Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help - Pets (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help (64080 Views)

I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) / Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) / What Is The Name Of This Bird? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by twilliamx(m): 3:13pm On Apr 14
Keepamsafe:
Just last night, this bird flew into my house. Well, it had a nest in my AC unit hole, so when I scattered its house just yesterday morning, when I got back in the evening, I realized a bird had fallen into my house through the hole.

Well, eating it is out of the picture grin grin. I support vegetarians but I eat meats not birds grin. Im thinking of keeping it as a pet, it’s been flying up and down in the house with no success of finding its way out, and thus weak and exhausted. I know birds are fragile and difficult to train. Should I keep it? Any idea the breed? Or what to feed it, Or I just let it go back to it’s habitat so we don’t stress eachother. Im confused. Help.

Im in a dilemma. help please.
Set it free. Unless it is injured and can't fly
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by etrange: 3:23pm On Apr 14
That's a swift. Please, release it. I keep a lot of birds myself, and I've come to realize that most people that keep wild birds as pets just because they accidentally flew into thier houses end up not knowing how to take care of the birds. You're not prepared to keep it. You probably don't even know what it eats or the kind of cage it requires.

Going by the way the wings are spread out and the mouth open, it's extremely stressed and dehydrated. It's also a baby bird with poor flight skills. To help it, give it some water, keep it for a few minutes to rejuvenate and then release somewhere near the place you saw it hoping that it reconnects with the parents or others of its kind. Swifts are social birds.

You're a nice person for not killing it!
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Jungleluv5: 3:25pm On Apr 14
This bird is called swallow
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by akpunda86: 3:35pm On Apr 14
Keepamsafe:
Just last night, this bird flew into my house. Well, it had a nest in my AC unit hole, so when I scattered its house just yesterday morning, when I got back in the evening, I realized a bird had fallen into my house through the hole.

Well, eating it is out of the picture grin grin. I support vegetarians but I eat meats not birds grin. Im thinking of keeping it as a pet, it’s been flying up and down in the house with no success of finding its way out, and thus weak and exhausted. I know birds are fragile and difficult to train. Should I keep it? Any idea the breed? Or what to feed it, Or I just let it go back to it’s habitat so we don’t stress eachother. Im confused. Help.

Ur location I want it back that is My flying partner
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by akpunda86: 3:36pm On Apr 14
Keepamsafe:

Ur location I want it back that is My flying partner
Ur location pls that guy took off from Enugu
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Mase2020g(m): 4:02pm On Apr 14
What if Na witch when miss road grin grin grin
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Richyfj(m): 4:02pm On Apr 14
It would make sense if there is a garden in your compound buy a cage hang it in the garden...
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Medici777: 4:09pm On Apr 14
Keepamsafe:

it’s not your prisoner so free it! It’s meant to be free!!!
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by chiboycue: 4:10pm On Apr 14
Keepamsafe:

Anoint the bird with anointing oil and prayers and then you are free to keep it as a pet
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Ubanz: 4:10pm On Apr 14
Beautiful Swallow.
It's a migratory bird. Checkout the body,there might be a tracking tag.
The specie mostly migrate from Italy to Nigeria and go back when the climate is conducive.
They can travel for months without perching.
Please release the bird if u can't feed it or if it's not wounded .

https://nigeria.wcs.org/About-Us/News/ID/967/Cross-Rivers-Boje-sees-invasion-of-rare-migratory-birds.aspx
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Matabue1985: 4:15pm On Apr 14
Forumites:
what a fine bird. Find out what it eats or set it free.
just see the way the bird dey look you with one eye and dey tell he self say God na which kind wahalla be this na! The bird already knew that we Nigerians are savages! He is lucky he landed inside the right room because like say na one guy for nairaland here room he enter, I non won mention name he for don roast the poor bird since take drink garri

1 Like

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by opribo(m): 4:18pm On Apr 14
Leave it in the house till tomorrow and see what happens.
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by SeriouslySense(m): 4:36pm On Apr 14
hope am not offensive, no intended. its just a petty talk, seem you take it so serious cheesy
I agree with wat you say, it should be ensured the bird is strong to fly on its own. After that it should be freed
albert2512:

He asked opinions about keeping it as a pet n I answered based on that sir.
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by davidque: 4:49pm On Apr 14
That's a swallow
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Azaland(f): 5:35pm On Apr 14
You can keep it for a while. Make sure you feed it. Cater to it. Love it. Protect it. And let it go when after few days.
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by goldmatrix(m): 6:34pm On Apr 14
What is the plantain doing there, sure you aren't planing something like peppersoup? 😁
Please that bird is less than 3weeks old.
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Thabothabo101: 6:40pm On Apr 14
That’ll make a nice pot of bird peppersoup.
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Canberra55: 6:49pm On Apr 14
Anijay1212:
Please release the poor bird back into the wild.
I don't want that poor bird to die for nothing.
angry angry angry

Someone said the bird flew into his house, you said he should release it into the wild. Are you implying the OP is a wild animal living in the forest ?
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by dawaxkydada: 7:14pm On Apr 14
That birdis a swallow it does not stand and it feeds only on insects look for a place to free it you have to throw it cause it can fly from the ground
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by lokito: 7:24pm On Apr 14
Keepamsafe:

I hope you don't intend to eat that bird. This one I'm seeing plantain close to it.
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by ifinger: 7:24pm On Apr 14
Keepamsafe:

Let it go they are migratory bird called House Swift they are from Asia 🌏
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by passendi: 7:47pm On Apr 14
BscHolder:
do you still have Sense?
Take it or leave it. Do not say I did not warn you
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by lesson44: 8:00pm On Apr 14
I don’t know the original name in English but we call it God bird in Benin. They build their nest in people homes. Traditionally we are not permitted to kill or eat it. Please release the bird, I believe it still learning how to fly.
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Speedy33(m): 8:20pm On Apr 14
Keepamsafe:

that's a sparrow, they live in colony and breed in colony too they eat flying insects while in flight and can't normally fly back up if they fall or land on the ground they need a slight elevation to achieve that by diving off first or if you can throw it up for the boost.
Just check up more on swallows[color=#006600][/color]
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by stella9(f): 8:30pm On Apr 14
; grin
PointZerom:
Na your village people send am.
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Echo50(m): 8:41pm On Apr 14
Why are you putting plantain close to the bird? Hope it is not what my mind is telling me.......
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by kingxsamz(m): 8:49pm On Apr 14
Keepamsafe:

Lol, oga let that thing fly away. Keep it for what? What is it supposed to be doing in your house?
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by walteriyke: 8:53pm On Apr 14
[quote author=Forumites post=129427727]what a fine bird. Find out what it eats or set it free. [/quoteWhat do swifts eat? Swifts are insectivores. They eat mosquitoes, moths, aphids and a variety of other flying insects. They are not fussy!]
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by ajol1990(m): 9:25pm On Apr 14
Na Village People send am this is not ordinary
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Anijay1212(m): 9:59pm On Apr 14
Canberra55:

Someone said the bird flew into his house, you said he should release it into the wild. Are you implying the OP is a wild animal living in the forest ?
That's not what i am implying o...
grin grin grin
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by 3kay945(m): 10:00pm On Apr 14
If that bird hook your eye balls while sleeping ehn... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Loan Defaulter Paints His Dog As Tiger To Scare Away Palmpay Officers In Anambra / Can You Trust Your Dog With Your Baby Like This? (pics) / Two Manatees Caught In River Benue. Boys Charge N100 Per View (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.