Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down (32058 Views)

Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? / Igbos At Balogun Market In Lagos Have Decided To Come Down To The East / FYNESTDEALS: AMAZON ITEM Orders Made Easy: Place your order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Sportsolutions2(m): 1:57am On Apr 01
Wainey:
Price of food isn't just going to drop and this is not about Tinubu.
Naira started dropping like a month ago.

Sellers aggressively stocked up their warehouses when Naira climb to N1700-1800 thinking it will climb further, so wait for sometime, some of these people already have 3months worth of items stocked up and they will always sell at the price they bought

Somewhat True.

However; many already stocked their shops and they just kept increasing the prices of goods.

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by hardeiluxie: 2:31am On Apr 01
When will i quit sighing?

Perhaps, the only means to end these deliberate swindling is by joining forces to call them out. This will definitely make these greedy selfish wicked extorjionist known as traders to do a u-turn.

It's quite incredible to utter that some unfeeling brutes still haven't desisted from increasing the price goods despite the appreciation of the naira!

And some people keep reiterating on the previously stocked up goods before the rise of naira, really??

But their adrenaline was charged and hyperactive to swiftly distort the price when naira stumbled regardless the fact that they haven't restocked??

There can never be changes if self-centeredness remains the king in the castle of our hearts...
Well well well...

3 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by VIKTO83(m): 2:38am On Apr 01
Wainey:
That is how most humans behave, profit maximization is one thing they always do.

Now most warehouses still have old stock, the ones that bought at 1200 will sell at 1800 with the others. It's an advantage for them.

Also some of these people are in Union like that of motorcycle and kekenapep, that will determine the price of goods, until the union decides to sell at a reasonable price, every dealer will follow the old price irrespective of how much they bought it

The reason they hike peice as soon as prices go up is simply because if they must remain afloat in business they will have to sell at d current price in the market.
Assuming now u have a carton of indomie in d shop already at d cost of 1000, and by this morning the price of indomie at d warehouse has increased feom 900 to 1200, u will need to sell at 1250 to 1300 so that u will be able to restock and remain in business even though at little or no sure gain.
So if u sell because u have old stock and u sell at the price of 1050, u can see that u will need to borrow money to remain in business.
I use to at one time argue about this until my pharmacist explained to me and I quite understood with him.

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by BABYLUVLY(f): 2:38am On Apr 01
Paraman:
I'm not Mr parachoko, am paraman.

Which kin bread she buy for 1700, tell nairalanders.
The one for 1400 in my area is 2000. Chico bread to be precise.

2 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Dshocker(m): 3:14am On Apr 01
nairavsdollars:
Food Libido has come down..men's appetite for s*x has gone down

And girls insatiable quest for money has gone up πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ThatFairGuy1: 4:32am On Apr 01
You're wrong.

The last change in price of fuel was 2023.

Has there no change in price of commodity since then even when fuel price has been static?

Kevineleven:
They will not come down, let me explain
We are facing a 2 headed hydra,
One is the rising of fuel prices due to the removal of fuel subsidy and the other is Naira depreciation or increase of dollar exchange rate.
The increase of fuel prices is responsible for the rising cost of food items , and dollar to naira exchange rate only affects imported goods.
So the cost of food items will not reduce unless the fuel prices reduces.

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Honestey: 4:33am On Apr 01
Jamb question without answer in the options
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Lovenorth: 4:42am On Apr 01
Blakjewelry:

Nope it's not about dollar rather it is just the Nigerian factor. When I was telling people the hike in price has nothing to do with dollar some fools were arguing silly like they understood what is at play, oya dollar dey trade about 1200 something oya make price come down na.
I am waiting for dollar to be where Tinubu met it

3 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by bluefilm: 4:50am On Apr 01
Vinnie2000:
Yesterday evening, My Neighbour bought a Small bread for N1700 and was so sad. embarassed sad

I thought Reno Omokri says we should Hail Tinubu for bringing down the prices of Good, which Suffered effects of Inflation.🀨🀨

The Only Item I know with Reduced price is Indomie HungryMan size.
From N1000 to N900.πŸ˜’

Please, Which do you know?πŸ˜•

Did I hear you say Reno O'mockery?

What a joke!

2 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Prigidypogodo(f): 5:01am On Apr 01
ThatFairGuy1:
You're wrong.

The last change in price of fuel was 2023.

Has there no change in price of commodity since then even when fuel price has been static?

my love
do you still care about me 😭😭
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ufotunang: 5:11am On Apr 01
Wainey:

Sellers aggressively stocked up their warehouses when Naira climb to N1700-1800 thinking it will climb further, so wait for sometime, some of these people already have 3months worth of items stocked up and they will always sell at the price they bought
... price of food stuffs will reduce and come down if the price of fuel, disel is reduced.......... the high costs of transporting this foodstuffs to the market contributes to the high costs of food stuffs...the removal of fuel subsidy caused all this increase in foodstuffs...the naira appreciating alone against the dollars without reductions of price of fuel disel cannot drastically reduce the price of food stuffs

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ufotunang: 5:16am On Apr 01
The naira appreciating against the dollars alone cannot reduce the prices of foodstuffs...if the price of fuel, disel is also reduced it will reduce the prices of foodstuffs,goods ..it's the high costs of transporting this foodstuffs to the market that contributes to the high costs of the foodstuffs, goods....since the removal of fuel subsidy prices of foodstuffs started to increase

2 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ufotunang: 5:21am On Apr 01
Blakjewelry:

Nope it's not about dollar rather it is just the Nigerian factor. When I was telling people the hike in price has nothing to do with dollar some fools were arguing silly like they understood what is at play, oya dollar dey trade about 1200 something oya make price come down na.
..if the price of fuel, disel.is reduced the price of foodstuffs goods will reduce and come down...since Tinubu removed fuel subsidy that is when prices of foodstuffs gradually started to increase

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:22am On Apr 01
Paraman:
I'm not Mr parachoko, am paraman.

Which kin bread she buy for 1700, tell nairalanders.
u go explain explain taya ... no evidence!

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ufotunang: 5:24am On Apr 01
Pgirigory:
So is it the making of the government or the greedy people
..it's the high costs of fuel, disel that made the price of foodstuffs goods to be expensive... since Tinubu removed fuel subsidy the price of foodstuffs goods started to increase..the solution is for the price of fuel, disel is be reduced

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ufotunang: 5:27am On Apr 01
Kevineleven:
One is the rising of fuel prices due to the removal of fuel subsidy and the other is Naira depreciation or increase of dollar exchange rate.
The increase of fuel prices is responsible for the rising cost of food items , and dollar to naira exchange rate only affects imported goods.

That is what I have been explaining to them..
You are saying the truth

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ufotunang: 5:29am On Apr 01
excanny:
They are increasing despite dollar coming down
..if the price of fuel, disel reduces the price of food stuffs goods will reduce and come down

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by ponishah: 5:33am On Apr 01
Wainey:
Oga e be like u no understand what I am saying.
Those that are importing have already bought things when dollar was N1800, just because dollar dropped doesn't mean they will also drop their price. Wait for few more weeks to 2months when they will buy again at low price.

The Aboki man in ur street stocked up his shop, the warehouse where he is buying his goods also stocked up their warehouse, the Aboki will empty his shop, then still buy from the warehouse, those people will empty their warehouses again before they start importing again at 1200
So, aboki in your street and other retailers in Nigeria have the capital to stock up their stores with goods that can last for 3 months?
Many illiterates posing as educated on nairaland, you are definitely one of them.
I don't know what you think you ate defending, stop fooling yourself.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Sunny4567: 5:56am On Apr 01
But when prices goes up even when they stock at a cheaper price they automatically increase it.

Sellers aggressively stocked up their warehouses when Naira climb to N1700-1800 thinking it will climb further, so wait for sometime, some of these people already have 3months worth of items stocked up and they will always sell at the price they bought[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Riskymarvelous(m): 5:57am On Apr 01
Because I'm an APC supporter Dey sold 2 packet of spaghetti for me yesterday for ₦450 let's go and verify

3 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by lexy2014: 5:59am On Apr 01
Obaofpigs:
E apin am..

How can you claim to eat bread and not know that prices have increased everywhere?
All these Tinubu Agbado lowlifes sef grin

his parents are the ones feeding him so he does not understand what u are saying

2 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Paraman: 6:01am On Apr 01
Starpro87:

When was the last time you ate bread?
Yesterday
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Bananapill: 6:01am On Apr 01
Wainey:

During Jonathan's reign, we were buying ojile (colloquial) bread for 400-450. It increased in Buhari's regime to 700 and now 1800/2000 in Tinubu's less than a year in govt.

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by naija4life247: 6:01am On Apr 01
Vinnie2000:
Yesterday evening, My Neighbour bought a Small bread for N1700 and was so sad. embarassed sad

I thought Reno Omokri says we should Hail Tinubu for bringing down the prices of Good, which Suffered effects of Inflation.🀨🀨

The Only Item I know with Reduced price is Indomie HungryMan size.
From N1000 to N900.πŸ˜’

Please, Which do you know?πŸ˜•

But you just named one item up here

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by MASTERMIND04(m): 6:03am On Apr 01
Kevineleven:

Wise man

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Rejoice28(f): 6:13am On Apr 01
I realise food is more cheaper in shopping malls than in streets.

Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Judd007: 6:21am On Apr 01
The only thing that goes up and come down in this con3 is p3nis,

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Wainey: 6:23am On Apr 01
ponishah:

So, aboki in your street and other retailers in Nigeria have the capital to stock up their stores with goods that can last for 3 months?
Many illiterates posing as educated on nairaland, you are definitely one of them.
I don't know what you think you ate defending, stop fooling yourself.
The way u people insult, I wonder how stupid you can be.
I am sorry but I am not referring to ur poverty street. In my street, Aboki get supermarket, when I say wait for 3months, i am saying Aboki man and the warehouses which he bought from has enough for 3months
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Blakjewelry(m): 6:27am On Apr 01
Lionize:

Why are you guys so quick to insult people? This could still be written as "...some persons were arguing like they understood what is at play,..."

Please, let's learn to respect people. Whatsoever you don't want to be thrown at you, don't throw at others. Let's make this world a better place for others, by that, the world will in turn become a very good place for us. Just as advice.
Well if I act silly you have every right to say so. BTW when did someone arguing silly becomes an insult, if I want to insult, I know of better to use.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Blakjewelry(m): 6:37am On Apr 01
MrSly:

Are you a trader that do business with dollar? Of course not. No one is judge in his own case so please do not say what you don't know. All the while dollar was stable did prices of things go up so high? Most of Nigerians like blaming the wrong person. A clueless and illegitimate President worsened your economy with two anti people policies, removal of fuel subsidy and floating of naira and you are here blaming traders.
So it is dollar that affect the price of garri and pepper abi. And yes I do trade with dollar and some of the prices are unjustified. I know of someone who brings UK used laptop Canada, he sells at 149k when the laptop arrives Lagos but I see people buys from him sells in the same Lagos for 250k for the same laptop. All of you supporting the unnecessary hike is part of the problem. And before you rush to blame fuel, the price has remained stable for a while now but price of things keep going up, I am not saying some price of things shouldn't go up, but it should reflect the reality. Imagine going to buy what is produced locally and you will hear dollar, Nigeria is the only country were the laws of economic Doesn’t work

2 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Vinnie2000(m): 6:43am On Apr 01
naija4life247:

But you just named one item up here

I want to know Other Items, that has had Reduced prices.πŸ˜’

Since Reno Omokri claims Tinibu has Influenced the reduction of the prices of Inflated goods. sad undecided
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Tealcrestmedia(m): 6:43am On Apr 01
Wainey:
Oga e be like u no understand what I am saying.
Those that are importing have already bought things when dollar was N1800, just because dollar dropped doesn't mean they will also drop their price. Wait for few more weeks to 2months when they will buy again at low price.

The Aboki man in ur street stocked up his shop, the warehouse where he is buying his goods also stocked up their warehouse, the Aboki will empty his shop, then still buy from the warehouse, those people will empty their warehouses again before they start importing again at 1200

Sellers always use this logic to their advantage. If they bought low and there's dollar hike, they will immediately hike the prices of their commodities, telling you that "you can't tell them to sell as they bought and that they won't be able to restock at the current market price". If the dollar drops, they will say they need to sell what they have first before reflecting the new rates. Either way, it's always to their favor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets / What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? / N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.