Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH (30214 Views)

We Will Increase Tariff From July 1 - AEDC Alerts Customers / FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP / NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Max24: 5:37am On Apr 04
Whois:
Who told you only industries are on band A. angry u go just dey generalize and for your mind you have made sense

Why are you in band A area if you can't afford it ?Why not go to other areas you can afford? Do people pay the same rent everywhere? So why not light? Is rent in Lekki the same as rent in mushin?
The essence of categorisation is to let everyone cut their coat according to their size. That is why they are not the same rate. If you cant afford band A light you can move to areas for band B or C or others. This way everyone is accommodated. Moreso it affords PHCN to charge rich people well. How will banana island residents be paying same as mushin. It's not wise. That's the wisdom behind heavy taxation of luxury items used by the rich only.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Max24: 5:47am On Apr 04
blueAgent:

Typical APC Zombie.

Your question of how it affects the common man shows you are not in touch with reality.

ZOMBIE.
Typical obidient. Just abuse. No sense to debate issues that can offer alternative solutions. Same way Obi is criticising without giving his alternative solution. Do you see Republicans criticising Democrats without stating their own solutions? Even in developed countries rates are not the same just as rent is not the same. Your so called APC zombies are more forward thinking than your herd mentality.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Max24: 5:55am On Apr 04
jayce232:

You don't have single sense
You are comparing your usage to industrial usage? What do u have in your house? Use your electric iron on your phcn for 1 hour & use fuel for 1 hour & see which will be cheaper in the long run. We are talking about industries with machines & u are talking about your empty house. Arguing with u people is draining, u talk like robots! Anyone questioning this govt decision is automatically obidient? Was it only Labour party & APC that contested the last elections?
You don't know they were mixing power supply with diesel? Were they running constantly on diesel?? Let them add this new tarrif price to the mix & see if it doesn't reflect on their products. Every thing has been baseless hope upon hope, yet we are still yet to benefit anything & u are comparing Nigeria to Ghana? You are a fowl!
What are you talking about? Ghana's PHCN electricity rate is higher in Ghana than Nigeria, yet industries prefer Ghana, do you know why? Because the light is readily available 24hours. The cheaper PHCN Nigeria light comes just for few hours forcing the companies to mostly run on diesel that is five times more expensive than Ghana PHCN. So govts decision makes sense. Cost of production overall will come down.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by efemena5050(m): 6:01am On Apr 04
Max24:

See why I said Obidenses are illiterates. So you don't know that industries will prefer 20hrs PHCN electricity to diesel generators. Even at that increased rate the cost of production will be lower because some companies left Nigeria because of the cost of diesel. Ghana that they go is more expensive than Nigeria but available. Anything to avoid diesel generators is far better. I know how much I spend on petrol generator for 6hours compared to 6hrs of PHCN. Sometimes times five.

Am apolitical just in case u may/might want to stereotype me with ur tags of obsidians or wat ever .....I silently went tru ur conversations/exchange with the person u quoted and I found out something......u don't reason or type in an objective manner but rather based on sectional biased and sentiments....to u,ur sound in response but ur shallow ...the points u brought up against the so called illiterate was vague and baseless......the op proved his/her points very well
........In economics there is something called COST.....in form of MC ,AC,TC,VC,.......if at all u care to know.....now let me crave ur indulgence....if these idiotic policy ur trying to defend finally pull tru .....the after effect of cost burdens will fall on consumers .....based on new factored cost incurred in operating or recurrent cost paid for,owing to the new bill......since industries will want to make use of more light than diesel as u claimed.......last last the common man will pay the VAT (value added price).... indirectly due to increamental cost ...as food prices will move up slightly......bcus producers will want to recover their deficits .........so if u feel only band A members will pay this new estimated billing reason again bcus .....the common man will feel it indirectly........in conclusion........ lightning will become a class thing soon,as the band A members will get surplus while the band D/E will be left out .....since the greedy people will want to focus their attention to where the money is mostly coming from .....so perhaps the common man will still not be left out

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by AOresources: 6:04am On Apr 04
blueAgent:
A

See clown.

You sure say, you don eat this night?

Na your papa be clown!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Nolevel666: 6:08am On Apr 04
aieromon:

"Poor man" has never enjoyed electricity, they have only benefited from dirt cheap power. If you must enjoy, prepare to pay a premium cost.

Compare with NITEL and the GSM revolution.

Do you know when last we saw your “dirt cheap” light in my area?
A city for that matter!

An estate not too far from me has not seen electricity for good 12 months. People are deserting the estate to other places.

Keep making excuses for these useless old men in power. Continue

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Nolevel666: 6:15am On Apr 04
IbeOkehie:

(1) Subsidies, including electricity subsidies, are bad for economic growth
(2) Even if a good case can be made for subsidizing anything, Nigeria is bankrupt and can't afford it.
(3) If the Nigerian PEOPLE want subsidies, they need to demand a free market economy because free markets make nations richer.
(4) Every people get the kind of government they deserve.
(5) There's widespread evidence for each of the submissions above.

Good Luck to Nigeria

They always have money to buy luxury vehicles and pad budget.

Make una just dey play

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by breezeng: 6:42am On Apr 04
This is serious. The suffering continues.
It is well.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Coolgent(m): 7:11am On Apr 04
They are good in stealing and creating artificial poverty to their subject.
Emilokan
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by BigDawsNet: 7:26am On Apr 04
JaskanFactor:

the goal is depopulation

With hunger ba?
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by JaskanFactor: 7:30am On Apr 04
BigDawsNet:

With hunger ba?

Depopulation by cost of living and stress
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by BigDawsNet: 7:36am On Apr 04
JaskanFactor:

Depopulation by cost of living and stress

I doubt that will affect the southern and the Eastern/Western part of the country
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by AntiChristian: 8:25am On Apr 04
Free2Fly:

I thought this terrorist has long been bombed in the tiny, but terrorists-infested, Gaza strip by the gallant Israeli military which has been fighting to save the world from the war-mongering Islamists?? Nawaoo.

Na your family go be terrorist that will be bombed away from Nigeria.
Na so you use your head collect curse early morning!
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by AntiChristian: 8:26am On Apr 04
tymicjay77:

I beg what band is people that use 30minute in 2 day what band can they be categories. Cos where I live nah only 30minute (infact d only purpose for the light to just pump water that you will use for next 2 or 3 days.

It's possible you are in either of the last two bands. Depending on what is allocated to them they may decide to share it down like that!
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by AntiChristian: 8:31am On Apr 04
BarrElChapo:

I have an apartment at Iba housing estate I can show you different bills brought. one month they'll bring bill as the apartment in band A, the next month is in band B.

You should ask questions if you are not clear!

1. Send a mail to customercare@ikejaelectric.com and wait for a couple of days. Make sure you include your meter number and relevant details.
2. A better way is to chat them up on twitter or other Socials. They do respond wella.

3. There was a time they did me shege. I reported Ikeja Electric to NERC. The case went on for months without electricity! In the end I was given over 150k in units to use for free! Assuming say I get lawyer i for get more but many won't pursue that case as i did back then!

4. Open your mouth and ask relevant questions!
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Donaldoni: 8:40am On Apr 04
BrighterSyde:

I like people like you. Even in slavery you will still support your masters.

Subsidy has gone up. So has the budget to the NASS over the last 6 years. The increase is well over 300% as at this year’s budget. But minimum wage has remained 30k over the last 6 years. But you are here making excuses for them.

Your loyalty is unparalleled. You don’t actually need your brain.

Not so.
Listen to the facts. Watch the news and interviews with the experts. There is NO free lunch in life! angry
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Donaldoni: 8:41am On Apr 04
grandstar:

Nigerian want anything related to power for free and that's why that sector is underperforming.

Deregulated electricity pricing would revolutionize the sector and lead to massive investment in it.

The same turnaround deregulated pricing hard on the telecom sector would be re-enacted in the electricity sector.

Thank you
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Dphenom01: 8:58am On Apr 04
ecomalchemistt:
lol , we told you people.

You said na “statistics we go chop”..

Elections have consequences, 7 more years to go.

Brace up oooo !

Since 1999, at least 5 leaders have been elected yet things are not getting any better. We blame each other for electing these leaders forgetting democracy as a lot of pitfalls:
1. The best leaders(tecnocerats with proven track records) are never on ballot of any major political parties
2. Delegates that chose these leaders during primaries are just cashing out to him highest bidders
3. They then present old recycled politicians.
4. They divide us along party, religious and ethnic groups.
5 this is also happening in America the most advanced democracy too. Why must they choose btw Biden and Trump. They are both in their70s but they have better structure to mitigate against this a bit compared to ours.
My conclusion
Just like they do in other advanced democracies.
1. Protest and voice out against unfavorable policies
2 push for favourable policies through reps, local government who are closer to the people
3. Masses should stop blaming each other irrespective of etnic,political and religious leanings
4. election might not solve our problems as 5 presidents from military and civilian backgrounds with different ethnic and religious colouration as failed to achieve desired results.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by kingxsamz(m): 9:03am On Apr 04
Is there anything good that can come from this UesIess goat called Tinibooo?
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by BrighterSyde: 9:12am On Apr 04
Donaldoni:

Not so.
Listen to the facts. Watch the news and interviews with the experts. There is NO free lunch in life! angry

I’m not interested in whether the hike is for a particular class of customers.
But since you’ve mentioned it I will talk about it. Some of these customers who get up to 20 hrs power supply are into manufacturing or production while some are private residents. Do you know that increase in tariff will also lead to increase in cost of their goods and services?

That said…I also encourage you to look at the fact I dropped so you’ll realize how much you are supporting slave masters.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Donaldoni: 9:23am On Apr 04
BrighterSyde:

I’m not interested in whether the hike is for a particular class of customers.
But since you’ve mentioned it I will talk about it. Some of these customers who get up to 20 hrs power supply are into manufacturing or production while some are private residents. Do you know that increase in tariff will also lead to increase in cost of their goods and services?

That said…I also encourage you to look at the fact I dropped so you’ll realize how much you are supporting slave masters.

I am not even about any class. My point is that we must be ready to pay for goods and services. Nobody will invest in the power sector to run at a loss.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Innomach(m): 9:50am On Apr 04
That analysis is pure propaganda and deception to execute their plans. No part of this country enjoy 20hrs/per day electricity supply consistently. Though it could happen periodically but never consistently.. The increments is across board. Take it or leave it. Only time will tell.

AntiChristian:
Only Band A users tarrif is increased!

Band B-E still dey N66/KWh!

How many of Una dey band A that uses minimum of 20 hours electricity per day?

Band A are those who uses minimum of 20 hours electricity per day! Only the pricing of these people were increased! Many people in band A were downgraded to Band B.

Band B uses minimum of 16 hours electricity per day!

Band C uses minimum of 12 hours daily!

Band D uses a minimum of 8 hours daily!

Band E uses a minimum of 4 hours daily!
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Elxandre(m): 9:55am On Apr 04
socialmediaman:

This is even worse. This was the case many years ago under NEPA when wealthy people used to pay them to supply electricity to only those who can pay higher

Is this not taking Nigerians back to the old days of rich man vs poor man?
They're obviously going to increase other bands too. Dont mind that man.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Riskymarvelous(m): 10:05am On Apr 04
Yarimo will never comment on dis one he will hide his face like 😈😈😈😈 God will punish who see truth and refuse to say it
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Elxandre(m): 10:19am On Apr 04
aieromon:

The tariff increase is only applicable to Band A customers!!!
It's how you think they wouldn't increase band B and the rest too. 😂
Band B is 16 hours daily. You think it'll be justified for them to pay three times less while having only 20% less electricity?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Tenshades(m): 10:34am On Apr 04
blueAgent:

What message did the entire article pass that is different from ppls fears and comments?

Typical Zombie

Go back, read and comprehend, you dimwit.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by mbos: 10:36am On Apr 04
keep deceiving yourself only..................................eternally

after being impoverish to penury and lack financial power you then enjoy?
BigDawsNet:
The goal is that Nigerians citizen must suffer first before they enjoy.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by mbos: 10:39am On Apr 04
are you surprised? when the kings of the night time world rules what do you expect? Lord save Nigeria.....
EmekaMD:
Paying for darkness and raising tariff for services you do not provide.
Funny people
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by monex(m): 11:22am On Apr 04
aieromon:

"Poor man" has never enjoyed electricity, they have only benefited from dirt cheap power. If you must enjoy, prepare to pay a premium cost.

Compare with NITEL and the GSM revolution.

my estate uses 198 NGN per Kwh with barely 4 hours of nepa and the remaining 20 hrs funded by diesel.

What this price regime has done is to make many communities and estates source for their power themselves via diesel or gas as they are both cheaper than the PHCN price.

this is a good time for gas and diesel suppliers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by grandstar(m): 1:18pm On Apr 04
blueAgent:

Zombie.
Did the telecom companies hike prices without offering reasonable services?

The Power firms would charge or send over bloated bills to power consumers even in places where light has not been seen in years.

If the government was sincere and had a working brain, they would have invested or advocated for production and mass distribution of prepaid meter, that way debts owned the GENCO AND DISCOS would be reduced and investors would be encouraged to invest, hence more power and efficiency.

I am uninterested in this Zombie/Obidient nonsense. I am non-partisan. Simply stating an opinion that you find unfavorable then makes me a zombie is churlish.

What would Obi have done differently? The government needs 250bn monthly to give power providers and does nor have it. It already owes them 2.9tr and due to this, they can't pay for gas. The sensible thing to do is to raise the price.

What would Obi have done differently? Any move he would have made would have been screwed by the opposition controlled legislature.

Obi traveled to Egypt to understudy their piwer sector. Egypt of all countries!

The government has plans over the next 5 years to provide prepaid meters, in yearly phases to clear up the backlog. So there's a plan on ground.

The problem from the getgo was that the Jonathan government botched the privatization of PHCN and the country is paying the price for it. Well connected companies bought these firms rather than qualified ones.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

#bringbackoursoldiers Now Trending On Twitter (screenshots) / Throwback Picture Of Dino Melaye And His Female Friend / Nigerians Feel Less Secure Now Than Under Jonathan, Says Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.