Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down (32032 Views)

Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? / Igbos At Balogun Market In Lagos Have Decided To Come Down To The East / FYNESTDEALS: AMAZON ITEM Orders Made Easy: Place your order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Blakjewelry(m): 6:45am On Apr 01
philiancoop:

Why Nigeria factor not play when dollar and petrol was low?

Answer this one without insult.
It played out when garri price jumped from 800 to 2500 during the convid-19 era. It played out when bike men in about 2 different location I have live were force by union to charge minimum of certain amount per drop. It played when the people dredging and selling sand in my area decided to increase price without change in diesel price. From 18k to 25k enforced by union. Beside when the dollar experience a deep during Jonathan's government, it only affected imported items and not local product.

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Blakjewelry(m): 6:49am On Apr 01
DeepSight:

To say that you are a simpleton would be an understatement.
Your moniker should be more like deepsh*t because I doubt if your neural networks are linked correctly.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Blakjewelry(m): 6:50am On Apr 01
SmartMen:

Do you run a business? Tell the entire forum the truth.
Nope I don't na you dey give me money every morning boss. So because dollar
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Blakjewelry(m): 6:53am On Apr 01
SmartMen:

Do you run a business? Tell the entire forum the truth.
Nope I don't na you dey give me money every morning boss. So because dollar price increase locally produce should increase, I bet it's people like you that study advance economic that are running the government.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Vinnie2000(m): 6:53am On Apr 01
ufotunang:
The naira appreciating against the dollars alone cannot reduce the prices of foodstuffs...if the price of fuel, disel is also reduced it will reduce the prices of foodstuffs,goods ..it's the high costs of transporting this foodstuffs to the market that contributes to the high costs of the foodstuffs, goods....since the removal of fuel subsidy prices of foodstuffs started to increase

Very Simple.πŸ˜’

It caused the Economic Troubles in this Country.πŸ˜”

When Bakery, Satchet water, Medical Companies, etc Uses Diesel with an Inflated Price due to Tinibu's Fuel Subsidy Removal, to Manufacture products,
they Naturally increase their Price.πŸ˜•

Transporters increased their Fare as they were now Buying fuel N600 per Litre,
Wholesalers using transportation to get Products increased their prices to Retailers and Retailers increased to Consumers.😌

So Really, Tinibu is the CAUSE of the Economic Problems/Hardship Nigerians have seen in the Past 9months! πŸ˜πŸ™

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Blakjewelry(m): 6:56am On Apr 01
Mandate1:
when you start selling goods or manufacturing you'll say better. For now, this is just your opinion which I think might not be true.
Because you produce roadside liquid soap na you are a producer. My business involve dollar so yes some things should be affected and not all locally produce products.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Osanoghodua1: 6:58am On Apr 01
Let Tinubu use Soldiers and DSS to burst traders like they are doing to BDC. TRADERS are the enemies of this nation, they must be dealt with.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Blakjewelry(m): 7:03am On Apr 01
omoredia:

U are a total slowpoke. Then why not leave the dollar at the price it was and see if prices would magically increase? Ur brain is missing
Mumu I know say brainless folks always rush to comment. Everybody knows even under gej the dollar price doesn't actually reflect the true state of the economy rather the naira is been defended by the fg to keep it that price and it is the reserve that is use to defend it. Abeg I don't have time to go to lengthy talk, I never voted for tinubu but I always bear my mind in a balance way. Everybody is feeling the heat, but don't expect the naira to hit anything less than 600 to 700 which is true price because right now I believe the naira is overpriced.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by luizpippo(m): 7:05am On Apr 01
Blakjewelry:

Nope it's not about dollar rather it is just the Nigerian factor. When I was telling people the hike in price has nothing to do with dollar some fools were arguing silly like they understood what is at play, oya dollar dey trade about 1200 something oya make price come down na.

The bakery producing the bread is still buying diesel at 1600 or 1700, sugar at exorbitant price.

Afi Nigerian factor.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by luizpippo(m): 7:13am On Apr 01
Blakjewelry:

Mumu I know say brainless folks always rush to comment. Everybody knows even under gej the dollar price doesn't actually reflect the true state of the economy rather the naira is been defended by the fg to keep it that price and it is the reserve that is use to defend it. Abeg I don't have time to go to lengthy talk, I never voted for tinubu but I always bear my mind in a balance way. Everybody is feeling the heat, but don't expect the naira to hit anything less than 600 to 700 which is true price because right now I believe the naira is overpriced.

Are you not entertained? 🀣🀣🀣🀣

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Blakjewelry(m): 7:25am On Apr 01
Wainey:
Oga e be like u no understand what I am saying.
Those that are importing have already bought things when dollar was N1800, just because dollar dropped doesn't mean they will also drop their price. Wait for few more weeks to 2months when they will buy again at low price.

The Aboki man in ur street stocked up his shop, the warehouse where he is buying his goods also stocked up their warehouse, the Aboki will empty his shop, then still buy from the warehouse, those people will empty their warehouses again before they start importing again at 1200
I will like to come back and quote you in two months.

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Timmi: 7:27am On Apr 01
Obaofpigs:
Parachoko stop crying foolishly grin

Simple English you don't understand and can't comprehend.
The Op asked to name an item that has witnessed price reduction and instead of naming one, you are behaving like a pig with nose to the ground and lack intellectual capability to think. Well, I forget that you are the kingofpigs.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:30am On Apr 01
Riskymarvelous:
Because I'm an APC supporter Dey sold 2 packet of spaghetti for me yesterday for ₦450 let's go and verify

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Blakjewelry(m): 7:33am On Apr 01
luizpippo:

Are you not entertained? 🀣🀣🀣🀣
It's those who fall for those politicians, they know the truth but will rather sell what the people wants to hear. I don't fall for their trick 2012 I was here arguing for the need to remove subsidy and no be small insult we receive
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Blakjewelry(m): 7:37am On Apr 01
luizpippo:

The bakery producing the bread is still buying diesel at 1600 or 1700, sugar at exorbitant price.

Afi Nigerian factor.
If bread price goes up at least it not a must to eat bread. Wheat is imported and any changes in the balance can cause a change but at least the poor can have access to garri and fufu. When you tell me dollar affect fufu and garri, I no go gree.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Ubanz: 8:06am On Apr 01
Vinnie2000:
Yesterday evening, My Neighbour bought a Small bread for N1700 and was so sad. embarassed sad

I thought Reno Omokri says we should Hail Tinubu for bringing down the prices of Good, which Suffered effects of Inflation.🀨🀨

The Only Item I know with Reduced price is Indomie HungryMan size.
From N1000 to N900.πŸ˜’

Please, Which do you know?πŸ˜•

Reno is yapping his mouth from afar,let him come to Nigeria and see what life will make of him. Stowaway!!

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Lionize: 8:16am On Apr 01
Blakjewelry:

Well if I act silly you have every right to say so. BTW when did someone arguing silly becomes an insult, if I want to insult, I know of better to use.

So you mean the words below are polite?

"When I was telling people the hike in price has nothing to do with dollar some fools were arguing silly..."
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by omoredia: 8:29am On Apr 01
Blakjewelry:

That's why I call u a fool cos ur belief is based on lies.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by excanny: 8:32am On Apr 01
ufotunang:
..if the price of fuel, disel reduces the price of food stuffs goods will reduce and come down

It won't.

Inflation is something different. It's a different problem on it own not related to fuel prices.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Blakjewelry(m): 8:44am On Apr 01
omoredia:

That's why I call u a fool cos ur belief is based on lies.
Mumu so you know pass all the experts. There is no difference between and buhari, you think denying the obvious will change facts. Buhari said there is nothing like subsidy until he reach office. I look at data and not assumptions
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Silentgroper(m): 8:48am On Apr 01
Wainey:
Price of food isn't just going to drop and this is not about Tinubu.
Naira started dropping like a month ago.

Sellers aggressively stocked up their warehouses when Naira climb to N1700-1800 thinking it will climb further, so wait for sometime, some of these people already have 3months worth of items stocked up and they will always sell at the price they bought
if someone else where buys at the current price and sells for lower prices .. Then it's their loss ...

Nigerians why sabi boycott pesin even if they've been your customer for ages.. na who price cheap dem go buy from...

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Mandate1: 9:15am On Apr 01
Blakjewelry:

Because you produce roadside liquid soap na you are a producer. My business involve dollar so yes some things should be affected and not all locally produce products.
so tell me what is locally produced that should not be affected?

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Silentgroper(m): 9:19am On Apr 01
Blakjewelry:

the roadside liquid soap are made with things that aren't locally made in Nigeria sir..

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Metrofox(m): 9:42am On Apr 01
Wainey:

Sellers aggressively stocked up their warehouses when Naira climb to N1700-1800 thinking it will climb further, so wait for sometime, some of these people already have 3months worth of items stocked up and they will always sell at the price they bought

I hope you retain this energy when the dollar goes high and they immediately jack up the prices before selling off old stock.

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by omoredia: 9:46am On Apr 01
Blakjewelry:

Mumu so you know pass all the experts. There is no difference between and buhari, you think denying the obvious will change facts. Buhari said there is nothing like subsidy until he reach office. I look at data and not assumptions

U are an illiterate. Big time
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Blakjewelry(m): 9:51am On Apr 01
omoredia:

U are an illiterate. Big time
Yeah one that is smarter than you so what does that make you? Pick the word yourself grin
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by one4GOD(f): 10:30am On Apr 01
Wainey:

excuses, excuses, excuses, till another eight years, dey play... undecided undecided
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Kingzmate(m): 11:06am On Apr 01
THE PRICE OF WEED grin

FROM 2 TIRE HUNDRED TO 3 TIRE cheesy

IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW wink
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by dododawa1: 11:08am On Apr 01
OBIDENTs

Insulting

Has reduced
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ufotunang: 11:49am On Apr 01
Vinnie2000:

Very Simple.πŸ˜’

It caused the Economic Troubles in this Country.πŸ˜”

When Bakery, Satchet water, Medical Companies, etc Uses Diesel with an Inflated Price due to Tinibu's Fuel Subsidy Removal, to Manufacture products,
they Naturally increase their Price.πŸ˜•

Transporters increased their Fare as they were now Buying fuel N600 per Litre,
Wholesalers using transportation to get Products increased their prices to Retailers and Retailers increased to Consumers.😌

So Really, Tinibu is the CAUSE of the Economic Problems/Hardship Nigerians have seen in the Past 9months! πŸ˜πŸ™
..yes you are saying the truth

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by fobiflex(m): 11:49am On Apr 01
Paraman:
I'm not Mr parachoko, am paraman.

Which kin bread she buy for 1700, tell nairalanders.
Bros it’s queens meal family king’s size
Do you still need the picture for more proof?
It’s even 1800 and not 1700
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ufotunang: 11:50am On Apr 01
excanny:

It won't.

Inflation is something different. It's a different problem on it own not related to fuel prices.
..then what is causing the inflation... what is causing the high costs of food stuffs and goods?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest / Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction / Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53