Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke (29246 Views)

AGN Executives Pay Condolence Visit To Late Jnr. Pope's Family (pics/video) / Lady Calls Out Jnr Pope's Wife For Blocking Her After She Tattooed His Logo / Jnr Pope Celebrates Wife, Jennifer's Birthday: Meeting You On Facebook .... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Father4all: 9:49am On Apr 11
MrJames007:
Can we read another news? undecided
create another news grin
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by vikstandon(m): 9:50am On Apr 11
AGN dey think sey the title of the movie and wetin happen finally makes Adanma a suspect.
Imagine titling your movie "The other side of life" and your actors come overboard.

Make una free her, na coincidence.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by MrJames007: 9:52am On Apr 11
Father4all:
create another news grin
That last vid he made touched me o. But which news is even real Thought they said mortician brought him back to live.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Callosobruchus: 9:54am On Apr 11
Yeah,typical of we black Africans,we never prevent,only when the disaster happens before we start thinking of curing.Unfortunately not all "sicknesses" can be cured.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Morbeta11(m): 9:55am On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
Many questions:

Mr./Mrs. Blogger and AGN, what exactly is Adamma's offense in this case? Be specific.

AGN, how does suspension of shooting along riverines mean the prevention of further boat mishaps? How does your suspension help those whose daily survival depends on boat transportation? Or, are you saying you don't care about Nigerians who do not belong to your production crews? Making life jackets compulsory for boat journeys is more effective than your suspension. I know you are not the government. But the right thing for you to do it to call on both the government and the public to improve transport systems.

Is suspending movie shooting along riverines better than making safety measures compulsory for such shootings? So, a movie producer that offers standard transport systems to his or her crew members should not go on with his or her production? Don't you sound unwise here?

How was the body of Junior Pope recovered from the river but the other victims are still missing? Was it just by a chance or was there a preferential treatment in the rescue attempt?

I know that Adamma should have provided standard transport systems for her team. I am not saying she is not guilty of anything here. But there are two facts here. One, other producers have previously and repeatedly used the method Adamma used, meaning that the AGN was never proactive. Therefore, AGN should equally blame and suspend itself. AGN should admit its flaws rather than putting all the blames on Adamma. Two, aren't the crew members old enough to insist on getting life jackets for the boat journey? Security requires collective efforts but the protection of your life begins with you.

The day I entered a boat, the skippers were careless. They had life jackets but asserted that I and my friends were safe without the jackets. This was in Lake Victoria oh (probably the deepest or biggest lake in Africa)! I and my friends insisted on wearing the jackets. At the middle of the journey, the boat started leaking. But no mishap. The point is that accident can happen but your safety begins with you.

Thank you so much for this brilliant write up
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Fredrickaig(m): 9:56am On Apr 11
Someone is saying what did Adamma who happens to be the producer did wrong.

Firstly it is so painful that until a situation gone from bad to worst and finally cut short the life a promises talent that Nigeria and Nigerians in the act of finding who to blame would engage in their normal tradition of fault finding.

What happened to Jnr Pope is a tradegy that would have been averted if our agencies are up and doing.

It is so unfortunately that a good man once again have left us, causing trauma and an unbearable vacuum in the lives of his immediate family. The kids and his wife.

The AGN should be charged to court for violating and tramping on the right,protection firstly these humans and secondary these talents.

Why would a movie that has scene to be shut on a body of water be disallowed?
An agency known for the instabilities and monetary wars.
Is not supposed to be mandatory by law,rules and common sense that scene shot on such location requires proper logistics and safety measures?

Are such talents meant to travel on water using a local made flying boat?
No safety measures taken by either the agency,producer and the actors involved.

There is a trending video of him make a video recording on water when he was heading to the location?
He knew what he was doing was totally wrong and yet he was doing it.
He knew his safety and protection should be paramount.
The Agency
The Producer
Should be detained and arrested.

Again I say Nigeria polarity have taken another soul.

Rest in Peace Jnr Pope
You deserved better from Nigeria.
We are sorry we failed you and your family.

Xox
Aigfredrick

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by KayyDee: 9:59am On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
Many questions:

Mr./Mrs. Blogger and AGN, what exactly is Adamma's offense in this case? Be specific.

AGN, how does suspension of shooting along riverines mean the prevention of further boat mishaps? How does your suspension help those whose daily survival depends on boat transportation? Or, are you saying you don't care about Nigerians who do not belong to your production crews? Making life jackets compulsory for boat journeys is more effective than your suspension.

If you look at it again carefully, you'll understand that the actors guild did exactly what they should do in the interim (i.e. "suspending"wink

They didn't say "banned"

It's after careful review of everything, including the remote and immediate causes of the incident, they can now fully apportion blames, sanctions and others.

Ideally, by then they'll lift the "suspensions".

I just hope they do it fast and good enough.

As for the producer, she may or may not have done her part well.

Investigation should reveal this.

Afterwards, I hope, if she's blameless
in all of this, her "suspension " be lifted and other rights & privileges restored.

Finally (again, hopefully) the AGN leadership can learn from this and create a stronger safety regulations for actors across all filming locations.

Also raise a strong taskforce to monitored strict adherence, and have adequate punishment met out to defaulters as appropriate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by immortalcrown(m): 10:01am On Apr 11
KayyDee:

If you look at it again carefully, you'll understand that the actors guild did exactly what they should do in the interim (i.e. "suspending"wink

They didn't say "banned"

It's after careful review of everything, including the remote and immediate causes of the incident, they can now fully apportion blames, sanctions and others.

Ideally, by then they'll lift the "suspensions".

I just hope they do it fast and good enough.

As for the producer, she may or may not have done her part well.

Investigation should reveal this.

Afterwards, I hope, if she's blameless
in all of this, her "suspension " be lifted and other rights & privileges restored.

Finally (again, hopefully) the AGN leadership can learn from this and create a stronger safety regulations for actors across all filming locations.

Also raise a strong taskforce to monitored strict adherence, and have adequate punishment met out to defaulters as appropriate.
But they have quickly sanctioned Adamma.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Prechgold1180(m): 10:02am On Apr 11
Otulented:
Am telling you ooo! You're shooting such a movie. You couldn't even provide a life jacket.

What if the movie was centered on showing the effects of traveling on a boat without safety jackets

Bcus I don’t understand
I have used that river niger to cross from Benin edo to kogi. Ede

They do rent out life jackets at the sides the price of a jacket is set as 1k.

As big as Jnr pope. Do u think they intentionally refused to give him the safety jacket
Why did he not ask for it.

Omo after all the hard work
He recently completed his building
Kids are so young
Wife is son young

Bro life is vanity

3 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by otipoju(m): 10:04am On Apr 11
Divoc19:
Safety Measures; must a tragedy occur before these measures should be put in place.

It’s only in Nigeria that a whole resident will not have a First Aid Box or Fire Extinguisher.

An average Nigeria can either not swim or perform CPR our pet a to pray and shout.

May we not be a victim.

There are more than a thousand ways to die.

Let’s talk small. We all have our own coming.

Peace.

I was in Lagos recently. 99 percent of the shared rides I used had no seat belts at the back because they had been removed.

I kept telling my fellow riders how risky this was and the purpose of seat belts and how is helps save lifes in an accident...but they would just shrugg me off as if I was speaking Greek.

Junior pope and his colleagues should never have boarded the boat without life jackets. They were adults fully aware of the risks that they were taking.

You may not use it 99% of the time but that 1 day that you may need it is when you will realise that you are doomed without it.

Nigerians are generally very careless with their lives. God will not do for man what man must do for himself

2 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by ComeToJesus: 10:05am On Apr 11
As usual, we only have sense when something bad happens in Nigeria. No pro activeness. We love being reactive.

Why was this not in your procedures before now?

A very little school in my neighborhood has a full compliment safety procedures in place for every activity including going for excursions and outside trips.

So painful that lives are being needlessly lost in this country..

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Father4all: 10:07am On Apr 11
MrJames007:
That last vid he made touched me o. But which news is even real Thought they said mortician brought him back to live.
no they couldn't. He is gone forever. Such is life!
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by MartinsD12(m): 10:17am On Apr 11
Globalinfo247:

Yours Sincerely,
DR,Ejezie Eureka Rollos MON
National President
Jnr pope mess up big time am not talking bad about the dead but everything no be cruise, junior pope cruise too much who does that ? Why would you enter a flying boat with live jackets why knowing fully well you can't swim , is it a must you must travel by that flying boat infact is it a must you must act in that movie location that requires going to riverside areas sometimes it's not every job we accept you reject some that can be life threatening from his life video before the incident you can tell he is terrified with water this is enough phobia to make him reject that movie role and why didn't him insist on getting life jacket an big actor as big as him catching cruise forget your own safety he contributed to his death , this is sad and this is coming at a time when the raining season is here anybody that is experience will know that travelling by flying boat in raining season is not good, anything can happen in raining season the river is not peaceful at all

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Candoit: 10:18am On Apr 11
Globalinfo247:

Yours Sincerely,
National President

Sad one. Almost happened to me sometime. Cannot swim too and no life jacket available to passengers
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:23am On Apr 11
SQLmastar:
sad
This move is a little overboard if you ask me. Why give an indefinite suspension to all movie sets within riverine areas? Why not enforce rules that would mandate the strict use of water safety equipment and body wear?
Please how can AGN enforced the law? Sometimes. You guys that claimed to know too much end up knowing nothing. It's not the responsibility of AGN or any other professional body to enforce any law but can only advice. NIWA is the body responsible for management of our waterways and they have patrol team in charge of that. The suspension of the use of waterways for movie by AGN is just an act of respect for the deceased
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Mitsurugi(m): 10:35am On Apr 11
LuQuLuQu:
Adanma Luke in a big trouble right now

But was she in charge of their safety too?

You don't know who an Executive Producer is oga.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Westwood2580: 10:38am On Apr 11
kings59:
Notice me people.

Just because some people died, they now know they will come out to speak.

That's one thing with Nigerians. They won't consider safety first.

There is a an electric pole in my area that wants to fall, no one wants to talk about it or protest for it to be changed.

People are waiting for it to fall before they blame the devil, that's if it kills someone.
Are you not human then why can't you talk God forbidden it happen to be someone related to u or yourself. Oga speak out

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by GodHimself: 10:38am On Apr 11
Sigh.

What an intelligent breed.

Globalinfo247:

Yours Sincerely,
National President
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by MartinsD12(m): 10:47am On Apr 11
DCmonster:
You opened your eyes read the press release and still mispelt the AGN president name.
Is your eyes paining you?
And what offense is there by misspelling an AGN president whom under his poor leadership many actors have Lost their lives because he is not proactive
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by nelsonose: 10:48am On Apr 11
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by nelsonose: 10:51am On Apr 11
We take things for granted too much in this country. Ordinary "Life-Jacket" could have averted this calamity.
The government should wake up in ensuring that basic safety precautions are observed in our daily lives through enforcement and public sensitisation jingles.
May the souls of the departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace!
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by MrJames007: 11:02am On Apr 11
Father4all:
no they couldn't. He is gone forever. Such is life!
hmm embarassed
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Heavensent01(m): 11:12am On Apr 11
Videoing on water have some consequences, water have their own habitat and walking over them without noise would have been fair

Even going to farm in the night have its consequences too, the plants too have their own world

We human must understand that all creatures have their own world and liveliness

I saw one dude making skit on the high sea pouring alcohol inside the water with the content sea get high and water almost took him away but he was wounded. Let's be guided pls
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Infoay: 11:22am On Apr 11
Well spoken.
immortalcrown:
Many questions:

AGN, how does suspension of shooting along riverines mean the prevention of further boat mishaps? How does your suspension help those whose daily survival depends on boat transportation? Or, are you saying you don't care about Nigerians who do not belong to your production crews? Making life jackets compulsory for boat journeys is more effective than your suspension. I know you are not the government. But the right thing for you to do it to call on both the government and the public to improve transport systems.

Is suspending movie shooting along riverines better than making safety measures compulsory for such shootings? So, a movie producer that offers standard transport systems to his or her crew members should not go on with his or her production? Don't you sound unwise here?

How was the body of Junior Pope recovered from the river but the other victims are still missing? Was it just by a chance or was there a preferential treatment in the rescue attempt?

I know that Adamma should have provided standard transport systems for her team. I am not saying she is not guilty of anything here. But there are two facts here. One, other producers have previously and repeatedly used the method Adamma used, meaning that the AGN was never proactive. Therefore, AGN should equally blame and suspend itself. AGN should admit its flaws rather than putting all the blames on Adamma. Two, aren't the crew members old enough to insist on getting life jackets for the boat journey? Security requires collective efforts but the protection of your life begins with you.

The day I entered a boat, the skippers were careless. They had life jackets but asserted that I and my friends were safe without the jackets. This was in Lake Victoria oh (probably the deepest or biggest lake in Africa)! I and my friends insisted on wearing the jackets. At the middle of the journey, the boat started leaking. But no mishap. The point is that accident can happen but your safety begins with you.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by tnerro1(m): 11:23am On Apr 11
After a few months all these things will be forgotten, people will still go and shoot movies on a boat with no life jacket or any safety equipment.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by ashawopikin(m): 12:07pm On Apr 11
Medicine after death
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:16pm On Apr 11
kings59:
Notice me people.

Just because some people died, they now know they will come out to speak.

That's one thing with Nigerians. They won't consider safety first.

There is a an electric pole in my area that wants to fall, no one wants to talk about it or protest for it to be changed.

People are waiting for it to fall before they blame the devil, that's if it kills someone.
what is delaying you from reporting also?
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Ishilove: 12:46pm On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
Many questions:

God forbid I enter any boat without a life jacket. I cannot swim so entering an open boat without a jacket is madness
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Truthsandtrusts: 1:53pm On Apr 11
Globalinfo247:

Yours Sincerely,
National President

After drinking their bloods ,all the deaths in your industry has to be checked
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by maasoap(m): 1:55pm On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
Your inability to answer them is more stupid.
Normal people don't answer useless questions
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by immortalcrown(m): 1:58pm On Apr 11
maasoap:

Normal people don't answer useless questions
Normal people don't pay attention to useless questions. Either my questions are useful or you are abnormal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Debbie Rise "RAGE" Tour In Abuja In Pictures / Salawa Abeni: Men Still Pester Me For Love / Uche Maduagwu Shades Davido For Not Featuring On Beyonce Album, Hails Wizkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.