Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again (38447 Views)

My Church Bazaar Is Mega Wealth, Stay Away If You Won’t Donate – Father Mbaka / Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? / Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Vote Candidate With No Knowledge Of Business Or Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by PointZerom: 10:03am On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

That'a not the issue at hand. The issue is that it is not only wrong, but ungodly to put aside any of your wives because you claim you are now born again.

The bible never said that, christians ahould aeriously ask themselves where they got that idea from that a man should out aside one of his wives if he become born again.

Is it not a sin to do what God has not tod you to do? why christians accept to teach that falsehood is what is beyond me.

If you disagree with Oyakhilome, then put forward your arguement and show that they are superior to his. That is fair enough, right?

The same Oyakhilome that encourages masturbation.

He knew nothing about the principles of marriage.

You can't be in adultry claiming to be a child of God.

Put away extra wives.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Hezmatosky: 10:07am On Mar 10
Ance4Liverpool:
Oyahkilome should keep quiet, where is his own wife?
Some motor accidents are not driver's fault, some are vehicular fault too. You gerit?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by sageb: 10:11am On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

That'a not the issue at hand. The issue is that it is not only wrong, but ungodly to put aside any of your wives because you claim you are now born again.

The bible never said that, christians ahould aeriously ask themselves where they got that idea from that a man should out aside one of his wives if he become born again.

Is it not a sin to do what God has not tod you to do? why christians accept to teach that falsehood is what is beyond me.

If you disagree with Oyakhilome, then put forward your arguement and show that they are superior to his. That is fair enough, right?

so true
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Offpoint1: 10:17am On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

It's the west that indoctrinate Africans with their culture, the one-man one-wife is nowhere in the Bible
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Negroid001(m): 10:20am On Mar 10
femi4:
The scripture is there to guide. No manual supersedes that, not even experience

So in essence. We should ignore all these gbanjo preachers.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by PointZerom: 10:23am On Mar 10
iezeiyida:
What a wise answer from the man of God !

Great men of God from the Bible had more than 1 wife. It's unfair to chase the wife you culturally and legally married because of a weak excuse that you are now a born again

Happy Mother's Sunday to all Anglican church member, and God bless every mother

This is spiritual matters keep your emotions one side.

If legitimately buy a stolen car, you gonna return it once it's proven. Same as marrying many wives as an unbeliever, you must restitute once you become born again .

God is not in support of polygamy read your bible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Incrediblekutty(m): 10:23am On Mar 10
Ance4Liverpool:

So he should advise people to send their wives away because he's divorced?? Reason before dropping comment next time, it will save you from embarrassing yourself
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Enculer2: 10:23am On Mar 10
Ance4Liverpool:

You sound really dumb
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Enculer2: 10:24am On Mar 10
Negroid001:
Pastor Chris was not born again when he sent his own wife away.

Oooh, i see...

You are really dumb. Low IQ.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Enculer2: 10:25am On Mar 10
Negroid001:

You too think.
Preachers should lead by example.
Someone with a failed marriage shouldn't be giving marital advice.

You are truly dumb
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Incrediblekutty(m): 10:28am On Mar 10
Negroid001:

Christians are not meant to divorce except on grounds of infidelity.
So Chris cheated on Anita, hmmmmnnn. I see.

Person wey him wife leave am dey advise another man make e no leave him wife.
Blind dey lead blind.

The height of your dumbness is so conspicuous in your comments, even when someone tried to cover up how dull you are, you still ended up exposing yourself. What if he was advising the the man because he doesn't want him to experience what he (Oyahkilome) experienced?? And who says he he must advise people to send their wives away because his own wife divorced him?? Ode ni e O
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Nice59: 10:30am On Mar 10

If you disagree with Oyakhilome, then put forward your arguement and show that they are superior to his. That is fair enough, right?[/quote]

I concur with you.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Nairalander248: 10:31am On Mar 10
Ance4Liverpool:

Now picture a little child telling your father and your mother what you just said grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by DavidEsq(m): 10:32am On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

On what do u base your opinion? The Bible of what?

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by guywitzerogal(m): 10:35am On Mar 10
Ance4Liverpool:
she go buy pepper for market
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by PointZerom: 10:37am On Mar 10
Offpoint1:

It's the west that indoctrinate Africans with their culture, the one-man one-wife is nowhere in the Bible

Genesis 1:27
[27]So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 2:24
[24]Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Deuteronomy 17:17
[17]Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.

Marriage is between a man and a woman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Incrediblekutty(m): 10:38am On Mar 10
Negroid001:

Your typo is incoherent. Try structuring your words well. Too lengthy, go straight to the point. Make it short.

Your second clause is incorrect. Mind your own grammatical errors especially when you are picking the errors in another person's writing (s)
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by khalleb(m): 10:44am On Mar 10
Negroid001:

Oooh, i see...
He didn't send his wife away she file for divorce, if your wife file for divorce and you appeals ber but she said no she's going let her go l. And that's quite different
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Negroid001(m): 10:44am On Mar 10
Incrediblekutty:

Your second clause is incorrect. Mind your own grammatical errors especially when you are picking the errors in another person's writing (s)

Do you attend christ embassy?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Negroid001(m): 10:45am On Mar 10
khalleb:

He didn't send his wife away she file for divorce, if your wife file for divorce and you appeals ber but she said no she's going let her go l. And that's quite different

Why did she file for divorce?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by soccerlite: 10:46am On Mar 10
Oyakilome time don pass na

Other fallacy talkers don talk over
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by ufotunang: 10:47am On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

....ok but is the bible against a Christian to marry more than one wife...I am just asking
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Azazyel: 10:48am On Mar 10
Negroid001:

You've strayed from the main topic. I said a divorced pastor shouldn't be giving marital advice.

Who made this rule? Left to Pastor Chris, he wouldn't have wanted a divorce but Anita wanted it so badly. He is human just like everyone of us. Being a pastor doesn't make one a superhuman or make him immune to problems around. What I can see is that you don't like pastor Chris at all. You're just using this topic as a smokescreen. There are certain things he says that I disagree with sometimes but this time around, he is correct
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by ufotunang: 10:50am On Mar 10
Negroid001:

Oooh, i see...
..he did not send his wife away.

The wife divorced him..and the wife refused to settle and reconcile with her husband.. even when her husband wanted them to reconcile
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Negroid001(m): 10:51am On Mar 10
Azazyel:

Who made this rule? Left to Pastor Chris, he wouldn't have wanted a divorce but Anita wanted it so badly. He is human just like everyone of us. Being a pastor doesn't make one a superhuman or make him immune to problems around. What I can see is that you don't like pastor Chris at all. You're just using this topic as a smokescreen. There are certain things he says that I disagree with sometimes but this time around, he is correct

What business do i have with someone that encourages masturbation. I don't hate him, ahn ahn. Make una relax.

Who knows a man better than his wife?
And she divorced him. Something is fishy.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Negroid001(m): 10:52am On Mar 10
ufotunang:

The wife divorced him..and the wife refused to settle and reconcile with her husband.. even when her husband wanted them to reconcile
Why?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Eriokanmi: 10:52am On Mar 10
Negroid001:

You too think.
I've made up my mind never to comment on any religious arguments anymore but I had a change of mind after I read your post.

You see, so many men of God today won't even near heaven , talk more of making it. I'm not God but I can tell you vividly that most of them aren't on the side of God. They only refer to parts of the bible which suit their bidding. they're also fond of turning the bible upside down.

Have you heard of the story of Apostle Ayo Babalola, the founder of CAC? What of St. Moses Orimolade Tunolashe, who founded C&S? Apostle Babalola had a hell of a wife before he met Christ. After he became born again he kept the woman. During a crusade, this woman would mount the podium and ask him to give her money to cook soup. She had disgraced him on several occasions openly but God came to his rescue. There was a time he was preaching and this woman pulled his cloth and asked him to give her money. Apostle said there's money inside his agbada at home but the woman said she had ransacked everywhere but no money was found. He prayed to God in his spirit and asked the woman to go back and check and she'd meet money there. Truly, she got there and met mints of different denominations. She came back and said she met more than she needed and left.

Today, that woman would be divorced and the church of God would be ridiculed. She was used by the devil but he didn't prevail over Apostle Ayo Babalola. This man never preached prosperity but about the kingdom. Miracles happened in his time. I remember the story of Abeo, a woman whose corpse was dumped near her husband's place at oke ado in Ibadan cos her family said they'd not accept her corpse with pregnancy inside her. The husband too rejected her cos she left his place over a dispute for her family house where she actually took ill and died. She was already stinking where her body was dumped for 4 days. Apostle Babalola was having a crusade nearby . The woman woke up and ran to the revival ground. Those who knew her and witnessed it ran away.

She said a man in a white apparel came to her and said she should wake up and join her fellows at the crusade nearby, instead of lying down there. That was what led to the spread of CAC church in Ibadan and environs that time.

These men of God overcame tribulations, they served God wholeheartedly, preaching from village to village. Today they want to remain only in the cities where there's money or they go abroad to collect dollars from our people living there . They have branches overseas when most villages here are yearning for God's visitation. They ride on jets and expensive SUVs with high convoy and body guards. I wonder what a man of God is doing with a bodyguard when he had God as his protector. Whenever death comes knocking, no amount of bodyguard wouid see it.

There was a day I slept after a short vigil. The Lord visited me and opened my eyes to see my church. He said, can you see how much these people are and I said yes. He said just look, only 3 people are fit for heaven. The capacity of the church I attend is a bit over 2,000. Out of 15 men of God in that gathering, only one was pointed to, as a qualified one. When I woke up, I was sober. I was praying. I told one of the pastors and he screamed. He asked me, if I saw him and I said I didn't cos the revelation was so clear.

The kingdom of God was the theme of the sermon the next Sunday grin. The man was the one who preached and was weeping. When Jesus asked if He'd find faith on earth when he comes back, He knew what he meant cos He knew the end from the beginning. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Righteousness2(m): 10:54am On Mar 10
Unbiblical teaching from the pit of Hell.
In order words restitution is wrong.

GOD'S Word is the Standard not what Pst Chris or anybody thinks or says.

GOD'S Standard in the Bible is One Man one woman.
You cannot help GOD by your human brain.
We are to Obey GOD'S Word not Man's word.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Truvelisback(m): 10:54am On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:
When asked by someone im.South Africa if he should send any of his wives away, because he is now born again, Oyakhilome said no, he should not do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAL-4G_cwY&t=3s
Yes.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by ufotunang: 10:55am On Mar 10
Negroid001:

You too think.
... nobody is perfect in this world even if the person is a pastor .. pastors cannot be 100% perfect..a pastor can have a failed marriage,..but the wife refused to settle the matter and reconcile with her husband even after the husband wanted to reconcile with her...

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Truvelisback(m): 10:56am On Mar 10
Righteousness2:
Unbiblical teaching from the pit of Hell.
In order words restitution is wrong.

GOD'S Word is the Standard not what Pst Chris or anybody thinks or says.

GOD'S Standard in the Bible is One Man one woman.
You cannot help GOD by your human brain.
We are to Obey GOD'S Word not Man's word.
Where did the Bible say that the man should abandon or divorce the other wives?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by PointZerom: 10:56am On Mar 10
ufotunang:

What do you think will make a woman to divorce such person?

There are many things you don't know here.

A man that told his members to be doing masturbation cannot be taken seriously.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Prophet Joshua Iginla Prophesied About Buhari, Defection Saga In 2018 / Guy Dancing In Church Chased By Ushers (Hilarious Video) / Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.