Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) (32786 Views)

Shy Bride Refuses To Kiss Groom, Husband Struggles To Kiss Her At Church Wedding / Unhappy Bride Refuses To Kiss Her Groom At The Altar, Pushes Him Away. Photos / Shy Bride Refuses To Kiss Groom At The Altar In Port Harcourt. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Bigseven(m): 6:33am On Mar 26
She funded the wedding because she just needed to be called married woman. Mrs
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:48am On Mar 26
MasterJayJay:
So if a car hits you and you are restricted to using a wheel chair, the husband should flee?

Some girls don’t think straight. She just declared that she’s there for the good times only. It’s not wittiness but shallow mindedness.

I pray for guidance when I’m ready to get married
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Fujiyama: 6:51am On Mar 26
Sheuns:
People living in the illusion that if you say only positive things, bad things won’t happen to you. Dey play. Life is full of good and bad and we all will experience both sides at some stage in our existence.

^^^
Well said.
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Kingcalls: 6:55am On Mar 26
Johnson225:
Sharp gal grin
She don lowkey drop hint; if e red for you she go flee asap

But on a second thought. She might just be trying to be optimistic, no room for negative thoughts.

Only a fool will not acknowledge negative tots ...negative tots are the reasons for developments and progress....

1 Like

Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Chukwuka319(m): 7:01am On Mar 26
The bride must be an End time bride.
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Inosky(m): 7:02am On Mar 26
The man won't take her serious in the marriage and put trust in her afterwards. As she wants to leave in hard times, the man will facilitate that so she can leave after the honeymoon grin
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Kingcalls: 7:04am On Mar 26
PeterObi001:
Yeah I absolutely concur with her ,,, positive affirmations only...... Most times we are what we confess 🤷🤷🤷

U can't be successful if u don't acknowledge both possibilities... if u only acknowledge one , u will remain where u are for life ...

1 Like

Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by falopey: 7:19am On Mar 26
OVB123:
I think it should be; will you love and cherish this man in all conditions of life, and not for better and for worst because such marriage vow is outdated.
Does in all conditions mean only better conditions? Or what do you mean in all conditions if bad condition is not part of the “all”? There’s no marriage that doesn’t have a situation when things don’t work as anticipated. That’s a worse situation at that point in time.

Nothing is outdated in the vow. Every marriage will be tested with time. The one that stands will be like a house built upon the rock
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Bluntemperor: 7:20am On Mar 26
Johnson225:
Sharp gal grin
But on a second thought. She might just be trying to be optimistic, no room for negative thoughts.

What nonsense is she trying to package into this Marriage,in this early journey?
This Indomie Generation have no shame and the man( groom )must have been stunned by this Bride to be,as pompous, very arrogant and soon,the harvest will be full indeed - very uncontrolable and next- to thy house oh Israel!
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by jojothaiv(m): 7:20am On Mar 26
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Reality never hit this baby girl

The problem with some folks is that they have failed to acknowledge the fact that life is ruled by bad and good

Tai once said,
'May your road be rough' till date many can't say amen to that prayer but that's the reality.
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by azpekuliar: 7:20am On Mar 26
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool

grin grin

My broda slaawomirr don cap real matters.

No need for me to chuk mouth. grin grin

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

That man wearing a facecap on your meme was a world war two veteran who lived to be 112 years old. Richard Overton.
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by PROPEACE: 7:44am On Mar 26
Johnson225:
Sharp gal grin

Life is a mix of ups and downs, everyone experiences that except of they want to lie to themselves. Sometimes, what we call optimism is actually foolishness.
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by cardoctor(m): 7:49am On Mar 26
Gat to be careful these days. Its a vow o.
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by AlphaHakimi: 7:56am On Mar 26
Dear men,

If you unfortunately marry a bad woman, I beg you, stop investing or providing for her. You see, the reason why it is easy for people to break up with you or to easily move on after a break up is because the invested very little to that relationship.

If a man has invested so much into his relationship, then the breakup hurts more. If a woman has invested so much into a relationship, then the breakup hurts her more. This is the basic rule of life, it has nothing to do with being a male or a female or being a good person.

As she has refused to acknowledge that good and bad, right and wrong, Yin and yang etc are what brings balance to the world, please do not make her life soft.

It seems as a joke now but before God and man, she has told you that she is there just for the good times. If something bad happens to you and she decides to leave, the laws of nature would not hold her culpable because she stood by the oath she swore. It is now left for you the man to act now or forever take whatever comes your way.

Also, why do women have the delusion that they are always wanted? They don't know that it's so cold outside( I hope they understand this).

Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Willed042(m): 7:57am On Mar 26
GistMedia0:
In a wedding ceremony that left guests both amused and astonished, a bride took a bold stance by deviating from the traditional marriage vows. Instead of the classic "for better or for worse" and "for richer, for poorer" promises, she offered a unique twist that had attendees in stitches.

As the ceremony commenced, the pastor solemnly began, "For better or for worse," expecting the customary response. However, the bride, adorned in an elegant gown, surprised everyone by confidently declaring, "For better, for better." shocked

This unexpected deviation from tradition garnered a mix of laughter and astonishment from the guests, who were intrigued to see what she would say next. The pastor continued with the next line, "For richer, for poorer," anticipating the standard reply. To the pastor's and guests' further amusement, the bride responded with equal conviction, "For richer, for richer." shocked

Was she right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqRlHa36W7k
What makes a church wedding is vow...everything other blessings of the wedding has been proclaimed on the day the parents gave the children out as husband and wife. The reason the Igbo culture prioritize more on their traditional marriage. Without the vow automatically it is no wedding. I don't know what is wrong with all this baby churches who taught life is full of roses. Even the rich also cries. Better or worst does not translate to monetization as believed by all Nigerian ladies. Everything to them is money. Look at what is happening to tye royal family in UK. For better for worst translate to u standing at each other side jn times of trials and difficulties which all beings must, I repeat must face in life. The so called pastor was wrong with the continuation of that vow. If u can uphold the tenants of the vow then just collect money from them and give them what certificate u wish to. All this show for the backward thoughts are unnecessary in this age.
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Johnson225(m): 7:58am On Mar 26
PROPEACE:

Life is a mix of ups and downs, everyone experiences that except of they want to lie to themselves. Sometimes, what we call optimism is actually foolishness.

I perfectly relate to this bro. Seconded
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Rejoice28(f): 8:11am On Mar 26
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Gboom: 8:20am On Mar 26
Truvelisback:
Stop that shit men! This is a vow. Not just a mere vow, it's a marital vow. The vow is for them to stick to their promises without any pretence.
You guys just type anyhow, am I not entitled to my opinion?
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by dreamworld: 8:28am On Mar 26
jmichael259:

To be replaced with western beastiality and h.om.o abi

Yaay to human evolution!
Lol
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by IkePeters(m): 8:35am On Mar 26
A time bomb ticking. This man needs a prenup urgently
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by pansophist(m): 8:44am On Mar 26
The pastor is an idiot, and shouldnt have went ahead to marry them. The pastor is probably a woke man of God. For her to pledge her own version of the vow only goes to show the weakling her husband is.

Lots of pastors in the west for example are under fire because they refuse to Wed same sex couples. They stood by their convictions and doctrines, and won't allow to be tempted.

If you can't keep the vows of marriage, then simply don't marry. There are other ways to formulate a union, like cohabitation for example.

Bad things will always happen. If you like, scream for better for better. Also, if it was her that bad things happens to, should her husband leave?

The bigger blame goes to the husband that was there looking like an idiot. When he could just refuse to pledge his own vows, making it impossible to pronounce them a couple.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by kenchop: 8:52am On Mar 26
POORLY BROUGHT UP GIRLS THAT THINK LIFE IS A BED OF ROSES. LIFE TOSSES ONE UP AND DOWN, SO AT ONES DOWN TIME SHE WILL FLEE. WE ALREADY KNOW HER MINDSET IN THE MARRIAGE, ITS STRICTLY TRANSACTIONAL. DURING UNFAVOURABLE CONDITIONS SHE WORKS AWAY. MAKE THE MAN PREPARE.
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Exceed15: 8:58am On Mar 26
I feel so sorry for this man. I m married and I can say there are good and very bad times. Again, this man don enter one chance.
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by NameInUse(f): 9:01am On Mar 26
She's not ready for the worse. Baby girl just wan enjoy her life😀
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Exceed15: 9:03am On Mar 26
gift2xl:
Words are powerful that's why most churches use "for better for best"

Abegii. Even the Bible says John 16:33. In this would you will have tribulation) problem, difficulty)but be of good cheer u have overcome the world..
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Exceed15: 9:04am On Mar 26
Goodlady:
She's right naa

Marry first... U go understand
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Exceed15: 9:28am On Mar 26
noble2faith:

Na wetin she do be that.
Even in this small life u have seen good n bad times .. marriage is not an exception.
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Exceed15: 9:30am On Mar 26
ExudeLoveToAll:

What is all conditions of life, doesn't it include the bad , good and ugly scenarios? What you wrote is just another phrase for what has been used for ages.

Na d woman marry am
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Exceed15: 9:33am On Mar 26
4good3:
She must be a woman of faith. Thats how it should be. She laid her marriage foundation on the solid rock of faith. I can only say that her faith will make her whole in the marriage journey.

Be deceiving yourself. Has everything been perfect in your life? But u overcome them one by one .. bad times is scriptural Read ur Bible welll
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Exceed15: 9:33am On Mar 26
Thoughty2:
She is a wise woman. She is very mindful of her confessions. I am just like that

I believe she loves the man come what may but she does not want to confess any negative thing into her marriage. Kudos to her

Lol . I pity u. Marry first.
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Exceed15: 9:36am On Mar 26
jookco:
Christians should never say in sickness till death do us path in marriage vows

Read your Bible.. there Is a time to live n time to die.. na una pastor dey deceive u ppl
Re: Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) by Babaibeji2020(m): 9:38am On Mar 26
MasterJayJay:
So if a car hits you and you are restricted to using a wheel chair, the husband should flee?
Sure he has to move on to a functional lady who ain't a liability.....that's the oath she just modified.
Idiat be thinking that negativity is one sided, a man's portion to be unfortunate. Don't go throwing banana peels around when your aged parents are still around!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Married Women Go Clubbing? / Ladies, How Do You Feel When Your Boyfriend Asks You For Money? / Was I Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.