Cassava Pressers And Garri Fryer Already ?

We Sell Cheaper Ones From Cross River State.

The Prices on Jiji or The Cities Are Always On The High Side As Noticed.

So, We Fabricate And Supply These Machines For Your Business Advantage

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by smokinloud(m): 2:04pm On Mar 13
Jh0wsef:
APC SUPPORTERS SHOULD ANSWER THIS CORRECTLY.
THEIR MOTTO IS AGBADO, CASSAVA AND GARRI
grin grin grin
with proper investment, agbado and cassava can eradicate food insecurity in Nigeria and even make us a net exporter of agricultural produce. Stop bad mouthing your own. Cassava is better than wheat

3 Likes

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by yewit37486: 2:06pm On Mar 13
YesDaddyTill203:

The only thing in your shallow brain is APC. People are discussing how to make money and make meaningful contributions to society but na only APC dey your brain. Pathetic.

Read through your post history and tell us the difference between you and the person you quoted. None. Two toxic individuals.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by veektor01(m): 2:06pm On Mar 13
Very impressive.
What state did you settle for?

01mcfadden:
But my intention is to use the money I earmarked to it to the full extent it will go on the land.
I want to make sure it enters 10 acres and I can expand later when I get more money.
The labor will cost money. The guy I brought from Togo is asking for a brand new Bajaj motorcycle after a year.
But he will be the one taking care of the farm while I provide food and shelter close to the farm. That has been sorted.

I pray God help me o
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Ameboperoo(m): 2:07pm On Mar 13
01mcfadden:

I pray God help me o
Please do update us as you proceed so we can chip in one or two things where necessary. grin

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by yewit37486: 2:08pm On Mar 13
Esude007:
Let's do the math, we have 2.5 acre in 1 hectare, if we plant using 1m by 1m configuration, we will have 10,000 stands, but I will advice you to use 0.9m by 0.9m to get 12,300 stands. If you follow good Agronomic practice, you can have 3kg yield per stand. 3kg * 12300.... 36900kg.

We have 1000kg in 1 tonne, so 36900kg divided by 1000kg will be 36.9 tonnes

Going by the current price in the market, 1 tonne of fresh cassava tuber is #65,000, that give us...... #2,398,5000

I like your mathematical approach, just one question - how do you factor in risks into your formula? The reality is things do not always go to plan so risk management needs to be included in any projections.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ExtraIncomes: 2:08pm On Mar 13
smokinloud:

with proper investment, agbado and cassava can eradicate food insecurity in Nigeria and even make us a net exporter of agricultural produce. Stop bad mouthing your own. Cassava is better than wheat

You are Very Right.

Food Slavery is Worrying Some People Just As Worship The White-Man Syndrome is Worrying Them.

Things Are Changing Already Anyways.

More Youths Are Investing In Maize And Cassava As The Years Pass By.

See What We Are Vibing To Already Using The Link Below:

https://www.nairaland.com/8028928/political-farmers-farmers-more

Join Us;

Our Slogan is :

"More Foods, Less Crimes."

#LoudThoughts cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Blessedarethepe(m): 2:09pm On Mar 13
ButterBerry:
Excellent Answer

200k net profit in 1 year with good agricultural practice and fertile land x 3
with how much capital please?
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by AyeMoJuba: 2:10pm On Mar 13
darediamond:

Once you wanna start to plant, peg the whole land and line the pegs.

The spacing depends on how fertile the land or it level of Virginity.

If it is land that has no cultivation history and it is of Humus-Sandyb soil, 3ft by 3ft or 3ft by 4ft max is okay.

Now, to ensure good yield, DO NOT SLANT THE STEMS INTO THE SOIL.

Patiently dig downnupto 6inches in the soil, the length of the stem in your hand and place the whole body flat in the dug up space.

This ensure multiple points baby stems sprouting. And the more of that, the quicker and Bigger your harvest would be. I am speaking Authoritatively here Bro because IT IS WHAT I AM DOING ACTIVELY.

THE BEST STEM IS A NEWLY HARVESTED ONE!!!

Haa, this makes harvest maturity EXTREMLY faster and bouyant!!

Thanks. I appreciate. These information are invaluable. I have learnt more from you.
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by yewit37486: 2:11pm On Mar 13
01mcfadden:

I pray God help me o

All the very best. I wish you success.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by obaidan: 2:12pm On Mar 13
excanny:

times 3. 200k/acre. Net profit.

Omo 600k for cultivating 3acres round the year? na now i see why Nigerian politicians and elites are shouting that the young Nigerians should embrace argriculture while they send their own children to study IT, medicine, Business, Finance, Engineering
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by 01mcfadden(m): 2:18pm On Mar 13
veektor01:
Very impressive.
What state did you settle for?

Igboora, Oyo State.
Though I’m resident in Ibadan, a friend who’s into farming too will be the one overseeing it while I come from time to time at my own convenience.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by obaidan: 2:18pm On Mar 13
Esude007:
Let's do the math, we have 2.5 acre in 1 hectare, if we plant using 1m by 1m configuration, we will have 10,000 stands, but I will advice you to use 0.9m by 0.9m to get 12,300 stands. If you follow good Agronomic practice, you can have 3kg yield per stand. 3kg * 12300.... 36900kg.

Going by the current price in the market, 1 tonne of fresh cassava tuber is #65,000, that give us...... #2,398,5000

Thanks
SO now deduct all that cost you incurred before harvest, frombush clearing/land preparation to planting to wages or salaries to tractor to weedcontrol, everything u spent..lets have an idea of net profit. Please make provision for asset reduction too, because I remember we were taught In agric science then that the productivity of a land decreases with time, so account for little depreciation in your calculations of cost.
More importantly, Thanks for the comprehensive breakdown of the likely income

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by 01mcfadden(m): 2:18pm On Mar 13
yewit37486:

All the very best. I wish you success.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by 01mcfadden(m): 2:20pm On Mar 13
Ameboperoo:

Please do update us as you proceed so we can chip in one or two things where necessary. grin
Okay
Thanks
I’ll

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by 01mcfadden(m): 2:21pm On Mar 13
ExtraIncomes:

Greatness.

May The Universe Bless Your Grind As You're Contributing To Food Security In Nigeria.

We Also Already Run Cassava Processing Mills And Garri Production Hubs Down Here in Yakurr LGA, Cross River State.

Have You Gotten Your Cassava Graters, Cassava Pressers And Garri Fryer Already ?

We Sell Cheaper Ones From Cross River State.

The Prices on Jiji or The Cities Are Always On The High Side As Noticed.

So, We Fabricate And Supply These Machines For Your Business Advantage

I for show interest
But I’m in Oyo State
Cross River is far from here
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ExtraIncomes: 2:24pm On Mar 13
Ameboperoo:

Kogi State

Ooouch.

Sorry About That.

You can Switch Investment To Cross River State.

All of These Insecurity Challenges Are The Causes of Food Shortage in Nigeria Leading To Expensive Food Items Because of Limited Supplies To Satisfy The Increasing Population

Yams And Water Yams Are Very Expensive Now Too.

Join Our Operations 100,000 Yam Sac Farming System in Cross River State Using The Link Below:

https://www.nairaland.com/8028928/political-farmers-farmers-more

1 Share

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Ameboperoo(m): 2:27pm On Mar 13
ExtraIncomes:

Ooouch.

Sorry About That.

You can Switch Investment To Cross River State.

All of These Insecurity Challenges Are The Causes of Food Shortage in Nigeria Leading To Expensive Food Items Because of Limited Supplies To Satisfy The Increasing Population

Yams And Water Yams Are Very Expensive Now Too.

Join Our Operations 100,000 Yam Sac Farming System in Cross River State
More info on this please
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Shantyken(m): 2:28pm On Mar 13
Is it possible to use chemical for weeds in cassava farm
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by seborrhic: 2:28pm On Mar 13
01mcfadden:

I pray God help me o
From the farm proceeds you would buy him a Bajaj motorcycle of almost 800k still pay his rent and feed him.From what profit I like to ask?
People saying 20 acres should give you 2-3m,I just laugh.
Farming can be unpredictable and volatile.
Has transport of the harvest been factored,has loss been factored,has maybe emergency purchase of pesticide or other unexplained expenses been factored.
The same way there was a rave of people making millions from investing in rice farming and other farms about 3-4 years ago.
People rushed expecting to double their money in 6months,only to discover it was a glorified Ponzi scheme.
You may make it,but just open your mind to possibilities and challenges that may also ruin one.
If all these farming was that lucrative and straightforward,you got to ask yourself while many more people are not into it

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Lovit(m): 2:29pm On Mar 13
AyeMoJuba:

Fence ke...a whole 20 plots of land?

The whole profit from 1 year cultivation of the cassava won't be sufficient to erect fence o

Think safety and long term capital investment
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by AngelicBeing: 2:32pm On Mar 13
wink
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Domaining101: 2:37pm On Mar 13
01mcfadden:

I pray God help me o
bro 400k per acre?
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Aurelius1(m): 2:44pm On Mar 13
excanny:

200k net profit in 1 year with good agricultural practice and fertile land x 3
200k net profit in a year is not worth the stress and time invested. Even people who are into wholesale of sachet water make more than that in a year.

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by carl90(m): 2:50pm On Mar 13
Well-calculated !

Esude007:

Thanks
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Thedon12: 2:51pm On Mar 13
Don't sell your cassava as ordinary cassava, I repeat produce something like Garri, fufu or starch and see yourself smilling to your bank. I am talking from experience.

AyeMoJuba:
I'd like to go into Cassava farming. I have about 20 plots of land which is 2 plots above 3 acres

pls those who are already into this business, kindly share your experiences and the things i should know.

Thanks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Ameboperoo(m): 2:55pm On Mar 13
Shantyken:
Is it possible to use chemical for weeds in cassava farm
Why not?
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by princefunm: 3:00pm On Mar 13
AyeMoJuba:
I'd like to go into Cassava farming. I have about 20 plots of land which is 2 plots above 3 acres

pls those who are already into this business, kindly share your experiences and the things i should know.

Thanks

Where is the land located?

Would you consider green house farming?

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by AreaFada2: 3:16pm On Mar 13
ExtraIncomes:

TME419 is Good.

It Has Less Cyanide. And It is What is Being used to produce Custard.

I also have a company in Ondo State That Can Buy Over 30 Tonnes of TME419 Variety When You Convey Them To Their Company.
Where in Ondo State?
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Benjamin4388(m): 3:19pm On Mar 13
ExtraIncomes:

TME419 is Good.

It Has Less Cyanide. And It is What is Being used to produce Custard.

I also have a company in Ondo State That Can Buy Over 30 Tonnes of TME419 Variety When You Convey Them To Their Company.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obiano Flags Off 2017 Farming Season As Farmers Display Produce (photos) / I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business / Optimum Quality Crayfish, Best Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.