Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,229 members, 7,811,632 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP (7427 Views)

Nigerians With Advanced Degrees But Without Jobs / Please I Need Information On O' Ride / O' Pay Jobs, Scam Or Not??? / Daily Pay Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by aieromon(m): 8:49am On Mar 26
The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) said it has uncovered a ploy by some suspected human traffickers to lure Nigerians with fake jobs in Ghana, Ivory Coast, and other countries in West Africa.

The Agency explained that the suspected traffickers exploit coordinated global brand trademarks and present unrealistic oil and gas job offers to traffic youths and other groups of people to neighbouring countries in the region for various forms of exploitation.

NAPTIP said victims are enticed with promises of monthly incomes of $900 under the guise of lucrative employment opportunities in gold mining and oil companies.

According to the agency, the victims are trafficked through the waterways of Ode Jetty in Lagos en route to Benin Republic and other parts of the West African region

It added that some victims are also trafficked through the land routes.

The Director-General of NAPTIP, Prof Fatima Waziri-Azi, revealed this at the Agency’s Headquarters in Abuja while discussing emerging trends in human trafficking for the year 2024.

Giving details of how the traffickers operate, Waziri-Azi in a statement in Abuja by the Communication Officer of NAPTIP, Adekoye Vincent stated: “NAPTIP has uncovered a new ploy by some suspected human traffickers who are exploiting coordinated global brand trademarks and offering unrealistic Oil and Gas job offers to traffic unsuspecting youths and other classes of people to neighbouring West African countries for various forms of exploitation.

“In recent times, NAPTIP has redoubled its efforts through enhanced partnership, collaboration, diligent prosecution, and extensive awareness campaigns aimed at bolstering its operations, resulting in a significant increase in convictions of human traffickers.

"As part of our comprehensive enlightenment strategies to equip Nigerians with timely and accurate information to reduce their vulnerability, we have received reports indicating that traffickers have adopted new tactics to lure unsuspecting victims, predominantly to Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Liberia, and other West African nations.”

Waziri–Azi added: “Under the guise of lucrative employment opportunities in gold mining and oil companies, victims are enticed with promises of monthly incomes as high as $900.00, which, as always, are blatant lies.”

“Victims are often instructed to bring up to N850,000 for documentation and other logistical expenses. Upon arrival at their destination, traffickers confiscate this money, along with the victims’ phones and other personal belongings.”

On the category of people targetted, she said: “The targeted demographic includes male and female victims aged between 15 and 35 years old.

“They are typically trafficked through the waterways of Ode Jetty in Lagos en route to Benin Republic and other parts of the West African region. Some victims are also trafficked via land routes.”

Prof. Waziri-Azi while calling on Nigerians to be careful, stated: “I urge you to exercise caution, ask questions, and seek a second opinion before accepting any tempting offers. Do not allow desperation to cloud your judgment.”

She expressed NAPTIP’s commitment to combating human trafficking and protecting the rights and dignity of all Nigerians.

https://thenationonlineng.net/nigerians-lured-with-fake-900-pay-jobs-in-ghana-ivory-coast-others-says-naptip/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by aieromon(m): 8:50am On Mar 26

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by sofeo(m): 9:11am On Mar 26
It will be well.

1 Like

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by Martinsmine(m): 9:27am On Mar 26
Mk who wan go make dem go... all na suffer or trafficking

3 Likes

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by ATEAMS: 3:37pm On Mar 26
Lna your kidneys sure pass

1 Like

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by bigdammyj: 3:37pm On Mar 26
$900! Daily or monthly?
Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by Angelfrost(m): 3:38pm On Mar 26
They want to make money at all cost...!

Some even send such nonsense via text and Play store... Claiming that you can earn $500 daily without stress.

That no qualification or experience is needed.

...And even educated people still fall for such nonsense.

I have said it... I will keep saying it... In this day and age of online research, if you fall for such scams or end up in slavery outside the nation, you have just your greed and stupidity to blame.

7 Likes

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by phemmie06(m): 3:38pm On Mar 26
$900 😂😆.
It is too real to be true. I remembered one day a guy gave me a leaflet that contains vacancy as.
After, I looked at the categories of people needed and the renumeration, I asked him a question that why can't you apply for the lowest paid position here instead of you standing in the sun, the guy said your mama I replied him that I photocopy his statement.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by betonnaira: 3:38pm On Mar 26
sofeo:
It will be well.
make una dey rest for this stupid it is well saying

5 Likes

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by Yamleg: 3:38pm On Mar 26
Xz
Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by calabaman(m): 3:39pm On Mar 26
What is too good to be true is usually so.

Don't be decieved.

I see such on my FB wall everyday offering to pay 100k/day for a CSS role.

Like for real....offcourse it's fake.

Shine your eyes my fellow Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by kenn4rill(m): 3:41pm On Mar 26
If not for bad leadership in this country, every youth is now looking for very opportunity to exit this shit hole of a Nation. Who for dey reason to enter these one chance people

2 Likes

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by calabaman(m): 3:41pm On Mar 26
Angelfrost:
They want to make money at all cost...!

Some even send such nonsense via text and Play store... Claiming that you can earn $500 daily without stress.

That no qualification or experience is needed.

...And even educated people still fall for such nonsense.

My brother it's appalling
Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 3:42pm On Mar 26
bigdammyj:
$900! Daily or monthly?
$900= #1,350,000
Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by calabaman(m): 3:42pm On Mar 26
betonnaira:

Abi o.

You know what - anytime I hear pray for your country.

I wonder how a child (myself) would be praying for it's grandaddy (Nigeria)
Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by jetguy(m): 3:43pm On Mar 26
Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by Chetas81(m): 3:43pm On Mar 26
INSANITY WON'T ALLOWED NIGERIA CITIZEN TO REST, IDIOT OCCUPIED NIGERIA AS CITIZEN
Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by inoki247: 3:44pm On Mar 26
Lol Dem plenty most especially girls of young age.....

I don see Wella how they troop into doz neighboring countries like say na eldorado after been deceived....

1 Like

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by Litmus: 3:45pm On Mar 26
Many such traffickers probably full Niraland. Maybe they are the ones always quick to post derogatory stuff about all things Nigeria while encouraging Jappa.

1 Like

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by dangotesmummy: 3:45pm On Mar 26
Na young girls be their major target and their poosy dey suffer shege banza from forced prostitution

2 Likes

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by phemmie06(m): 3:46pm On Mar 26
If it is real, these people (agents) would have sent their dog out for the Job instead of calling non family members

2 Likes

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by o123456789(m): 3:46pm On Mar 26
NAPTIP is very wrong on this statement, most people running out of Nigeria know what they are going into, their mind is already made up that they can't make it in Nigeria. I am reporting from Benin City Edo State, over here in Edo there are numerous jingles on radio warning about migration, but many are hell bent on Japa even with all the dangers involved. There was a recent case in Benin City Edo State where a middle aged man lodged over 10 young girls in a hotel where he was carrying out marathon sex on these girls for over two weeks. When the man and the girls were arrested, the girls confessed that they were engaging in sex with the trafficker as part of training because the man told them that they will work as prostitutes abroad. Those that are being trafficked and the traffickers are all the same ten-and-ten-pence, no victim.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by emoboy4u: 3:48pm On Mar 26
Human traffickers are luring greedy Nigerians*

1 Like

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by worksmart(m): 3:49pm On Mar 26
First Red flag should be that they are asking you to pay out of pocket for any phase of the so called "recruitment process".

2 Likes

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:50pm On Mar 26
If you love your kidney, heart and liver,
Be careful.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by Nlandmodesfku: 3:55pm On Mar 26
A friend of mine was a victim. Till now his family doesn't know his whereabouts. People shouldn't think this is a joke

3 Likes

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by kenny714433(m): 3:56pm On Mar 26
That's how they almost emptied my village. Their agent came into my village with those bogus promises. The deal was that "never tell anyone so that this update won't cast".

Trust greedy Nigerians na, they kept the deal secret. Afterall, they wants to pepper everyone on Facebook when they arrive Europe. All of a sudden, numerous mothers in my village started selling their lands, it almost became a trend.

Not too long, most of our youth started leaving the village enmass. "He travelled", that was the usual phrase.

Until one miraculously, came back home like the prodigal son, and shared his ordeal in Libya.

Other parents heard and started panicking, no wonder they haven't heard from their children after months of going yo Europe.. That was when we heard the main gist.

If not for their secrecy, at least intelligent villagers would ask some kind questions. But no, them no wan cast the update. The guy that escaped narrated a gory story of organ trafficking.

7 Likes

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by supremedermatol: 3:57pm On Mar 26
too bad
Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by peterboro: 4:13pm On Mar 26
They should go to Libya and see what our heartless Nigerian are using our young girls to do there. Many of them may stay there till death cos they have made them feel with the threat that they can not escape.

3 Likes

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by sunsweet33: 4:13pm On Mar 26
o123456789:
NAPTIP is very wrong on this statement, most people running out of Nigeria know what they are going into, their mind is already made up that they can't make it in Nigeria. I am reporting from Benin City Edo State, over here in Edo there are numerous jingles on radio warning about migration, but many are hell bent on Japa even with all the dangers involved. There was a recent case in Benin City Edo State where a middle aged man lodged over 10 young girls in a hotel where he was carrying out marathon sex on these girls for over two weeks. When the man and the girls were arrested, the girls confessed that they were engaging in sex with the trafficker as part of training because the man told them that they will work as prostitutes abroad. Those that are being trafficked and the traffickers are all the same ten-and-ten-pence, no victim.

But I think this bini saga should have been dealt with by now. I’ve been hearing this italy story since I was a small kid. Can’t they stop that rubbish? No opportunity in Benin city apart from slavery??

3 Likes

Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by Calitoscassius(m): 4:38pm On Mar 26
betonnaira:
I taya oo!! It is clearly not well... grin

The most stupid saying i have ever heard.
Re: Human Traffickers Are Luring Nigerians With Fake $900 Pay Jobs - NAPTIP by o123456789(m): 4:55pm On Mar 26
sunsweet33:

But I think this bini saga should have been dealt with by now. I’ve been hearing this italy story since I was a small kid. Can’t they stop that rubbish? No opportunity in Benin city apart from slavery??
In Benin a returnee is more respected than a school principal!!! Abroad is their culture. Some young lads just left my area, heading to the USA with plans to become Aza men (money mules) for cyber criminals.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Recruitment(aptitude Test For Dssc/ssc) / Pls I Need Info Bout Career With Ama-zuma Services Ltd Ikeja! ! ! / Federal Fire Service Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.