Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) (57145 Views)

Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) / Penis Seen Inside Food Served In Lagos Restaurant (Video) / What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by Procashtips(m): 1:31pm On Mar 28
Christlike01:

4,and you're "not a meat person"?! How many would you have eaten if you were? Even as a "meat person" that I'm,I won't eat more than 2,max,in that situation.

Only 2 and you're a meat person?

Ever mingled with Yoruba people?.
I mean the rich but not too educated ones?

2 wraps of Amala and like 8 assorted meats in their ewedu.

A real meat eater wouldn't say 6, not even 5 not to talk of just 2.
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by tivta(m): 1:39pm On Mar 28
Lol

This is actually happened to me years ago, though it wasn't in-laws but friends family, i ate 2 was about eating 3rd one when my dad smacked my hand away telling me not to be greedy, though thankfully no one was there when he did it. Ever since then i no longer eat much in public.

1 Like

Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by PrinceGallant: 1:42pm On Mar 28
My pocket will determine. If the envelope prepared for them is very fat, I will eat as many as I can. But if wetin I have for them is not too... I will eat just two
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by MsOnyi24(f): 1:56pm On Mar 28
Freshtruth:
Omo I go est just 2 pieces of meat if na night NATO pray make NEPA off light make 2 enter pocket

Since they served it to me, that means the whole bowl belongs to me therefore I will eat every single piece, will ask for cold Fanta and tooth pick.
I too like goat meat, please do not insult me as I have long throat.
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by Bahamas95(m): 1:58pm On Mar 28
I won't eat more than four because I get tired easily eating meat.

But if na fresh catfish I go forget about shame and make sure say na only few bones go remain for the plate.

I will choose fresh catfish over a juicy wet pussssy anyday/anytime.

1 Like

Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by pelumi25: 2:14pm On Mar 28
Omo! Better in-law, be that.
Make I just see palm wine take guide.

1 Like

Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by Christlike01: 2:15pm On Mar 28
Procashtips:

Only 2 and you're a meat person?

Ever mingled with Yoruba people?.
I mean the rich but not too educated ones?

2 wraps of Amala and like 8 assorted meats in their ewedu.

A real meat eater wouldn't say 6, not even 5 not to talk of just 2.

I'm a Yoruba man. A real Yoruba man,an Omoluabi,would not go to his in-law's house and be eating greedily - "waduwadu" as my mum would say! Come on,man,how on earth would you eat 5,6....8 pieces of meats in the presence of your in-laws,in their home, on your first visit?! Even if you're a regular visitor to their house,as a Yoruba man, you're expected to demonstrate certain admirable virtues -be cautious,disciplined and mindful of your actions while in your in-laws's home.

Haba! I can instruct my wife to serve me 10 pieces of meat or more alongside my favorite "Amala and Abula" when I get home,you know! The emphasis is on YOUR IN-LAWS HOUSE
! You can't afford to behave like a typical "Alailojuti" - a shameless person in your in-law's house just because you're a "meat person" or something!

You can kill a whole cow and eat it as you like within the confines of your home,but you don't eat "waduwadu" in the presence of your in-laws! E no pure nah!

Ire o!

1 Like

Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by Procashtips(m): 2:36pm On Mar 28
Christlike01:

I'm a Yoruba man. A real Yoruba man,an Omoluabi,would not go to his in-law's house and be eating greedily - "waduwadu" as my mum would say! Come on,man,how on earth would you eat 5,6....8 pieces of meats in the presence of your in-laws,in their home, on your first visit?! Even if you're a regular visitor to their house,as a Yoruba man, you're expected to demonstrate certain admirable virtues -be cautious,disciplined and mindful of your actions while in your in-laws's home.

Haba! I can instruct my wife to serve me 10 pieces of meat or more alongside my favorite "Amala and Abula" when I get home,you know! The emphasis is on YOUR IN-LAWS HOUSE
! You can't afford to behave like a typical "Alailojuti" - a shameless person in your in-law's house just because you're a "meat person" or something!

You can kill a whole cow and eat it as you like within the confines of your home,but you don't eat "waduwadu" in the presence of your in-laws! E no pure nah!

Ire o!

Read my post again.

BTW, if they are you in laws and you both are cool. Eating without fear of being shamed won't be an issue.

Only a Yoruba inlaw would bring this kind of meat to their inlaws to eat.

The fact that they brought a plate full of meat to this to you means they're also meat lovers and aren't "complaining".

For a typical meat lover, half of the plate would be emptied while gisting away.

But since I no Sabi eat meat. 4 max in like 3-4hrs visit.
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by iamjavadem(m): 2:51pm On Mar 28
My in-laws will add a bottle of big stout to boot.
samwash:
As a married man that I am, my in-law serve me this meat Omo!!! I go finish everything & creak the bone join ham, come wash ham down with beer.
Nor be the same in-law still dey come my house come chop.
Abeg nor be Boyfriend and girlfriend level I dey ooo!!!
Me and my in-laws get very cordial relationship.
The food when I don take honour my in-law don pass this one na.
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by YorubaKing: 3:00pm On Mar 28
If I get $$$ pass dem, I fit chop everything finish at least dem no go talk say I no fit afford am. grin

At least dem be my in-laws na NOT in-laws to be. cool
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by imagrg(m): 3:02pm On Mar 28
If it's from a notorious location, I will ask first, "What kind of meat is this, please?" before eating.
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by Kenji7586(m): 3:06pm On Mar 28
We wey be Vegetarian we no too dey like fried meat....assuming na boiled,cooked,roasted or grill one now
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by GodHimself: 3:21pm On Mar 28
Just eat 2.

Freshtruth:
Omo I go est just 2 pieces of meat if na night NATO pray make NEPA off light make 2 enter pocket
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by Christlike01: 3:33pm On Mar 28
Procashtips:

Read my post again.

BTW, if they are you in laws and you both are cool. Eating without fear of being shamed won't be an issue.

Only a Yoruba inlaw would bring this kind of meat to their inlaws to eat.

The fact that they brought a plate full of meat to this to you means they're also meat lovers and aren't "complaining".

For a typical meat lover, half of the plate would be emptied while gisting away.

But since I no Sabi eat meat. 4 max in like 3-4hrs visit.

Lol! "Half of the plate would be emptied while gisting away" on your FIRST VISIT,right? E gbami ke,wetin you dey yarn self! Anyway,I'm telling you again;no Yoruba "Omoluabi"man would do such in his in-law's home,especially on a first visit! I don't expect you to understand that 'cause you're not a Yoruba,apparently.
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by Bimpe29: 3:40pm On Mar 28
It is a free world! Just follow your instincts and be a responsible guest.
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by Procashtips(m): 3:40pm On Mar 28
Christlike01:

Lol! "Half of the plate would be emptied while gisting away" on your FIRST VISIT,right? E gbami ke,wetin you dey yarn self! Anyway,I'm telling you again;no Yoruba "Omoluabi"man would do such in his in-law's home,especially on a first visit! I don't expect you to understand that 'cause you're not a Yoruba,apparently.

Ok make I no talk too much

But 4 no too much.

Depends on how long the visit last.
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by Christlike01: 3:46pm On Mar 28
Procashtips:

Ok make I no talk too much

But 4 no too much.

Depends on how long the visit last.

On your first visit,4 is too much for an Omoluabi even if the visit lasts 10 hours! As a meat lover that you're,your wife must have filled your freezer with all sorts of your favorite meats at home nah. So why would you want to present yourself as someone who hasn't eaten meat in a long time in the presence of your In laws ?!

1 Like

Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by jessylaurel(f): 3:47pm On Mar 28
Freshtruth:

Till I bellefull
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by tarboshi(m): 3:50pm On Mar 28
How many you go chop or how many you go remain?
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by Morenikeji090(m): 3:58pm On Mar 28
At least to honor their love and respect I will only eat three pieces out of that meat coz normally in my house I’m okay with two pies….
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by charlizonto: 4:03pm On Mar 28
I go rush am oo...At least my woman go don yarn Dem say I like to chop meat grin
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by 77up(m): 4:09pm On Mar 28
Set up if you ask me, I will compose myself and eat like 2. My babe can do well by packing some more while I'm leaving cheesy
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by Procashtips(m): 4:14pm On Mar 28
Christlike01:

On your first visit,4 is too much for an Omoluabi even if the visit lasts 10 hours! As a meat lover that you're,your wife must have filled your freezer with all sorts of your favorite meats at home nah. So why would you want to present yourself as someone who hasn't eaten meat in a long time in the presence of your In law?!

I'm not a meat lover.

Meat lovers would have consumed half of the tray
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by GABRIEL6036: 4:27pm On Mar 28
If na pork, am out but osinwin ni awon inlaws yen if na real meat πŸ– πŸ˜…. I no dey see meat. I love πŸ’˜ meat especially fried dried one πŸ˜‹
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by Lamasta(m): 4:38pm On Mar 28
I will eat to satisfaction and drop money to their satisfaction too, case close everyone happy
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by 99thEnemy(m): 4:46pm On Mar 28
Freshtruth:
wow no single shame again
Why una the carry this inlaw matter for head?

No be human beings?
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by Christlike01: 4:49pm On Mar 28
Procashtips:

I'm not a meat lover.

Meat lovers would have consumed half of the tray

Yes,shameless "meat lovers",who have no decorum,would even consume everything in the plate!

Lol! You're not a meat lover,yet you would eat 4 pieces! Isn't that wonderful ?! That means you would have eaten everything in the plate if you were a meat lover,right ?!

Alaye,I'm done with this witless back and forth, it's boring.
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by Procashtips(m): 4:55pm On Mar 28
Christlike01:

Yes,shameless "meat lovers",who have no decorum,would even consume everything in the plate!

Lol! You're not a meat lover,yet you would eat 4 pieces.Isn't that wonderful ?! That means you would have eaten everything in the plate if you were a meat lover,right ?!

Alaye,I'm done with this witless back and forth, it's boring.

Oh you were quoting me with the hopes that it would lead to an online fight or how?.

I was just catching fun with you.

Sorry that I disappointed you grin
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by DigitB: 4:57pm On Mar 28
Eat it the same way you eat their daughter grin
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by otunbateejay(m): 5:20pm On Mar 28
quote author=Freshtruth post=129141284] Omo I go est just 2 pieces of meat if na night NATO pray make NEPA off light make 2 enter pocket[/quote]first of all ha go ask my inlaw how it cost before start eating then pay even if I can't finish it I will carry it go home
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by Ezeifeduba: 5:20pm On Mar 28
Do you give goat yam to keep? No

Does it mean that the goat is a glutton? No

Thank you for understanding πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) by YoungLionken(m): 5:52pm On Mar 28
Procashtips:
4 at most with a pack of toothpick.

Not a meat person

Only you eat four still get mind say you nor be meat person cheesy! You go calm down o grin...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Escapes Being Crushed By An Angry Cow During Sallah / Man Finds Dead Rat In Grilled Full Chicken He Purchased...(pics) / What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.