Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus (9729 Views)

"I Used To Sell Kaikai And Drink To Stupor But Jesus Saved Me". When i / She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me / Sorry To Tell You, But Jesus Is Not Returning On September 23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by ITbomb(m): 12:44pm On Apr 14
Next time, stop preaching to them and instead share the gospel with them.

Difference?

When preaching, the whole focus is that you are a wretched sinner and need to repent. In other words, you have already condemn them.

Sharing the gospel entails more about stories (or gists) about life enhancement in Christ.

Even as a Christian, I meet you in a long journey and you start telling me about sin and the threat of hellfire, I will shut you down. You don't even care about what made me to embark on the journey or any topic of mutual interest.
See Apostle Paul approach to winning souls for Christ

1 Like

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by Originalsly: 12:49pm On Apr 14
jesusjnr2020:

When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus

That was it and the same girl that was so passionately singing "be magnified oh Lord" and even corrected me when I got the lyrics wrong suddenly switched to silent mode.

I was wondering what I had done wrong or said that made her suddenly stop talking to me.

She refused to talk to me again in the bus just because I started preaching to her about Jesus.

Do you know what she wanted to talk about?.... yes/no? You didn't give her a chance to say anything but have jumped to conclusion. Maybe she wanted to tell you how Jesus got into her life ... but you're too full of yourself believing she wants a relationship. Do you know if she is married?... or about to be married?... and maybe want to extend an invitation?

If she corrected you with the lyrics .... didn't it show at that point that she is more a Christian than you? ... that if you shut up you may learn more from her?

You started preaching to her. When a pastor is preaching ... what do the people do?... don't they remain quiet? ... isn't that what she did? ... so why you have an issue with her being silent?

The trip ended while you were still preaching... what you expected her to do?... stand around and wait for the sermon to end? Bro... check yourself ... the same Bible warns about people like you .... self judgement and judging others.

1 Like

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by Azazyel: 1:11pm On Apr 14
jesusjnr2020:
The second girl was someone I met in a cab after evening church service, on my way home. I decided to preach to her about Jesus, and initially when she didn't know what I was up to, she was all ears and very responsive. However once I started talking about Jesus, she snubbed me. She didn't seem interested in that kind of conversation at all.

I persisted though and wouldn't easily give up on her despite her snub, so I continued even after we had come down from the car, and followed her and was still telling her about Jesus. Even my friend who was in the car with me was just laughing at the back, as if saying that she must agree by fire or by force.

The girl surprisingly though stopped and made it clear to me that she was interested in talking with me but not about Jesus.

She seemed to be giving me a last chance to tell her something else instead, however since that was all I wanted to speak to her about, I had to let her go since accepting Jesus wasn't by force but by choice, and she's apparently made hers.

God bless.

You're a talkative. Why can't you serve Jesus on your own and stop making people's lives miserable? The day you collect slap that would shift your jaw is coming
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by safarifarms(m): 1:21pm On Apr 14
MuslimIgbo:
Such girl MUST be very smart.
Most XTAINS are just self-consumed and egotistical in their beliefs.
2000 gods and almost 3000 religions exists but every other person is wrong except them grin
BECAUSE THEIR BIBLE (WHAT THEY WROTE THEMSELVES) SAYS SO grin grin grin

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by zagorakis(m): 1:43pm On Apr 14
You need to get a job rather than harassing people in the name of preaching Jesus to them.
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by mercy87(f): 2:49pm On Apr 14
EbullientBro:
I have experience that, she even sing in the church choir but whenever I want to share the word of God with her while we are chatting, she will slow her response or say stop. but whenever we chat dirty, she becomes fully active and lively.
Lust generation embarassed

So you chat dirty and still share the Word with her. Congratulations. Continue to deceive yourself.

1 Like

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by Bonapart(m): 3:22pm On Apr 14
AbuTwins:
Your own too much?

Did Jesus ever tell anyone to preach about him?

Jesus was preaching the gospel not himself!
you haven't read the Bible. The Apostles preached nothing else but Jesus Christ. "They preached to him Jesus"

1 Like

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by BeigJawnson(m): 3:29pm On Apr 14
AbuTwins:
Your own too much?

Clown
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by BeigJawnson(m): 3:39pm On Apr 14
geoworldedu:
That's a right thinking girl. Species like that are very rare in this backward Africa. As in, why will a girl in Nigeria want to talk of an Israeli corpse when we have many nice and handsome Nigerian guys?
Some backward women will go to the extend of saying, "I am married to Jesus, Satan leave me alone." As if Satan has time to woo African girls before undecided
you heard about the death of the person you called Israeli corpse, didnt you also hear about His resurrection?
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by geoworldedu: 3:48pm On Apr 14
BeigJawnson:
you heard about the death of the person you called Israeli corpse, didnt you also hear about His resurrection?
The point is that Sango, the god of our ancestors died, was burnt and then resurrected too. Didn't you hear about his resurrection? Gbenga Adeboye died and resurrected, didn't you hear it? Ola Dips the musician died and resurrected. Didn't you hear it? Mellen Thomas Benedict the non-religious man died and resurrected. Didn't you hear it?
So out of all these resurrected soul, why do you think a right thinking girl will prefer to be married to the risen corpse of a smelly caveman of 2000 years back when all these ones I just mentioned apart from Sango was very recent in the 21st century. But if you must be married to a corpse by force, why can't you choose Sango, the one from your ancestors instead of a gayish person like Jesus? cool
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by unclemaths(m): 3:52pm On Apr 14
jesusjnr2020:

I persisted though and wouldn't easily give up on her despite her snub, so I continued even after we had come down from the car, and followed her and was still telling her about Jesus. Even my friend who was in the car with me was just laughing at the back, as if saying that she must agree by fire or by force.

I noticed some RED FLAGS that might have put her off.
1. You were kind of being a pest.
2. You exhibited this "Holier than thou" attitude.
3. You probably dominated the conversation.

SUGGESTIONS: Go over the gospel accounts again and learn a few tricks from the LORD himself.

1 Like

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by BeigJawnson(m): 4:14pm On Apr 14
geoworldedu:
The point is that Sango, the god of our ancestors died, was burnt and then resurrected too. Didn't you hear about his resurrection? Gbenga Adeboye died and resurrected, didn't you hear it? Ola Dips the musician died and resurrected. Didn't you hear it? Mellen Thomas Benedict the non-religious man died and resurrected. Didn't you hear it?
So out of all these resurrected soul, why do you think a right thinking girl will prefer to be married to the risen corpse of a smelly caveman of 2000 years back when all these ones I just mentioned apart from Sango was very recent in the 21st century. But if you must be married to a corpse by force, why can't you choose Sango, the one from your ancestors instead of a gayish person like Jesus? cool
all these you mentioned, after resurrection, where are they?

Mind you oladips, faked his death. Gbenga adeboye later died. Did he wake up after he died again?

You must be a clown. Why those worshipping sango celebrate his resurrection and being alive...?
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by faithfull18(f): 4:30pm On Apr 14
It's the spirit of the times we are in.
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by TenQ: 4:58pm On Apr 14
AbuTwins:

Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. Matthew 4:23

Was he preaching about himself?
Yes sir. He was preaching about Himself.

Let me show you a sample of the message of Jesus

Luke 4:15-22
15He was teaching in their synagogues, and everyone praised him.
16He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read,
17and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
18“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,to set the oppressed free,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
20Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
22All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips. “Isn’t this Joseph’s son?” they asked.
23Jesus said to them, “Surely you will quote this proverb to me: ‘Physician, heal yourself!’ And you will tell me, ‘Do here in your hometown what we have heard that you did in Capernaum.’ ”

Even though you cant understand the bible at least you understand some little English
Tell me, who was Jesus speaking about? Is it Mohammed?
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by Offpoint1: 5:04pm On Apr 14
Mindlog:

Did you first ask her, if she is okay with you preaching about Jesus to her even though she earlier sang with you?

Learn boundaries as you go about your preaching. Singing Gospel songs with you, may have invoked happy memories in her and your going ahead to preach, triggered memories of dark moments in her life.

If I was her and had experienced sexual abuse or other forms of abuse from a Preacher, who the world sees as an upright man, would it be out of place disassociating from your peaching?

Don't preach to me when seated next to me, if I have not given you the go-ahead as personal space should be respected.
Religions folks don't know what personal space, hence you can't sleep at night without the blaring of microphone from mosque and speakers from churches and street preachers. You can even enjoy a ride on public transport either
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by Abee79(m): 5:07pm On Apr 14
It baffles me why Muslims are free to comment and even freely blaspheme Christianity on every thread, but same compliment is not extended to Islamic related threads to cause you must answer JAMB questions before you comment. But what do I know? 😞💔💔
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by InvertedHammer: 5:19pm On Apr 14
jesusjnr2020:
When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus

Ever met any girl who wants to chat pretty much about everything else with you but not about Jesus?

I have met quite a few.

Once was while I was traveling from Abuja to Port Harcourt in bus, and found myself on the last seat in the bus sitting right next to a young lady.

As expected, we chatted along the way and at some point even started singing Gospel songs together.

I could vividly remember when she corrected me while we were singing a popular Christian song, "Be magnified". She said it was I was not getting the lyrics right, and i was quite surprised because I've been proudly singing it that way since thinking it was correct prior to that, but she was the one that corrected me with confirmation online that she was right while I was wrong.

I appreciated her for that correction and things seemed to be going well between us until I took it to the next level as typical of me, and started preaching to her about Jesus, that it's important though not just to sing such songs about Him with our mouths but also really mean it from our hearts.

That was it and the same girl that was so passionately singing "be magnified oh Lord" and even corrected me when I got the lyrics wrong suddenly switched to silent mode.

She that was facing me prior to that but after I just said that, she immediately adjusted her body and started facing front.

I was wondering what I had done wrong or said that made her suddenly stop talking to me.

That was how it was until until we arrived at the bus terminal in Port Harcourt.

She refused to talk to me again in the bus just because I started preaching to her about Jesus.

God bless.

/
Now reverse the roles. Imagine going from the same Abuja - PH and the lady sitting next to you starts preaching marine spirit or Sango to you.
Would you have been receptive to her message? Or you think that you are the only one with the theories that deserve audience?

/
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by geoworldedu: 5:27pm On Apr 14
BeigJawnson:

all these you mentioned, after resurrection, where are they?

Mind you oladips, faked his death. Gbenga adeboye later died. Did he wake up after he died again?

You must be a clown. Why those worshipping sango celebrate his resurrection and being alive...?

Ola Dips faked his death? What if Jesus faked his death too? Is it because you were not alive in those days to dispute it?
Gbenga Adeboye later died. What if Jesus later died too? Or because some liars Christian apologetics tell us they saw his ghost somewhere in a mud house? How do you know he didn't later die and got rotten with worms all over him? How about Sango? He didn't later die. He went to heaven and his followers said that he's still alive and if you speak against Sango, thunder will burn down your house. They said back in those days, people who spoke against him after he went to Orun(heaven), their houses were burnt down by lightning. Those worshipping Sango didn't see it as a big deal to be celebrating someone, unlike the christians who are so emotional and will celebrate you if you poo and eat your poo. Mumus them grin
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by waziri4biz: 5:27pm On Apr 14
MuslimIgbo:
Such girl MUST be very smart.
Most XTAINS are just self-consumed and egotistical in their beliefs.
2000 gods and almost 3000 religions exists but every other person is wrong except them grin
BECAUSE THEIR BIBLE (WHAT THEY WROTE THEMSELVES) SAYS SO grin grin grin
You must really feel insecure about Christianity
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by MuslimIgbo: 6:37pm On Apr 14
waziri4biz:

You must really feel insecure about Christianity
Lol
How can I feel secured about something I feel is stupid, hypocritical and illogical?
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by mixratio(m): 6:43pm On Apr 14
AbuTwins:
Your own too much?

I see no difference between Jesus and the gospel.

Without Jesus, there's no gospel.
There may be theoretical /grammatical differences but spiritually, no difference
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by BeigJawnson(m): 7:21pm On Apr 14
geoworldedu:

Ola Dips faked his death? What if Jesus faked his death too? Is it because you were not alive in those days to dispute it?
Gbenga Adeboye later died. What if Jesus later died too? Or because some liars Christian apologetics tell us they saw his ghost somewhere in a mud house? How do you know he didn't later die and got rotten with worms all over him? How about Sango? He didn't later die. He went to heaven and his followers said that he's still alive and if you speak against Sango, thunder will burn down your house. They said back in those days, people who spoke against him after he went to Orun(heaven), their houses were burnt down by lightning. Those worshipping Sango didn't see it as a big deal to be celebrating someone, unlike the christians who are so emotional and will celebrate you if you poo and eat your poo. Mumus them grin

Why must you insult, just to make points ... Thanks for the insults... Insults from people like you show how childish you are... May your sins be forgiven...

You even stated it that "they said back in those days and blah blah blah. You must be a kid and very funny.

Go to Jerusalem and learn... Travelling is part of education. Grow up kid.
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by BeigJawnson(m): 7:23pm On Apr 14
geoworldedu:

And for oladips, this is a link for you to see how he didn't die. He even apologised..

See how you are behind

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/music/649839-fake-death-oladips-apologises-takes-full-responsibility.html?tztc=1
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by geoworldedu: 8:15pm On Apr 14
BeigJawnson:

And for oladips, this is a link for you to see how he didn't die. He even apologised..

See how you are behind

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/music/649839-fake-death-oladips-apologises-takes-full-responsibility.html?tztc=1

He had NDE if you know what that means. And for Jesus, he died and his stinking arse ghosts appeared to some schizophrenic women and then gbam!!!! Jesus rose again, lol grin
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by BeigJawnson(m): 10:20pm On Apr 14
geoworldedu:

He had NDE if you know what that means. And for Jesus, he died and his stinking arse ghosts appeared to some schizophrenic women and then gbam!!!! Jesus rose again, lol grin

It is well with your soul... Jesus Christ loves you and He is calling you to accept Him into your life. I have done worst than what you are doing, thinking it is fun. You are just still a Child that is learning.

Peace be unto you.

Oladips had NDE, But you said earlier that he died... There is difference between died and NDE... SMILES... IT IS WELL WITH YOUR SOUL
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by geoworldedu: 11:09pm On Apr 14
BeigJawnson:

It is well with your soul... Jesus Christ loves you and He is calling you to accept Him into your life. I have done worst than what you are doing, thinking it is fun. You are just still a Child that is learning.

Peace be unto you.

Oladips had NDE, But you said earlier that he died... There is difference between died and NDE... SMILES... IT IS WELL WITH YOUR SOUL
Whoever you are, if you died and return to life, it is an NDE. If you die and didn't return, it is death. Jesus Christ died while in a homosexual act and his gay partners testified to us that they saw him after death. Hmm. As for giving my life to Jesus, even my death I won't give to a fellow human being like Jesus. I will give my death to nature rather. I am not a religious nitwit looking for a white man to live all his life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by BeigJawnson(m): 11:27pm On Apr 14
geoworldedu:
Whoever you are, if you died and return to life, it is an NDE. If you die and didn't return, it is death. Jesus Christ died while in a homosexual act and his gay partners testified to us that they saw him after death. Hmm. As for giving my life to Jesus, even my death I won't give to a fellow human being like Jesus. I will give my death to nature rather. I am not a religious nitwit looking for a white man to live all his life.

Sorry ... It is well with your soul... I live you with peace. So, Jesus is now white.

One thing I will like you to know, even the British that brought Christianity to Africa ain't the ones that started Christianity. If been not religious can make one to be a rascal like you and insultive, I will rather stick to my religion...
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by capacino(m): 11:36pm On Apr 14
A girl with good head on her shoulders wouldn't care about some guy named Jesus who never existed haha
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by lendahand(m): 5:27am On Apr 15
MuslimIgbo:

Lol
You'll prove to me using your bible, right? Then you lack wisdom and common sense.
What makes your bible truer and more authentic than 100s of other religious books? Your bible that's even filled with errors, contradictions, missing verses and chapters depending on the authors, etc.
Even the person that wrote the most famous version - King James - is a murderer, rapist and he slept with his mother. GO AND FIND OUT AND TELL ME IT'S A LIE.

Even some of your fellow christain brethren don't believe Jesus is God. Some say he's a Messiah, some say son of God, some say message/prophet and some say part of God etc.
If you can prove to me that Jesus is God WITHOUT saying "the bible says", maybe I can believe you.
when you hear one on one it means live demonstration and not superfluity of words. I mean actions.
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by AbuTwins: 7:20am On Apr 15
mixratio:

I see no difference between Jesus and the gospel.

Without Jesus, there's no gospel.
There may be theoretical /grammatical differences but spiritually, no difference

That's false. Jesus preached the gospel. Did he preach himself?
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by AbuTwins: 7:27am On Apr 15
TenQ:

Yes sir. He was preaching about Himself.

Let me show you a sample of the message of Jesus

Luke 4:15-22
15He was teaching in their synagogues, and everyone praised him.
16He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read,
17and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
18“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,to set the oppressed free,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
20Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
22All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips. “Isn’t this Joseph’s son?” they asked.
23Jesus said to them, “Surely you will quote this proverb to me: ‘Physician, heal yourself!’ And you will tell me, ‘Do here in your hometown what we have heard that you did in Capernaum.’ ”

Even though you cant understand the bible at least you understand some little English
Tell me, who was Jesus speaking about? Is it Mohammed?

Where did he preach himself? To the rich ruler who asked about eternal life?

To the five thousand he fed?
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by AbuTwins: 7:29am On Apr 15
BeigJawnson:

Clown

Just like that?

Is that a submission that you can't think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Tithe Really Means / Essay Causes Atheist To Seriously Question Beliefs / How You Can Avoid Defiling Yourself On Valentine's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.