Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? (17579 Views)

What Is The Right Herbicide To Use On My Cassava Farm? Help Please / Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) / Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by 01mcfadden(m): 6:24pm On Mar 13
Domaining101:
Bro please in which state? And can someone still get at that same price now?
Igboora, Oyo State
An indigene, who’s my friend got it for me.

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by 01mcfadden(m): 6:25pm On Mar 13
Otiwaikuku:

Which state is your farm located?
Oyo State

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by yusuf0876(m): 6:42pm On Mar 13
Esude007:
Thank you my brother...

Let's continue the math

Yes it is true land fertility decrease with time, but let's not forget that you will run the soil test.

Cost of getting 12,300 heaps is ...#246,000

Cost of soil test ( if I am the one running it, #20,000

Cost of pre planting herbicide... #12,000

Cost of pre emergence herbicide.... #22,5000

Cost of viable cassava stem ( maybe Obasanjo-9 variety)..... #90,000

Cost of planting.... #123,000

Cost of post emergence herbicide( pottasum).... #40,000

Miscellaneous....#50,000

Cost of fertilizer, as cassava requires 50 to 100 kg of nitrogen, 65 to 80 kg of potassium and 10 to 20 kg of phosphorus,.... #130,000

Total...... #693,500

Note: security must tight o...... Cos fulani no get sense
what about money to pay workers
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by validplanet: 6:55pm On Mar 13
RainMoreDFARMS:
validplanet how many I help you Sir.
Don't have access to this email.

Do you farm cassava?
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Konquest: 7:04pm On Mar 13
AyeMoJuba:
I'd like to go into Cassava farming. I have about 20 plots of land which is 2 plots above 3 acres

pls those who are already into this business, kindly share your experiences and the things i should know.

Thanks
IITA in Ibadan is the epicenter of improved cassava varieties (and other root tubers) in Nigeria. So, reach out to the folks at IITA online and offline for the best yields and professional advice.
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by YoshihideSuga: 7:05pm On Mar 13
01mcfadden:
I just started mine, too.
I’ve acquired 20 acres for 10 years at #400k
But my intention is to use the money I earmarked to it to the full extent it will go on the land.

I want to make sure it enters 10 acres and I can expand later when I get more money.
The labor will cost money. The guy I brought from Togo is asking for a brand new Bajaj motorcycle after a year.
But he will be the one taking care of the farm while I provide food and shelter close to the farm. That has been sorted.

My plan is to process it to garri, elubo, lafu, pupuru and even fufu.
I .

Congratulations sir. I'm genuinely curious, which state did you purchase that size of land at such cheap prices? Why are Francophone West Africans employed to manage farms in Nigeria? Also, how are they recruited? If these Francophone Africans encounter Fulani herdsmen, how do they cope?
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Konquest: 7:06pm On Mar 13
ExtraIncomes:

TME419 is Good.

It Has Less Cyanide. And It is What is Being used to produce Custard.

I also have a company in Ondo State That Can Buy Over 30 Tonnes of TME419 Variety When You Convey Them To Their Company.
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Konquest: 7:07pm On Mar 13
ExtraIncomes:

Now, You Know.

I Presently Produce Custard From The Abundance of TME419 Cassava Tubers @ My Cassava Mill in Ugep, Cross River State.

It's Called "Ege Oniyan" in Ekiti State - Meaning: Cassava That Tastes Like Yam.

It is What We Use To Also Produce Yellow Garri in Cross River State.

Insightful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by YoshihideSuga: 7:09pm On Mar 13
obaidan:

Omo 600k for cultivating 3acres round the year? na now i see why Nigerian politicians and elites are shouting that the young Nigerians should embrace argriculture while they send their own children to study IT, medicine, Business, Finance, Engineering

The money in agriculture is in processing. Alternatively, become an exporter and earn dollars. But to make it in aspect of agriculture as a player, aka farmer, processing is extremely important. Once in the farming aspect, to make money, process it. Better being an export trader man than a farmer without processing facilities.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Konquest: 7:11pm On Mar 13
Nigerfine3:
I am a cassava farmer ( through my bro), things are getting more expensive. Last year tractor work was about 25k per acre, now they are projecting 40k to 45 k per acre. Currently, 3 acres cassava will generate up to 3 million naira, while the profit will be up to 2 million naira.
Net profit.
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by YoshihideSuga: 7:12pm On Mar 13
seborrhic:

From the farm proceeds you would buy him a Bajaj and other farms about 3-4 years ago.
People rushed expecting to double their money in 6months,only to discover it was a glorified Ponzi scheme.
You may make it,but just open your mind to possibilities and challenges that may also ruin one.
If all these farming was that lucrative and straightforward,you got to ask yourself while many more people are not into it

Farming is only profitable once there is associated processing. No processing, no profits. The alternative is to be an export trader. To make money in cassava, processing is mandatory. Also understand that agriculture is a long term stuff, rather than short term.

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 7:14pm On Mar 13
validplanet:

Do you farm cassava?
yes Sir, I do
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by 01mcfadden(m): 7:15pm On Mar 13
YoshihideSuga:

Congratulations sir. I'm genuinely curious, which state did you purchase that size of land at such cheap prices? Why are Francophone West Africans employed to manage farms in Nigeria? Also, how are they recruited?
Not outright purchase. Rent for 10 years.
It’s a village in Igboora.
It’s the usual practice over there. They prefer to bring in laborers from there as they’d be fully focused on the farm without distractions as that’s what is bringing them to Nigeria.

I’m visiting my farm on Saturday, I’ll start a thread on the progress.

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by YoshihideSuga: 7:18pm On Mar 13
01mcfadden:

Not outright purchase. Rent for 10 years.
It’s a village in Igboora.
It’s the usual practice over there. They prefer to bring in laborers from there as they’d be fully focused on the farm without distractions as that’s what is bringing them to Nigeria.

I’m visiting my farm on Saturday, I’ll start a thread on the progress.

OK. Thank you. Apologies as I modified my post. The question is how do these Francophone Africans fight off Fulani herdsmen if encountered?
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ChikezieU(m): 7:20pm On Mar 13
Please where can I get the stems bro

ExtraIncomes:

Now, You Know.

I Presently Produce Custard From The Abundance of TME419 Cassava Tubers @ My Cassava Mill in Ugep, Cross River State.

It's Called "Ege Oniyan" in Ekiti State - Meaning: Cassava That Tastes Like Yam.

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by 01mcfadden(m): 7:21pm On Mar 13
YoshihideSuga:

OK. Thank you. Apologies as I modified my post. The question is how do these Francophone Africans fight off Fulani herdsmen if encountered?
The thing is, after Igboho’s fierce fight with the Fulanis before his house was raided, the activities of the herdsmen stopped in the whole of Oke Ogun, in Oyo State. Since then, there have been peace in that area.
Although there was an isolated incidence last month involving the herdsmen that’s working for an indigene and some farmers. It’s long been resolved.

So I’m doing this with the mind that the peace they’re enjoying in that area will continue.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by shigoawesu(m): 7:57pm On Mar 13
[quote author=Ameboperoo post=128917011]

This is enlighten
You can't be sure of the return because price changes but you can predict the yield
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Ajofiapero(m): 8:05pm On Mar 13
ExtraIncomes:

Now, You Know.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by obaidan: 8:06pm On Mar 13
YoshihideSuga:

The money in agriculture is in processing. Alternatively, become an exporter and earn dollars. But to make it in aspect of agriculture as a player, aka farmer, processing is extremely important. Once in the farming aspect, to make money, process it. Better being an export trader man than a farmer without processing facilities.

very well said, i agree
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Thazard(m): 8:12pm On Mar 13
sylve11:

Lol.

Even if the seeds of the cassava are kwashiorkors, it will still generate above 200k for that size of land. grin cool
grin grin grin
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by officialfestus(m): 8:26pm On Mar 13
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by validplanet: 9:37pm On Mar 13
RainMoreDFARMS:
yes Sir, I do

Can I Whatsapp or call you on phone?
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Esude007: 9:42pm On Mar 13
excanny:

You can never get 36.9 tons from 3 acres. Show proof of it.
brother, nothing is impossible in agriculture.... Good Agronomic practices determine yield... Last year I planted 4 milk cup of sesame and I hervested 1 basin...
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by joinnow: 5:25am On Mar 14
HisaacPlus:

Please what's the solution?
Sorry it's not free information
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by candygirl4real: 5:47am On Mar 14
How is it extracted from the cassava. is it same as starch. is it only TME 419 variety that can be used for custard

Which corn? Custard 🍮is pure starch from cassava oo. [/quote]
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by HisaacPlus: 6:15am On Mar 14
joinnow:

Sorry it's not free information

You have still not said anything. No wonder, people are not moved to ask.
If it's 'not free information', (which is expected), what else have you said? No one has time for these one liner things.
Come out fully, if you truly have anything to say

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by purejustice36: 6:56am On Mar 14
Leave cassava baba
Use that land grow weed Canadian loud gan gan
You’ll make more than 500M in one year

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Inspirer1: 8:22am On Mar 14
Esude007:
Let's do the math, we have 2.5 acre in 1 hectare, if we plant using 1m by 1m configuration, we will have 10,000 stands, but I will advice you to use 0.9m by 0.9m to get 12,300 stands. If you follow good Agronomic practice, you can have 3kg yield per stand. 3kg * 12300.... 36900kg.

We have 1000kg in 1 tonne, so 36900kg divided by 1000kg will be 36.9 tonnes

Going by the current price in the market, 1 tonne of fresh cassava tuber is #65,000, that give us...... #2,398,5000

Thanks
What is the cost implication of getting 36.9 tonnes?

I don't know if you have given info after this post, I'll keep reading though pending when I see it.

Modified:
Thank you, I've seen the cost implication.
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 9:41am On Mar 14
validplanet:

Can I Whatsapp or call you on phone?
you can mail me on (RainMoreDays @ Gmail dot com)

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by ENGRPETER101: 12:49pm On Mar 14
drop your WhatsApp number for cassava farming group
Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by excanny: 1:16pm On Mar 14
ENGRPETER101:
drop your WhatsApp number for cassava farming group

Re: Please How Much Can A 3 Acres Of Cassava Farm Generate? by Obinnau(m): 4:23pm On Mar 14
ChikezieU:
Please where can I get the stems bro

Those are the stems I brought for planting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Optimum Quality Crayfish, Best Prices / I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business / My Journey Into Plantain Farming - Challenges, Cost And Profit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.