Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Any Hope 4 3rd Classers - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Any Hope 4 3rd Classers (13167 Views)

Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? / Any Hope For A Graduate After Six Years Of Joblessness? / Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by crito(m): 9:33pm On Sep 26, 2007
na wa oh, shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by iykrion(m): 10:58pm On Sep 26, 2007
@Davidylan,
Boy, I never knew that you can be so humbled. So, you can write without abusive words? Thanks to sane peolpe's responses, I believe you have learnt your lessons. You see, learning is a continuun. I was not comfortable using those abusive words, but I had to do it, to make you realise how painful it can be pouring invectives on others who meant well.

Well, as regards having a low mental capability, I leave it to others to judge. You know say you don dey baised already, therefore, you no fit give any unprejudiced judgement. smiley

How is yankee? I trust you are doing just great wink By the way, could you please recommend a good business school that one can go for an MBA? No hard feelings cool.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 26, 2007
@ iykrion, depends on what type of school you are interested in and how much you are willing to pay. my school has an excellent business program that i think pays for students admitted so its free.

http://www.simon.rochester.edu/
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by iykrion(m): 11:38pm On Sep 26, 2007
@david,
Thanks Man, you are indeed great! Have a good night rest.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by femionasan(m): 9:09am On Sep 27, 2007
If already have a job u can also try the distance learning RDI distance learning programme. I am presently doing a PGD with University of Leicester. I am doing this cos it will be easier for me to go for a masters programme and also get a better job. The PGD programme is for a year while the Masters programme is for about 2 years. U can mail RDI west Africa for more details distancelearning@rdinigeria.net or call

LAGOS OFFICE
10B Lalupon close off keffi street
S/W Ikoyi Lagos - Nigeria
Tel: 234-1-8900713,4740937
Fax: 234-1-4630697
Mobile: +234(0)803 437 4949
+234(0)808 204 0556
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by Bblak(f): 10:08am On Sep 27, 2007
Sure there's hope.just put your trust in God and try to add value to yourself by being creative either by going for your postgraduate studies or some other things that can bring out the best in you.Gdluck
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by Huramabi(m): 10:19am On Sep 27, 2007
a third class graduate cannot work with hope. he needs something more than hope. he needs faith hope has noe end he needs to be courageous. do more than others are doing. he needs motivation visit www.highdayinternational.com
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by musah: 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2008
God will give u somthing beautiful okay
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by ohis4: 9:01am On Nov 07, 2008
My Guy,there is hope for 3rd class gradaute in gettin a job.i have 2 friends that had 3rd class and they re presently working and doin well.though its isnt easy but follow these steps.
Step 1
Pray to God and tell him what you want ,then thank HIM for he has answer your prayer
Step 2
Develop a self motivated spirit within you and be confident because fear and nagative taught which u had b4 has taking you no were
Step3
For engineering and science student, look for a hearby cafe or busniess center for a job.pls dont look down on those jobs cos it is a steping stone whatever the offer,accept while for accounting and social science student ,prepare a good cv,dress very well and go to any micro banking or those new insulance company that a not realy known yet,talk to them with boldness and tell them you need dat job.
Note
For those Engineering /Science student,when you already had that job,write certification exams preferably CCNA,MCSE,ITILL OCA,SQL.any of those listed while for those ACCOUNTING/SOCIAL SCIENCE STUDEN write, TALLY,Peach Tress,CITRIKS ETC
These are the basic foundation of what you need to do then other information will come to u.

Pls dont weast your time talkin that you have 3rd class or feeling down instead think of moving forward.these steps has worked for 2 of my friends and these steps also apply for everyone.
I had 2:2 but today am working in a very big telecommunication company in Naija.i have travell to different country but my Beginin wasnt good but 2day i can smile that God Has done it.
Love u All
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by internetca(m): 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2008
Internet Cash Technology
Abuja HeadQuater, Nigeria.

Complement of the season.

Dear investors of INTERNET CASH TECHNOLOGY.
There will be an important meeting for all the investors of Internet Cash Technology Saturday 22nd of November at Abuja to discuss on very important issues.

The venue will be sent via: SMS or email.
Time: 7:30pm.

Premiun Members: If you are investing the minimum of #180,000 Naira (One Hundred And Eighty Thousand Naira) with us. You will receive Free ABC Transport ticket 2days to the meeting at your permanent home addrress and you go to any ABC Transport nearest to you with the ticket and take the morning bus to the venue of the meeting at Abuja.
We are booking your ticket from ABC Office Nearest to you and we are going to send the Ticket togather with your meeting invitation and free hotel reservation for the night. We are going to also take care of your feeding.

Gold Memembers: You are investing minimum of 350,000naira (Three Hundred And Fifty Naira Only) with us.
YOU ARE GOING TO RECEIVE YOUR FREE FLIGHT TICKET TOGATHER WITH YOUR INVITATION AND FREE HOTEL RESERVATION FOR THE NIGHT and also take care of your feeding.

CONTROL YOUR FUTURE, SO THERE IS AN OPPORTUNITY

http://internetcashwork4u..com/2008/09/internet-cash-tech.html
Thanks For Your Cooperation And We Promise to Serve You Better

Sign
Management
Internet Cash Technology.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by enroe(m): 8:55pm On Nov 07, 2008
Hi David, almost everybody on this thread is against u.u should be intelligent enough to know why.check urself b4 u wreck urself.a piece of advice, No third class grad wanted that u know.some educational institutions dont encourage.u should know. No strings attached.lol
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by chukje2002: 10:58pm On Nov 07, 2008
This is my mail address : chukje2002@yahoo.com , link me up you banks that accept Third Class(Hon) with MBA

Thanx
God Bless Nigeria
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by DavidDylan(m): 11:01pm On Nov 07, 2008
enroe:

Hi David, almost everybody on this thread is against u.u should be intelligent enough to know why.

the "why" is evidenced in your post - lazy people glorifying mediocrity cannot stand it when others tell them to pick themselves up by the bootstraps and stop blaming others for their self-inflicted "woes"

enroe:

check yourself before u wreck yourself.a piece of advice, No third class grad wanted that u know.some educational institutions don't encourage.u should know. No strings attached.lol

Too late to wreck myself so thanks but no thanks to the unwarranted advice.
Educational institutions are required to encourage you to pass ur exams? shocked Lazy bone.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by Rebirth(m): 9:49am On Nov 08, 2008
[b]i think  a wise 3rd classer (as you have christened it) will not try to get entry level jobs as mtn, zenith, or any other blue chip company. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. i would advise that
1. you identify a career path
2. get all the qualifications and certifications that will make you employable to the Blue chips
3. apply to small organisations (they paid less and may be glad to have you or at least give you a chance - low pay but you don't have much of a choice)
4. distinguish yourself, be involved, solve problems, have the right attitude, dress well.
5. with necessary work experience (that you can only from doing the work of ten people because the CEO can pay for 9 more people), apply to the blue chips.
6. it will take longer but it should work out fine

how do i know
I FINISHED WITH A THIRD CLASS AFTER TWO EXTRA YEARS (technically, i spent about 10 years in uni.)
but now i don't think i am doing too badly. i have a good job with very good benefits.

and remember you are not in competition with anyone but yourself

GOOD LUCK[/b]
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by vitamin(f): 10:18am On Nov 08, 2008
@ Otunba27 Please can you contact me? Need some candid advice finished with a 3rd class too. Hope to hear from you.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by spagone(m): 2:25am On Nov 09, 2008
Whats up, It doesnt really matter the grade you had from the university,But that inner beauty you have in you which is the talent God granted each and every being. The truth is that most of the course we studied in the university is not what we really wanted but what our Enviroment dictated to us. Perhaps if Bill gates comes from this part of our world he wouldnt have achieve what he did today,Because non of his families would have shared the vision he had. Has any body ever wondered why all Nigerians who are succesful technology wise are those living outside the country. So my dear just let the strenght of our lord be your strenght and search for that inner light in you, to shine for other to see. IT IS WELL.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by TolaJobs: 7:55am On Nov 09, 2008
Hi,

I am an HR Consultant, and i have come across different classes of degrees during interviews. i have seen people with 2.1 and 1st class who who cannot string together a logical sentence, and i have also seen 3rd class candidates who were brilliant and very articulate.

At the end of the day it is how confident you are in yourself, how you carry yourself and prove you can do the job. An interviewer is looking for who can do the job.

Although 70% of Nigerian interviewers are still very myopic, i trained abroad and what we should look out for is EXPERIENCE and ABILITY and not rely wholly on a piece of paper saying 2.1 or 2.2

Unfortunately you already have the 3rd, what i advice, is for you to get a PGd and a Masters, go ahead to distinguish yourself in what you do, dont let anyone knock you down, believe in yourself. There lots of managers who finshed with 3rds, afterall how many presidents have we had who graduated with 2.1? wink
All the best!
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by andyzoga: 8:46am On Nov 09, 2008
DavidDylan, u may be having a good point though, but ur presentation is totally wrong. A stupid idea could still be presented very well. . . u know? Try and be more sensitive to ur environment and people around you. You don't need to be told that u'ren't better in anyway. So many reasons may be responsible for someone making a third class, but that isn't the end of the road. Learn how to be more polite and make a better person out of anyone in that category. Wishing you the best in life. . .
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by sabro(m): 11:37am On Nov 10, 2008
Do not let the class of your degree limit you. Always exude confidence. If you have the time and money, go for your PGD in any discipline of your choice or do a professional examination of your choice. Then go for a masters degree. Look unto God always. He is not limited by your grade. We have so many people with brilliant results roaming the streets while those with average results working in multinational companies. My brother, in terms of the best result I do not think Obama has the best in America. Leave your grade alone, God will give you job. I want you to focus on the acquisition of skills.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by horlan: 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2008
"mr,wel", balanced opinion.

wel,i think dis an opinion sheet in wc everyone has right to express his or her opinion wtout "eye brow 4m d GBEMUS".
I think d opinion of oda guy may be stupid and unhuman but nid not be questioned.jst leave him wt his destiny of indifferent to plight of individua.
i know one day he ll surely learn"4m Grace, not by Might".
job ll come 4 everyone of us soon by d time we hold d authority by "throut".pls,lets rise 4dat challenges instead.bless u all.
ENGR ABDLATEEF
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by Risto(m): 9:07pm On Nov 15, 2008
@davidylan

why are u so short-sighted?
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by febirac(m): 12:49am On Nov 18, 2008
hi all, i have followed this thread and what i see at play here is one of most common mistake we make in this part of the world - our to much dependence on paper qualification and always looking for who to employ us. the grade u come out with in school is not a   determinant of what u will finally become in life. so it depends on what you want in life for yourself. university education is just about giving u a broad knowledge for u to go out there to succeed. i have seen many people who made first class yet they didn't  make career  success.  i have seen people who didn't even go to college yet their owners of industries and even governors in najia. third class is a nomenclature and not a passport to failure. if u  are there u can still become what u want to be in life. how many of the Ibo entrepreneurs at onitsha and Aba, saw the 4 walls of the university yet the employ graduates in their company's. we really have to begin to change our mind set if we are to accomplish our God given purpose.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by tamai(f): 11:15am On Nov 19, 2008
am actually getting tired of seeing this post,and some people's discouraging write up
on this issue.Third class holders should stop seeing their grades as an issue.If
you see it as a limitation, it will actually limit you. Don't in anyway let it affect your self confidence.
Instead, learn to see it as a spring board.I have come to see failure as the best motivational factor anyone needs to excel.Improve on yorself,not just your qualification.

Finally,it is not of he that willeth,or of he that runneth,its the lord that showeth mercy.
When God's favour rest upon you,your name will be listed where you are not
qualified for.Raise your head high, and be proud of your 3rd class.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by obukoko(m): 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2008
Hi everyone.
All this talk about third class or no third class is making me sick,
Okay, I have a third class, so what?
I had this gloomy feeling that I was not going to make it in life but I did not quit.
I worked for 3 months in a Primary School earning 8k a month immediately after NYSC,
I left the job and accidentally got a job as a Client Service Officer for a Savings and Loans company,
After my first month, they did not pay me so I left them I in my despair I thought I should set up my own outfit no matter how small and do my own thing.
I set up a small marketing coy ( I just did an ID card and complimentary cards) and within 2 months I made 500,000 Naira. This made a lot of top shot marketers that heard about me raise their eyebrows and they started gunning for me. Nobody, not even one person asked me about my first degree.
I turned them all down and instead went to UNILAG to look for a way to do my PGD. On getting there they said they were not doing a PGD in my course which was the course I did in my first degree but I can try going in for their Masters entry exam. This I did, along with about a hundred other people, most of whom had the 2.1s and 2.2s and to my very surprise, my name was published as Number 4 on the list of people admitted for Masters. Now I have a Masters degree ( I went for a PGD and got a Masters instead.
I doesn't end there. I have never been out of a job for a month since I entered sales. I now work in a Multinational and they are paying me well, even pampering me as I am adding value to their organization. I am now into Sales even though I studied a tough science course up to Masters level.
So you see, having 3rd class does not mean you cannot compete; it means you have to work 3 times harder to get the jobs that people with better grades get. Sometimes some companies ask for the 2.1s and 2.2s, it does not mean that someone with 3rd class should not apply. Once your CV is packed with personal achievements and good work experience along with some self development courses and certifications (or attempt at them) they will call.
My fellow 3rd class people, we know some of the bribery that goes on in school for good grades so we know that there are many people that should be in our position but escaped because they had more money. We also know that there are some people that got 3rd class and deserve it; those traits will still manifest in the corporate world and they will be placed where they belong. But for those people who are unfortunate to have 3rd class, maybe because of exam fever, or family problems (like me) or blanking out in most exams, or inability to purchase books on time because of hardship (also like me), no need to fear. The future is bright, Just forget your worries and work 3 times harder.

Failure is predictable, Success is predictable too, Nothing is ever by mistake.

Xb
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by solowealth(m): 12:43am On Nov 20, 2008
I will advice you to focus on self employment rather than jobs. I'm not saying you can't get job but I felt I should advise you to try to do some things on your own. Just too many opportunities are lying down for you to explore. You can really make it big working for yourself and not for someone else. And guess what? you don't even need much to start doing that. What you need to start is your decision and determination. Once all that is there, you won't have problem. In case you don't have an idea of what you can do, feel free to mail me and I will give you some Ideas. temitopeakinola@gmail.com
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by strykin: 7:44am On Nov 20, 2008
Hi nairalanders!really,an obstacle remains one only in d eyes of beholder.3rd class or drop out,its jst for u to get over urslf and focus on distinguishin urslf 4rm d pack.i like the way that davidylan guy expresses himslf and that he didnt chicken out of here even tho theres bn a lot of beefs, he s articulate and sure of who he is,what he s worth and what he stands for, qualities that shld b invaluable for 3rdclassers.an attitude lyk that,despite ur 3rd, WILL get u ahead. Still,i understand that its not evryone that thrives under tough luv and there might often arise a need to 'sweetn words with honey', i understand that. Im an undergrad in a sch that initially didnt encourage academic excellence esp when u didnt hv money backin ur efforts.bt nw,things r changin,for one thing,we ve got some really knowledgeabl profs teachin us,as opposd 2 our previous lecturers,im in my final yr battlin hard 4 my 2,1,still holding to d possibility of a first class, what im sayin is, trash d sentiments and move on!
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by strykin: 8:00am On Nov 20, 2008
David might seem caustic and,truly, not all his words r well chosen bt then,we never can adequately express the entirety of our thoughts or impressions.no matter what, we r frequently misundastood.still there must b sumthin he s doin right for us to stop and listen when he s spoutin off words.i m also really into iykrions attitude.see now,he managd 2 trade in a truckload of beefs for jst one valuabl piece of info.before i make a fool of myslf by declaring undyin love to all nairalanders,make i go library go read!any spirit of 3rd class,what r u waitin for?DIE BY FIRE! Lol.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by geolabious(m): 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2008
[size=13pt]3rd Class
I dont think so[/size]
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by sko(m): 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2008
belief is all it takes for a third classer to know hope.
there is great deal of hope for all third classer but it is for those who work and believe that nothing is impossible.just be positive minded even when you think you are down!!
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by steven5: 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2008
YES. A capital yes. It is not the grade that puts food on your table. In the real world, degrees are useless without skills. What matters is not what you have as a degree but what you can do. I am assuring you that the beginning of success for you starts with believing that YOU CAN. There's hope.
What do you want out of life?
What are your skills?
Are you determined to succeed?
Are you willing to pay the price?
There are many defeated 1st classers out there who cannot make both ends meet. You are your future and your future is bright. I give you a challenge, if you want to be a success think like the successful, if you want to be a millionaire, think like a millionaire. thanks.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by success4(m): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2008
Wole Soyinka,Ganni Fawemi,Tony Elumelu etc came out with 3rd class
in the University,but Nigerians cannot do without these great men.
Your result is not the function of your future.

Watch for my HINTS on how to make it in Nigeria even without
educational background,
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by djhills(m): 11:17pm On Nov 23, 2008
wat a thread!!! shocked, i really enjoyed maself,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do Lagos People Get Job Updates/vacancies / Collation Preparation Officer Job Vacancy At Stanbic IBTC Holdings Plc / Share Your Job Hunting Experience!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.