Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance (29864 Views)

The Year Is Gradually Coming To An End. What Is Your Achievement? / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by WantsandMore: 8:17pm On Apr 15
OP may have this today and get married tomorrow or next. Opinions aren't facts, just temporary perspective

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by bluefilm: 8:18pm On Apr 15
This is bullshít

Marriage is still important to those who feel like marriage is important to them

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by FireUpNow(m): 8:18pm On Apr 15
It's a lie. Those who still values marriage are enjoying it

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Spidermon: 8:19pm On Apr 15
nairalee:
What exactly is the attraction for marriage now?

Loneliness? Life is no longer as boring as in the 60's (u can now create your own fun in your own bedroom)

Procreation? With the advent of baby mamas we've realized it's cheaper and easier to get children without marriage

Sex? U can simply get sex now with small change without even stressing yourself.

Cooking? . With technology u can order any food of your dreams in 30mins or less.

Domestic chores?
U can simply get a maid or machines to do basic chores.

Many of the past incentives for marriage are now outdated plus all the TERRIBLE news we hear/read daily.

Marriage is no longer as marketable as before

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:19pm On Apr 15
Most youths this days don't give a fvck about marriage

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by BigYash: 8:20pm On Apr 15
Marriage sweet,na social media and western culture spoil am
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by remsonik(f): 8:21pm On Apr 15
Marriage no longer lasts for long as it use to be. It's no longer enduring any hardship or challenges faced by our parents/granny in the old age........
Media,IT and technology advances and innovations brought down its glory.

Also if you don't keep to good health, taking the right diet,eating rightly and managing your daily activities you will lose your emotions and the right hormones body is to produce in love is missed.
I faced it for some 8 years past and since my last relationship ended 2015 I never felt like dating until I got a health improvement

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Biglittlelois(f): 8:21pm On Apr 15
vibbb:
Lots of people (Ladies) miss interpret the through meaning of feminism and that has been a major set back to family life. Once you are being infected with feminism virus family life tends to have no true meaning any more. Most women who are crusaders of the so called feminism don't understand the through concept and applications.

Something is wrong with the way most of you think

What has feminism got to do with failed marriages? How the hell do you jump into conclusion that women are majorly the cause of failed marriages? In 2024 we still have adults thinking this way? Like a child? Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Obaranje: 8:21pm On Apr 15
uche87:

Osahon George Osayimwen writes from England.
may be in your family
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Everydaylove: 8:22pm On Apr 15
This same marriage has either made some people go insane or cut short their precious life. Marriage is not achievement. It's a responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Apr 15
JustcallmeFavou:
How do you expect most marriages to work, when some marriages these days, has become transactional? Most folks are now getting married to strangers instead of to their friends. Some just want to get married cos all their friends are already married, and they seem like the odd one out.
If you ask me, marriage is beautiful. Pray to get it right with the right person, and who knows, you might have your happily ever after here on earth.
Mariage has always been transactional; even your forefathers were aware of this and established their traditional laws based on this knowledge. Marriage remains transactional to this day only now people don't consider it worth their investment. undecided

Saying marriage is beautiful means absolutely nothing. And prayer has more than proven ineffective in securing one's investments in marriage, so stop prescribing the same old failed ideas abeg! Come up with new more beneficial ways to innovate marriage and people would consider it of worth again. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Obaranje: 8:24pm On Apr 15
[quote author=eedhrisademola post=129454587][/quote] may be na for una house e dey lose relevance

Leave social media face reality una sey no why e no go dey lose relevance for una house
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by squarelead(m): 8:24pm On Apr 15
cutecommend:
If people's first and best love was their spouses, and if the first love of their spouses was them, and if their first ever sex experiences was between them and their spouse in marriage; and the first ever sex experience of their spouses was with them in marriage. And if husbands are hardworking, loving teachable and kind, and wives are submissive, teachable and respectful, maybe marriage will be better...

Absolute. This is where the problem lies. The culture of baing a virgin before marriage is gradually fading out and that’s where the problem started from

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Biglittlelois(f): 8:25pm On Apr 15
Obajemu:
Poverty is the cause why marriage is loosing relevance, this is because entitlement girls are the remaining we have outside now. Whereby entering into relationships is like venture to them

Since their parent can’t take care of them they believe someone’s son will do what their parent can’t do

therefore guys are not ready to marry girls that have no future, girls that can’t make impact and they are the ones remain in our society now

You should step out of your enclave, better yet change the class of females you move with, only then will you realise that the minute few you date or befriend are 0.0000001% of female population in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Apr 15
cutecommend:
If people's first and best love was their spouses, and if the first love of their spouses was them, and if their first ever sex experiences was between them and their spouse in marriage; and the first ever sex experience of their spouses was with them in marriage. And if husbands are hardworking, loving teachable and kind, and wives are submissive, teachable and respectful, maybe marriage will be better...
Huh?
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Biglittlelois(f): 8:28pm On Apr 15
olaniyilukman:
there is nothing like mature in marriage, both parties are suffering in silent.....

There is maturity in marriage, you should ask your parents and be schooled, that is if you didn't grow up in a single parent home.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by abobote: 8:29pm On Apr 15
All these anti marriage sponsored posts, I don't know what they aim to achieve

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Biglittlelois(f): 8:29pm On Apr 15
chuksjuve:
Marriage is loosing relevance to you because you have choose to focus on the wrong set of people, hence that’s where your anger is coming from..

I’d advise you channel your view and direction to those who are successful in the same marriage that others are finding difficult ; I’m pretty sure you will delete these things you just wrote out from your mind and tender an apology for this miseducation you are doing..

This!!!
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Acidosis(m): 8:31pm On Apr 15
My marriage is not losing relevance. Thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Biglittlelois(f): 8:31pm On Apr 15
Geovanni412:

Just this week, a work colleague came in wearing a shawl

This man was apparently happily married with three children

When we talked further, he took off the shawl to reveal deep scars on his head.

He had a nasty quarrel with his wife. Whilst he was asleep, she used pestle to hit him on his ribs and on his head.

It's hard to feel optimistic about marriage when you hear some of the nasty stories of what men are going through in silence.

So your one colleague's marital issue is the basis to conclude that in all marriages, women are making men suffer in silence?

So many kids here......

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by ejimatic: 8:32pm On Apr 15
uche87:

Osahon George Osayimwen writes from England.
. Marriage as an institution is being devalued every day with our wrong attitude to the sacredness of the institution. In a community of 2000 people you will hardly find couples that legally married. Even those that are legally married do not care about it for they end the union with impunity. Single parents are many.Divorcees are numerous Ladies who are still tatalongs run away with men.Men without jobs cohabitate with ladies. All end in rubbish relationship. The result is the moral decadence we keep seeing among children today.So nobody will waste money on marriages again but this is against the law of the land and religious morality.
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Biglittlelois(f): 8:36pm On Apr 15
WorldRichest:
Marriage is a scam nah. Those of us who are married and are not afraid of the truth knows this. Marriage is a bigger scam than Religion. Now the western world is doing away with the two frauds

Oga be bold to say your marriage is a scam nobody will beat you, and since its scam remove yourself from it, or do you like being scammed? Your papa and mama marriage na scam? Or If you grew up in a single parent home be bold and say it, then live up to that legacy by leaving your scam of a marriage, very simple stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by ibrocool(m): 8:38pm On Apr 15
Marriage nowadays is not for the weak. If you're not strong enough, it is better you just remain single. A lot of drama is happening in various homes and many are just trying to manage by enduring their partners.

My advice to married men, women and those planning to get married soon is don't compare your marriage with others. Those people that you think are doing well are actually going through hell.

Be supportive and respectful to your partner and things will move smoothly.
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by nkemjacob2(m): 8:40pm On Apr 15
The kind of marriages we have now are churning out bad influence. Like I do tell people if U will go into marriage pls bring good fruits. And stop abusing the main reason God created marriage
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Olorilolo(f): 8:41pm On Apr 15
nairalee:
What exactly is the attraction for marriage now?

Loneliness? Life is no longer as boring as in the 60's (u can now create your own fun in your own bedroom)

Procreation? With the advent of baby mamas we've realized it's cheaper and easier to get children without marriage

Sex? U can simply get sex now with small change without even stressing yourself.

Cooking? . With technology u can order any food of your dreams in 30mins or less.

Domestic chores?
U can simply get a maid or machines to do basic chores.

Many of the past incentives for marriage are now outdated plus all the TERRIBLE news we hear/read daily.

Marriage is no longer as marketable as before

When you lose 70% of your sight to Cataract by 62, you'd know what it means to be alone.

When you're sick and the doctors tender investigations for your family to go and do, drugs to go and get, you'd know Money can't buy you everything.

No matter what you see in marriages now, Money and all these plans can never replace a wife. She'll change your diaper, spoon feed you and tend to your wounds when that times comes. She'll grieve with you, rejoice with you, hold your hands on your dying bed.

Don't let ego blind you.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Win12345: 8:42pm On Apr 15
are you married? how did you marry, do you complete your premarital rites or are you on hire purchase? answer so we can know how to help you.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Apr 15
Olorilolo:
■ When you lose 70% of your sight to Cataract by 62, you'd know what it means to be alone.
■ When you're sick and the doctors tender investigations for your family to go and do, drugs to go and get, you'd know Money can't buy you everything
No matter what you see in marriages now, Money and all these plans can never replace a wife. She'll change your diaper, spoon feed you and tend to your wounds when that times comes. She'll grieve with you, rejoice with you, hold your hands on your dying bed. Don't let ego blind you.
1. You can get the necessary treatment for that these days. Ask why Cataracts is no longer as big of a deal in developed countries. undecided

Abeg, stop offering silly reasons for crying out loud. These are all reasons why the Health system should be improved upon and not why a person should choose marriage abeg! Stop letting your ego do the talking for you without engaging your brain first. What woman would want to sign up for marriage given all of the reasons above? Na to run for her life she go wan do first. lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Faposky95: 8:46pm On Apr 15
Is marriage a fact or the truth.......?
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Apr 15
Faposky95:
Is marriage a fact or the truth.......?
None! It is merely an option available to those who see benefit in it. undecided
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:49pm On Apr 15
It was never relevant in this century...

Una don dey get brain small small...
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Staywithbina: 8:51pm On Apr 15
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Staywithbina: 8:52pm On Apr 15
However it may seem ,nothing will stop me from getting married ,am 33 and a single dad and my friends think I should not be worried of
Marriage since I have a son ,I no want make loneliness kill
Me Abeg ,nothing beats companionship.I will always respect marriage and at the end I pray God gift me a a wife
Of my own ,I
Can cook and care
For myself without a
Woman but no way ,women sweet

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-Law / My Only Brother Has Been Afflicted With Mental Illness Because Of Land / Help With PHCN Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.