Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke (29245 Views)

AGN Executives Pay Condolence Visit To Late Jnr. Pope's Family (pics/video) / Lady Calls Out Jnr Pope's Wife For Blocking Her After She Tattooed His Logo / Jnr Pope Celebrates Wife, Jennifer's Birthday: Meeting You On Facebook .... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by cutedharmee: 8:53am On Apr 11
God rest there soul

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by PortHarcourtcit(m): 8:53am On Apr 11
B
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by mushroomFarm: 8:53am On Apr 11
SEGLIZ:
are you done presenting your questionnaire?
Valid questions were raised. This is the problem with us in Nigeria. Drop valid counters, rebuff the questions with cogent and valid points rather than being stupid.

5 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by illicit(m): 8:53am On Apr 11
Why will an adult only child who has a wife and 3 kids agree to go a on a boat ride without life saving measures?

That's not wise

🤕

2 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Makunahatata: 8:53am On Apr 11
Adanma don buy market

3 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by CoolAmbience(m): 8:54am On Apr 11
LuQuLuQu:
Adanma Luke in a big trouble right now

But was she in charge of their safety too?

To a large extent, yes.

2 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by DMerciful(m): 8:54am On Apr 11
They need to do proper investigation and come up with solid action plan to prevent recurrence and not this emotional reaction

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by FireUpNow(m): 8:54am On Apr 11
The AGN should also make wearing of life-jacket mandatory for any actor or actress involve in a movie shootings in the riverine areas or anywhere near water. Also actors and actresses should have basic swimming lessons.

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by immortalcrown(m): 8:54am On Apr 11
maasoap:

Stupid and senseless questions
Your inability to answer them is more stupid.

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by thomasjoe(m): 8:54am On Apr 11
Come off it ...is the person shooting the movie supposed to provide life jacket ? Is it not the transporter ?
Why did they not insist on wearing life jacket ?

Why not echo the need for safety precautions instead of banning movies being shot around riverine areas?

Rip to the dead !

Otulented:
Am telling you ooo! You're shooting such a movie. You couldn't even provide a life jacket.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Makunahatata: 8:54am On Apr 11
illicit:
Why will an adult only child who has a wife and 3 kids agree to go a on a boat ride without life saving measures?

That's not wise

🤕
this na medicine after death
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by mu2sa2: 8:55am On Apr 11
2Radii:
Lakaaka

My question is why were they not on live jackets??

I can never be in boat without my live jacket on..same with swimming pool, I must have my tube with me
Life jacket, not live jacket.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by 79733139(m): 8:55am On Apr 11
The producer of the movie takes all the blame in a situation like this. It is her responsibility to ensure that life jackets and other safety measures were taken to ensure the safety of the actors and crew. And let us assumed something bad still happened, she could always list all the things that she did right and would be absolved of any form of negligence.

LuQuLuQu:
Adanma Luke in a big trouble right now

But was she in charge of their safety too?

3 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Omoluabi16(m): 8:55am On Apr 11
Nollywood... Where there's no control or any form of regulation. Anybody and everybody na producer and director, they churn out stupid movies all the time. The AGN should henceforth implement better work standards for every movie.

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by 2Radii: 8:56am On Apr 11
SQLmastar:
sad
This move is a little overboard if you ask me. Why give an indefinite suspension to all movie sets within riverine areas? Why not enforce rules that would mandate the strict use of water safety equipment and body wear?
Baba abeg can u teach me SQLAlchemy??
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by We4all: 8:56am On Apr 11
Wawu! Medicine after death.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by 2Radii: 8:56am On Apr 11
mu2sa2:
Life jacket, not live jacket.
Thanks bro
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by simonsayz: 8:57am On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
Many questions:

Mr./Mrs. Blogger and AGN, what exactly is Adamma's offense in this case? Be specific.

AGN, how does suspension of shooting along riverines mean the prevention of further boat mishaps? How does your suspension help those whose daily survival depends on boat transportation? Or, are you saying you don't care about Nigerians who do not belong to your production crews? I know you are not the government. But the right thing for you to do it to call on both the government and the public to improve transport systems.

How was the body of Junior Pope recovered from the river but the other victims are still missing? Was it just by chance or was there a preferential treatment in the rescue attempt?

The offense of the producer is dat before you shoot a movie in such an environment you must provide adequate security on water and on ground that is standard, Good boats and not dat shitty boat they boarded…my bits tho

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by whippersnapper(m): 8:58am On Apr 11
ZombieDetective:
angry... Medicine after death...

You cannot swim but you enter small boat without lifejacket
if God talk say na your time and place of death e must sup e go make you forget sef
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by proff010: 8:58am On Apr 11
Blame the government of that state, because they did not sanction boat riders without jacket. Lagos lead
How can they enter a boat without life jacket those actors self and they are the one forming big boy. R.I.P
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by immortalcrown(m): 8:58am On Apr 11
simonsayz:
The offense of the producer is dat before you shoot a movie in such an environment you must provide adequate security on water and on ground that is standard, Good boats and not dat shitty boat they boarded…my bits tho
Your point is correct. But let the answer come from the AGN because other producers have done it like Adamma did this time and the AGN was never proactive. Also, are the crew members not human being? Why don't the crew members insist on getting life jackets?

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by sunsweet33: 8:58am On Apr 11
I said it. No way an actor should be putting themselves in danger to, from and during filming. Their safety should be budgeted and accounted for by the production crew.

In fact lawyers should go through the guys contract with a fine-tooth comb. I’m sure it must have been mentioned somewhere in there.

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by jobgbemi(m): 8:59am On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
Many questions:

Mr./Mrs. Blogger and AGN, what exactly is Adamma's offense in this case? Be specific.

AGN, how does suspension of shooting along riverines mean the prevention of further boat mishaps? How does your suspension help those whose daily survival depends on boat transportation? Or, are you saying you don't care about Nigerians who do not belong to your production crews? I know you are not the government. But the right thing for you to do it to call on both the government and the public to improve transport systems.

How was the body of Junior Pope recovered from the river but the other victims are still missing? Was it just by chance or was there a preferential treatment in the rescue attempt?

1. The owner of the production is responsible for the crew's safety. He should provide sound boats, responsible boat drivers, suitable and adequate life jackets and provisions of life guards as part of emergency preparedness.

2. The Guild is responsible to the actors first and that's what they are doing. When the activities are suspended, it would provide them time to mourn the deceased, review filming around or on water ways and put specific frameworks and requirements in place.
I don't think it's government responsibility to provide boat to people that are shooting movies.
The producer is responsible for putting all the actions in Number 1 in place. The producer is also responsible for informing the required government agency, naval or marine police department about their activities. All these were not done.

3. I don't think there is any preferential treatment in water rescue. The rescuers basically enter the water and bring out people they see as the search and rescue continues.

I hope I tried. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by We4all: 8:59am On Apr 11
SQLmastar:
sad
This move is a little overboard if you ask me. Why give an indefinite suspension to all movie sets within riverine areas? Why not enforce rules that would mandate the strict use of water safety equipment and body wear?

Don't mind them. I just don't know how some people reason.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by We4all: 9:01am On Apr 11
jobgbemi:

1. The owner of the production is responsible for the crew's safety. He should provide sound boats, responsible boat drivers, suitable and adequate life jackets and provisions of life guards as part of emergency preparedness.

2. The Guild is responsible to the actors first and that's what they are doing. When the activities are suspended, it would provide them time to mourn the deceased, review filming around or on water ways and put specific frameworks and requirements in place.
I don't think it's government responsibility to provide boat to people that are shooting movies.
The producer is responsible for putting all the actions in Number 1 in place. The producer is also responsible for informing the required government agency, naval or marine police department about their activities. All these were not done.

3. I don't think there is any preferential treatment in water rescue. The rescuers basically enter the water and bring out people they see as the search and rescue continues.

I hope I tried. Thanks

Rather the production/location manager were supposed to be responsible for the aforementioned.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by immortalcrown(m): 9:01am On Apr 11
jobgbemi:

I hope I tried. Thanks
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by 22o62021: 9:02am On Apr 11
TC virus was also in that boat but he was concentrated and he survived by holding on to the boat rope
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Patriotic9ja(m): 9:02am On Apr 11
Irrational decisions full of mere emotions. This lacks rationality
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by JerryJJZ(m): 9:03am On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
Many questions:

AGN, how does suspension of shooting along riverines mean the prevention of further boat mishaps? How does your suspension help those whose daily survival depends on boat transportation? Or, are you saying you don't care about Nigerians who do not belong to your production crews? Making life jackets compulsory for boat journeys is more effective than your suspension. I know you are not the government. But the right thing for you to do it to call on both the government and the public to improve transport systems.

How was the body of Junior Pope recovered from the river but the other victims are still missing? Was it just by a chance or was there a preferential treatment in the rescue attempt?

1. To your first question, a bolt capsized and he couldnt provide any professional help. Taking shoots on a river as huge as RN without lifejackets is a mistake. Going to location without medial team is another mistake. Unprofessional handling of the bodies is the mother of all mistakes. Even if he is clueless, rushing to a hospital on time could have made the difference.

2. Guidelines MUST be provided for those who wish to shoot at the riverrine area. Procedures and standard must be laid down to be followed. Otherwise, we may be in for another reckless news.

3. You read perfectly where 'crews' were mentioned. Other crews bodies' are still yet to be found.

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by BluntCrazeMan: 9:04am On Apr 11
Globalinfo247:

Yours Sincerely,
DR,Ejezie Eureka Rollos MON
National President
Your App didn't translate this name very well..
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by ZombieDetective: 9:06am On Apr 11
whippersnapper:
if God talk say na your time and place of death e must sup e go make you forget sef
grin one of the mentality that made them enter without lifejacket

2 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by whippersnapper(m): 9:07am On Apr 11
ZombieDetective:

grin one of the mentality that made them enter without lifejacket
the way you dey talk e be like say you no go die oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Flavour Receives Chieftaincy Title In Liberia (pics) / Paul Okoye Pictured With His Son And Twins / Cee-C Wows In Ankara Jumpsuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.