Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,878 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH (30160 Views)

We Will Increase Tariff From July 1 - AEDC Alerts Customers / FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP / NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by blueAgent(m): 10:41pm On Apr 03
jmoore:

Paying attention to details? The real details are not in the article.

I can use myself as a case study. I do not have up to 24hrs of electricity for a week.
I can have 4 days of blackout and 3 days of combined power supply that is not up to 12 hours.
The last time I bought power token, I was charged around 77 naira per kwh, that is higher than the so called 66 naira for band A.

How many consumers are really billed according to the band ratings?

Good response.

Ignore that Clown, that wants to sound smart, but ended up disgracing himself.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by blueAgent(m): 10:43pm On Apr 03
Max24:
Many obidients against Tinubu's policies are illiterates. How does this affect the common man ?

Typical APC Zombie.

Your question of, how it affects the common man shows you are not in touch with reality.

ZOMBIE.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Whois(m): 10:45pm On Apr 03
Tinubu sabi this "Divide and rule tactics" well well undecided

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Whois(m): 10:51pm On Apr 03
Who told you only industries are on band A. angry u go just dey generalize and for your mind you have made sense

Max24:

See why I said Obidenses are illiterates. So you don't know that industries will prefer 20hrs PHCN electricity to diesel generators. Even at that increased rate the cost of production will be lower because some companies left Nigeria because of the cost of diesel. Ghana that they go is more expensive than Nigeria but available. Anything to avoid diesel generators is far better. I know how much I spend on petrol generator for 6hours compared to 6hrs of PHCN. Sometimes times five.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by blueAgent(m): 10:51pm On Apr 03
grandstar:

Nigerian want anything related to power for free and that's why that sector is underperforming.

Deregulated electricity pricing would revolutionize the sector and lead to massive investment in it.

The same turnaround deregulated pricing hard on the telecom sector would be re-enacted in the electricity sector.

Zombie.
Did the telecom companies hike prices without offering reasonable services?

The Power firms would charge or send over bloated bills to power consumers even in places where light has not been seen in years.

If the government was sincere and had a working brain, they would have invested or advocated for production and mass distribution of prepaid meter, that way debts owned the GENCO AND DISCOS would be reduced and investors would be encouraged to invest, hence more power and efficiency.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Rebuke: 10:52pm On Apr 03
AntiChristian:
Only Band A users tarrif is increased!

Band B-E still dey N66/KWh!

How many of Una dey band A that uses minimum of 20 hours electricity per day?

Band A are those who uses minimum of 20 hours electricity per day! Only the pricing of these people were increased! Many people in band A were downgraded to Band B.

Band B uses minimum of 16 hours electricity per day!

Band C uses minimum of 12 hours daily!

Band D uses a minimum of 8 hours daily!

Band E uses a minimum of 4 hours daily!

Oh, we must be in Band Z here then, because we can't even boast of 4 hours power supply in a week, sometimes😂😂😂😂

Nonsense
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by blueAgent(m): 10:53pm On Apr 03
IbeOkehie:

No I'm not. Why would I joke about that?

https://thecorner.eu/news-the-world/world-economy/bombshell-jp-morgan-secretly-paid-daughter-chinas-ex-premier-1-8-million/33186/

https://apnews.com/article/crime-trending-news-government-and-politics-6f30f575dc739415af1e5b47b1be50f0

https://www.centerforilpolitics.org/articles/governors-convicted-on-greater-federal-corruption-offenses

The magnitude of corruption in China boggles the mind. What about France? These are all in the public domain. Come on.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

Still not comparable to that in nigeria.
Go and check global corruption index.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by blueAgent(m): 10:55pm On Apr 03
Tenshades:

They don't bother to read the whole message. As long as it's a negative headline, they get erektion and rush to write imbecilic comments.

What message did the entire article pass that is different from ppls fears and comments?

Typical Zombie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Irupetepete: 10:58pm On Apr 03
You will never see all those apc nuisance on this thread
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by mkoabiola: 11:01pm On Apr 03
Una never chi chomtin

As far they are comfortable in Thier houses and offices.....
..nothing concern them with tariff because they afford it or it free for them

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by wildernessVoice: 11:06pm On Apr 03
#Let.The.Poor.Breath
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by lapintoz: 11:12pm On Apr 03
Children born with hate....empty skull....

How much is electricity in Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana, Mali etc..

How much does it cost to run petrol and diesel gen....N400 to N500 per KWH.

If you cannot afford it.....why not return to your village.

People on low consumption still pay N66 per KwH

Oponu.

Una go wail till 2039 your cry cry daddy won't enter aso rock clinic
😁

successmatters:
Greedy old man intent on suffering his minions grin

We warned all of you, they will be using propaganda to report that the economy is getting better but na suffer go kill most Nigerians.

We warned you that this man is much more evil than his predecessor. He has nothing to offer, its just his turn to loot.

Tomorrow some CORNfused elements will be asking me why we the manufacturing sector are not bringing down prices of goods, na urine we dey take power our factories ni? grin
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by AntiChristian: 11:21pm On Apr 03
Cisco2010:
my Area, we only have light for about 2hrs in two or 3 days. We can go for 5 days without light.

What band are we on??

Ask your disco!

The amount of electricity the disco gets determines what they will eventually share in those ratios!
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by AntiChristian: 11:22pm On Apr 03
HenryWilliams:

Don't be surprised if all the bands get jacked up to this new price tariff..
Who is to control them?
NERC?
5k of token gives me about 95units.
I fear how much units I would get next time I buy

Most likely you'll get same except you live in high brow areas they think you can afford to pay more!
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by BarrElChapo(m): 11:42pm On Apr 03
Just implement the rural electrification project and give everyone a prepaid meter, it was the BAT administration that stopped it yet you're removing subsidy.

Everything about tinubu is geared towards punishing Nigerians 😥

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by BarrElChapo(m): 11:46pm On Apr 03
AntiChristian:

Band A are those who uses minimum of 20 hours electricity per day! Only the pricing of these people were increased! Many people in band A were downgraded to Band B.

I have an apartment at Iba housing estate I can show you different bills brought. one month they'll bring bill as the apartment in band A, the next month is in band B.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Omoluabi16(m): 11:49pm On Apr 03
swagifted:
now 44 units is 10k...
renewed hope...
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by OALandAgents: 11:58pm On Apr 03
Tinubu has limitless supply of Shege!
Chai!! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by snowball11(m): 12:25am On Apr 04
Baba werey on the beat! grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by tymicjay77: 12:26am On Apr 04
AntiChristian:

I beg what band is people that use 30minute in 2 day what band can they be categories. Cos where I live nah only 30minute (infact d only purpose for the light to just pump water that you will use for next 2 or 3 days.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by klawaaa: 12:45am On Apr 04
Na Tinubu go finish Nigerians finally. Buhari was child play lol
socialmediaman:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/04/03/breaking-tinubu-government-raises-electricity-tariff-nigerians-n66-n225-kilowatt-hour#:~:text=Videos%20Photos%20Documents-,BREAKING%3A%20Tinubu%20Government%20Raises%20Electricity%20Tariff%20For%20Nigerians%20From,To%20N225%20Kilowatt%20Per%20Hour&text=According%20to%20Oseni%2C%20customers%20in,12million%20electricity%20customers%20in%20Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by IbeOkehie: 12:50am On Apr 04
blueAgent:

Still not comparable to that in nigeria.
Go and check global corruption index.

Dear Sir, the MAGNITUDE of corruption in Nigeria can never surpass what happens in USA, China, Australia or even Japan. Simple reason....Nigeria has very little money available to be stolen.

Again.....WHY is Nigeria so poorly ranked in the Corruption PERCEPTION Index? Note the word perception, it's there for a reason.

Good Luck to Nigeria
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by OKorowanta: 1:12am On Apr 04
Dead cells mandate rogue.
Certificate tiff.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by teewhydope(m): 1:23am On Apr 04
Bleep! My area is on Band A angry
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by cucumbar: 1:26am On Apr 04
muykem:
You don't have mental capacity to read and understand. Band A electricity is purely for the rich.
shut up . Which one is band A? I don’t get up to 10 hours of light every day , and I’m getting 40 units for 10k as against 130 units.
You see all you APC supporters, Thunder go fire Una very soon, especially you.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by BrighterSyde: 1:34am On Apr 04
Donaldoni:
What

All the same, the subsidy has become unsustainable as result of a myriad of factors. At least we all know everything has gone up of late. embarassed

I like people like you. Even in slavery you will still support your masters.

Subsidy has gone up. So has the budget to the NASS over the last 6 years. The increase is well over 300% as at this year’s budget. But minimum wage has remained 30k over the last 6 years. But you are here making excuses for them.

Your loyalty is unparalleled. You don’t actually need your brain.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by JaskanFactor: 1:35am On Apr 04
BigDawsNet:
The goal is that Nigerians citizen must suffer first before they enjoy.
the goal is depopulation
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Yankee101: 1:46am On Apr 04
Buy a distribution company in receivership and hike the prices

The Tinubu way they used to milk Lagos dry

Your days are numbered

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Free2Fly: 2:47am On Apr 04
AntiChristian:

I thought this terrorist has long been bombed in the tiny, but terrorists-infested, Gaza strip by the gallant Israeli military which has been fighting to save the world from the war-mongering Islamists?? Nawaoo.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Tayorshd87: 3:02am On Apr 04
emperor4love:
na same minimum wage,who giv u phone first

That's true dha
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by OOSmilling(m): 4:55am On Apr 04
U people should stop misinforming people. There is different between kph and kwh.
The #225 is kwh.
1 kwh = #225.
Is good to study science or engineering.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by BigIyanga: 5:00am On Apr 04
They have money to subsidize the rich… but dont have money to help the poor..

https://punchng.com/dangote-106-others-get-tax-holiday-over-n2-5tn-investments/?amp

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable / Dibu Ojerinde, Sons, Daughter-In-Law Docked / The Hypocrisy Of Omojuwa In Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.