Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Any Hope 4 3rd Classers - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Any Hope 4 3rd Classers (13169 Views)

Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? / Any Hope For A Graduate After Six Years Of Joblessness? / Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by KingSola(m): 5:23pm On Mar 19, 2009
Become a marketer for say 2years for an Insurance coy or a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Coy in Lagos or Abuja and then retire young to the Farm.

It is easy to market for companies even banks and mfbs and then buy farmlands and animals and in 3 years you will find your self employing at least a 1st class graduate.

we are farming now and it is the highest returning real invetsment given to man by God. Do it this rainy season. God will give you harvest in Jesus Christ name. Amen.

Forget class. It was your lecturer's opinion. If you were in UK you may graduate with 2-1 or even 1st class.

You can also go for PGD or straight to MBA in UK or Japan or Singapore etc.

Farming is the largest employer of Labour.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by ommo(m): 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2009
Anyway, am not surprise davidylan or whatever he calls himself gave that first advice in the first place angry angry angry, but, i like it that, he later explained himself better. Life is too short to be crying over your failure. I will not about giving any long advice, because it is the easiest thing do,and know that the most difficult apart of it is taking it. Therefore, if you can take one or two of those advises you have been given above, you will always have a cause to thank God. NEVER WRITE YOURSELF OFF[]
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by sabro(m): 5:59pm On Mar 23, 2009
It is very disappointing that at this time when the work of God is been manifested in all its ramification people are still leaning on their own understanding. The book of Proverbs chapter 3 verse 5 says "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart: and lean not unto thine own understanding". In the sight of God what is 1st, 2nd or 3rd class? My brother key in into the living words of God and you will understand what I am talking about.

I am not writing to encourage failure, but to let you know that it is only God that promotes. In Psalm 75 verses 6 & 7, it said "For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and sitteth up another. Our Lord is the one that promotes. You can be nothing with your first class. Also, you can be something with your third class. History has recorded a lot of dropouts that mad or are making impact in the global society. For your information, Bill Gate is one.

Success starts from your mind. You are what you think you are. Romans 12 verse 2 says, "And be not be conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God". Begin to think contrary to the way the world is thinking. Success starts from your mind. By even bringing this problem to this forum is enough to show that you are already feeling inferior.

My brother, what you need now is idea. Begin to think on what next. Your degree only gives you the opportunity to express yourself in the society. Gone are the days when only degree performs the magic. Except you do not know our God who said in Joshua 1 verse 8 that "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein; for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success".

On a final note, let me remind you in the word of Ecclesiastes 9 verse 11 ", that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, not yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. Think of Nigerian footballers, actors and actresses, musicians, pastors who are without first degrees not to talk of third class. You know what I mean!

My friend, the only advice I can give you is to stop leaning on your own understanding. Just put your trust in God. Who knows His mind? Again, I will advice you to narrow your job search to private businesses that are not multinationals and banks. Some private businessmen only want to see you practicalise what you know. In my present position, what I have is just a diploma in Mass Communication from University of Lagos and a chartered diploma in Public Relations (NIPR). I am not regreting, I believe I am Okay. Break away from this certificate mentality and become creative in whatever you do. Believe in yourself. Incorporate Obama's spirit into your attitude to life. Stop licking the wound of your third class, and begin to plan ahead. Stop telling people about it. Accept it the way it is and move on.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by ogbronx(m): 12:19am On Apr 04, 2009
the kinds of topic and rubbish comments that follows show that naija has a long way to go.i think a great deal of naija pple are not enlightened.wetin concern third class and success? ohhh! yes!yes! in naija,paper certificate is everything.nonsense!little wonder the place does not know progress.dbanj and his likes unko.you and your yeye naija university certificates wey no dey recognized outside!
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by hymnha(m): 3:12pm On Apr 04, 2009
Wole Soyinka's grade was what?

There is hope for 3rd class grad. They only need to use their brain. Dont take a job as humiliating. If you have a business proposal, approach NDE, they will be ready to collaborate with CBN to give you loan. once they see in you that you know what you are doing.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by tosino3: 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2009
Please keep going even if you're 3rd class or any class.
Most people fail sometimes, but please when you fall down, start thinking about getting up again.
In Nigeria, I have heard both points of view: that it is all about the certificate, and that it is all about what you can do. Most employers believe in certificate, so be realistic and don't bother yourself with them. Instead, find the employers that are looking for other things: charm, hardwork, ability to make money, creativity, connections, or what what. Either that or believe in yourself and start doing your own thing. Or find a place where there are so many jobs that even you will get a chance. Nigeria is not that place. Many people, few jobs.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by Lolladey(f): 12:06pm On Nov 25, 2009
there is always hope for any living being as long as there is life. with God all things are possible cos He is the only one that can make the possible impossible and the impossible possible
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by moh(m): 9:51pm On Nov 27, 2009
thou i am about to graduate with a 3rd class
but ve every hope dat will get a very gud job with
my 3rd class after graduating !!! so all u with 3rd class
dsnt mean u re nt gud, but ve faith in ur self.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by jobforce012: 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
yes.call 08020500341. Do not go back to school.
Re: Any Hope 4 3rd Classers by berryworld: 2:05pm On Mar 14, 2015
tayorich12:
The man has a point,

Sometimes us naijas can be a bit too patronizing of ourselves blaming all of our troubles on the government, economy etc .

Yes, some of you are right having a 3rd class is not the end of the world, however in the present climate the 3rd classer is going to have a tough time finding anything and that not only applies to Naija, it is a universal thing. We live in a very very competitive world and eventhough we can cite some examples of some 3rd classers or drop outs being at the top (I believe Branson and Bill Gates are in this category as well) they still had to work extremely hard to get where they are today!

My opinion is that a university degree opens your mind to possibilities, it is just a pity that our education system is not as good as the western world because it is more than just sitting in a class and listen to some old foggie yab on about God knows what all day long, there is a lot of hands on learning and other methods as well.

3rd classer, now is the time to really roll up your sleeves and find out who you are and why you are here. Take some time out to discover you - would you consider yourself to be the academic type or are you more the 'trade' type? is there anything you are really good at ie creative, artistic, organising, good with numbers, teaching ie something that comes naturally to you. Once you find this out, then start to look for opportunites to develop this God given ability or talent through something like an apprenticeship - it does not have to be everyday. Or maybe if you believe you can still give the academics a go, by all means try again, but you are going to have to really knuckle down this time!!!

To hell with all dese nonense stories of urs,I hve seen alots of third class holders getting a good job,ma broda 4get ur certificate oo,its jst wat u knw,I hve seen people with 2.1 still jobless cos dey didn't work hard 2 get d result.don't give up jst keep on searching for a job and pray 2 God too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do Lagos People Get Job Updates/vacancies / Collation Preparation Officer Job Vacancy At Stanbic IBTC Holdings Plc / Share Your Job Hunting Experience!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.