Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man (44083 Views)

COVID-19: 184 New Cases Reported, 6 Deaths And 111 Discharged On May 13 / 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria, Totalling 111 Confirmed Cases / No More Excuses: See The 111 Year Old Man Who Hits The Gym Every day (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by geoworldedu: 4:51am On Apr 07
Depriest2020:
111yrs oldest man alive? I doubt that, Guinness world record (GWR) never go south Western Nigeria, older people are there.
Those ones who don't know their real ages. No birth certificate to verify their claims of 180 years, lol. That's how holy bible also boboed us that Methuselah lived for 969 years in the era where they don't have calendar yet grin
Maybe na stones den dey use count years that time sha, what do I know? cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by sirblend: 5:09am On Apr 07
JuanDeDios:
Nigerian reading this: "But there's a 133 year old man in my village and my grandmother is 137 years."

You don't have any proof your grandma is 137 years.... No one in your village has a proof.....
They just look at her frail nature and assume her age...

4 Likes

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by imagrg(m): 5:19am On Apr 07
My grandfather died at 118.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by condralbedez: 5:34am On Apr 07
KillIgbohoN0W:

Which puts you around 50 years old yet you spend your days constituting a nuisance on Nairaland for free.
Wao...

1 Like

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by VinnyBaba: 5:43am On Apr 07
All the pple in this Thread claiming 'My Grandpa died at 125, 144 yrs yen yen yen.😕

How did they arrive at such numbers?

Africans that know how to Exaggerate and tell ties. sad

Africans that brought up a Story that India defeated Super eagles 99 0? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by VinnyBaba: 5:47am On Apr 07
imagrg:
My grandfather died at 118.

How did your Family arrive at that Number? undecided

Even Younger Pple like the likes of Obasanjo, Wole Soyinka use Guesswork to arrive at their age.
So did you Pple arrive at the exact 118 number? sad

In my community, some born in the 1940's and 1950's can't tell you the Exact Year and Month.
They just did Estimation and Guesswork. 😕😒

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by VinnyBaba: 5:48am On Apr 07
sirblend:

You don't have any proof your grandma is 137 years.... No one in your village has a proof.....
They just look at her frail nature and assume her age...

👍
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Doyin2(m): 5:59am On Apr 07
Igb0sCriminals:
Hehehe

Àìrìnjìnà la ò rí abuké òkéré

My great grandfather is 139 although a bit fragile now

My grandfather is 106 and still agile

You can write official report to GWR,they would be glad to receive and verify.

But do you have authentic records?

1 Like

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by lanre316: 6:02am On Apr 07
KillIgbohoN0W:
Rubbish.
Living without a working preeq is akin to death.

You people and seexs. Dem take this thing do you ni?
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Boyewu: 6:05am On Apr 07
You should forward her birth certificate to GWR so that they can recognise her existence. Best of luck.
Igb0sCriminals:
Hehehe

1 Like

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by opera1(m): 6:30am On Apr 07
ultimateprof:

Don't mind them. As I'm typing this message so, I'm 121 years old.

Hmmm, ancient of days.

2 Likes

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by tunjijones(m): 6:40am On Apr 07
Depriest2020:
111yrs oldest man alive? I doubt that, Guinness world record (GWR) never go south Western Nigeria, older people are there.

Do you have their birth certificate?
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Jungleluv5: 6:45am On Apr 07
This is pure lie come to Africa there are people who are are older than that age even here in Nigeria 🇳🇬 we have 120 years upward who are still living
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Rejoice28(f): 6:48am On Apr 07
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Logins2125: 6:50am On Apr 07
Igb0sCriminals:
Hehehe

they know only the rich!

1 Like

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Ajoray: 7:11am On Apr 07
Depriest2020:
111 likes damn
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Trustedpronet: 7:13am On Apr 07
Depriest2020:

Because your birth records data no balance ...na for that same southwest una dey dish out age like sey na beans....u go hear 180, 250. How na. Oya come explain how...no concrete evidence.

2 Likes

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by nams77: 7:21am On Apr 07
Depriest2020:
I don't doubt that but the problem is verification. Most of those age can't be independently verified. There are no proper birth record and some of them were using the four market day calendar to calculate their age

1 Like

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by nams77: 7:24am On Apr 07
Sonnobax15:
undecided
With this particular record,I now believe theà GWR is a joke...

Make dem come Naija come see people wey senior that person by far.
Those age can't be independently verified. No accurate birth record and some of those calculations where done using the four market day calendar
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by barinedan(m): 7:25am On Apr 07
That is false, they didn't do their verification properly, here in Africa we have people who are older than that man by far
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by JuanDeDios: 7:34am On Apr 07
Joy2dworldxyz:

Me my grandmother is 146 years today but she died 30yrs ago
Died at 116. How did you verify her age?
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by histemple: 7:48am On Apr 07
Easybet1:
Dey play, my grand pa is about 122 years today

Was his birth recorded? How else can his age be verified aside word of mouth?

1 Like

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by fawaz050(m): 7:52am On Apr 07
Objectivist04:

Everybody just dey quote numbers,
Was his birth recorded ? Do you have any prove to authenticate the said age ? For your information, all these oyibo have their birth certificate intact, Guinness book of records don't consider people with no birth certificate or record.

No mind them, there's a hardly a documentary evidence 🧾 for aged people in Nigeria. Instead of ranting here, they should send the proof to GWR.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Dennisochampa: 7:55am On Apr 07
KillIgbohoN0W:
Rubbish.
Living without a working preeq is akin to death.

So why don't u pray to die young when your pweek is still functioning??
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Dennisochampa: 7:55am On Apr 07
These guys dey live long Sha....
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by 1Alex: 8:00am On Apr 07
Depriest2020:
the most beautiful girl in the world is only most beautiful among the contestants .
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Babafish247: 8:01am On Apr 07
Go to agenebode Delta state .. am sure you will see 150yr old man and woman
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by fadigalfemi(m): 8:07am On Apr 07
My grandmother is older than him....just dat we know wan loud am
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by ceejayluv(m): 8:28am On Apr 07
Risingblue008:
Make dem come my village

Dem go see men of 125 and above dey smoke pipe with all pleasure
WGR na politics too
Come my villa make dem hail
Provide a verifiable birth record and they'll award your village person the record.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by ceejayluv(m): 8:29am On Apr 07
Kennitrust:
They have not seen my grandma that is begging God to take her away at 126.

This guys should do their findings very well before claiming to know everything in the world.
Where's her birth record?
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by ceejayluv(m): 8:32am On Apr 07
igahdavid:

It's easier to give it to them because they have verifiable records unlike us.

My Grand mother died at 97 and she was the one that died the youngest in her family.

My Grand father her dad Died at 144yrs.
Some of her siblings died at 120, 114, 110
Without records, how could you have known their age?
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by thaoriginator: 8:34am On Apr 07
Igb0sCriminals:
Hehehe

Abeg bring birth cert and make vidz make we go cash out quick quick

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? / 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain / Medical Facts Picture Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.