Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . (6268 Views)

Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Maximip(m): 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2011
divine2043:

Maximip, kind of where I was going.

That was a very good example you gave and there are many more like that.

Such an action is very selfish indeed. How costly is a few minutes call for instance.

It gets me so mad but I just behave myself and tag the babe appropriately in my head.

freecocoa:

But seriously divine[b],I wonder where all these type of girls you people complain about are[/b],does it mean there is no girl who have actually proved to you that she is independent and can reciprocate?seems to me like y'all are hanging with the wrong crowd.

We meet them at everyday places on the path of our daily lives. You're free to suggest places we can check for correct babes

seedord247:

Brooo please i will need the statistics of those girlz you mention above . . and Please when and where can we get this girls because i will coming back to naija this Xmas. cheesy

I've been trying to figure that out too. I guess we're stuck with our these Naija babes till our country really improves.

divine2043:

Ha ha ha Seedord,

Honestly, there are ladies out there that make you feel proud. I can send you a 'through -pass' if you want. LOL.

I really doubt it.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Natasha2(f): 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2011
seedord247:

Broo I ain't Joking.

Seriously i have chat with 70% of naija girls here on NL, all they keep asking is?

Do you have Domicillairy account and how much do you have inside?

do you have account here in naija and how many house do you have here . ,

Are you a permanent resident in US or a citizen . . .

if i send you $1,000 can you help me use it to buy 2008 Rav 4?

and so many bullsh!t question wey i nor fit remember . .
see this gboun sef don dey claim abroad guy grin grin grin
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2011
Maximip:

@SexKillz

Abegi, Lets hear another thing.

Even if you give without expecting anything back. Naija babes just makes you look so foolish.

e.g You give a lady 20k today as a gift, the next day she's flashing you to call her back. I mean, it's not just right.
[size=14pt]You only look foolish if you feel like looking foolish. Happiness comes from giving, irrespective of whether the person appreciates it or not, or whether the person thinks you are a fool. Deep down inside, you know better than that person's myopic thoughts, you know you are not foolish!

If i give you a 20k gift, what was it for? What did she use it for? What is the relationship i have with you? I dont dole out money to people that are not close to me. I have a background of what they are going thru already, and i can discern that need and sincerity in them, even before i give, or before they ask.
A pitiable experience in the hands of a lady you dated, doesnt mean that is the norm. If you wanna do what's right, do it for righteousness sake. . . And nothing more![/size]
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by freecocoa(f): 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2011
@maximip,there's nothing like suggesting where to meet a particular type of girl but I'd like you to know that correct babes like you choose to call them exist and you know that,just maybe you haven't met one.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by seedord247(m): 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2011
Natasha,,:

see this gboun sef don dey claim abroad guy grin grin grin

tashaaaa meaning Dog. .

See your life your BF no fit pay for Tuition kaiiiii . . . Tufiakwaa . .

The guy just dey use you as rain water . . . . since i dey generous , . . I can be of help . .

How you won make i send?. paypal, moneygram, westernunion, check, or do you want me to have it wire to you school?

Just let me know kia kiaa. smiley wink
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2011
I get you Seedord. face the same stuff here in Europe - very vain thinking of many naija girls. It is laughable becomes atimes they package themselves as very easy- fall at the sight of money.

Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Natasha2(f): 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2011
seedord247:

tashaaaa meaning Dog. .

See your life your BF no fit pay for Tuition kaiiiii . . . Tufiakwaa . .

The guy just dey use you as rain water . . . . since i dey generous  ,  . . I can be of help . .

How you won make i send?. paypal, moneygram, westernunion, check, or do you want me to have it wire to you school?

Just let me know kia kiaa. smiley wink
hmm when will you stop advertising your foolishness? I don't expect you to know the meaning of Natasha since you're nothing but an animal that missed his way, Its high time you stop parrambulating your stup1d self everywhere, pheww village fowl, least I forget have you gone for your AIDS test? remember na eye gauge the nurse go use test you so no need to fear  grin grin
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Maximip(m): 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2011
@sexkillz

These babe I described here is actually the norm. You'll be lucky to find the exception.

you give a girl 20k because she is always complaining of being broke. She didn't ask for it, You just felt you should do
something about it. She's a graduate (not working) but still living with parents.

She has always flashed you since the day you met her, blaming the broke-ness.

You know foolish people cannot discern right from wrong so that's exactly what she must think of you for assuming you'll
see nothing wrong in her not being able to spend N25 out of it on you. I mean, that would have been a sign that you helped the
situation. Would have been better if she didn't make contact at all.

Just pray you don't end up with such babes. girls that can't spare a little out of what they got for free would not spare from the one
they earned.

freecocoa:

@maximip,there's nothing like suggesting where to meet a particular type of girl but I'd like you to know that correct babes like you choose to call them exist and you know that,just maybe you haven't met one.

Sure, I know that. I've gone to the mountain about this issue so it's only a matter of time now  grin
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by freecocoa(f): 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2011
Okay dear,I'll even go to the mountain on your behalf again just so you can testify to that,can I get an amen?
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Maximip(m): 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2011
freecocoa:

Okay dear,I'll even go to the mountain on your behalf again just so you can testify to that,can I get an amen?

AMEN cool
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by freecocoa(f): 10:22pm On Nov 19, 2011
^
Okay then,right on it. wink cool
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by seedord247(m): 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2011
Sexkillz I nor won fight today   . . but let me give you some insight on Naija Relationship . .

Our society (naija) has programmed us to be giving women money and that's why you see Guyz maltreating girls anyhow . .  . If you give a naija Girls money, you are allow to beat her, use her the way you want, have $ex with her any time, any day and even during menstrual period.

let's take a look at the Igbo's If you want go get married to their daughter, especially the one that's educated. they will send you a Bill as if she's their only means of surviving, according to my igbo friends they said afta paying all those requirement, you automatically become her Lord. which mean you can do anything to her and  immediately she gbemu (fumble) just play her those memories of (10 cows, 100 bag of rice, 2,000 tubers of yam, 50,000 naira each for each members of the family). . .  you have paid to buy her.

The same thing applies to Yoruba, but their own is life time billing, They won't bill you much on the weeding day, but be ready for future billings like Aso ebi, foot the billz of her siblings, rent a home for her parents and if you can do that they will automatically park in to your house without notice and if they see that you are not taking care of their daughter as they want. hmmmm be ready for Cancelling spiritual divorce.

My G/f and I split everything 50/50. Rent, bills, going to dinner etc. . . Naija girls don't need to be pampered, they need a sense of independence and know how to carry their own weight too. Not depend on a man cause that doesn't always work in life.  

I remember the day i slap my G/f , she call 911, tell them what happen and  treating to sue me to court and i'll be paying $200,000 fine
or i'll be spending 2 years in Jail. Immediately i remember wettin Happen to Christ Brown . .I start to dey call her family one by one, they all tried their best but she still insist on teaching me some lesson dem no teach me back back home.  . . All thanks to her friends that gave me the clue on what to do to plead her. I spent close to $300 bucks in doing this . . since that time dem nor born me well to call her names not to talk of hitting her again.

In conclusion . . Naija girls  If you really love someone, money isn't an issue. If he treats you right you should be more than grateful. Chikena
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by smolelekan: 12:37am On Nov 20, 2011
seedord247:

Sexkillz I nor won fight today   . . but let me give you some insight on Naija Relationship . .

Our society (naija) has programmed us to be giving women money and that's why you see Guyz maltreating girls anyhow . .  . If you give a naija Girls money, you are allow to beat her, use her the way you want, have $ex with her any time, any day and even during menstrual period.

let's take a look at the Igbo's If you want go get married to their daughter, especially the one that's educated. they will send you a Bill as if she's their only means of surviving, according to my igbo friends they said afta paying all those requirement, you automatically become her Lord. which mean you can do anything to her and  immediately she gbemu (fumble) just play her those memories of (10 cows, 100 bag of rice, 2,000 tubers of yam, 50,000 naira each for each members of the family). . .  you have paid to buy her.

The same thing applies to Yoruba, but their own is life time billing, They won't bill you much on the weeding day, but be ready for future billings like Aso ebi, foot the billz of her siblings, rent a home for her parents and if you can do that they will automatically park in to your house without notice and if they see that you are not taking care of their daughter as they want. hmmmm be ready for Cancelling spiritual divorce.

My G/f and I split everything 50/50. Rent, bills, going to dinner etc. . . Naija girls don't need to be pampered, they need a sense of independence and know how to carry their own weight too. Not depend on a man cause that doesn't always work in life.  

I remember the day i slap my G/f , she call 911, tell them what happen and  treating to sue me to court and i'll be paying $200,000 fine
or i'll be spending 2 years in Jail. Immediately i remember wettin Happen to Christ Brown . .I start to dey call her family one by one, they all tried their best but she still insist on teaching me some lesson i was not taught back home.  . . All thanks to her friends that gave me the clue on what to do to plead her. I spent close to $300 bucks in doing this . . since that time dem nor born me well to call her names not to talk of hitting her again.

In conclusion . . Naija girls  If you really love someone, money isn't an issue. If he treats you right you should be more than grateful. Chikena
grin

Christ Brown ? cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by denzel2009: 12:46am On Nov 20, 2011
seedord247:

or i'll be spending 2 years in Jail. Immediately i remember wettin Happen to Christ Brown . .I start to dey call her family one by one, they all tried their best but she still insist on teaching me some lesson i was not taught back home.  . . All thanks to her friends that gave me the clue on what to do to plead her. I spent close to $300 bucks in doing this . . since that time dem nor born me well to call her names not to talk of hitting her again.

omg grin grin grin
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by freecocoa(f): 12:57am On Nov 20, 2011
denzel2009:

omg grin grin grin

washington leave me abeg,I no wan laugh,I thought I was the only one who noticed. grin grin grin grin
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by denzel2009: 1:03am On Nov 20, 2011
freecocoa:

washington leave me abeg,I no wan laugh,I thought I was the only one who noticed. grin grin grin grin

Abeg seedord is a case grin

Just to let you know that if you don't see his posts on NL anymore, the slapped GF has invoked the lessons he was not taught in Nigeria.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by freecocoa(f): 1:08am On Nov 20, 2011
denzel2009:

Abeg seedord is a case grin

Just to let you know that if you don't see his posts on NL anymore, the slapped GF has invoked the lessons he was not taught in Nigeria.
You are one funny dude,I swear seedord needs to be in an institution.LMFAO.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by seedord247(m): 1:25am On Nov 20, 2011
freecocoa:

You are one funny dude,I swear seedord needs to be in an institution.LMFAO.

I dey drive make i reach home . . . You go hear ram
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by seedord247(m): 2:23am On Nov 20, 2011
Freecocoa and denzel

see wettin una don cause naw . .

Just because say i dey eager to post on nairaland i Go parked at the wrong side of the street. Now they've issued me $150 ticket.

Since i don dey this romance na so so bad thing they happen . .

I think i need to go back to travel section wey i base.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by denzel2009: 2:54am On Nov 20, 2011
^^^ that is still better than $200k fine.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Idowuogbo(f): 6:15am On Nov 20, 2011
seedord247:

or i'll be spending 2 years in Jail. Immediately i remember wettin Happen to Christ Brown . .I start to dey call her family one by one, they all tried their best but she still insist on teaching me some lesson dem no teach me back back home.  . . All thanks to her friends that gave me the clue on what to do to plead her. I spent close to $300 bucks in doing this . . since that time dem nor born me well to call her names not to talk of hitting her again.

cry cry cry cry cry grin grin grin grin

Holy karashika I started weeping wen I read dis , chineke did u actually rite dis no it can't b ,holy smokes ko je je be se.Omo if I bet money untop you for primary debate all ur bullets go disqualify us o,I died and resurrected with ur tabonlistic write -up.Dude u have a baddddd habit stop writing the way you talk mehhnnn omo u b razzzzmatazzz o,who was ur teacher sef Giringori abi DISGRACEFUL!!!!!!!!. Don't u dare attack me if u no wan begin chew all the letters in ur keyboard or I turn u 2 soap, hannnnnn hannnn toba gbo yinbo gbenusohunnnn flipppin heck angry angry angry angry.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by seedord247(m): 7:07am On Nov 20, 2011
Densel u nor as he dey naw . . . .
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by pauloman(m): 7:59am On Nov 20, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

the answer to that question IS very simple and closer to home:
A) look how men in 9ja are quick to say that:"all they have to do in life is MAKE MONEY and all their problem of finding a mate will be solved" so i am safe to say that, it teaches women that men will splash their cash to get them as soon as they "make it big". thus sadly, teaching them to expect that from men.

B) also many guys out there aint got nothing to offer women than gifts and outings where they pay for food etc. they have no communication skills, no "game", no qualities. they simply portray some false security (with their money), the same security that any women searches for. so in fact, they are just teaching women to be stingy and look for these "made men".

C) what is the first thing a 9ja guy does when he wants to impress a girl?! yep, he flashes his cash/status.

so from this three first points, we can clearly see that WE men are partly to blame for the action of these stingy women.
but also:

D) it's in our culture!! look at how a man must pay "bride price" before he can remotely think of marrying someone. it teaches women (from a very young age) that they have a PRICE on their head, and therefore men should reward them to have the privilege of being in their presence, let alone marrying them.

E) some 9ja women SINCERELY believe that dating or making love to us is a favor that they give US and therefore , we (men) must be generous and show our gratitude for that privilege.

F) some even believe that men should contribute to their upkeep because we dont want her to look raggedy, as if SHE only started to think of her looks the minute you started dating her, lol!

G) some 9ja women have double standards, they are quick to quote the bible verses where it says that men are considered the head of the household therefore we should be providing for their needs aka prove that we got what it takes to be with them. . . . . . . . . .but then are quick to want to be equal when you signed on the dotted line.

H) lastly, ask any 9ja woman (or her mother) what she believes is a perfect candidate for marriage and you are sure that his financial status will be close to the top reason (for the majority). in 9ja, most people dont value people or character, they value SECURITY OF LIFE. so money is like the password that you must show before you can be viewed as a potential mate. so if THEY (women) were generous, then they wouldnt be able to figure out if we were, or not, potential mates. you still following me guys? lol!

so in fact, most are clueless and the only way they can evaluate us is with gifts and "donations". you can be the best guy out there but if you have NO MONEY/STATUS, all your qualities will be invisible. . . . . . . . . . because, as many like to point out, qualities aint going to help them pay their tuition fees or BB subscription. to many, dating is just synonymous with having an extra income.

EeeeGbam ! Word !! Nuff said !!!
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by pauloman(m): 8:25am On Nov 20, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

you see,the above in bold is the reason why so many women BEG rather than go find a JOB (or something) to sort their lives. why would anyone expect to receive gifts etc to SORT THEIR LIVES?! if they really have problems, shouldnt they talk to their FAMILY (parents, siblings, uncles aunts etc)?!
think of this issue like the beggars at street junctions: instead of giving them kobos (which will keep them begging FOR LIFE), teach them to be self sufficient. . . . . . . unless you are the kind of man that WANTS your gf to depend on you.

we are the ones who teach these women to be OUR responsibility, by these silly acts. if a woman has problem, TELL/HELP HER TO GET A JOB, TELL HER TO GO ASK HER PARENTS, TELL HER TO SELL HER BB TO RAISE THE FUNDS, TELL HER TO CUT ON NONSENSE SPENDING. . . . . . . . . . the fact that she would come FIRST to you, before trying to sort the issue out in the ways i just mentioned (and you quickly oblige), is the reason why many become professional beggars.

when did dating meant that someone became your responsibility?! FEAR is the reason why so many men pay up.
- the FEAR that some other guy could help her and thus make you look like you are poor (that's your stoopid ego talking)
- the FEAR that some other guy could help her and thus get closer to her (that's your insecure self talking)
- the FEAR that she may do something crazy (like runz) to get the money (but then you are simply dating a who.re)
- the FEAR that because you didnt give her the money, the r/ship will be over (but then the basis of this r/ship is completely wrong).

NOTHING should happen to your r/ship if you dont give her the money, if something does then i am safe to say that you ARE indeed in the wrong r/ship.
btw: unless it is a REPAYABLE LOAN, there is no reason why anyone should pay someone's (they aint LEGALLY married to) school fees.

Jeeez ! You so mirror my mind that i dont have to even utter a word here, 3 Gbosaz 4 u ma Guy !!!
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by http(m): 8:59am On Nov 20, 2011
I have being giving all my life and now i want to experience how STINGINESS feels like, atleast let me be selfish once in my life angry

I am a gbosgbos giver, i don't know if i even like myself, i give, give, give grin grin grin
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2011
[size=14pt]What's all the whining about Naija Girls for? Is giving restricted to Nigerian ladies? Are relationships restricted to Nigerian ladies alone? What if you date a foreigner, and meet the same reactions? Are all foreigners givers? Why the hell are we so quick to castigate what is ours, in pursuit of better? Cant you work on what you already have? How many times would you need to jump boat, before you actually hit perfection?

Giving is a personal thing. It's not stereotypical. But giving from the heart, without looking foolish to the other, and without emotional strings attached, is the way to go. I dont advice random giving to just anyone, or "gbogbos" Giver! Give to those you know will appreciate it. . . If in a relationship, Give to someone you know you would end up marrying. . . If you will give and end up complaining, pls refrain from giving, in all totality. . .

Irregardless of sad experiences, The happiness that comes from giving cannot be compartmentalized. . .
[/size]
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by abohrandy: 4:23pm On Nov 20, 2011
sum gal feel coz u r the man, u just have to spend ur life away. u will always handle the bills. ma current gf is one of those. she just wants to be there to enjoy n be serve but does not want to serve or spend. well what can I say?
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2011
[size=14pt]^^^
Just be happy you are giving! Give without the intention of receiving in return. . .[/size]
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Maximip(m): 5:05pm On Nov 20, 2011
^^^

I don't even believe your stand is honest. You're either just posing or naive.

Anyway, depends on the individual's goal in life and the kinda r/ship that moves you closer to that goal. I think a r/ship should
be beneficial to my life (FYI sex/companionship is not, it's just entertainment).
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 20, 2011
[size=14pt]^^^

Smh! You are not the first to make such statements about me, and you wont be the last. . .

And you wonder how some people have happy relationships. Some one tells you how they do it, but because it sounds too good, he is posing or naive. . . Catastrophic Ignorance. . . Smh Again![/size]
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by MrsChima1(f): 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2011
People can only speak of what they know and experienced.  Not everyone has or will have a good relationship.  That's fact of life. 

Giving is a two way thing and it shouldn't be the reason why your relationship failed.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Maximip(m): 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2011
@sexkillz

If it was a babe that's saying all these things you are saying, I would have understood. but a guy?, ,  c'mon

Topic aside, what do you do?

Mrs, Chima:

People can only speak of what they know and experienced. 

Yup, that's why I considered sexkillz to be a bit inexperienced.

@sexkillz, again, I know a number of babes that'll really really reeaaally like you. where are you based?

Mrs, Chima:

Giving is a two way thing and it shouldn't be the reason why your relationship failed. 

When it becomes a criteria for the relationship to continue nko?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My True Experience With 2 Yoruba Girls. What Do They Really Want? / The Baiday Gift My Gf Buy Me (pics Inside, Veiwa Description) / I Want My Pvsssy Smashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.