Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH (30296 Views)

We Will Increase Tariff From July 1 - AEDC Alerts Customers / FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP / NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by IbeOkehie: 9:44pm On Apr 03
socialmediaman:

There's actually basis for comparing the two. Nigerian legislators are some of the highest paid in the world, Nigerian government expenditures for foreign trips and even executive allowances and expenditures compare to the rest of the developed world. A governor in the US can't afford to spend money the way Nigerian governors can.

So tell me, why can't the US be compared to Nigeria?

When Nigerians struggle, fight & die to implement a system based on FREEDOM, then they can ask for good government. Everything the USA has, THE PEOPLE fought and died for it. In the USA an individual can own land, whereas in Nigeria nobody can own land. That's a STARK, material difference.

Mandate1:
why is Nigeria the poverty capital of the world? What is the disparity between the pay of the minimum wager in USA and its senators compared to that of Nigeria?

I don't know why you people will always look for very primitive alibi to justify why Nigerians must continue to live in perpetual poverty. The senators' wages keep going high in Nigeria, but the citizens must suffer to enjoy tomorrow. Only in Nigeria do we spend billions buying cars for senators all the time, yet whr they are leaving office they go with this cars and other office equipments.

Nigeria is a democracy. If the people don't like the pay & benefits of political office holders, vote them out at the next election. Some patriots can form a party based on an ideology of service to the people, they can swear to reject their salaries when elected. Nigerian politicians do what they do because the people signal approval by voting for them.

Fuel subsidies have existed in Nigeria since 1973. In 2014 a political party campaigned on a slogan that "there is nothing like subsidy, fuel subsidy doesn't exist". The current President Tinubu was the National Leader of the party in that election, in fact he was the leader of Occupy Nigeria protests in Jan 2012.

President Buhari was a Minister of Petroleum around 1977 and President of Nigeria from 1983 to 1985. I can pull you newspaper headlines from 1984 where Buhari was negotiating with the IMF about removing fuel subsidies in Nigeria. Yet this same Muhammadu Buhari and his party told Nigerians "there's nothing like subsidy. Subsidy doesn't exist". These are facts, anyone can go look them up.

Yet in 2015 the Nigerian people elected that party to control the Federal Government. Everything that has happened since then is CONSEQUENCE, the Nigerian people are getting exactly what they deserve. What else did anyone expect?

Abeg make I hear word jare.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by bionixs: 9:45pm On Apr 03
All he cares is revenue generation that you won't see at the end of the day.

Shaa , omoluabis won't be affected. Peter Obi must be thought a lesson

Wereys everywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by socialmediaman: 9:47pm On Apr 03
yahoodetector:

You have been suffering since 2015 since Buhari came into power...when will you start enjoying?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Emzedz: 9:48pm On Apr 03
This man is really a curse to Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Vision101(m): 9:49pm On Apr 03
AntiChristian:
Only Band A users tarrif is increased!

Band B-E still dey N66/KWh!

How many of Una dey band A that uses minimum of 20 hours electricity per day?

Band A are those who uses minimum of 20 hours electricity per day! Only the pricing of these people were increased! Many people in band A were downgraded to Band B.

Band B uses minimum of 16 hours electricity per day!

Band C uses minimum of 12 hours daily!

Band D uses a minimum of 8 hours daily!

Band E uses a minimum of 4 hours daily!
I dey band Z ooo
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by RandomFellow: 9:52pm On Apr 03
aieromon:

This group of persons will be unaffected by the tariff increase as you wrongly assume.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/683016-nerc-explains-category-of-consumers-affected-by-electricity-tariff-hike.html

Some people living in Dutse Alhaji (Bwari Area Council) Abuja enjoy 23hours electricity. They don't even know they're on Band A! My point? Some of these guys can't even pay their rents of 300, maybe 350k! They buy electric units of 1,000; just to get by. 1k unit was 14 units or something like that. With this new increments, they'll get 4, maybe 5 units for 1k!
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by justmi1: 9:54pm On Apr 03
ugbarreta:
if eventually power becomes constant in this country the poor wont even afford. Apc is a curse!
there won't be poor people if there is constant power, small scale business would thrive. To most Nigerians having power supply is mainly for domestic use like for fan and TV and those things don't consume much power. The rich that have appliances are the ones using huge power. What a poor man needs power supply for his for his empowerment.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Franking: 9:55pm On Apr 03
Are our eyes clear yet? Do we blame Buhari, OBJ or Jonathan for this? Remember, none of these is Tinumbu's fault.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by sulaak(m): 9:56pm On Apr 03
Asonaijaaso:
Provide new jobs before you choke the poor to death with Tariffs removal.

Create jobs with Livable wages ? We know you want to generate revenue like the kidnappers too are collecting ransom.

But, differentiate yourselves from kidnappers by equally creating jobs for the citizens. Getting to 1 year in office, Tinubu cannot boast of creating 1 million jobs in a country of 300 million people.
Thats why we will continue to have increased social vices. The citizens need livable wages. Removed subsidy in forex, Removed subsidy in petrol, now you want to remove subsidy in energy tariffs !!
Please do not remove subsidy on being alive in Nigeria. Provide jobs, even if the jobs are minimum wages. Political appointments do not count as job creations.
Job creations should cut across parties, religions, tribes....we should see mass hiring.

Employment should supersede revenue generation.

The government cannot create new jobs and should stop subsidizing poverty. (electricity). Nigeria needs investment in Genco, TCN, and Electricity distribution.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by olatade(m): 9:56pm On Apr 03
it's mostly industrial feeders that are on band A, that simply means the cost of production for those industries just increased drastically, its the consumers that'll feel the effect.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by sulaak(m): 10:00pm On Apr 03
IbeOkehie:

When Nigerians struggle, fight & die to implement a system based on FREEDOM, then they can ask for good government. Everything the USA has, THE PEOPLE fought and died for it. In the USA an individual can own land, whereas in Nigeria nobody can own land. That's a STARK, material difference.

Nigeria is a democracy. If the people don't like the pay & benefits of political office holders, vote them out at the next election. Some patriots can form a party based on an ideology of service to the people, they can swear to reject their salaries when elected. Nigerian politicians do what they do because the people signal approval by voting for them.

Fuel subsidies have existed in Nigeria since 1973. In 2014 a political party campaigned on a slogan that "there is nothing like subsidy, fuel subsidy doesn't exist". The current President Tinubu was the National Leader of the party in that election, in fact he was the leader of Occupy Nigeria protests in Jan 2012.

President Buhari was a Minister of Petroleum around 1977 and President of Nigeria from 1983 to 1985. I can pull you newspaper headlines from 1984 where Buhari was negotiating with the IMF about removing fuel subsidies in Nigeria. Yet this same Muhammadu Buhari and his party told Nigerians "there's nothing like subsidy. Subsidy doesn't exist". These are facts, anyone can go look them up.

Yet in 2015 the Nigerian people elected that party to control the Federal Government. Everything that has happened since then is CONSEQUENCE, the Nigerian people are getting exactly what they deserve. What else did anyone expect?

Good Luck to Nigerians.

Nigerians think APC came from heaven or hell. They supported Tinubu and Buhari in 2012 and now they can see the result of their actions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by maasoap(m): 10:01pm On Apr 03
aieromon:

This group of persons will be unaffected by the tariff increase as you wrongly assume.

Let me tell you something. My area is classified as Band A but I have been charging my phone using generators where ever I saw one for the past five weeks now. We are already paying N100 per unit when other areas are paying N56 per unit.
How can people be using electricity for 1 hour a day and IBEDC would be saying they're using 20hours, 16 hours electricity per day?

BTW: are you by any chance happened to be a son to one of those Jonathan's cronies who bought power sector or you are just a mere DISCO staff receiving peanuts as salary and mainly depending on bribes?

AntiChristian:
Only Band A users tarrif is increased!

Band B-E still dey N66/KWh!

How many of Una dey band A that uses minimum of 20 hours electricity per day?

Band A are those who uses minimum of 20 hours electricity per day! Only the pricing of these people were increased! Many people in band A were downgraded to Band B.

Band B uses minimum of 16 hours electricity per day!

Band C uses minimum of 12 hours daily!

Band D uses a minimum of 8 hours daily!

Band E uses a minimum of 4 hours daily!

At the moment, nobody enjoys electricity for 16 or 20 hours in Nigeria. At least, not IBEDC customers, I'm certain of that.
Now, this is what will happen in few months after this new tariff might have been implemented: those on bands B to C will equally be moved to band A and bands D will be moved to B. I can assure you that there is no customer on band E, I even doubt it that there are customers placed on band D. If you know of any customer on bands D and E, let me know grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by maasoap(m): 10:02pm On Apr 03
sulaak:

Nigerians think APC came from heaven or hell. They supported Tinubu and Buhari in 2012 and now they can see the result of their actions.
Just like some people are thinking now that LP came from heaven grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by grandstar(m): 10:03pm On Apr 03
socialmediaman:

The 200K could will be fine if you were not paying the same amount. Now you'll be paying the same amount in utilities

I would say someone earning 700k hete is better than someone earning £2k in London. I have been in UK

The man does not know what he is saying. 200k too small.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by maasoap(m): 10:05pm On Apr 03
IbeOkehie:

Good Luck to Nigerians.

You are just ranting, ranting and ranting, no coherence in your submission whatsoever.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by mipeesoft(m): 10:06pm On Apr 03
A very good news to the emilokan slaves... grin grin grin
socialmediaman:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/04/03/breaking-tinubu-government-raises-electricity-tariff-nigerians-n66-n225-kilowatt-hour#:~:text=Videos%20Photos%20Documents-,BREAKING%3A%20Tinubu%20Government%20Raises%20Electricity%20Tariff%20For%20Nigerians%20From,To%20N225%20Kilowatt%20Per%20Hour&text=According%20to%20Oseni%2C%20customers%20in,12million%20electricity%20customers%20in%20Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by PAQ(m): 10:08pm On Apr 03
Chai, my heart just skipped a beat as i checked my band. Na A non MD!

15k gives me about 204kwh, now it will be like 60kwh. angry

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Tealcrestmedia(m): 10:08pm On Apr 03
aieromon:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/683016-nerc-explains-category-of-consumers-affected-by-electricity-tariff-hike.html

Stop justifying nonsense. So there are no poor people on band A feeders? Do you know that band A feeders are majorly 33kv feeders and they travel long distances cutting across both rich and poor? Even if it's only rich people, what extra thing has government done for them to warrant such hike in prices when they are still battling other aspects of the general inflation.

Na the nepa marketers I pity. Bill of 10k, they are fighting to collect, now it will be over 40k. Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by ufotunang: 10:09pm On Apr 03
We have to start to have alternative for electricity light and competition in the power sector for all this rubbish to stop...it's because there is no alternative and competition that is why the federal government and phed/ NEPA are treating nigerians badly like this
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by ufotunang: 10:11pm On Apr 03
This is what they know... just to put nigerians in more hardship.,and no constant electricity light in Nigeria... nigerians just paying darkness bill

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by BondRiv: 10:15pm On Apr 03
The IMF is now running our government. If this trend continues, he will destabilize his administration and ruin Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by AOresources: 10:16pm On Apr 03
Angelfrost:

Yeah... Sadly, the prices of commodities and services will further fly off the roof.

Easy to say "endure" when you can easily afford a Dollar per meal.

You do have a choice aside ranting
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by IbeOkehie: 10:20pm On Apr 03
maasoap:

You are just ranting, ranting and ranting, no coherence in your submission whatsoever.

(1) Subsidies, including electricity subsidies, are bad for economic growth
(2) Even if a good case can be made for subsidizing anything, Nigeria is bankrupt and can't afford it.
(3) If the Nigerian PEOPLE want subsidies, they need to demand a free market economy because free markets make nations richer.
(4) Every people get the kind of government they deserve.
(5) There's widespread evidence for each of the submissions above.

Good Luck to Nigeria
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by blueAgent(m): 10:20pm On Apr 03
Tayorshd87:
Just to make nigeria better .

Go to overseas u pay more and enjoy what u use .

Nonsense

How much is the minimum wage abroad?

Do they have the kind of corruption we have here?

Clown.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by IbeOkehie: 10:23pm On Apr 03
blueAgent:

How much is the minimum wage abroad?

Do they have the kind of corruption we have here?

Clown.

Actually the magnitude of corruption in Western countries and even China is higher. For one there isn't much money to steal in Nigeria.

But can you tell us the CAUSE of corruption in Nigeria or anywhere else for that matter? If we know the cause, then at least we can propose solutions. I've asked this question severally in different conversations yet no reply.

https://www.nairaland.com/8017099/what-cause-corruption

What is the CAUSE of corruption?

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Elinosweet143(f): 10:25pm On Apr 03
Am sure areas like mine would fall under band D cos am not sure nepa get us for agenda cos we can not not boast of 2hours light in a full week so the increament no affect us

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by blueAgent(m): 10:27pm On Apr 03
IbeOkehie:

Actually the magnitude of corruption in Western countries and even China is higher. For one there isn't much money to steal in Nigeria.

But can you tell us the CAUSE of corruption in Nigeria or anywhere else for that matter? If we know the cause, then at least we can propose solutions. I've asked this question severally in different conversations yet no reply.

https://www.nairaland.com/8017099/what-cause-corruption

What is the CAUSE of corruption?

Good Luck to Nigeria.

You are joking. grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by blueAgent(m): 10:30pm On Apr 03
A
AOresources:
We go endure am for a better Nigerian

See clown.

You sure say, you don eat this night?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Honestey: 10:32pm On Apr 03
Baba Tinubu should slow down naw, you can't be the one to remove everything subsidy all in one single term and expect to continue to get full loyalty from your supporters.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by blueAgent(m): 10:33pm On Apr 03
Konquest:

You're very intelligent for paying attention to the little details in that article. A significant number of narcissistic posters and trolls here just rush in to post highly ignorant comments on NL (and other online platforms) laced with hate speech.

One Clown praising another Clown shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Ray07(m): 10:35pm On Apr 03
BigDawsNet:

Hope dey bro
Till you go 6ft under, nothing go better for this mess tag a country.

Keep believing in fairytale.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by IbeOkehie: 10:35pm On Apr 03

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Treks From Abeokuta To Lagos For Tinubu, Others / Idia Ize-Iyamu Pictured With Fish Seller In Edo (photos) / Delta Youths Burn Down Houses Of Opposition After Death Of Chairman. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.