Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? (17746 Views)

Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by maasoap(m): 7:01am On Mar 20
gfelo:
Seriously i dont understand but i love my girl and the baby so much

Don't listen to all these brain dead that have been pouring nonsense into your head.
I believe the school is asking for the information, truly. But still, it is a wrong information to ask for. They could have asked for blood group of both parents including the child, in the case of future emergency, nothing more.
Then, if it wasn't the school that is asking for the information but your mother in law, that still doesn't suggest anything to warrant you to be looking for where to do DNA test.
Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by gabbytabby: 7:45am On Mar 20
Nigerians and ignorance genotype questions should be asked before you get close enough to be having children.
Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by deanoffaculty: 8:44am On Mar 20
gfelo:
Please nairalanders my girl friend had a baby for me 3years ago and I promise to marry her, but due to the nature of my work am not always around, suddenly the mother in law called me and ask me about my genotype that the school the went to enrolled my baby is asking for my genotype.

I can't really understand why the school is asking for my genotype.
Seriously, your mother-in-law is doing the right thing. If you are a parent and your daughter is AS , can you give her out in marriage to AS man? That's a very great and regrettable risk.
This is why counseling is very important.

Please doctors and teachers help me.

Mod please to front-page
Honestly, I think Genotype test should be the first before pregnancy. This is very important so that the life of the baby will not be in danger of sickle cell crises.
I could sense that that they ran genotype test for your kid when you were not around and he/she(your kid) is a carrier. I think that's why they are asking of your genotype.
Also what is your genotype and that of your partner?
I think your mother-in-law is doing the right thing. No parent will give their kids out to someone without genotype match.
Counseling also is very important. Don't let us out the lives of these innocent kids at risk when it comes to genotype.

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by NoToPile: 9:16am On Mar 20
What's all the fuss about your potential inlaw asking for your genotype?

Is genotype a secret that can't be shared?

He is even saying the lady doesn't know his genotype, how will you even have a child for someone you don't know the genotype sef in this day and age.

it's part of the questions to be filled in the medical form of the school.

Any little thing boys be shouting DNA up and down, simple knowledge they can't have.

Hope you know parents are now asking genotype of potential partners of their children, especially if they know their child is AS. Some will just drive you guys to the hospital and do the damn test. Before you land them in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by henrimoto(m): 9:19am On Mar 20
UncleKoboko:

So what exactly is the problem or your problem here?

Is your genotype your bodycount or your bank account balance that you should keep a secret?

What's wrong with people?
... Uncle koboko, thank you Jare . I wonder wetin dey there to say your genotype.

...abi , them dey use person genotype do juju against the person ni ?

Na so we go dey disturb ourselves over talk wey no be nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by henrimoto(m): 9:25am On Mar 20
ATTAHDYE:
You guys on this platform are unbelievable!

Schools always ask for these details so that incase there is need for an emergency blood transfusion, they will have this information for guidance.

Most schools will ask for blood type, genotype, name of hospital, an emergency contact person, name and contact of child's doctor etc.
...That is to tell you the level and number of ignorant persons here.

Very simple and straight procedure.
Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by Lance008(m): 9:45am On Mar 20
Something fishy
What about a fatherless child
Dem no go give an admission or watin

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by gfelo(m): 10:34am On Mar 20
Thanks you for this contribution my genotype is AA and i know my girlfriend genotype is also AA but my gf did not know my genotype.

deanoffaculty:

Honestly, I think Genotype test should be the first before pregnancy. This is very important so that the life of the baby will not be in danger of sickle cell crises.
I could sense that that they ran genotype test for your kid when you were not around and he/she(your kid) is a carrier. I think that's why they are asking of your genotype.
Also what is your genotype and that of your partner?
I think your mother-in-law is doing the right thing. No parent will give their kids out to someone without genotype match.
Counseling also is very important. Don't let us out the lives of these innocent kids at risk when it comes to genotype.

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by Myzteriouz: 10:47am On Mar 20
gfelo:
Please nairalanders my girl friend had a baby for me 3years ago and I promise to marry her, but due to the nature of my work am not always around, suddenly the mother in law called me and ask me about my genotype that the school the went to enrolled my baby is asking for my genotype.

I can't really understand why the school is asking for my genotype.

Please doctors and teachers help me.

Mod please to front-page
maybe the baby has a scary genotype like maybe an ss or an sc and the girl in question had lied that youre AA on to love dey shack am. And since marriage do enter am, if she is AS and the baby is AS, hey need to be sure that you are not AS so the future no go caste for any innocent offspring.

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by deanoffaculty: 11:03am On Mar 20
gfelo:
Thanks you for this contribution my genotype is AA and i know my girlfriend genotype is also AA but my gf did not know my genotype.

Okkkk..... 👍.
I now understand. Maybe she had already told her parents that she doesn't know your genotype and they are worried.
Nothing do you jooo....
I think the most important thing is the trust that exist between you guys. This whole thing is not an issue at all.
Then on the aspect of the school, it's important for them to know your genotype but not necessary. What I think they should have asked for is your blood group, should in case any emergency comes up and your child needs blood or something.

Best regards!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by SmartMen: 11:14am On Mar 20
NEUDUDE:

idiot dey there and be doing i love my baby, whereas she hates you codedly. she just they use your money fund the baby father and herself life.

God wan use the mother in law help but you are still very foolish. No go do DNA, dey there dey mumu

you dey work dey hustle for them, she and the real pikin papa they enjoy themselves.

foolish men everywhere grin

Love isnt one-sided fool as you take love am, make sure shey she love you x2

I love how men handle people like the OP sha... I used to be mad by such words but not anymore. It is necessary.
Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by Abee79(m): 11:14am On Mar 20
She wants to know if you'd be a blessing or a curse to her daughter 🤣
Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by Rejoice28(f): 11:51am On Mar 20
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by Rodinat: 1:09pm On Mar 20
Most standard schools do take medical history of their students Incase of emergency.So there's nothing bad about it brother.
Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:52pm On Mar 20
Why not reach to the school and ask them

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by DevilsEqual(m): 2:01pm On Mar 20
1Sharon:

Nairaland men have finally discovered what DNA is and now we won't rest.

Not stalking o but once again, thanks for always posting your feet pic

Some of us like them and we appreciate seeing them

Kindly post more often and as soon as u make your nails too

2 Likes

Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by 1Sharon(f): 3:46pm On Mar 20
DevilsEqual:

Not stalking o but once again, thanks for always posting your feet pic

Some of us like them and we appreciate seeing them

Kindly post more often and as soon as u make your nails too

😂
Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by SURElee(f): 8:19am On Mar 21
At your age, you don't know the medical importance of genotype?

What is your genotype? What is your girlfriend's genotype?

And yes, a school has every right to know the child's genotype, because the child has a record in that school as an enrollee that is how they will be able to attend the the said child if an emergency comes up.

A child's medical record should indicate age, sex, genotype, blood group, and a list of things a child is allergic to.

If you feel anything fishy, go run a genotype test on you, the girlfriend, and the baby to rule out cases of being foisted with another man's baby.
Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by DevilsEqual(m): 9:25am On Mar 21
1Sharon:

😂

Can i talk, ma?
I know alot and I would want to know if u are well aware of these things....still on feet matter and nothing more

Can i tell u what i think and know on feet matters? Please
Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by Crownhome(m): 1:32pm On Mar 21
enemyofprogress:
She wan sick your blood for night
Yeparipa
Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by 1Sharon(f): 4:30am On Apr 01
DevilsEqual:

Can i talk, ma?
I know alot and I would want to know if u are well aware of these things....still on feet matter and nothing more

Can i tell u what i think and know on feet matters? Please

Foot fetish, I sabi
Re: Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? by DevilsEqual(m): 10:13am On Apr 05
1Sharon:

Foot fetish, I sabi

I dont know if you'll be cool with me writing poems and singing praises of your feet

I started praying to your feet pic recently sef...I wanna worship u, ma

I hope u dont see anything wrong with all that,ma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Take The Pressure Off The Kids: Why Kids Need To Play / Security Tips For Ladies. / Ladies Talk To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.