Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,369 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down (32035 Views)

Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? / Igbos At Balogun Market In Lagos Have Decided To Come Down To The East / FYNESTDEALS: AMAZON ITEM Orders Made Easy: Place your order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Samtino(m): 12:07pm On Apr 01
[quote author=Vinnie2000 post=129193052]Yesterday evening, My Neighbour bought a Small bread for N1700 and was so sad. embarassed sad

I thought Reno Omokri says we should Hail Tinubu for bringing down the prices of Good, which Suffered effects of Inflation.🤨🤨

The Only Item I know with Reduced price is Indomie HungryMan size.
From N1000 to N900.😒

Please, Which do you know?😕

is this bread of life
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ufotunang: 12:08pm On Apr 01
excanny:

It won't.

Inflation is something different. It's a different problem on it own not related to fuel prices.
.. since Tinubu removed fuel subsidy last year 2023..the prices of foodstuffs and goods started to increase ..,due to the high costs of fuel and disel,..so the high costs of transporting this foodstuffs and goods to the market is the cause of the high costs of foodstuffs and goods in the market, shops in Nigeria..also due to lack of constant electricity light power supply in Nigeria..this industries companies in Nigeria manufacturing goods , foodstuffs used disel at a cost of 1400 naira per litre to run their industries with generator with the high costs of disel and fuel..so this increase the costs of production, producing the goods and also high costs of transporting the goods to the market causes the high costs of goods, foodstuffs in the market, shops in Nigeria
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Truths9ja: 12:27pm On Apr 01
Prices of foodstuffs still high oooo
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by excanny: 12:35pm On Apr 01
ufotunang:
..then what is causing the inflation... what is causing the high costs of food stuffs and goods?

Depletion in foreign reserves and investments.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by excanny: 12:36pm On Apr 01
ufotunang:
.. since Tinubu removed fuel subsidy last year 2023..the prices of foodstuffs and goods started to increase ..,due to the high costs of fuel and disel,..so the high costs of transporting this foodstuffs and goods to the market is the cause of the high costs of foodstuffs and goods in the market, shops in Nigeria..also due to lack of constant electricity light power supply in Nigeria..this industries companies in Nigeria manufacturing goods , foodstuffs used disel at a cost of 1400 naira per litre to run their industries with generator with the high costs of disel and fuel..so this increase the costs of production, producing the goods and also high costs of transporting the goods to the market causes the high costs of goods, foodstuffs in the market, shops in Nigeria

Buhari didn't increase fuel prices and there was high inflation.

If you like reduce fuel prices to 200 naira, prices of goods will still be rising on a steady.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Undisputed147: 12:59pm On Apr 01
Wainey:
Price of food isn't just going to drop and this is not about Tinubu.
Naira started dropping like a month ago.

Sellers aggressively stocked up their warehouses when Naira climb to N1700-1800 thinking it will climb further, so wait for sometime, some of these people already have 3months worth of items stocked up and they will always sell at the price they bought
you said it all my friend
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ponishah: 1:48pm On Apr 01
Wainey:
The way u people insult, I wonder how stupid you can be.
I am sorry but I am not referring to ur poverty street. In my street, Aboki get supermarket, when I say wait for 3months, i am saying Aboki man and the warehouses which he bought from has enough for 3months
I thought you were a goat, I didn't know you are a sheep.
Stop pretending as if you know what you are saying,
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ufuosman(m): 2:23pm On Apr 01
nairavsdollars:
Food Libido has come down..men's appetite for s*x has gone down
😂😂
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by MrSly(m): 3:03pm On Apr 01
Blakjewelry:

So it is dollar that affect the price of garri and pepper abi. And yes I do trade with dollar and some of the prices are unjustified. I know of someone who brings UK used laptop Canada, he sells at 149k when the laptop arrives Lagos but I see people buys from him sells in the same Lagos for 250k for the same laptop. All of you supporting the unnecessary hike is part of the problem. And before you rush to blame fuel, the price has remained stable for a while now but price of things keep going up, I am not saying some price of things shouldn't go up, but it should reflect the reality. Imagine going to buy what is produced locally and you will hear dollar, Nigeria is the only country were the laws of economic Doesn’t work
Those who process garri use diesel and fuel. They buy other thing from the market. So if dollar increases and prices of other commodities increase they will adjust their own price to enable them Carter for their own needs. It is simple logic.
Those who buy laptops to sell at exubitant price also buy other things. If you get to talk about the moral behind it then you need to start from the origin, Corruption in government.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ufotunang: 3:24pm On Apr 01
excanny:

Depletion in foreign reserves and investments.
.that is wrong... that is not the cause
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ufotunang: 3:44pm On Apr 01
excanny:

Buhari didn't increase fuel prices and there was high inflation.

If you like reduce fuel prices to 200 naira, prices of goods will still be rising on a steady.
..no if price of fuel is even 300 naira per liter the price of foodstuffs will reduce...that is why past president during this democratic era were afraid of removing fuel subsidy..they were still subsidizing fuel ....because they knew that the costs of food stuffs, goods will be very expensive and they will be high inflation...you can see that when Tinubu removed fuel subsidy from then prices of foodstuffs, goods, services started to increase uncontrollable... iunder Tinubu government Nigeria is suffering galloping inflation

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by stickle(m): 3:55pm On Apr 01
Blakjewelry:

Nope it's not about dollar rather it is just the Nigerian factor. When I was telling people the hike in price has nothing to do with dollar some fools were arguing silly like they understood what is at play, oya dollar dey trade about 1200 something oya make price come down na.

All of them were lying that it was because of dollars, even mango seller.
Let's wait and see but things will never be same again
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by stickle(m): 5:35pm On Apr 01
SUPERPACK:
But same warehouses hiked food prices they bought when dollar was 1200 when dollar hit 1800, and blamed the dollar for the increase.
You have said the truth and nothing but the truth.
While one may not argue against the fact that someone import
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by excanny: 6:34pm On Apr 01
ufotunang:
..no if price of fuel is even 300 naira per liter the price of foodstuffs will reduce...that is why past president during this democratic era were afraid of removing fuel subsidy..they were still subsidizing fuel ....because they knew that the costs of food stuffs, goods will be very expensive and they will be high inflation...you can see that when Tinubu removed fuel subsidy from then prices of foodstuffs, goods, services started to increase uncontrollable... iunder Tinubu government Nigeria is suffering galloping inflation

Be deceiving yourself. As if prices were not rising during Buhari before subsidy removal.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Vulcan24(m): 6:53pm On Apr 01
Locally sourced / produced goods and items esp foodstuff hiked cos of price of fuel which advertently affects transporting goods and the ever menace of Insecurity and geopolitical war!

Together with the resultant effect of rising dollar, it has ripple effect on home made good while the primary effect of the fx was on imported and ostentatious goods!

This quagmire is as a result of poor economic planning and misdirection from Buhari regime!

It's the bitter seed the man bites that left the bitter taste in our mouth, Buhari was a prehistoric disaster we could have avoided. Al efforts by Tinubu is to remade what was broken not build another economy!

He has to first stabilise before we can envisage improvement.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Omoobong1(m): 9:11pm On Apr 01
Nigerian Business owners are the problem of Nigeria.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ufotunang: 9:41pm On Apr 01
excanny:

Be deceiving yourself. As if prices were not rising during Buhari before subsidy removal.
. during Buhari time even when price of food stuffs and goods rised ..the prices of food stuffs and goods rised once in every 6 months during Buhari time...but in Tinubu time now the prices of food stuffs and goods rised and increase every week...every week they must always be an increase in foodstuffs and goods in this Tinubu time due to the removal of fuel subsidy causing all this things
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by luizpippo(m): 11:14am On Apr 02
Blakjewelry:

If bread price goes up at least it not a must to eat bread. Wheat is imported and any changes in the balance can cause a change but at least the poor can have access to garri and fufu. When you tell me dollar affect fufu and garri, I no go gree.

Have you bought garri lately?

The garri i used to buy for #400 a small basin in 2015 became 6k by the time PMB left and now you cant get it for less than 12k. ( ask for Ogbe or Enwan garri, in Edo state)

#200 naira fufu is as small as cherry(agbalumo)

Finally, EFCC should carry you for this.

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Blakjewelry(m): 1:37pm On Apr 02
luizpippo:

Have you bought garri lately?

The garri i used to buy for #400 a small basin in 2015 became 6k by the time PMB left and now you cant get it for less than 12k. ( ask for Ogbe or Enwan garri, in Edo state)

#200 naira fufu is as small as cherry(agbalumo)

Finally, EFCC should carry you for this.
Maybe you are not getting the point except you are the type that says it OK for the price of garri to go up because of dollar.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Kevineleven(m): 2:30am On Apr 03
maasoap:

No, you're wrong. The fuel that's mainly responsible for the high price of food items is diesel. Manufacturing companies and haulage vehicles use diesel. This has already caused increase in the prices of goods long time ago, under Obj when diesel subsidy was removed.
Restrictions of food importation by Buhari caused further increase in prices of food.
Then, the total removal of petrol subsidy by Tinubu also caused a slight increase in the prices of food but not much because petrol plays little roles in manufacturing and transportation of food.
The real culprit is naira depreciation because Nigeria is an import dependent nation. And reason why the price is still high is our greediness. But with time, I'm sure that we will beginning to see the decrease as long as naira is not allowed to depreciate again.
You are forgetting that the food stuffs is distributed through transportation to various location and the transporters charge more because of the fuel price increment.
The sellers have no option but to increase the price of their commodity to make reasonable profit.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Makunahatata: 3:24pm On Apr 03
MrSly:

Your whole ancestors are clowns, beginning from the very first ancestor.
chai
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by HRHQueenPhil(f): 1:26pm On Apr 23
Today market Price
Call or whatsapp 08112658211
sundryagro.com
Groundnut oil- 62,000
Palmoil-------67,000
Crayfish=== 80,000
*White Maize=50,000
*Yellow Maize=61,000
*New Maize =45,000
*Local Rice=68,000(50kg)
*Popcorn=53,000
*Maize Flour=80,000
*White Rice=70,000
*Iron Brown beans=75,000
*Iron Beans=76,000
*Drum Beans=78,000
*Potasco=76,000
*Oloka=90,000
*Soya Beans=71,000
*Akara Beans=72,000
*Kidney beans=₦6,000
*Red Beans=6*000
*Wheat =45,000
*Oloyin old=59,000
*Oloyin New=65,000
*Sorgum=43,000
*Red Sorgum=50,000
*Yellow Sorghum"Kaura"=54,000
*Millet=45,000
*Finger Millet (Tamba)=70,000
*Acha"Fonio" =69,000
*Sesame=80,000
*Tiger Nut'small seed'= 50,000
*Tigernut Big Seeds=69,000
*Date=83,000
*Zobo =55,000
*Bambara Nut= 89,000
*Groundnut=98,000(34 painter)
*Onion =51,000
*Dried Split Ginger=40,000
*Fresh Ginger=43,000
*Garlic =16,000
*Dry Peas=15000
*Egusi=189,000(34 Painter)
egg crate---3000 naira
big egg crate-----3900
YAM BIG TUBER EACH 2500

All Grains are bagged 100kg
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest / Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction / Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.