Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders (32909 Views)

Mc Oluomo Disgrace Shina Peller In Public For Not Voting Tinubu (photos,video) / We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians / COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by DMerciful(m): 1:55am On Apr 10
Politics is a means to an end and not the end itself. If your politics cannot improve the standard of living of your citizens, its bad politics. Means you've failed in achieving the purpose of politics.

Northerners and Nigerians at large practice bad politics and thats why Nigeria remains underdeveloped
Richtaiwo:
Northerners are very good in politics. Decoy is one of their most treasured fortresses. Politics is not as basic as the usual buying and selling of okirika clothes and spare parts. It goes far beyond that. It is also not about mounting 500 litre GP tanks in some places.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by DMerciful(m): 1:56am On Apr 10
If you like vote Tinubu in 2027, you're only doing yourself
Think9ja:
They need to tell the children of h8t what they want to hear. What did we not hear about Buhari before 2019?

Conduct elections today in Nigeria and you'll see the figures Tinubu will get from the North.

Before you start wailing rigging, Atiku is also from the north but he has never gotten block votes from the region ever since he started contesting. It was even last year that he did well because he won Katsina and Kaduna.

Tinubu jazz too strong. Forget all these talk

This guy came out to say it was his turn to be president and instead of us to rally round a strong opposition and ensure that sense of entitlement is not allowed in our leadership position, one idiot instead sprung out from no where and said he has all the solutions to Nigeria's problems since 1900. Unfortunately, an average Nigerian is dumb and emotional, so the idiot was able to easily convince them with dubious figures and emotional manipulation, thereby splitting votes for Tinubu to easily coast home to victory.

For Tinubu to make that declaration and he achieved it, he has won my vote for next election if God keeps me alive.

The baba weh weh de cook Tinubu jazz too strong. If I sabi that baba I go go patronize am sure

5 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Think9ja(m): 2:23am On Apr 10
Objectivist04:

O boy , this Obi hatred is real o but kwankwaso also left PDP and contested on a different platform and you Agbadorians rated him above Obi, so isn't he supposed to have caused more damage than Obi ? So why wailing about Obi but quiet on kwankwaso whom you rated above Obi , shebi there is something you don't want to tell us ?

Where did I mention your useless Obi?
How are you sure I'm not referring to Kwankwaso?

8 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Think9ja(m): 2:24am On Apr 10
DMerciful:
If you like vote Tinubu in 2027, you're only doing yourself

The worst of Tinubu is better than the best of your useless candidate

6 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Ofunaofu: 2:30am On Apr 10
Lizzysamuel:
While the failure in Aso Rock has deployed his e-rants to be attacking Obi😂

And they believe that attacking Peter Obi will make the north love their Aso rock failure

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Tflex01: 2:32am On Apr 10
Racoon:
grin grin grin

Una no dey ever tire sha. So your hope against Tinubu don shift to 2027? 😂

😂

3 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Ofunaofu: 2:35am On Apr 10
Think9ja:
They need to tell the children of h8t what they want to hear. What did we not hear about Buhari before 2019?

Conduct elections today in Nigeria and you'll see the figures Tinubu will get from the North.

Before you start wailing rigging, Atiku is also from the north but he has never gotten block votes from the region ever since he started contesting. It was even last year that he did well because he won Katsina and Kaduna.

Tinubu jazz too strong. Forget all these talk

This guy came out to say it was his turn to be president and instead of us to rally round a strong opposition and ensure that sense of entitlement is not allowed in our leadership position, one idiot instead sprung out from no where and said he has all the solutions to Nigeria's problems since 1900. Unfortunately, an average Nigerian is dumb and emotional, so the idiot was able to easily convince them with dubious figures and emotional manipulation, thereby splitting votes for Tinubu to easily coast home to victory.

For Tinubu to make that declaration and he achieved it, he has won my vote for next election if God keeps me alive.

The baba weh weh de cook Tinubu jazz too strong. If I sabi that baba I go go patronize am sure

This thread is about Northern elders regretting ever voting for Tinubu. Here you are fixated on some imaginary haters.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Tflex01: 2:35am On Apr 10
Objectivist04:

They don't know what will hit them, I just told them on the other thread that north will ditch them. What Obi needs to do is to pick a popular northerner and it is over for Tinubu.

Even their L
lord and savior Reno Omokri is full of praises for Obi over his borehole projects in the north and they are here fooling themselves.

I'm very sure you are not up to 20 years old, and you are probably having your first exposure to Nigerian politics 😂

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Tflex01: 2:38am On Apr 10
Penguin2:

Northern elders are now mushrooms?

Okay! They will remind you in 2027.

You saw where reference was made to Obi’s donations of boreholes in the north and how the spokesman reacted?

The point is that while you lots are on Nairaland arrogating yourselves the job of spokespersons for the north, the real northerners are noticing what is happening and are getting impressed.

Now your silly propaganda of Peter Obi hates the north will no longer stick.

See you in 2027!

Bros listen and listen good, Obi is not a threat to any major politician in Nigeria not to talk of Jagaban himself.

9 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Tflex01: 2:40am On Apr 10
Our South East brothers will never stop worshipping the North.

North this north that all the time. 😂

7 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by DMerciful(m): 3:26am On Apr 10
Then enjoy the worst of Tinubu
Think9ja:

The worst of Tinubu is better than the best of your useless candidate

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by ebufa: 3:50am On Apr 10
Richtaiwo:
Northerners are very good in politics. Decoy is one of their most treasured fortresses. Politics is not as basic as the usual buying and selling of okirika clothes and spare parts. It goes far beyond that. It is also not about mounting 500 litre GP tanks in some places.

Las las we will leave the accursed union for you professional politicians...........politics without sound economic management is poverty and we all know Nigeria plenty poor, The most poverty ridden crap hole this side of the universe! Just go to all the slums in Lagos and see people milling around in their millions like rats,,,,tufiakwa

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by SpatialKing(m): 3:55am On Apr 10
helinues:
The mushroom Northern elders.

The real northern elders are still waxing strong with their support for this excellency Tinubu.

May be Pdp elders sha

This was how GEJ lived in self denial and delusional
Before 2015 elections when South western and Northern elders told him they have been sidelined...

Tinubu needs every elder in the North if he plans to win 2027 elections.

Remember El Rufai no longer in his camp

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by faceland: 6:21am On Apr 10
Point of correction, you didn't vote him, and the same way he gained power, he will return it (except God says otherwise).

3 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Judgementa1: 6:47am On Apr 10
They are angry with Tinubu because baba don spoil their bureau de change business.

Nigeria does not belong to them. They can keep their support so far the country is moving Forward

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by pharmagba: 6:50am On Apr 10
iwaeda:
The Northern Elders Forum (NEF) has expressed regrets that the region voted for President Bola Tinubu in 2023.

Of the three leading candidates in the 2023 presidential election, Tinubu, who ran on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), polled the highest votes from the region.

In an interview with Guardian on Tuesday, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman, spokesman of the forum, said going forward, the region will prioritize unity and consensus in selecting a candidate for the highest office in the land.

Quizzed on the recent visit and donations by Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in the 2023 general elections, to communities in northern states, Suleiman said the region would prioritize someone who is seen as more inclusive, less controversial, and more aligned with the interests of all regions of the country.

“The North made a mistake in voting Bola Tinubu to the presidency in 2023, and it is unlikely that they will repeat the same error in the future.”

“They have learned from their past misstep and will strive to select a candidate who can unite the country and govern in the best interests of all Nigerians.

“Moving forward, the North will be more cautious in selecting a candidate for the presidency. They will prioritize someone who is seen as more inclusive, less controversial, and more aligned with the interests of all regions of the country.

“The mistake of supporting Tinubu in 2023 has taught them the importance of unity and consensus in selecting a candidate for the highest office in the land,” he was quoted as saying.

Tinubu has been widely criticised over some policies of his administration, which have been tagged as anti-masses.

Earlier in the week, former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, Tinubu’s main challenger in last year’s election, said the president’s policies lack human face.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate said this in reaction to the hike in electricity tarriff.

However, the president has consistently assured Nigerians that the worse days are over, saying his government has things under control.

After signing the Student Loan bill into law last week, Tinubu said the future of Nigerian children will be brighter as the path to take them out of poverty has been cleared.

He also said the economy was taking shape and step were being taken to tackle inflation.

“The only thing that can fight poverty is education. Today, I signed the bill for the Student Loan Scheme. Imagine the children of the poor; what about people going through the mud fishing in the ponds? How do you tell their children that their future will be brighter? It is only through education that we can fight poverty. A promising future awaits our children,” the president said at an Aso Rock dinner.

“The economy is looking much better. Yes, we have inflation challenges, but we will bring them down. When the exchange rate was going haywire, it looked like we were asleep, but we worked on it diligently, and it is going down; it is getting better. Borrowing was higher a year ago, but today, we are reengineering the financial landscape, and our revenue is expanding. And we are taking up our sovereignty and earning our respect back in the comity of nations.”

https://dailytrust.com/we-regret-voting-tinubu-northern-elders/
We know they voted for Atiku Abubakar

3 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Morbeta11(m): 6:59am On Apr 10
Richtaiwo:

What exactly is the benefits of their good politics......poverty?

1 Like

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by OriOko88(m): 7:36am On Apr 10
I never regret anything. Cos iv never voted anything ACN or APC since 2003 that I began to vote. APC na bad market. Pdp all d way
Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Fashionista01(f): 8:00am On Apr 10
It is too early for them to regret.

1 Like

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Objectivist04: 8:04am On Apr 10
Think9ja:

You can't hide behind your finger

I know how to make your guys look foolish
Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Objectivist04: 8:04am On Apr 10
Think9ja:

You can't hide behind a finger

I know how to make your guys look foolish
Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by iwaeda: 8:08am On Apr 10
Nlfpmod don't mind my people,next elections nothing will change. Same people will queue for kongo of rice, muddle of beans and one cube of Maggi. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Splashme: 8:10am On Apr 10
Kpakam
Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by yommen: 8:15am On Apr 10
I put it to the useless northern elders that Nigeria would not have been this worse if Tinubu had ruled during the time that Buhari ruled. Buhari was a bigger failure who only set traps for Tinubu.

5 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by iwaeda: 8:28am On Apr 10
flokii:

Just chill, you'd marvel at the level of support PBAT will get in the North come 2027.. the masses there are not chickens or goats without brain o.

Moreover, majority of the noisemakers calling themselves Northern elders supported either Atiku or Kwankwaso, they want to make it look as if they worked for PBAT's victory which is false. The Northerners themselves are tired of their bad leaders.

You must earn your living. The governors rigged for Tinubu and God rewarded some of them. grin grin
Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by CSTRR: 8:42am On Apr 10
Sorry, you have an IQ problem in the north.

You actually believe a tinubu would have been better for you than a Peter obi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Kwaramustgoodag: 8:45am On Apr 10
Ur lost

1 Like

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by phemmie06(m): 8:46am On Apr 10
Your regret never come, hold on for more
Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by Judolisco(m): 8:46am On Apr 10
U guys didn't vote for tinubu... You voted for Atiku.... Dis people think say dem wise grin

3 Likes

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by bluefilm: 8:47am On Apr 10
Nonsense angry

Tinubu till forever

Everybody must get sense

1 Like

Re: We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders by garfield1: 8:48am On Apr 10
CSTRR:
Sorry, you have an IQ problem in the north.

You actually believe a tinubu would have been better for you than a Peter obi.

They will never vote obi

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ISIS Accepts To Join Forces With Boko Haram / Greenfield University: "We Paid N180m For The Release Of Our Children" - Parents / Tinubu’s Ministerial List: APC Governors May Nominate 3 Persons From Each State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.