Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke (29236 Views)

AGN Executives Pay Condolence Visit To Late Jnr. Pope's Family (pics/video) / Lady Calls Out Jnr Pope's Wife For Blocking Her After She Tattooed His Logo / Jnr Pope Celebrates Wife, Jennifer's Birthday: Meeting You On Facebook .... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Shallaibgin: 2:00pm On Apr 11
I don't just understand!!!

It was earlier alleged that the aftermath of the boat mishap led to his death which confirmed by the morgue themselves.

Not long afterwards we heard from the AGN debunking the claim of his death that Jnr Pope is alive.

Now alas the AGN are saying he is dead

Why are u guys fooling yourselfs & portraying yourselfs as confusionist. Ahhh!!!
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by SEGLIZ: 2:30pm On Apr 11
mushroomFarm:

Valid questions were raised. This is the problem with us in Nigeria. Drop valid counters, rebuff the questions with cogent and valid points rather than being stupid.
I was expecting you to be more reasonable than I was but the moment you slide to insulting you became less reasonable than I was.
valid question with aggression to the wrong quarters. they chose to be proactive with the issue at hand, why question their effort wrongly?
actors guild not using the water ways don't mean others won't, making it look like the actors are major user of our water ways is a NO! NO!! NO!!!
for safety on our water ways it is still not the duty of the actors guild but government enforcement of lifejacket, facing out those old canoes for better and stabilized boat for any purpose (be it transportation, fishing etc).
sure you're satisfied with this.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by DaTruths: 3:27pm On Apr 11
2Radii:
Lakaaka

My question is why were they not on live jackets??

I can never be in boat without my live jacket on..same with swimming pool, I must have my tube with me

Tube in a pool?

If you don't know how to swim better steer off from water, basketball no be for dwarves.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by 2Radii: 3:36pm On Apr 11
DaTruths:

Tube in a pool?

If you don't know how to swim better steer off from water, basketball no be for dwarves.
And who ask u for ur opinion or concerns??
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by toujurs: 3:42pm On Apr 11
But what she the cause? All these eyeservice judgements
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Mrexcell(m): 3:58pm On Apr 11
jeff1993:
Nigerians in general are very lackadaisical to safety measures. Our best mantra is na God dey protect us forgetting that God protects ts those who take extra effort to protect themselves.

How will u be going on a water transport without life jackets and floaters forgetting that it takes just only a sec for change of events to occur. To think he was even doing a video telling the guy to slow down that he is a father of four kids is very sad.

Now to the Useless actors guild, why are they banning the Adama ?? ... Is it the producers fault?? ... Accidents do Happen!!! ... should the Adama be the one to tell grown up actors to be on life jackets while crossing the niger??.... Is the Adanma the one riding the boat??

Na until death happen na him Nigerians dey know say dem keep medicine for Cupboard!!!

She deserves to be blamed and banned for not providing safety for her crew.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by KayyDee: 4:24pm On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
But they have quickly sanctioned Adamma.

Did they say "no one should ever work with her from now onwards" ?

So, it's a suspension for now I believe.

That's why I believe that after investigation things will take a more definitive shape.

It's similar to govt shutting down a school because a student died in the hostel.

It's a first step.

After investigations , as we have always seen, the school is reopened.

Will you now say that, because the school was once closed, they have been sanctioned?

Of course, if the school is unnecessarily closed for long time, it can affect their revenue as well as the students. So in that case it can look like a punishment.

So, that's why we all hope they start the investigation soonest, and also make their investigations swift and quick. So that blames (if any) will be apportioned accordingly.

But for now, "suspension " is NOT a punishment at this time.

It's more of a necessity to a good investigation.

I know that the tone of AGN leadership at some point may seem vindictive to the producer.

But then someone /people died.

So, you may understand that emotions are currently high.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by TUANKU(m): 6:32pm On Apr 11
Bloggers, Social Media Influenza (Influencer) and all manner of clout chasers will have all manner of opinions on this guys death, not like most of them truly care. By next week they would move on like zombies to another trending issue and JP and his family will become history,we've seen it several times.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by BalogunIdowu(m): 6:55pm On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
Many questions:

Mr./Mrs. Blogger and AGN, what exactly is Adamma's offense in this case? Be specific.

AGN, how does suspension of shooting along riverines mean the prevention of further boat mishaps? How does your suspension help those whose daily survival depends on boat transportation? Or, are you saying you don't care about Nigerians who do not belong to your production crews? Making life jackets compulsory for boat journeys is more effective than your suspension. I know you are not the government. But the right thing for you to do it to call on both the government and the public to improve transport systems.

Is suspending movie shooting along riverines better than making safety measures compulsory for such shootings? So, a movie producer that offers standard transport systems to his or her crew members should not go on with his or her production? Don't you sound unwise here?

How was the body of Junior Pope recovered from the river but the other victims are still missing? Was it just by a chance or was there a preferential treatment in the rescue attempt?

I know that Adamma should have provided standard transport systems for her team. I am not saying she is not guilty of anything here. But there are two facts here. One, other producers have previously and repeatedly used the method Adamma used, meaning that the AGN was never proactive. Therefore, AGN should equally blame and suspend itself. AGN should admit its flaws rather than putting all the blames on Adamma. Two, aren't the crew members old enough to insist on getting life jackets for the boat journey? Security requires collective efforts but the protection of your life begins with you.

The day I entered a boat, the skippers were careless. They had life jackets but asserted that I and my friends were safe without the jackets. This was in Lake Victoria oh (probably the deepest or biggest lake in Africa)! I and my friends insisted on wearing the jackets. At the middle of the journey, the boat started leaking. But no mishap. The point is that accident can happen but your safety begins with you.

Everyone is always active when things happen, and though such experiences have been happening and people have been lucky to scale with it.

Learn from this to protect future cases at least. It's fine to persecute Adanma but make una no do like say na them offend pass.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Babinski: 6:56pm On Apr 11
LuQuLuQu:
Adanma Luke in a big trouble right now

But was she in charge of their safety too?

As the Producer of the movie on which set these tragedies happened, she is liable. She is actually responsible for the safety of the crew and actors engaged in her movies. In the USA and saner climes, she would be sued by the families of deceased. In those developed countries, one of the practices is ensuring safety on set and even getting insurance to cover anyone hurt while on set.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by mushroomFarm: 9:14pm On Apr 11
SEGLIZ:
I was expecting you to be more reasonable than I was but the moment you slide to insulting you became less reasonable than I was.
valid question with aggression to the wrong quarters. they chose to be proactive with the issue at hand, why question their effort wrongly?
actors guild not using the water ways don't mean others won't, making it look like the actors are major user of our water ways is a NO! NO!! NO!!!
for safety on our water ways it is still not the duty of the actors guild but government enforcement of lifejacket, facing out those old canoes for better and stabilized boat for any purpose (be it transportation, fishing etc).
sure you're satisfied with this.
I didn't read your nonsense. You should be so ashamed of yourself especially when you think you are right and refused to see your stupidity. You should see how many people on the thread takes you for a joke. grin cheesy
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Emdebby2: 10:41pm On Apr 11
Nigeria has a long way to go.
I don't think baning of movies around the riverine areas is the solution. What if it was a road accident, will you suspend acting on the streets?
Going on a boat trip requires safety measures, the movie producer should have provided life jackets for the crew members. As a human that value life, if you find yourself in such a risky situation, kindly request for a life jacket.
"The other side of life".... The journey of no return.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by seeme2(f): 10:58pm On Apr 11
Another evidence that Igbo sense is poor sense.

Now, pray tell :

1. How is filming in riverine area connected to the lost of Jnr Pope. So if something happens in Enugu-Onitsha road you'd cancel all movies in that road? I don't get.

2. What is Adamma Luke's offence in all of these? Is she supposed to police adults into wearing their safety vest? I think this is just opportunity to kill the lady's investment. Normal Igbo hate towards their own.

I have been watching Igbos since 2022 and a lot have been exposed about them recently. So far very disappointed.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by PaNnamdi: 11:34pm On Apr 11
JerryJJZ:

1. To your first question, a bolt capsized and he couldnt provide any professional help. Taking shoots on a river as huge as RN without lifejackets is a mistake. Going to location without medial team is another mistake. Unprofessional handling of the bodies is the mother of all mistakes. Even if he is clueless, rushing to a hospital on time could have made the difference.

2. Guidelines MUST be provided for those who wish to shoot at the riverrine area. Procedures and standard must be laid down to be followed. Otherwise, we may be in for another reckless news.

3. You read perfectly where 'crews' were mentioned. Other crews bodies' are still yet to be found.
Boat u dey spell am bolt grin grin grin
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by SEGLIZ: 6:24am On Apr 12
mushroomFarm:

I didn't read your nonsense. You should be so ashamed of yourself especially when you think you are right and refused to see your stupidity. You should see how many people on the thread takes you for a joke. grin cheesy
I thought as much, sorry I don't do lunat's and psychopath.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Chykes403: 8:14am On Apr 12
Nigerians are funny. Is it about suspending movie production in riverine areas or applying stringent safety measures to avoid more mishaps.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by victorazy(m): 1:38pm On Apr 13
Mandate2023:

Make nollywood get boat 😂 which kind mumu comment be dis, so if dey need boat in lagos or anywhere else dey will just go and carry d boat abi from PH

What happen to transportation companies......even super Eagles use lag ferry from lagos to play match in Benin republic......dis things happen every day, state govt with riverine areas should invest in water transportation like lagos state and mandate all private boat owners to provide life jacket for their passengers

This ewu don't know the major cities they use for Nollywood movie productions. How many movies have you seen acted in Port Harcourt? Mugu!

In Hollywood, Will Smith has what they call Motorhome, he use it to travel to any part in US where there is location for movie.

Lagos & Asaba supposed have Nollywood Boat.
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by Mandate2023: 5:57pm On Apr 19
victorazy:

This ewu don't know the major cities they use for Nollywood movie productions. How many movies have you seen acted in Port Harcourt? Mugu!

In Hollywood, Will Smith has what they call Motorhome, he use it to travel to any part in US where there is location for movie.

Lagos & Asaba supposed have Nollywood Boat.

Sounding very gullible as usual

Dumb crack head
Re: Jnr Pope: AGN Suspends All Movies In Riverine Areas, Boat, Bans Adanma Luke by victorazy(m): 11:00pm On Apr 19
Mandate2023:

Sounding very gullible as usual

Dumb crack head

Coconut head grin

Argue with me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Home Alone Star: Macaulay Culkin Not Looking So Great / Cynthia Morgan To Adopt 16-year-old Mariam From The North / Singer Tems Shows Off Her Huge Backside In Bikini (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.