Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . (6267 Views)

Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Ranoscky(m): 11:15am On Nov 19, 2011
Date naija girls ONLY if u have MONEY!

If u dont, pls back off, or else, yawa would be yours!

MONEY MONGGERS!!
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by MAURI: 12:15pm On Nov 19, 2011
B) also many guys out there aint got nothing to offer women than gifts and outings where they pay for food etc. they have no communication skills, no "game", no qualities. they simply portray some false security (with their money), the same security that any women searches for. so in fact, they are just teaching women to be stingy and look for these "made men".

Nice analysis, the bolded part is very present and dominating in most black communities around the world. As is often said of leadership, could it be that these ladies get/attract the kind of “wrong” men they deserve? Having said this though, since there is no instruction manuals for what global variables should be present in a perfect relationship, how better placed are we to say anything conclusive on the relationship others? So long there is no apparent issue of abuse.

H) lastly, ask any 9ja woman (or her mother) what she believes is a perfect candidate for marriage and you are sure that his financial status will be close to the top reason (for the majority). in 9ja, most people dont value people or character, they value SECURITY OF LIFE. so money is like the password that you must show before you can be viewed as a potential mate. so if THEY (women) were generous, then they wouldnt be able to figure out if we were, or not, potential mates. you still following me guys? lol!

Psychologically, people are generally inclined to crave what they lack. In the Nigerian context, I guess what u referred to under (H) security of life, wld be basic things in the Western world i.e. Good education, proper housing, electricity, good and affordable healthcare system, being able to feed etc. :generally, things that individuals can use as good foundation on which to build a better future perspective and well-being. Unfortunately one needs to be in the possession of the right financial mix to achieve this. And in Nigeria, having the right financial mix is only available to a very small section of the populace, hence the large majority crave and chase this with high degree of desperation. This sort of projects how complex the issue of relationships can be in Naija context. What should u give and when? Is this partner genuinely in love with me for me or, ? there is also the issue of the partner’s extended family.
In the Western world, most women crave attention from their partner/spouse, since the other variables are often available to them.
And lastly, I am of the opinion that the most important reason one should give in a relationship is to express a “thorough gesture of affection” and not because you want to impress!
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by 27naira(m): 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2011
@OP

You made some valid points. However, there is this stereotypical perception that "giving" is a factor for successful relationship. Though this might appear to be true because we have consistently factored it into our Psyche, a successful relationship can only occur when both parties feels a sense of equality in shared responsibilities.  The motive behind the giving is what truly matters. I believe that one should readily offer assistance to a friend without expecting a payback of whatever form. However, it is only natural for guys to put up some form of defense immediately a female friend makes giving a "criteria" for you to exist as her friend. Sadly, this is the case with most Nigerian girls i have come across. It doesn't need to be pronounced but you can "feel' it. To buttress this point, most (Not all) ladies believe that it is a man's responsibility to see to the welfare of his girlfriend financially. I believe that a man should assist whenever he is capable but we should continually purge our minds of this concept. Even the United nations have preached "equal opportunity" employment to ameliorate wealth distribution among the sexes. In the present world, Money is evenly spread among the sexes, so everybody should pay his bill!
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2011
27naira:

@OP

You made some valid points. However, there is this stereotypical perception that "giving" is a factor for successful relationship. Though this might appear to be true because we have consistently factored it into our Psyche, a successful relationship can only occur when both parties feels a sense of equality in shared responsibilities.  The motive behind the giving is what truly matters. I believe that one should readily offer assistance to a friend without expecting a payback of whatever form. However, it is only natural for guys to put up some form of defense immediately a female friend makes giving a "criteria" for you to exist as her friend. Sadly, this is the case with most Nigerian girls i have come across. It doesn't need to be pronounced but you can "feel' it. To buttress this point, most (Not all) ladies believe that it is a man's responsibility to see to the welfare of his girlfriend financially. I believe that a man should assist whenever he is capable but we should continually purge our minds of this concept. Even the United nations have preached "equal opportunity" employment to ameliorate wealth distribution among the sexes. In the present world, Money is evenly spread among the sexes, so everybody should pay his bill!

[size=14pt]When the two individuals in a relationship realizes that “There is more happiness in giving, than there is in receiving”, they’ll work towards giving more of their time, affection and gifts, to the significant other and simultaneously, they are both receiving. Just how happy do you think those two would be?[/size]
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2011
Mmm
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by babaowo: 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2011
but am so sorry 4 naija babes as things going,guyz will soon go for their babe abroad instead,cos muwa muwa ni apa eyele tin won man wi, too bad.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by 27naira(m): 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2011
sexkillz:

When the two individuals in a relationship realizes that “There is more happiness in giving, than there is in receiving”, they’ll work towards giving more of their time, affection and gifts, to the significant other and simultaneously, they are both receiving. Just how happy do you think those two would be?

undecided Quit being idealistic and get real. I support giving but you'll end up making them girls feel like "that's how its suppose to be" wink
Afterall, if you can't give material things, you can give moral and emotional support including lipsrsealed all na still giving wink
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Orikinla(m): 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2011
Try all spirits.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by tutuwater(m): 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2011
Natasha,,:

So in others words I can't ask my bf for something if I'm in need of it and he shouldn't help me because I asked?
@Natasha No, you really do not have to ask if your bf knew you cant afford your tution fees and he can. you dont have to pester him before he helps with it. Pestering him about it makes it sound like you are his responsibility and he doesnt have a choice if he wants to keep the relationship. He might help if you asked once in a while because he loves you but it is no more a gift. He is mainly answering your request cuz you are his soulmate. The yoruba would say the person you are sharing bed with is the person you can hit while sleeping. So in some loving relationship he can answer your request.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2011
27naira:

undecided Quit being idealistic and get real. I support giving but you'll end up making them girls feel like "that's how its suppose to be" wink
Afterall, if you can't give material things, you can give moral and emotional support including lipsrsealed all na still giving wink
[size=14pt]This is as realistic as it gets! if you dont understand the semantics of a relationship, you have no business being in one. . .[/size]
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Pharoh: 4:26pm On Nov 19, 2011
Subscribing.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by 27naira(m): 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]This is as realistic as it gets! if you dont understand the semantics of a relationship, you have no business being in one. . .[/size]

I hear you. Love doctor,

Like say you dey give angry

shiri nshi nshi puo n'uzo biko angry
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2011
tutuwater:

@Natasha     No, you really do not have to ask if your bf knew you cant afford your tution fees and he can. you dont have to pester him before he helps with it. Pestering him about it makes it sound like you are his responsibility and he doesnt have a choice if he wants to keep the relationship.      He might help if you asked once in a while because he loves you but it is no more a gift. He is mainly answering your request cuz  you are his soulmate. The yoruba would say the person you are sharing bed with is the person you can hit while sleeping. So in some loving relationship he can answer your request.

you see,the above in bold is the reason why so many women BEG rather than go find a JOB (or something) to sort their lives. why would anyone expect to receive gifts etc to SORT THEIR LIVES?! if they really have problems, shouldnt they talk to their FAMILY (parents, siblings, uncles aunts etc)?!
think of this issue like the beggars at street junctions: instead of giving them kobos (which will keep them begging FOR LIFE), teach them to be self sufficient. . . . . . . unless you are the kind of man that WANTS your gf to depend on you.

we are the ones who teach these women to be OUR responsibility, by these silly acts. if a woman has problem, TELL/HELP HER TO GET A JOB, TELL HER TO GO ASK HER PARENTS, TELL HER TO SELL HER BB TO RAISE THE FUNDS, TELL HER TO CUT ON NONSENSE SPENDING. . . . . . . . . . the fact that she would come FIRST to you, before trying to sort the issue out in the ways i just mentioned (and you quickly oblige), is the reason why many become professional beggars.

when did dating meant that someone became your responsibility?! FEAR is the reason why so many men pay up.
- the FEAR that some other guy could help her and thus make you look like you are poor (that's your stoopid ego talking)
- the FEAR that some other guy could help her and thus get closer to her (that's your insecure self talking)
- the FEAR that she may do something crazy (like runz) to get the money (but then you are simply dating a who.re)
- the FEAR that because you didnt give her the money, the r/ship will be over (but then the basis of this r/ship is completely wrong).

NOTHING should happen to your r/ship if you dont give her the money, if something does then i am safe to say that you ARE indeed in the wrong r/ship.
btw: unless it is a REPAYABLE LOAN, there is no reason why anyone should pay someone's (they aint LEGALLY married to) school fees.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by MrsChima1(f): 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2011
Na wa oo
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by 27naira(m): 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Na wa oo

grin grin culprit!
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Pharoh: 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2011
27naira:

grin grin culprit!

Most of them, they will describe such guys as broke ass or a bloody stingy nigger, not man enough or caring enough.

@Mr BrownJ

+100 Gbosas for you.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by MrsChima1(f): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2011
27naira:

grin grin culprit!

Bite me. Trust me MBJ isn't saying a damn thang. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by 27naira(m): 5:57pm On Nov 19, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

you see,the above in bold is the reason why so many women BEG rather than go find a JOB (or something) to sort their lives. why would anyone expect to receive gifts etc to SORT THEIR LIVES?! if they really have problems, shouldnt they talk to their FAMILY (parents, siblings, uncles aunts etc)?!
think of this issue like the beggars at street junctions: instead of giving them kobos (which will keep them begging FOR LIFE), teach them to be self sufficient. . . . . . . unless you are the kind of man that WANTS your gf to depend on you.

we are the ones who teach these women to be OUR responsibility, by these silly acts. if a woman has problem, TELL/HELP HER TO GET A JOB, TELL HER TO GO ASK HER PARENTS, TELL HER TO SELL HER BB TO RAISE THE FUNDS, TELL HER TO CUT ON NONSENSE SPENDING. . . . . . . . . . the fact that she would come FIRST to you, before trying to sort the issue out in the ways i just mentioned (and you quickly oblige), is the reason why many become professional beggars.

when did dating meant that someone became your responsibility?! FEAR is the reason why so many men pay up.
- the FEAR that some other guy could help her and thus make you look like you are poor (that's your stoopid ego talking)
- the FEAR that some other guy could help her and thus get closer to her (that's your insecure self talking)
- the FEAR that she may do something crazy (like runz) to get the money (but then you are simply dating a who.re)
- the FEAR that because you didnt give her the money, the r/ship will be over (but then the basis of this r/ship is completely wrong).

NOTHING should happen to your r/ship if you dont give her the money, if something does then i am safe to say that you ARE indeed in the wrong r/ship.
btw: unless it is a REPAYABLE LOAN, there is no reason why anyone should pay someone's (they aint LEGALLY married to) school fees.

LMAO @ tell her to sell her BB
BB is a status check for a typical naija babe. She'll rather go hungry than sell it. If you doubt me, ask Mrs Chima.  cheesy
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by carlinks: 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2011
i so miss MrBrownJay, you dey always speak truth, i had an experience some weeks ago, met a lady and we became friends,i was bored one day and invited her to my house,on getting there,she saw i had quite an array of shirts and asked for a couple of polo shirts.I gave her 2 not cause i wanted anything in return but cos i had much and could part with a few, after that episode,i tried calling her,texting her and pinging her but she did not respond to any of them, one week later she pinged me and she said she had been going through issues that was why she didn't keep in touch.After pressing her for the details,she said " if you must know i am trying to raise money for my school fee and i am 60k short.I have been trying to get it from anywhere, i didn't wana tell you about it so you wouldn't think am taxing you and not check on me again", mind you this is a girl that gave me the impression she was comfortable and she was still seeking admission next fall, when i confronted her with the story she told me,she flared up and told me to stop asking her smart questions that i should go ahead and just help her and if i wasn't ready,i should let her be, if she had been polite about it,i might have helped her with something but she felt since i was on the verge of asking her out,then i must cater to her whims and caprices

Now Sexskillz, what do you call that?
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Natasha2(f): 6:43pm On Nov 19, 2011
tutuwater:

@Natasha     No, you really do not have to ask if your bf knew you cant afford your tution fees and he can. you dont have to pester him before he helps with it. Pestering him about it makes it sound like you are his responsibility and he doesnt have a choice if he wants to keep the relationship.      He might help if you asked once in a while because he loves you but it is no more a gift. He is mainly answering your request cuz  you are his soulmate. The yoruba would say the person you are sharing bed with is the person you can hit while sleeping. So in some loving relationship he can answer your request.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oAnd who is talking about tuition fee?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, I'm not talking about pestering anyone anyways I understand you
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by seedord247(m): 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2011
tutuwater:

@Natasha No, you really do not have to ask if your bf knew you cant afford your tution fees and he can. you dont have to pester him before he helps with it. Pestering him about it makes it sound like you are his responsibility and he doesnt have a choice if he wants to keep the relationship. He might help if you asked once in a while because he loves you but it is no more a gift. He is mainly answering your request cuz you are his soulmate. The yoruba would say the person you are sharing bed with is the person you can hit while sleeping. So in some loving relationship he can answer your request.

Brooo . , You nailed it . . . grin grin grin

Please send me your bank Info . . .You need to be reward for this kind of comment . .
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 19, 2011
carlinks:

i so miss MrBrownJay, you dey always speak truth, i had an experience some weeks ago, met a lady and we became friends,i was bored one day and invited her to my house,on getting there,she saw i had quite an array of shirts and asked for a couple of polo shirts.I gave her 2 not cause i wanted anything in return but cos i had much and could part with a few, after that episode,i tried calling her,texting her and pinging her but she did not respond to any of them, one week later she pinged me and she said she had been going through issues that was why she didn't keep in touch.After pressing her for the details,she said " if you must know i am trying to raise money for my school fee and i am 60k short.I have been trying to get it from anywhere, i didn't wana tell you about it so you wouldn't think am taxing you and not check on me again", mind you this is a girl that gave me the impression she was comfortable and she was still seeking admission next fall, when i confronted her with the story she told me,she flared up and told me to stop asking her smart questions that i should go ahead and just help her and if i wasn't ready,i should let her be, if she had been polite about it,i might have helped her with something but she felt since i was on the verge of asking her out,then i must cater to her whims and caprices

Now Sexskillz, what do you call that?
[size=14pt]You gave her because she asked, that was not spontaenous giving. And she asked because she saw that you had it, that was motive behind asking. . .

That's NOT the kind of giving i meant. . .
[/size]
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by MrsChima1(f): 7:52pm On Nov 19, 2011
27naira:

LMAO @ tell her to sell her BB
BB is a status check for a typical naija babe. She'll rather go hungry than sell it. If you doubt me, ask Mrs Chima.  cheesy

Sorry suga, Blackberries ARE PLAYED OUT. lipsrsealed
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 19, 2011
Interesting Post. Nice one. Nice one from MrBrownJay. It is always about empowerment. Some people do not know the importance of working hard to be independent. Mental, entrepreneurial and financial poverty in a partner is a very big problem.

Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Maximip(m): 8:07pm On Nov 19, 2011
@SexKillz

Abegi, Lets hear another thing.

Even if you give without expecting anything back. Naija babes just makes you look so foolish.

e.g You give a lady 20k today as a gift, the next day she's flashing you to call her back. I mean, it's not just right.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 19, 2011
Maximip, kind of where I was going.

That was a very good example you gave and there are many more like that.

Such an action is very selfish indeed. How costly is a few minutes call for instance.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by freecocoa(f): 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2011
But seriously divine,I wonder where all these type of girls you people complain about are,does it mean there is no girl who have actually proved to you that she is independent and can reciprocate?seems to me like y'all are hanging with the wrong crowd.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 19, 2011
freecocoa, do not get it wrong. This is about commenting on the post and contributing.

I have met many ladies who are very hard working and have got everything to make a guy feel proud - many ladies who are more than a blessing. However, there are not many out there and it is sad that many Naija ladies live up to the bad stereotype.

It is something that can be done - some girls choose not to.

Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by seedord247(m): 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2011
divine2043:

freecocoa, do not get it wrong. This is about commenting on the post and contributing.

I have met many ladies who are very hard working and have got everything to make a guy feel proud - many ladies who are more than a blessing. However, there are not many out there and it is sad that many Naija ladies live up to the bad stereotype.

Brooo please i will need the statistics of those girlz you mention above . . and Please when and where can we get this girls because i will coming back to naija this Xmas. cheesy
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2011
Ha ha ha Seedord,

Honestly, there are ladies out there that make you feel proud. I can send you a 'through -pass' if you want. LOL.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by freecocoa(f): 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2011
divine2043:

Alright,its just that its kinda irking when I read all what is written about the Nigerian lady,seriously though most of these girls act the way the do cos of how the guys present themselves.
Re: Role Of Giving In Relationships. . . by seedord247(m): 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2011
divine2043:

Ha ha ha Seedord,

Honestly, there are ladies out there that make you feel proud. I can send you a 'through -pass' if you want. LOL.

Broo I ain't Joking.

Seriously i have chat with 70% of naija girls here on NL, all they keep asking is?

Do you have Domicillairy account and how much do you have inside?

do you have account here in naija and how many house do you have here . ,

Are you a permanent resident in US or a citizen . . .

if i send you $1,000 can you help me use it to buy 2008 Rav 4?

and so many bullsh!t question wey i nor fit remember . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Poem For Rozzay. / Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? / Talk Some Sense Into My Head.... This Guy Is No Good For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.