Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man (44086 Views)

COVID-19: 184 New Cases Reported, 6 Deaths And 111 Discharged On May 13 / 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria, Totalling 111 Confirmed Cases / No More Excuses: See The 111 Year Old Man Who Hits The Gym Every day (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by ceejayluv(m): 8:34am On Apr 07
Stanweezy:
He's not the oldest man but rather the officially registered oldest man with Guinness.

My grandma alone died at the age of 127yrs

Another guy from our age grade meeting dey bury em grandma and what I saw in the burial poster is 115yrs
Anyone can write anything on burial poster. Is there any verifiable birth record?
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Wuless82(m): 8:39am On Apr 07
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by ceejayluv(m): 8:40am On Apr 07
imagrg:
My grandfather died at 118.
Story..... Where's his birth record?
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by ceejayluv(m): 8:42am On Apr 07
Babafish247:
Go to agenebode Delta state .. am sure you will see 150yr old man and woman
Those people no Go pass 95-100 if they verify well.

1 Like

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Junior66(m): 8:50am On Apr 07
JuanDeDios:
Nigerian reading this: "But there's a 133 year old man in my village and my grandmother is 137 years."

If your grandmother is up to 137 then you must be about 80 years by now.

1 Like

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by babajero(m): 8:53am On Apr 07
Igb0sCriminals:
Hehehe

Àìrìnjìnà la ò rí abuké òkéré

My great grandfather is 139 although a bit fragile now

My grandfather is 106 and still agile

All what you people are writing is hogwash, your father is this one your grandfather is that one, do you have prove? You that doesn't even know your father or his real age is here talking about your grandfather and your great grandfather.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by gabbasin: 8:57am On Apr 07
Igb0sCriminals:
Hehehe

Àìrìnjìnà la ò rí abuké òkéré

My great grandfather is 139 although a bit fragile now

My grandfather is 106 and still agile how old are you yourself?

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by HenryWilliams(m): 9:04am On Apr 07
Depriest2020:
111yrs oldest man alive? I doubt that, Guinness world record (GWR) never go south Western Nigeria, older people are there.

They don't reckon with countries having dubious records.
Record keeping in this country is a farce .. anything before 1930 (except colonial govt records) is undoubtedly false especially in other regions like the North and East..
See s they got this man's age..up to the day and month..I'm sure the hospital he wss born in is still very much functioning, if they investigate the hospital..they'll find even the hour and minute of that day..
Nigeria?
Those old people..they just give an age appropriate to how old the person looks.
I've seen one obituary from the east claiming the deceased was 200 years old .I just weak.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by HaneefahRN(f): 9:07am On Apr 07
Lucky indeed that old and still has his wits and senses.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by HaneefahRN(f): 9:09am On Apr 07
thatsleepboy1:

Pure rubbish. Let them come to Oye Ekiti here and see pple older than 111. The oldest person in oye here is older than 111.
Is there any record to prove it? The issue we have is record keeping. Some 60-70 year olds cannot tell you exactly what day and year they were born talk more people supposedly over a 100 years.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by djkirkoo2(m): 9:12am On Apr 07
Wey my grandmother lived for 113 years before she died.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Charlie2020(f): 9:37am On Apr 07
There's a 127 year old man in Guyuk Adamawa State. This man witnessed the first and second WW. He calls Zik and Awolowo his juniors. If you want to get the man to tell you stories of past 100 years, just buy him original Sapele water
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by donbenie(m): 9:38am On Apr 07
Depriest2020:
111yrs oldest man alive? I doubt that, Guinness world record (GWR) never go south Western Nigeria, older people are there.
Let them bring proof..
It's as simple as that,GWR no dey do propaganda..
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by donbenie(m): 9:40am On Apr 07
Charlie2020:
There's a 127 year old man in Guyuk Adamawa State. This man witnessed the first and second WW. He calls Zik and Awolowo his juniors. If you want to get the man to tell you stories of past 100 years, just buy him original Sapele water
No 127 years old man in Nigeria has the evidence to prove his year of birth..
Randomly apportioning age to him, is not going to work with GWR..

1 Like

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by donbenie(m): 9:42am On Apr 07
djkirkoo2:
Wey my grandmother lived for 113 years before she died.
Where is the record?
All we do in this country is apportion age to the old,no verifiable records.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by yewit37486: 9:46am On Apr 07
Laple0541:

Yeah young man, it was me and that was a statement of fact. After a president is duly elected, why should some people out of hatred claim they won’t display his portrait?
Moreover, you seem not to get the point. Does my moniker incite any issue? That’s the point.

That's not enough reason to denigrate an entire tribe which definitely includes people who support the president.
All forms of tribalism and ethnic slurs should not be encouraged, let there be peace.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Blackdisciple(m): 9:48am On Apr 07
KillIgbohoN0W:
Rubbish.
Living without a working preeq is akin to death.

Do you have to fxxxk ni...
Stay a year without fxxking e make sense
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Dlemy: 9:55am On Apr 07
Happy Sunday
Doctors, Pharmacist, Hospital and Admin Store Personnel in the house.
Kindly assist connect me with medical equipment or medicine delivery job (Medical Courier)
I have my own bus to do the delivery job but I need contacts within Lagos and it environment please.
Reach me on : 08148064886.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by djkirkoo2(m): 10:10am On Apr 07
donbenie:
Where is the record?
All we do in this country is apportion age to the old,no verifiable records.
so you want to argue my own grandma's age with me? What about now that my 2nd grandma is 97 now and will be 98 in November?

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Taigaban: 10:10am On Apr 07
A man in my village dies at age 161years. But never made it to the Quiness world record. I tried hard to convince the children to allow me run a documentary but they refused. As at the time of his death his first son was already 95 years. The first set of his children were women who all died at old age while the man was still alive.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Laple0541(m): 10:41am On Apr 07
yewit37486:

That's not enough reason to denigrate an entire tribe which definitely includes people who support the president.
All forms of tribalism and ethnic slurs should not be encouraged, let there be peace.

If SOME now means ENTIRE to you, then I have no option than to arrest my case.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by femi4: 10:47am On Apr 07
Malroux:
I'll win it at my old age.
They should go to remote villages where there is no light n Internet. They will find 120+ there
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by predictor1: 11:00am On Apr 07
Sonnobax15:
undecided
With this particular record,I now believe theà GWR is a joke...

Make dem come Naija come see people wey senior that person by far.
Nigerians should stop talking like this. The outside world would see us as illiterares and foolish people.

This man's age and date of birth are well documented. The ones you talk about may be in their 90s but because they lack proper medical attention and the right food they look very old. My own dad was born in 1932. That makes him 92. He still walks around unaided and is still smart. He doesn't look 92. Most of his mates are dead. If he was an illiterate and wretched in the village and his father did not record his birth we would also say he is 120.

2 Likes

Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Kennitrust(m): 11:04am On Apr 07
ceejayluv:

Where's her birth record?
you no serious grin
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Zetty177x: 11:07am On Apr 07
Old men of 135 full my village
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Malroux: 11:11am On Apr 07
femi4:
They should go to remote villages where there is no light n Internet. They will find 120+ there
Exactly. I know people who are older than this winner, but do to they are in village no one recognizes them.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by sacajawea: 11:12am On Apr 07
OBA117:

How?

My Dad lived 125years. Such a grace!
And how old are you now?
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by keletex2000(m): 11:12am On Apr 07
Taigaban:
A man in my village dies at age 161years. But never made it to the Quiness world record. I tried hard to convince the children to allow me run a documentary but they refused. As at the time of his death his first son was already 95 years. The first set of his children were women who all died at old age while the man was still alive.

While I am not disputing the fact that that your village man died at a very old age of more than 100.
Have you asked yourself a simple question: " why is his first son only 95 years old, if the man died at 161 years ? "
It means that he was 66 years old when he had his son ! You know that in the olden days , men got married in their twenties....
That age is very unlikely...
If you have ever been directly involved / planned funerals of an old relative with no verifiable age, you will know that those ages that you see on obituaries are all allocated and massively overbloated.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by yewit37486: 11:27am On Apr 07
Laple0541:

If SOME now means ENTIRE to you, then I have no option than to arrest my case.

Yes please rest it.
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Bigboytinz: 12:26pm On Apr 07
Kennitrust:
They have not seen my grandma that is begging God to take her away at 126.

This guys should do their findings very well before claiming to know everything in the world.
lies. How old is her first born??
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by kingmaster2009: 12:58pm On Apr 07
Why would 111 be the oldest in the world? Who conducted the survey?

Meanwhile, we have 120.- 134-year-old people still living active lives in some African countries ...all these Oyinbo are fond of putting racial sentiment into all things...I was shocked when I toured some villages in southwest Nigeria and saw some other aged people with proof

And this is the reason Russians and some African countries are trying all they can to remove all the graves of these people from black African nations...
Re: John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man by Usmanovic95(m): 1:37pm On Apr 07
Depriest2020:

Yes we have quite a lot of aged people here especially in a state like Ekiti. GWR only recognize people with verified claims. Most old folks here don't have proper birth certificate to ascertain the exact date they were born,they only use the event that happened prior or their post birth period to speculate their age.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? / 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain / Medical Facts Picture Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.